Start by marking “The Lost Son” as Want to Read:
The Lost Son

The Lost Son

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sixteen-year-old Jacob has always been able to charm his way out of trouble with the law. But when he’s sentenced to work at a family Christmas tree farm in place of Cody Matthews—a boy killed in Jacob’s last DUI—Jacob is in for a harsh reality check. This emotional story of loss, love, and redemption is impossible to put down.
Published October 9th 2012 by Sweetwater Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Son

Rose
Every now and again, there's a time when a book completely blindsides me as far as the respective story and characterization goes. I didn't really know what to expect from Tamra Torero and Preston Nortons's "The Lost Son" - even when I'd read one of Torero's previous MG/YA books before, "Shayla Witherwood". Going into it, I didn't think I'd follow its protagonist, Jacob very well. Right off the bat, he's a bit of an unlikable guy. He gets in fights at the drop of a hat, he's rather polarizing in ...more
Cathy
Jacob is a normal teenager, he has a girlfriend, Melanie, but he's not above making out with other girls, he also likes to party and that includes getting drunk. Unfortunately, Melanie quickly finds out about Jacob making out with a random girl dressed like Marilyn Monroe and breaks up with him. This was just not Jacob's night first a fight, then getting kicked out of the great party and then Melanie breaking up with him. Jacob gets into his car to head for home, he's driven drunk lots of times ...more
Vanya D.
I received this book from Netgalley to review.

Wow! What a nice, quick and completely engulfing read!!! The Lost Son is a story about forgiveness, about growing up and second chances. And in the wake of Christmas, it's definitely a notable read.

There were times when I laughed heartily, and times when I felt sad, because the story just felt so extremely realistic. I need to say that the characters made this story what it was - unforgetable.

*Jacob - the main character, whose POV we're plunged int
Ena
The cover of this book made me think of Christmas with the icy snowy back ground and the festive red bow.The emotion of the book is hinted at in the title with "The Lost Son" so I was expecting I may need the tissues to read this one. It did not disappoint! Then also on the cover there's the lone figure in the distance.

I really enjoyed this book even though at first I thought that perhaps it probably aimed at younger folk.
Jacob is the "typical bad boy teen" though he can usually talk his way out
Pauline
My review in french: http://featherandink.blogspot.fr/2012...

The Lost Son is a nice read. The story is not the most original or unheard of but it's touching, sweet, full of nice sentiments. You would expect The Lost Son to be turned into a TV movie for Christmas; it would make total sense.

You start with Jacob who's a selfish teenager. He's self-centered and thinks he has everything figured out but he leaves drunk from a party and gets into an accident killing another teenager in the process. His
Sandra
Oct 29, 2012 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: if you like Karen Kingsbury style novels
The subject of this book and the message it sends is neither new nor original, but the packaging in which it is delivered was rather enjoyable.

Jacob is a typical teenage boy. He has a girlfriend, but it's not above cheating on her with another girl, he drinks, he parties and he doesn't take life too seriously. When his girlfriend confronts him about kissing another girl, and the other girl's boyfriend gets in his face, Jacob drunkenly drives home. On his way he causes an accident in which he kil
Mary Tracy
Feb 01, 2014 Mary Tracy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: friends, family
I had this book on my wish list since 2012 and finally got around to reading it. It did not disappoint! From the first page I was emotionally connected to this story, and it took me on a transformation all my own. Authors Tamra Torero and Preston Norton did an excellent job of developing the characters for this short novel into "real people" that could very easily be identified with. This book could easily be made into a Made for TV holiday movie and I hope that one day it is.
Courtney Huffman
Jake is sent to a tree farm after he kills another teen, Cody, in a car accident. The tree farm is the farm of Cody's father Sam, and the father is nothing but nice to Jake when he arrives. He learns through the month and a half at the farm his mistakes, and how to cope with his mistakes through God and those around him.

This book was nothing like I expected. I didn't think there would be an emphasis of God in the book, and I honestly didn't know what to expect. My friend wrote this book, and the
Jessi Miller
I won The Lost Son by Tamra Torero in a free giveaway on Goodreads-First Reads. I can not wait to receive my copy looks like a fantastic book to read and review during the holiday seasons. :) I can not wait I'm so excited.....
Kiah
Cute, touching, and hilarious! This book is perfect for the holiday season, and reminded me of exactly what I am thankful for: family! Not to mention it was written by one awesome dude.
Peggy
2.5 rounded up. It was completely predictable from beginning to end and unrealistic in terms of the timing of things, but I liked it well enough.
Susan Wood
This was a very sweet Christmas story of forgiveness and love. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.
This was a quick and easy read. I really enjoyed the story line.
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Sinshine
Sinshine marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Sam Miller
Sam Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Crazy Book Girl
Crazy Book Girl marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Jsal
Jsal marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Kristi Reategui
Kristi Reategui marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Chari
Chari marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Aug 19, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Silent Swan
  • Blüd and Magick
  • Santa Hates Seattle
  • The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness, #1)
  • Fitz
  • Chasing the Witch (Boston Witches, #2)
  • Black Heart on the Appalachian Trail
  • THE BELIEF IN Angels
  • The Summer We Lost Alice
  • Sage Carrington, Eighth-Grade Science Sleuth
  • 2:32 AM (The Djinn Master's Legacy, #1)
  • Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)
  • Thin Space
  • Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)
  • Cat Girl's Day Off
  • The Harder They Fall (Love & Laughter #24)
  • Jazmin's Notebook
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal #0.5)
Molly Mormon Shayla Witherwood: A Half-Faerie Tale The Lost Son