Start by marking “A Pound of Flesh (Marja Duology, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Pound of Flesh (Marja Duology, #2)

A Pound of Flesh (Marja Duology #2)

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
An exciting new erotic fantasy adventure from the author of To Serve and Submit.

Between dominance and subservience lies a power no amount of pain or pleasure can extinguish: Freedom.

Marja was once Lexander's pleasure slave-until the master found himself enslaved by her love. Together, they have vowed to free all slaves by destroying pleasure houses throughout the world.
Published February 6th 2007 by Roc Trade

To ask other readers questions about A Pound of Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pound of Flesh

Korynn
Jun 17, 2010 Korynn rated it did not like it
Second in a series, this book definitely starts where another book has ended. It continues to hint throughout the book at events, places, and people that are from the first book but not so completely to the point of making this book boggling. I suppose the best way of summing up the romantic nature of this book is the line "I was a true submissive." It's a really strange book about sexual domination with a fantasy framework in which our plucky sexy magic heroine, Marja, is a former pleasure slav ...more
Marina Antunes
Jan 28, 2009 Marina Antunes rated it it was ok
I had trouble getting into the flow of this story and later discovered that it is book two of a trilogy which may explain why the characters seemed to have a back-story the reader wasn't privy too. Still, when Marja's adventure started, which didn't take place until nearly 100 pages in, the book was hard to put down.

I was disappointed by the last third which felt particularly rushed and considering that it also happens to be the climax, it was disappointing to have it come and go without the at
Nelleywelley
Aug 18, 2015 Nelleywelley rated it it was amazing
Great wished it had a sequel to it
Stephanie Krause
Aug 22, 2011 Stephanie Krause rated it liked it
Certainly not as awful as the first in this series. It leaves off like there should be a third installment in the series, but as this one was published in 2007, it seems unlikely.

This book had a bit more adventure than the first, and I didn't hate Marja as much. But her scenes with Lexander were still silly and awkward.

At any rate. I'm not sorry I read these after picking them up, but I'm terribly glad I'm finished with them and now I can move on to whatever's next!
Allie rademacher
Jul 01, 2016 Allie rademacher rated it it was ok
I didn't like it
penelopewanders
Jun 14, 2013 penelopewanders rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Don't really know what to classify this as - sort of historical, more fantasy I suppose...
Decidedly not the first in the series and this distracted me quite a bit at first. I ended up getting into it and pretty much enjoying it, but it was very different from what I expected.
Mary
Apr 23, 2011 Mary rated it did not like it
picking up at where to serve & submit we are once again in a faraway land with a strong start & high expections maybe too high for by about the midway point things become to muddy & wishing for more loved the 1st book love to have a redo on the 2nd
Tiffany
Dec 03, 2008 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Apparently this is the 2nd book so that's why I gave it 2 stars. It took awhile for me to get interested and understand the dynamics of the main characters. This book didn't interest me enough to read the first book or a sequel.
Steph
Apr 06, 2012 Steph rated it liked it
Recommended to Steph by: Bethany
This book was ok. Very heavy on sex. Not something I would let anyone under 16 read. It was hard to get into at first. But got better. I might read the others but not sure yet.
Ruby
Apr 19, 2011 Ruby rated it did not like it
this one started out quite fascinating and then got totally boring. i had to force myself to finish it. sad because it really had potential.
Bkwyrm
Jul 09, 2009 Bkwyrm marked it as abandoned
Started reading it, realized it's the second book in a series and can't really stand alone. And I can't seem to find the first book. Phooey.
Dorrie Berning
May 26, 2013 Dorrie Berning rated it did not like it
It's the second book in a series and you don't figure it out until chapter 4 or 5. Definitely not a book I would recommend.
Cindy
Sep 20, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it
Not my favorite. Funny i liked the first book but this was pretty ordinary. It did not hold my attention
Jessica Heart
Jul 26, 2012 Jessica Heart rated it it was amazing
Another good installment of this small series/duo. Intriguing and romantic too.
Heather Pearson
May 31, 2010 Heather Pearson rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
interesting read on submission within a relationship
Kristin
Feb 24, 2009 Kristin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008
Read from 6/4 to 6/6.
Justin Robar
Jan 03, 2013 Justin Robar rated it really liked it
***Review To Come***
Red Sambo
Red Sambo rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2016
Taylor Kay
Taylor Kay marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Dezire
Dezire rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Sarah Pierce
Sarah Pierce rated it did not like it
Jul 26, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Brandie
Brandie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Quinn
Quinn rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Jane
Jane added it
Jun 05, 2016
Peanutzmom
Peanutzmom marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Jasmin Newell
Jasmin Newell marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was ok
May 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Bearskin Rug (Jewel Heiss #3)
  • Howling Legion (Skinners, #2)
  • Kings and Assassins (Antyre, #2)
  • Whiskey and Water (Promethean Age, #2)
  • Jack and Dave
  • Living with Ghosts
  • Slave to Love: Erotic Stories of Bondage and Desire
  • Cowboy
  • Lucinda, Darkly (Demon Princess Chronicles, #1)
  • Silver's Lure
  • What Happens in Vegas... After Dark
  • Vampire (Mythe, #2)
  • Whispers of the Flesh (Hidden Grotto #3)
  • Taming Him
  • In My Wild Dream (Wild, #5)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • Hell On Heels