Start by marking “Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)

Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  44 reviews
To win the battle for his soul, he may have to sacrifice the woman who set him free.

Aimee Horner lives and breathes her career as a graphic novel illustrator, but she never expected it would invade her dreams. In recent months, worsening nightmares have pulled her into the darkest corners of Hell.

On a rare night out with friends at a traveling carnival, she finds herself s
Published January 15th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Tiger

Ms. Phoenix
So you know when you get tired of the same ole, same ole plot and blurb in books. Yeah? Well, me too. 4 this is differnt and really quite fantastic stars.

So I have had this book on my radar for a while now and I'm not really sure why I waited. The Lady of the Beasts a Goddess from before the Olympians was locked away in the Underworld as she wouldn't give up her warriors for evil. She cursed her seven warriors to not fall into Hades lap.

Aimee Horner has been having strange nightmares and they a
R.E. Butler
*4 1/2 stars*

I love NJ Walters, she's one of my fav authors, and I love her tapestry series. So when I had the opportunity to review the first of her new series, Hades Carnival, I snatched this bad boy up. It's got all the trappings of exactly what I love in a supernatural romance novel: sexy shape shifting hero torn between love and duty, feisty heroine with a wounded soul, and uber bad guy with minions, dosed liberally with mythology and a creepy traveling carnival and plenty of hot, screaming
Bethany Lovell
What a bizarre story! Immortal shapeshifting warriors, frozen in time in their animal forms, forced to wait out their destiny on a carousel owned by Hades himself. Only a certain type of female can free them, and once she does, they have to survive the next 24 hours to be free forever.

3 of the 7 warriors have already been set free... 2 are dead and 1 has joined 'the dark side' and is now working to make sure the remaining warriors fail (or is he?).

I love white tigers, so I automatically loved Ro
Guilty Pleasures
Shey's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

N.J. Walters takes us deep into Hell in her new series Hades’ Carnival with the 1st book Night of the Tiger. Things can’t get any more creepy than demons a Succubus and of course Hades himself. You are definitely kept on the edge throughout this thrilling book with plenty of spice to set Hell on fire!

In Aimee Horner is having a hard time telling reality from illusion. When she woke up from a coma at seventeen after a car crash that ki
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Aimee Horner has been having nightmares of being stuck in hell, they seem to get more vivid as time goes one, the only relieve she ever seems to get is when she dreams of her white tiger. But as a graphic novel illustrator she has always had a lively imagination and so she uses her nightmares to try and create her own graphic novel. But when she goes to a carnival with her friend, it seems that her nightmares are coming to life and so is the white tiger...

I am so disappointed in this bo
D Thomas
I have to say that I wasn't really sure if I wanted to read this series or not. I bought the first two books and they have set on my nook ever since. I love paranormal, but for some reason I was just unsure of these.

However, after reading the first book I am very glad that I bought them.

Night of the Tiger is all that I love about paranormal romance. This is even a little on the dark side from a lot of lighter paranormal books that I have read.

There is plenty of fighting and I love a manimal with
Nickcole
Stars: 4

Overall: This was an incredible story that at first i didn't think i was going to even like. But that changed once I started reading page one. This story sucked me in and sent me on a crazy horror/love story ride that I'll never forget. The story started out a little slow, giving us a chance to get to know Aimee and he dreams that would be discussed more later into the book. Than Sandra ( Aimee's friend ) & Aimee went out for a night of fun at the carnival and that when all the real
Lin Holmes
Hades, demons and sadistic clowns, Oh My!
Night of the Tiger
I'm trying, as I write this, to imagine Judy Garland cozying on up not to a Tin Man, not to a scruffy but timid lion, not to an adorable bunch of puff bodied Munchkins, but to a man-creature older than recorded time itself.

N.J. Walters has stepped into the ever shifting sands of the Greek Gods of old, brought tendrils of their legends forward and told tales written in the past that must come to fruition in the present with such passion a
Pat aka Tygyr
Aimee's parents died and she supports herself as a graphic artist, living in their/her family home. Aimee limps and has scars from the accident. She is also having nightmares of hell and conversations with Hades. Throughout her dreams there is a beautiful white tiger who gets closer and closer and she is fascinated by it.
A circus comes to town and though Aimee would never go to it, her only friend asks her to go and she agrees. Almost immediately she and her friend are separated and Aimee goes f
Lenna Wright-Berry
It was a good story over all, but it took me a while to get into it but after a while it was stating to get good. White Tiger/Man is immortal warrior for the Lady of the beasts (Goddess before the Olympians) and was cursed to his animal form until a woman broke the curse, five thousands years later. His savior is Aimee a lone survivor of a car crash that claimed her parents. Many years later. Since the day she woke up in the hospital a white tiger had made an appearance in her dreams and she fel ...more
~Leslie~
First time reading this author and it was okay. I enjoyed certain parts but other parts of the book felt self-indulgent. The world building was decent it was the characters that felt a little too contrived and it was slow to get going. But overall an enjoyable read.
Chalice
Tough rating this one. I loved the story outline, but the execution lacked. The writing was frequently overblown and felt awkward. Much eye rolling ensued throughout.

The heroine was plucky without being too stupid, yet was insecure enough to be mildly annoying. The hero was very black and white, in more ways than one. Strong, confident, protective, determined, and sure that the heroine had no place in his life, besides some quickies, because of his devotion to his duty. Blech.

The sex scenes tri
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Could this author get any more amazing? Loved loved it!
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked both Roric and Aimee and their story surprised me with the interesting world building and a good plot. I've read stories by this author before but never tried her PNR work. I'm pleasantly surprised and plan to try more of her work in this genre.

Aimee is a graphic designer that lives in North Carolina. Her parents died years before in a wreck that left her with a bad leg and some scars. Since then, Aimee has become a bit of a recluse and never dates. She
AnnaBanana
I absolutely loved this book! I knew before reading it that I would enjoy it but I had no idea how much I until I finally got to read it! I’ve been a fan of this author for a while now and I really enjoy all that I’ve read but this is most definitely my favorite!!! The concept is very interesting; I love the whole idea of these immortal shape-shifters who were made by a goddess, only to be imprisoned because of Hades wanting to use them in his fight for power. I love books with aspects of Greek ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

A LASR BEST BOOK!

Imagination has always fueled Aimee Horner’s illustrations for graphic novels. But lately, nightmares worse than any she has created, have begun to invade her dreams: dreams of demons and evil and of a Goddess searching. And always, since she was small, visions of the white tiger through them all.

Aimee doesn’t get out much, but her friends convince her to visit the traveling carnival, and there she becomes captivated
Liza
Nov 13, 2013 Liza rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
The main story is actually an interesting one. Some things were bothersome:
1. The horniness of both H/h was annoying. One look, one touch and their horniness kicks in. They fight it, it gets triggered, they're all over each other and then retreat. And this happened most of the book.
2. If Hades is so almighty and is out to get them, how come there were only 3 lame attacks? If he is really after them (and he is powerful Hades afterall) then why weren't the two on the run?
3. What's the deal with he
Momo Monchichi
it was really nice up to the point until she met the hero. then it kinda went downward and wasn't that interesting anymore. i like it in a story when the relationship slowly developes over time but it kinda doesn't happen. of course there are trust issues and they overcome them but it's not really believable. i like it when the characters seem real and don't act like the author is pushing for a happy ending.
Mayra
First book I read from this author and hopefully will not be the last? The storyline about an immortal shapeshifter warrior released of a spell after centuries by a strong will graphic novel artist, along with all the action, sense of humor and steamy passion makes this for a great read. Once you start you can't put it down.Looking forward to the other books in the series! ...more
Tracy
I could not even finish this. The characters were flaky and underdeveloped. The male lead simply attributing characteristics to the female lead does not make it so... I don't recommend this. Finally, having the characters relentlessly, to the point of annoying, struggle with the question "to have or not have sex" does not equate to romantic suspense.
Kyra Dunst
This was an interesting and tense story. Nightmares that have haunted Aimee for years suddenly become very real when she visits a traveling carnival and somehow releases an immortal warrior that was trapped for centuries. They have to survive demons and the devil himself to survive. This story was a bit dark, but the bits of romance really shine through.
Djg
Aimee, a young graphic-artist has nightmares that are disturbingly realistic.

She goes to a carnival with her friend and unwittingly releases an ancient warrior/shifter from the curse he's been under for 5 thousand years, but it's just the beginning of their troubles.

I'm a fan of N.J. Walters and I did like this first story with it's twist on Greek mythology and the characters were likable. It started out pretty slow which is unlike Walters other books but once it got going it was enjoyable. I ha
MK
I really really enjoyed this story. The cover is quite catchy but the guy in the cover doesn't look like Roric (which is disappointing). This story keeps you at the edge of your sit, and makes you wonder how the h and H survive the 24-hour period. Roric is quite the overacting honor bound hero at times, which makes me irritated with him at some point, but he has good qualities. Aimee is a loner, and quite the sacrificial type, but she is also a kick ass heroine at some points. It also includes s ...more
Bernadett Vidra
This world is fantastic! I got sucked in and I finished the first two books in one day. Whoa!
Natalie Wipf
good quick read. hot guy with issues, girl with some issues, save the world and have lots of sex every chance you get... sure i'll read about that :)
Cassandra Curtis
The storyline is a perfect bit of fun and madness, sexy and darkly intriguing enough to pull you in. The imagery is hot and the love scenes even hotter. As the story deepens, you can't help but root for Aimee and Roric. The clock is ticking and with plenty of twists and turns, get ready for one Hell of a ride! If you like shapeshifter paranormals, wicked and beastly heroes, then Night of The Tiger will keep you up reading well past your bedtime.
Nicole
This book was just okay for me. The world building was good. Writing was good overall.

The issue was that this book is in a 24 hour span. It dragged at times, a lot of sweating so much that everything stuck to the heroine, and a bit too much "woe is me but I'll stand up and be brave anyway" for pages. All of these combined made me a little disinterested in it.

The sex scenes were hot, though. So there's our plus.
Donna Gallagher
As a reader there is nothing better than beginning the first book in a series and immediately falling in love with the characters, just like good friends you look forward to visiting them again. As with all N.j Walters books I enjoyed every moment of the storyline and fantasy she so expertly weaved for Night of the Tiger. I look forward to book #2 in the Hades'Carnival Series.
Trina
3.5 Stars

My very first book by N.J. Walters. The author has a talent for transporting the reader into the story, providing a first person experience. My only disappointment is the lack of emotion connection between the main characters.

I'm praying book 2 will not lack in romance....especially when I've been waiting since forever for a Bear Shifter!!
Tory
This was an interesting and at times kind of bizarre (in a good way) story. I am not really a fan of mythology in my romance, but this worked for me. I liked Roric and Aimee. Roric was determined to help his fellow shapeshifters out. The mythology aspects were a little confusing, although this may be because I am not up on all of my mythological characters.
Lovers of Paranor...: [BOTM] - MOD PICK - Night of the Tiger by N.J. Walters 9 32 Apr 19, 2014 12:46PM
  • Awakened from Ice (Werewolf Sentinels #1)
  • Red Moon Rising (Red Moon Second Generation)
  • Feral Domination (Faldron Shifters, #1)
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
  • Highland Beast (High Plains Shifters #1)
  • Surrounded by Woods (Woods Family, #1)
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Tiger Mine
  • Tiger Time (Alaskan Tigers, #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • Cats & Dogs (Alpha Trio, #1)
  • Releasing the Dragon  (Myths and Legends #1)
  • Dylan (Bowen Boys, #3)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Obsessions (Alpha City #1)
  • Markings
  • Leto (Skin Walkers, #6)
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive
More about N.J. Walters...

Hades' Carnival (7 books)
  • Mark of the Bear (Hades' Carnival, #2)
  • Pride of the Lion (Hades' Carnival, #3)
  • Howl of the Wolf (Hades' Carnival, #4)
  • Heart of the Serpent (Hades' Carnival, #5)
  • Flame of the Phoenix  (Hades' Carnival, #6)
  • Lure of the Jaguar (Hades' Carnival, #7)
Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy, #1) Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2) Legacy Found (Legacy, #3) Quinn's Quest (Legacy, #4) Finding Chrissten (Legacy, #5)