Start by marking “The Indian Sign (Milan Jacovich, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Indian Sign (Milan Jacovich, #11)

The Indian Sign (Milan Jacovich #11)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Trade Paperback.
Published February 28th 2006 by Gray & Company, Publishers (first published June 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Indian Sign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Indian Sign

The Best-Kept Secret by Les RobertsCollision Bend by Les RobertsThe Lake Effect by Les RobertsThe Cleveland Connection by Les RobertsPepper Pike by Les Roberts
Fiction Set in Cleveland
15th out of 102 books — 15 voters
Dancing with a Dead Horse by Danielle DeVorPepper Pike by Les RobertsThe Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery AamesSand Dollar Island by Rob SmithMcGowan's Pass by Rob Smith
Books Set in Ohio
50th out of 51 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Cornerofmadness
The Indian Sign by Les Roberts

It’s one of the Milan Jacovich mystery series. My first. My last, most likely. It was sort of a blast to read about all the sights in Cleveland. I used to hang out in the area Milan works and lives when I went to med. School but frankly this wasn’t worth the trip down memory lane.

Milan is a private eye and a PI cliché. That was my biggest problem with this whole novel. Everything is a cliché or cardboard cutout of every other story/idea in the genre. Milan is Slovia
Ian
Another solid book in the Milan Jacovich series. It's the usual hard-boiled murder mystery, but - eleven books in - it still hasn't gone stale.

Milan's trips out of state and a nice change of pace - even as a Clevelander who loves the way Les characterizes our hometown, it's nice to take a road trip every now and then. One of the backdrops that the story is sent against is rather dark...perfect for the story and the genre, but one that really makes you think about where we are a as a society.
Daniel Bell
It took me a while, but Milan Jakovich grew on me. I love the character. He's a twist on the classic hard-boiled private eye, but with a bit more heart. He's more vulnerable, too, but that doesn't make him soft.

I finally got to read a novel all the way through without rolling my eyes at the over-writing, implausible plot or too self-conscious characters. Good stuff, Les. I'll be reading more.
Marian
His best yet, good descriptions - I could feel that February Cleveland cold. I read very few mysteries, I read this one because it is set in Cleveland & I have met Les Roberts.
Chi Dubinski
A private eye in Cleveland accepts a paying client, but spends more time trying to discover who killed the Native American man who was sitting on a bench across the street.
Jana Denardo
I couldn't finish it. The characters were drawn in broad, occasionally offensive, stereotypes and the lead was straight out of the macho man PI cookie cutter.
Typical Les Roberts book, but it kept me interested until the end. Better than some of his other books... not quite so predictable.
Lisa
Jul 29, 2008 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of series about private investigators
Shelves: read-2008
Loved it, now I have to read the rest of the series.
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Jennifer Reece
Jennifer Reece marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Paula
Paula added it
Oct 09, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Hallie
Hallie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Les Roberts is the author of 15 mystery novels featuring Cleveland detective Milan Jacovich, as well as 9 other books of fiction. The past president of both the Private Eye Writers of America and the American Crime Writer's League, he came to mystery writing after a 24-year career in Hollywood. He was the first producer and head writer of the Hollywood Squares and wrote for the Andy Griffith Show, ...more
More about Les Roberts...

Milan Jacovich (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pepper Pike (Milan Jacovich, #1)
  • Full Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #2)
  • Deep Shaker (Milan Jacovich, #3)
  • The Cleveland Connection (Milan Jacovich, #4)
  • The Lake Effect (Milan Jacovich, #5)
  • The Duke Of Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #6)
  • Collision Bend (Milan Jacovich, #7)
  • The Cleveland Local (Milan Jacovich, #8)
  • A Shoot in Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #9)
  • The Best-Kept Secret (Milan Jacovich, #10)
Pepper Pike (Milan Jacovich, #1) Full Cleveland (Milan Jacovich, #2) Deep Shaker (Milan Jacovich, #3) The Cleveland Creep (Milan Jacovich, #15) The Cleveland Connection (Milan Jacovich, #4)