Start by marking “Volta ao Lar (Going Home)” as Want to Read:
Volta ao Lar (Going Home)

Volta ao Lar (Going Home)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  2,174 ratings  ·  66 reviews
“Concerto Inacabado”, “Ilha das Flores” e “Sem Promessa, Sem Compromisso” são três histórias que têm como tema principal a volta ao lar e a compreensão do que se deixou para trás: os pais, a casa e amores jamais esquecidos.

Concerto Inacabado

Ao retornar à sua cidade natal após excursionar 16 anos pela Europa como concertista, Vanessa Sexton reencontra Brady Tucker, seu prim
Published 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Volta ao Lar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Volta ao Lar

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Unfinished Business
Good little story about a world renowned musician, Vanessa Sexton, who returns home after her father's death to the mother she hasn't seen or heard from in 12 years. Not only does she have to deal with understanding why her mother let her go and didn't go after her, she has to deal with her high school love, Brady, who she thought unceremoniously dumped her the night of his senior prom. I'm glad there was time spent on Vanessa's relationship with her mother. I just didn't like
rivka
2.5 stars for Unfinished Business; 1.5 for Island of Flowers; 2 for Mind over Matter

I really need to stop reading Nora Roberts stories from the 80s and early 90s. Leading men who smoke, not-quite-rape scenes, women who (so help me) flutter.

KMN!
Anita
Oct 10, 2012 Anita rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any romantic
Recommended to Anita by: no one.
I loved reading "Unfinished Business". I'm glad she was able to find the answers she was looking for. So sweet that high school sweethearts end up together later in life. ........ In "Island Of Flowers" I was disappointed that Nora didn't tell the story involving more of the Father with the Daughter while she was visiting him. ...... Then in "Mind Over Matter" I just wanted to hurry up & get to the end to actually know how the characters ended up together. I was like come on just say it & ...more
Julie Barrett
Going Home by Nora Roberts
3 different stories about different people, all Silhoutee books.
Unfinished Business
Vaniessa, a concert pianist, and her mother Loretta are together again. Van is visiting at her mother's house.
She remembers all the pianos but they are all gone. Van is brought up to date with her best friend-back then, and her brother Brady Tucker who's also a doctor now.
She meets with not only her friends but learns of the things in her own mother's life and the reasoning behind why he
Maria
Three books together, the first two were about women trying to return home and find what they had missed for years for one reason or another. The first was excellent (three stars) and the second so-so (two stars), but it was the last book which was the best (five stars). Ms. Roberts knows how to make people and situations come alive to the point that it is hard to put the book down before finding out what happens to them.
Lisa
Jul 25, 2007 Lisa rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a person stranded at the airport
I read this book because my mother left it at my house. After a while all of her books seem the same, with a select few standing out. Basically three stories of strong headed women trying to avoid love at all costs...who are eventually married off to the men of their dreams. I could have written this book in my sleep and would only recommend it for light reading to pass the time.
Christy
I've only read the first story in this 3 pack of books and it was just alright. Nothing too exciting..typical Nora Roberts material.
Emmaauty
More froth after wonderful but depressing historical novels. Again, the juxtaposition of these 3 novels is understandable as far as topic is concerned, but as before only serves to highlight Ms Roberts' repetition of plot and characters.
While searching for the title I can see the vast quantity of books by this author and can see why she can churn them out so quickly!
I did love the descriptions of Hawaii in the second novel, vivid and inviting and I like the descriptions of the characters, but f
Cindy
Total fluffy crap. 3 in 1 book, the 1st was okay, just got worse from there.
Maura
Janet
This is an anthology of older romances written by Nora Roberts. The first, Unfinished Business-1992, was fairly good although the selfishness of the deceased father was not pretty. I would rate it a 3 overall.

Again with the selfish and self-centered behaviour we get the 2nd story, Island of Flowers-1982. This time it was the mother at issue and the heroine suffered because of it. This was never really explored at all and the Hero was not at all heroic throughout the book. This is more a 2 story.
Michelle
Okay, my problems with this book:
Too much Nora Roberts in too short a time frame. I'm reading the same two characters getting together over and over again. Note to self-no more anthologies with one author.
Couldn't identify with the females at all. They were all twiggy, they all refused to go further than they wanted with the hero until they sorted out their feelings, they all ended up with one parent that led to a horrible life for them. Boo hoo. Take a chance once in a while. Grow the **** up!
Marissa
I just read unfinished business and thought it was very good. Its not really for children under 12 years old. Its very romantic and if you have a child that wants to read it I would read it first yourself. I could not stop reading this book in class and I wouldn't hang out with my friends at all because all I wanted to do is read. I read it in class and almost got in trouble. Its about a girl named Vanessa and her father took her to Europe to have her turn into a professional pianist. She was so ...more
Jessica
This book is a 3-in-1: Unfinished Business, Island of Flowers, and Mind over Matter. Had it just been Unfinished Business, this review would've been positive and uplifting. 4 stars, even. But it was quickly downhill from there. In Island of Flowers, I didn't feel any chemistry between the two main characters, nor did it feel like they would- or even should- end up together. Roberts spent the last 30 pages of the book, trying to hurriedly pair them off with one another, while making it seem as th ...more
Shelly
giving 4 star for unfinished business^^ vannesa n brady were highschool sweetheart.bcoz a misunderstanding n sudden separation of van's parent,they never met again until twelve years later. now van's a great pianist n brady's a doctor.meeting again in their hometown,bringing them back good n bad memories. will they take the second chance?you have to read by yourself^^
the special thing about this story is that it give me a glimpse about cordina's family when she's doing charity concert in cordina
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Unfinished Business--
She wanted answers from her estranged mother and went home to find them. But Vanessa Sexton also found Brady Tucker, the man who'd once broken her heart ... and still left her breathless.

Island of Flowers--
Innocent Laine Simmons hardly expected the father she barely knew to welcome her. However, she was completely unprepared for the suspicion of her father's sexy partner Dillon O'Brian -- or for his intense passion.

Mind over Matter--
Protecting her mother's interests pitted
Joanne Ramey
3 romance stories in one book, rather like fairy tales but quick reading to relax by, sweet dreams after
K
May 04, 2008 K rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Going Home includes Roberts earlier stories "Unfinished Business", "Island of Flowers", and "Mind over Matter". As I tend to prefer historical romances, I was unsure of how I would like these contemproarty stories. Much to my suprise, I enjoyed all the stories, and could not wait to find out how they each ended. Even if you are skeptical of romance novels, the minimal "love" scenes and focus on the story and characters will make this an enjoyable book for any reader. Ofcourse, being a Roberts fa ...more
Shirl
Three romantic short stories worth reading.
Cathie
The books individually may have been more palatable but read together it was hard too take this much sappy romance. Perhaps I'm just too old to buy into these perfect characters with no real problems but carrying around bad attitudes over small slights in the past. How hard is it really to come home when you're only 25? The only reason I gave 3 stars is because the last story had a nice twist to it with the intuitive mom and dad. That definitely saved the series for me.

Jacy
Great stories for a quick burst of romance, and finding yourself:)
Georgia
Going Home by Nora Roberts is a great book so far. It has three different stories all having to do with going home like the title says. So far the first story in this called Unfinished business. It is about a woman who after 12 years is going to see her mother after she left with her dad. Her mom now has a chance to redeem herself and do what she didn't do for 12 years of her daughters life.
Lombe
The first 2 stories Unfinished Business and Island of Flowers were ok but I thought the last one was more believeable. Had a great storyline and the heroine was a strong independent woman overprotective of her mother. The ending could have been better though if she had explored the whole docu thingy they were making. Instead she focussed on the predictable marriage-happily ever after line
Penelope Linton
I only read the first one and I knew from the first page how it was going to end... I did not bother to read the other two, because I figure they would be predictable too. It was my first foray into Nora Roberts' books and it will be my last! I just had to read one of her books to see what all the hoopla about and I was disappointed.
Teresa Coppes
Loved it! Each of the three stories provided a good plot and depth to characters that drew me in wanting more. The three main leading ladies all were strong women but with emotions that I could relate to and leading men were ready to put up a good "fight" when necessary.
Judy
This book is a compilation of three of Nora's earlier works. These romances lack the complexity of plot found in her later works. However, if you're a Nora Roberts fan, you will enjoy these. I love the wit and humor with which Nora writes and I like her characters.
penelopewanders
Three shortish novels...Nothing over the top but pleasant reads. The third one, Mind over Matter was reminiscent of other novels by her - I think it's the Donovan series, or in the Three Sisters Island that a film maker wants to do something with the magician...
Mary
This is 3 stories in one book - - they seem to become a bit redundant!! But, it is Nora and it was a quick read with all the sex, passion and longing:) If you want to "take yourself away" you will enjoy this triology.
Bonnie
This was my first Nora Roberts book and it was really 3 books in one.
Island of Flowers
Mind Over Matter
They were all excellent.
Beach reads sorta and fast to read and hard to put down.
Curious
Consists of three stories - Unfinished business, Island of flowers & Mind over matter.
My personal favourite is the 2nd one.
I highly recommend this one to any romantic novel fan.

Overall impressions: Big like!
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • After Midnight
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Guilty Pleasures: A Collection of 3 Super Sexy Novellas
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)
  • Kansas City's Bravest
  • Flaherty's Crossing
  • Sooner or Later
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...