Start by marking “American Rebel: A Novel Based on Actual Events” as Want to Read:
American Rebel: A Novel Based on Actual Events

American Rebel: A Novel Based on Actual Events

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
"In order to live in the present, we must first redeem the past..." Anton Chekhov, The Cherry Orchard. They said William Morgan was a traitor. They said he was a communist. They said he was a CIA agent. They took away his US citizenship and then erased his name from the history books.

Now, fifty years on, a woman's enduring love is about to reveal the truth behind the secr
Published July 4th 2012 by Alto Pico (first published June 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about American Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Rebel

Ashley
Mar 29, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history, favorites, arc, 2013
I love books like Joss Gibson’s “American Rebel: A Novel Based on Actual Events.” Until reading American Rebel I had never heard of William Morgan or the Second Front even though I was aware of the Cuban rebellion and the Cuban communist government. The story of William Morgan and his involvement in the rebellion is, for lack of a stronger word, fascinating.

Synopsis:
Suncita
Aug 22, 2013 Suncita rated it it was amazing
I thought I knew a lot about the Cuban revolution. I didn't know about William Morgan, the Yankee Comandante. Mr. Gibson paints a well structured and fascinating tale of this American. Once again, Jacques Mallet du Pan was right when he said "the Revolution devours its children." Morgan was one of those children in Castro's revolution, right along with Camilo Cienfuegos, Frank País, and yes, even Che Guevara.
Jane Kilpatrick
Jane Kilpatrick rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Crystal Frost
Crystal Frost marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Gemma Feltham
Gemma Feltham is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2014
KOMET
KOMET marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015