Start by marking “Wildfire Kiss” as Want to Read:
Wildfire Kiss

Wildfire Kiss (Sir Edward Series #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Lady Babs had already done one unforgivable thing: she had written a novel. It was under a pseudonym, of course, but the story she’d thought would sell only a few copies to help stave off her father’s creditors was becoming a sensation. Passion’s Seed had the beau monde in a panic, because it was all about ‘them’! If it were ever revealed that she, one of the aristocracy’s ...more
Published August 27th 2012 by CC (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Wildfire Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildfire Kiss

Melanie Tikalsky
One thing that I love about Claudy Conn is that her heroines are always strong independent women who refused to a doormat. The women that the author write about are not silly little girls with no sense of self and lacking a backbone. Claudy Conn's heroines are what we modern women are and what we want our daughters to be.

This story was fun, flirty and full of adventure and intrigue. It kept me flipping the pages to see what would happen next. There are plenty of laugh out loud moments as well th
Book Nook  Nuts
Book: Wildfire Kiss
Author: Claudy Conn
Publication Date: 8/27/2012
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

Another hit by Claudy Conn In this one we have Babs aka Lady Barbara who writes a spicy novel in order to help save her family’s home. Well her daddy is not very happy with her.
Well Sir Edward Danton wants Lady Barbara but Lady Barbara has another in her sights. Lord Wildfire who is busy trying NOT to accept his title. Nick’s cousin Charles tries to steer him away
Betty
This is another of Claudy Conn's Historical Romances (which I had stopped reading until I started reading Claudy's HR books), with her amazing writing style, grabs you in from the first page until the last. In fact, you'll hate for the story to end!

This story is about Lady Barbara (Babs to family and friends) Waverly who happens to be a curious, intriguing minx. Her worst offense now is that wrote wrote a book "Passion's Seed" which happens to be about the haute ton. Everyone is raving about it
Dawn Sullivan
First off I have to say that I LOVED the Author's note! It was really great!

Another fantastic love tale by Claudy Conn. I enjoyed this regency romance. This book was filled with details and events that often go on in society during those times. They are intriguing and I love how Claudy writes about them. She adds the special twist to them making it so much better.

Her characters are always realistic and they always standout. The secondary characters always shine as well.

In this book there was a
Patty Beaty
I absolutely love this book. It's a keeper for sure. This is the first of Claudy Conn's books I read and I can guarantee it won't be the last
Adrienne Samson
another great read, passion, action, romance what else can you ask for
Judy
Wildfire Kiss by Claudy Conn
Lady Barbara ‘Babs’ Waverly is on her third season. She stays close to her good friend Count Otto Stauffenberg. For you see it’s not that Babs is lacking for male attention….it’s that she wants a marriage that is a love match. And her dear friend Otto just wants to be left alone. So together they keep the wolves at bay….well some of the wolves. It seems that Babs latest discretion has her father calling in the big gun, Aunt Jane.

This book had so many great characters
Lynetta
"What I need is a man who will smile at my antics...perhaps curb me a bit... but never tame me" - this is a favorite passage from Wildfire Kiss spoken by Lady Barbara Waverly ("Babs")to the Duke of Barrington (Nick) as advised by her friend Count Otto Stauffenberg.
Lady Babs is like a breath of fresh air-an entertaining and likeable character. At 21, she refuses to marry for convenience and despite an array of wealthy suitors she refuses to enter a loveless marriage and refuses to follow behavio
Franjessca
I love historical romances and "Wildfire Kiss" definitely is an amazing regency historical romance that I had a hard time putting down. The Duke actually prevented me from working on college assignments last week...but that was okay because the Duke was VERY worth it.
Lady Babs has written a book, but she's trying to keep it a secret that she wrote it. She never thought her book would be a big success and now she really has to keep it hush, hush that she wrote it otherwise it could make her fami
Deborah
I read this within the Regency box set and thoroughly enjoyed this part of the set because this the only one I had not read. I always love when young women are never going to do something and "bam" something or someone changes the mind. Usually a fine man, lol. I liked this headstrong woman even as she fought her attraction. Claudy Conn does good regency romances with just enough heat to make it interesting. Enjoy, I did.
Laura Young
from the beginning he held my heart.
So much love from this story. From broken hearts to completed marigaes, leaving me in aww. Before I get into the review. The cover! Take a couple moments to look. Yum right?
lady Bab's is our main focus and of course i won't forget the dear side characters. and Corry, both have personalities strong enough to dominate the book. By the end I loved them.
Wildfire is our very Delicious man. Although people cal him names for various reasons he lives up to them in som
Christie
Jennifer Erwin
I am so totally on board with whatever this author writes (so far). This book is set in Regency England (if I remember my time periods correctly). It follows the courtship (read: adventures) of Babs & Nick. I can always count on plenty of drama, action, intrigue, & romance in her books. Loved it.
Susan Miller
No real surprises. The fiery maiden ends up with the man of her dreams. I don't usually read romance novels. I was drawn to a women who published her writing and had a mind of her own. I also like that the women rode astride and were not afraid to face some adversity.
Kath
Wildfire Kiss, a wonderfull Historical Romance, complete with blackmail and secrets.
The Lady Babs a high spirited beauty, she didn't lack for suitors. However she was looking for 'The One', she had made up her mind she would only marry for love, rather than making a good match of convenience. Babs thought she had found her man when she met the very charming Duke of Barrington, also known as Wildfire, partly due to his reputation amongst the ladies. He constantly confused her sending her very mi
Milena's Book Corner
Claudy has a good writing style and I enjoyed the Author's note.

Babs wanted a love match not just any idiot with coin. Love Babs spunk and she wasn't lacking in backbone.
Good read will look for other books by Claudy Conn.
Heather
I really enjoy historical romance, but unfortunately this one was just an "ok" read for me. I enjoyed Babs, Nick, Corry and Freddy. Their relationships were sweet and entertaining. I found myself loving Nick and Babs and wanted so much more of them. Babs has a wonderful spirit and was fun to get to know. Nick, of course handsome, rich and a blue-eyed rake, was also enjoyable. Sir Edward just irritated me from the beginning!
Don't get me wrong there was romance, scandal and intrigue, but the stor
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
A great romance to read on the weekend or on vacation.The characters are easy loving and easy to follow.I enjoyed this story very much.
Jessica
This read is full of climaxes and plateaus. Something exciting will happen to make you continue the read, but then some dull conversation comes into play and we must wait some before the action continues. Also this read takes on multiple points of view and frankly, I didn't care to know what some characters were saying and thinking. Yes it added to the story and made them more rounded characters, but the story would have been just as well if they had remained flat characters. It was good but con ...more
Lori
I absolutely LOVED this book. From start to finish I was hooked, and couldn't put it down. I loved the story that unfolded and fell in love with the characters. Babs was by far my favorite and was a wonderful heroine.

Claudy knocked it out of the park with this one, as she always does. I definitely recommend this book and I know you won't be disappointed. :)
Kbee
Lady Babs & Nick the Duke + Corry & Sir Frederick = 2 love stories in one book only one sex scene (Babs & Nick).
Otto the count friend of Bab, Charles cousin and friend of the Duke gang up to help Babs out of Edward's (blackmailing her) reach.
As usual CC delivers though I do like her Faes books a lot more.
V
Oct 28, 2013 V rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, romance
Almost a parody of the romance genre, this little novel flies by with static characters and plot points that seem to appear out of nowhere. The characters' intuition allows leaps to be made that otherwise would have taken time and effort to accomplish. Overall, this was a disappointing little diversion.
Rebecca
This was an entertaining bit of brain candy. It was a bit shorter than I anticipated as a good 40 pages of the e-book is previews of other books. However, the characters were fun and I enjoyed it for what it was. I just think the lack of length led to some lack of character and plot development.
Kristal Odum
This book is awesome!! You actually just fall into the pages with the characters! Have read it twice already! It is a must read!
Geri Walton
Great book that kept me interested. Thought pacing was good and liked the characters. Only criticism is I was confused at first over who was who as introductions to characters was not clear enough for me.
Sarah Magner
After enjoying Lady Bess I was seriously underwhelmed by Wildfire Kisses. The characters and plot were all poorly developed and the book was way too short to contain 2 romances.
Kyra Dunst
I love Claudy Conn's ladies. Babs is definitely a hellion, and every hellion deserves a rake's heart. The sub-characters were also interesting and filled the story.
Angela Blair
Loved this book! I am never disappointed when I read Claudy Conn's books! She is amazing!!!
Angela Blair
Great story. I loved the main characters Babs and Nick. Highly recommend this book to anyone!
  • Oh, Cherry Ripe
  • The Sweetest Revenge
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint Of Seven Dials, #1)
  • Pirate's Bride
  • Come the Dawn
  • Seductive Secrets (Secret Lives, #1)
  • Mine, All Mine
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
  • Sea Scoundrel (Knave of Hearts #1)
  • The Training of a Marquess
  • A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3)
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals #1)
  • Married By Midnight (Pembroke Palace, #4)
  • The Shipwreck (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch 0.5)
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • With this Kiss
  • Lady Dearing's Masquerade
Runaway Heart Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1) Lady Bess Taffeta and Hotspur Spellbound (Legend, #1)