Start by marking “How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen: And Listen So Your Husband Will Talk” as Want to Read:
How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen: And Listen So Your Husband Will Talk

How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen: And Listen So Your Husband Will Talk

Ever feel like he just doesn’t hear you?

It’s no secret that men and women speak different languages. Or maybe it’s just that we think we say one thing and our spouse hears something else entirely. But if good communication is one of the keys to a happy marriage, it’s time to get on the same page!

You can have a powerful influence on your husband if you know how to talk to h
Published January 1st 2013 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen

Anne
Ok, ok, I know I am not married, and not even close to being married, but this book was actually very good and gave a really good insight into the male mind. I think it's never too early to try and understand the opposite sex, and that it can be very helpful to know all these things before being married. Very well-written, relatable and understandable book, and I strongly recommend it, especially to wives who feel like they often don't understand their husbands, but also to simply curious people ...more
Jeff Bobin
Do you ever feel like you and your husband speak a different language? Have you ever had a miscommunication with your husband? Ever wanted to get your husband to talk more?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then this book will help you begin to understand why. The truth is that men and women not only think differently but react differently physically as well. Many of these differences between the way men and women process something are built into our bodies and the challenges are to
M. Shannon
Jan 22, 2013 M. Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads, 2013
*** I won this book as part of Goodreads First Read giveaway program ***

So I actually waited about a week to post my review because I wanted to see if anyone else had anything to say about this book. I also wanted to see if my opinion of this book would change in a week after reading it. My opinion has not changed and thus my original review follows.

I call BullSh*t on this book. I don’t think I am the audience Mr. Johnson had in mind when he wrote this book. I give this book two stars because it
Judith Noameshie
Loved it!

Loved it!

This is exactly what I needed at the right time! I should have read this before I got married. This book opened my eyes to how I could build my husband up instead of destroying him. I want to become a Man wisperer.
Laura Langley
Jun 28, 2013 Laura Langley rated it it was amazing
How to Become a "Husband Whisperer"

Author and speaker Rick Johnson's book "How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen" helps demystify husband-wife communication. In fact, his purpose in writing is to help women learn how to use their power of influence to help their husbands become the men they were created to be (p. 20). He wants to help wives become "husband whisperers."

He says, "As a woman you can build up a man or tear him down merely by the level of respect you give to him and the amount of f
Debbie Phillips
Aug 12, 2014 Debbie Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Married Christian Men and Women
Interesting. Very Interesting. Many things to think about. Some things to talk over with my husband, to see if the author is correct and to see if my husband thinks the same way. Some generalities about men don't seem to fit my husband, the same with generalities about women, they don't always fit me.

Much to put into practice, many things that need changing in my attitudes and actions to make our 30 year marriage even better in the years to come. I want my husband to be the best man God can help
GONZA
Jul 11, 2013 GONZA rated it did not like it
I'm probably dreaming but I really expect my husband to listen to me only because I speak, and I'm afraid but I'm pretty sure he expects just the same, so i found this book really really sciovinistic and incredibly closed mind; most of the times I would say that this author is trying to teach women to be manipulative. Anyway that is just my opinion.

Probabilmente sogno, ma io mi aspetto che mio marito mi ascolti anche solo per il fatto che sto parlando e sono abbastanza sicura che lui si aspetti
Stacy
Feb 26, 2016 Stacy rated it liked it
I found this book to have some excellent encouragement for wives to understand their husbands. I was torn between giving it a 3 or 4 star due to the fact that I found the book a bit confusing at times. The title is "How to Talk So Your HUSBAND Will Listen: And Listen So Your HUSBAND Will Talk." For me the title was misleading. I see in the front cover that it was originally titled, "The Man Whisperer." Okay, not sure that one works for me either. The book seemed to switch from talking to wives ...more
AlegnaB
3.4 -- This was a good book, but the title was too narrow. It was about so much more than talking and listening. It can help women understand how and why men think and act differently than women.

This book is published by a Christian publisher, so there are references to God and the Bible.
Sarah Tummey
Mar 03, 2015 Sarah Tummey rated it really liked it
While this book did include some helpful observations on communicating with men, it also covered masculinity and the influence of fathers in children's lives. An interesting book; could give you a better understanding of your own personality and upbringing.
Karla
May 24, 2016 Karla rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it has all I need to really understand the complex way men think, it includes visual aids, and data that is very important to have a successful conversations in relationships.
Sharon Easterling
This was a good book but I think that it could have had a better title. A lot of the book I felt was talking to single women on how to pick a potential mate and not so much to married women.
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Mr Dario I Beresford
Mr Dario I Beresford rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Heather jameyson
Heather jameyson rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Melanie Trigger
Melanie Trigger rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Ruby
Ruby rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Mindy
Mindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Terry
Terry rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2013
Donetha J Groover
Donetha J Groover rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Tammy Beard
Tammy Beard rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Suzanne Johnson
Suzanne Johnson rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2012
Nathen Wright
Nathen Wright rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Burlison
Burlison rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
  • Near To The heart Of God
  • Unfriend Yourself
  • Under the Sheets: The Secrets to Hot Sex in Your Marriage
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • Love Is A Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled
  • We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can
  • The Good News About Marriage: Debunking Discouraging Myths about Marriage and Divorce
  • Walking with Bilbo
  • Intimacy Ignited: Conversations Couple to Couple: Fire Up Your Sex Life with the Song of Solomon
  • No More Christian Nice Girl: When Just Being Nice--Instead of Good--Hurts You, Your Family, and Your Friends
  • Messy Beautiful Love: Hope and Redemption for Real-Life Marriages
  • Daily Wisdom for Women 2015 Devotional Collection - January
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • Love Is A Decision
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing: A Spiritual Memoir
  • Draw Close: A Devotional for Couples
  • The Body Fat Breakthrough: Tap the Muscle-Building Power of Negative Training and Lose Up to 30 Pounds in 30 days!
Rick founded Better Dads, a fathering skills program, based on the urgent need to empower men to lead and serve in their families and communities. Rick's books have expanded his work to include influencing the whole family, with life-changing insights for men and women on parenting, marriage, and personal growth. Inspiring and equipping through innovative multimedia presentations and seminars, ...more
More about Rick Johnson...

“A man of integrity speaks the truth with love rather than worrying about being nice.” 3 likes
“It is a greater compliment to be trusted than to be loved. George MacDonald” 0 likes