Start by marking “The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)

The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies #4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  41,153 Ratings  ·  3,222 Reviews
The Garde are finally reunited, but do they have what it takes to win the war against the Mogadorians?

John Smith—Number Four—thought that things would change once the Garde found each other. They would stop running. They would fight the Mogadorians. And they would win.

But he was wrong. After facing off with the Mogadorian ruler and almost being annihilated, the Garde know
Published August 27th 2013 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of Five, please sign up.

Angelica Zeph From the word expansion itself we can easily conclude what Ra meant that time was that he is the operator or supervisor of the over-all plan of the…moreFrom the word expansion itself we can easily conclude what Ra meant that time was that he is the operator or supervisor of the over-all plan of the Mogs: to conquer the universe and everything within it. As based on the story, the Mogs want power. And in order to accomplish this they need to expand their dominance and control. Since Ra's the leader, that's why he considered himself the "engineer" of their undergoing operation. (this is just my opinion btw depends on you if you listen to my words xx)(less)
Eragon10316 How dare you say BK is replaceable HE IS NOT REPLACEABLE EVER!!!! And I cried to 8 and Marina are my favorite and BK lives and is with sarah. I am on…moreHow dare you say BK is replaceable HE IS NOT REPLACEABLE EVER!!!! And I cried to 8 and Marina are my favorite and BK lives and is with sarah. I am on the next book just now so I only know a little and So far in this one book I have cried about once or twice IT IS SO SAD. One thing I want to know is in the last book do and of the garde come back to life for the last fight like is their something in their chest to bring back the 4 dead Garde member MOSTLY EIGHT I MISS YOU LOVELY LOVELY EIGHT. ALSO it is mostly 9's fault for Eights death because 9 couldn't shut his trap he JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING TO GET EIGHT KILLED AND THEN HE ACTED AS THOUGH NOTHING HAPPENED AND THAT IS WHY I NOW HATE 9 FOR WHAT HE DID TO EIGHT, I mean I get that is also A lot five's fault too but I hated Five from the start and like Six and sometimes the others I didn't trust him to were I guess you could say I kind of saw that coming ,I didn't see them taking Ella coming until they got to the dream and I hated not knowing what happened to BK too but he is alright and because I am not that far yet I don't know what you mean Jared and please don't tell me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
64th out of 2,465 books — 12,423 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
121st out of 1,525 books — 10,932 voters

More lists with this book...

Crosly Anderson
Jun 17, 2014 Crosly Anderson rated it really liked it
BEFORE THIS REVIEW: I must warn you NOT to read the comments if you haven't read the books. THEY CONTAIN HUGE SPOILERS.

After the Book Four(Coming Soon):

AHEAD ARE SPOILERS. WATCH OUT.

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Four. Still awesome as ever!
Five. Was suspicious to me from the start.(I had a theory he was Setkarus Ra, but that theory got kicked away).
Six. Still the same badass.
Seven. Marina's still got it!!
Eight. WHY did he have to DIE?
Nine. That one character that swears too much.
Ten/Ella. Oh my...
Obaid Haroon
Dec 04, 2013 Obaid Haroon rated it really liked it
No way. No F****** way!! My God these books just keep getting better and better. Beware there are ##spoilers## below.

Let me first say HOLY SHIT! Did that just happen? I think it did because I'm waiting for someone to slap me and tell me "stop yo' foolishness". But no one has. So it must have happened.

First off the escape off Sam and his dad with the aid of...wait for it... A Mog wielding legacies. Mind blown. Having only read Rise of Nine once, I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain the
Ricky
I just finished The Rise of Nine and enjoyed it immensely. But I'm certain that each successive book in this awesome series will be better than the last, just like in every other one of my favorite series. I believe I once said August 2012 can't come soon enough. Now I want to develop some kind of time-travel Legacy to jump forward a whole year and see how awesome Book Four will be.

Edit #1: And now the title has been confirmed. ABOUT BLOODY TIME! All we need now is to get a glimpse of the cover.
Eric Allen
Sep 03, 2013 Eric Allen rated it did not like it
The Fall of Five
Book 4 of the Lorien Legacies
By "Pittacus Lore"

A Review by Eric Allen

This was a hard one to get through. I've gotta tell ya. I Am Number Four, the first book of this series, wasn't Shakespeare, but then, few of the things I review are. It was short, fun and generally harmless. The Power of Six had good parts, and it had some really, really bad parts, not to mention it completely and utterly ruined the main character for time and eternity near the end. The Rise of Nine. was awf
Amanda
Dec 29, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
William
Sep 27, 2013 William rated it really liked it
But... but... *start whimpering*

THIS IS NOT OK! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

One of my favorite characters... Pittacus Lore? HOW COULD YOU?

He did not deserve that.

I am just heartbroken right now.
Luke
Jan 28, 2015 Luke rated it really liked it
The Fall of Five is the fourth book in the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore.

Oh, it was awesome! The writing style has developed. I liked it better than the last three books. Also, it was filled with action, filled with drama, and filled with everything else that shouldn't be missed. Now I really, really, really, really want the fifth book, but I have to wait until next year.
Aj the Ravenous Reader
One of the Garde dies and I guess after reading Allegiant, any death among characters will always be slightly more bearable. (Sorry for the really lousy spoiler...just being bitter about Tris' death.)

The story is both fun and not. Fun, because the members of the Garde finally get together and not because just when the members of the Garde are starting to find strength in numbers, one of them dies.

It is also interesting to know the story in different points of view now including that of Sam's. A
Belle
Feb 24, 2014 Belle rated it really liked it
Shelves: hard-copy
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOKS 1-4:

So much to say... let's start on a surprising note. SAM! I was so happy to see him. However, I was not so happy with the person he brought with him. Sam's father was just too... In charge for my taste. It really bugged me. I like my Loric alone and confused, thank you very much. I think I would have preferred it if he never showed up. I also didn't like Sam as much in this book as I had in the others and that made me really. He was so sweet in I Am Number
Kyle
Mar 02, 2016 Kyle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heard a lot of good things about this one. It has a lot of action. But I thought the whole thing was a pretty obvious setup. I didn't find the ending much of a surprise at all. So I didn't love it but it was an okay read.
Nikoleta
Mar 19, 2016 Nikoleta rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Γενικά αυτή η σειρά μου αρέσει αρκετά. Το συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο όμως είναι αδύναμο. Θα ήταν πολύ καλύτερο άμα δεν αναλωνόταν τόσο στο να μην γίνεται απολύτως τίποτα. Στις περισσότερες σελίδες απλώς κάθονται και χαζολογούν και τσακώνονται ή απλώς συζητάνε ότι πρέπει να βρουν ένα σχέδιο και να ασχοληθούν με κάτι (έλεος)!!! Πραγματικά δυνατή σκηνή του βιβλίου είναι μόνο μια και με εξαίρεση άλλη μια σκηνή, στο υπόλοιπο βιβλίο δεν γίνεται τίποτα!!! Παρόλα αυτά για κάποιο λόγο μου άρεσε, είναι πολύ ευχά ...more
P
Nov 19, 2015 P rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
How could you do this to me ?? My little heart was very sore and I wanted to sob quietly after I'd finished this book.

“If I ever see you again, you traitorous bastard, I'll take out the other fucking eye!”

I already knew that Pittacus Lore never disappointed me with his books. Likewise, The Fall of Five packed with actions and many riddles waiting to be solved. I loved Nine, he's such a badass boy to me. He made this whole book very good with his sense of humor. He always incensed someone in a
Angie
Mar 21, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing
OMFG!!! So I found out the title for any of you out there that doesn't know: 'The Return Of Lorien'. There's gonna be six books in the series.

I cannot wait... August 2013!!! How will I survive? I'm gonna go to BEA just to pick up a review copy. If I can't go, I will become an emo person and cut myself and die of blood loss. And when the book is actually published, I will resurrect myself [just to read the book].

I am dying here, Pittacus Lore! You will have a deadly mob chasing you if you don'
Jackie Zhou
Aug 28, 2013 Jackie Zhou marked it as to-read
Four= Awesome! Might be Patticus Lore?
Five= Hope he's alive
Six= Doing Great. Go out with Four! After all 6+4=10!
Seven= Meh
Eight= Cool
Nine= Lol too weird and funny
Ten= So far ok
Patticus Lore= Where are you?
Sam= where are you too hope your alive...
Sarah= HATED her... Want Four just Ditch her.

My prediction of how Sarah dies:
Setresakus Ra will one of the the most dangerous weapon of humanity "Jealousy" to use Sarah... And I'll every guess what next :)

AFTER READING FALL OF FIVE I REALIZE THAT EIGHT
Lulu
Sep 01, 2015 Lulu rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-finish
This book killed me. It literally ripped my heart out and then attempted to put it back in.
JUST WHYYY
Arlene
Feb 22, 2016 Arlene rated it really liked it
The title is a huge spoiler… just saying. I wasn't expecting what just happened, or maybe I was in denial. What an explosive installment to this series that just won't quit!

In The Fall of Five, the Lorien Guards find number five and they hope to add more fuel to their arsenal as they train to fight the Mogadorians. Five's powers include flight, invincibility, externa and a few more tricks he hides up his sleeve.

In this installment, they also find Sam and his father. When the Guards practice tog
Juliana Zapata
Jan 13, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
El libro tuvo algunas partes mas lentas de lo que estoy acostumbrada con esta increíble saga, pero la acción lo compensó todo.
Sigo sin querer mucho a Cuatro y odiando a Sarah, me encantó leer tantos personajes y que la trama tuviera tantos saltos emocionales.
Las últimas páginas fueron como para morirse, sentí demasiada ira y un desprecio absoluto por un personaje, pero estuvo increíble.
Esperando ansiosa el siguiente libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Dear father Time,
Pretty pretty please could you hurry up and be 2013 already?
I really have a lot of books that are going to get published then... Or if you can't or won't, would you mind letting me into Pittacus Lore's mind while he's writing this book? I truly want to know how Setrakus-Ra loses the war since he has been winning some fights.
Thank you!
The most dedicated fan (and future girlfriend of Number Nine)
May 19, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
I listened to the audiobook of this and I'm not real happy with the casting. Four was all wrong. Too old. It was distracting. And the others weren't right either. Anyway, that aside, I was entertained by this installment, but it is starting to get a bit repetitive. There were a few twist in this one, but nothing so much that I was really shocked. And the writing is formulaic. I kind of wished this would have been a really epic trilogy instead of dragging out into so many books. I think I'm done ...more
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you Penguin Australia for sending me this copy. No compensation was given or taken to alter this review.

The Lorien Legacies has a little bit of everything for everyone; romance, action, sci-fi elements and a diverse collection of characters. The Fall of Five, which is the fourth and second last in
Justin
Oct 13, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing
Post-read: (view spoiler)

Heart-wrenchingly good. But so sad. D:

Review to come!

~~~

EDIT 7/23: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/07/23/f...

EXCERPT EXCERPT READ YOUR EXCERPT HERE! First 3 chapters for the price of free!! :D

EDIT 6/26:
Sam. John (Four). Adam. Sarah. Six. Marina (Seven). Eight. Nine. Ella (Ten). Five. Malco
Kassidy
Sep 12, 2013 Kassidy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I love this series so much!

This book really allowed the characters to develop further. It had less action, which provided a chance for the reader to get to know everyone better. There are a lot of different important characters and I feel like they all have their own distinctive personalities. There were also a lot of twists, which I loved! I love the direction that the plot is going and it's going to be crazy! I also really enjoyed all of the Sci-Fi elements. The action scenes are written very
Mark
Ok. So those of you who have walked my path with the 'youff dudes' that are the Lorien survivors may raise an enquiring eyebrow at the three stars and say 'goodness, how surprising' or should that be 'hey dude you blow me away bro, you ain't giving this book your usual ass-kicking'. Well no, because to my surprise I actually found it a teensy weensy bit more acceptable.

There were still gaping holes of continuity and reason in the thing eg: the Mogadorians are still riotously incompetent; it is
Sophie
Jan 13, 2015 Sophie rated it it was amazing
What I predict will happen:

1. Malcolm and Sam Goode meet up with the Loric (see the lost files)
2. They find Number 5
3. They start a search for Adamus (see the lost files)

What I predict after the title:

5 WILL DIE!!

Just read the book... Wow! As of I have to wait for the next one for a full year!!
Jenna
Sep 13, 2013 Jenna rated it really liked it
The Fall of Five is another one good book from the Lorien Legacies series. The story plot and action scenes do not disappoint. However, I did not like how some things ended. Very cliffhanging. Also somebody dies at the end and that disappointed the hell out of me. It was so depressing. Still is actually. I kind of wonder how the hell will the Loric defend Earth and themselves against the Ugly Mogadorians? Anyway, I was still glad to know of the new alliances the Loric made. The new characters we ...more
David
Aug 27, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
UPDATE: Tuesday, August 27, 2013. 5:00 P.M, Eastern Time. So I started typing a long scene by scene review for this book, but I lost it, and I'm pretty pissed. Anyway, here's my second attempt at a review. Major spoilers ahead.

So first I'm going to look at my predictions that I made back in May. Let's see how accurate (or not) I was.

1. The Garde will meet Five. I was definitely right about this, and I would have been stunned if I was wrong. Five was male though, which really surprised me and ma
Rawkstar48
Feb 27, 2014 Rawkstar48 rated it liked it

This book...This book hurt. I mean that wholeheartedly. IT HURT. I'm not sure how the author is going to wrap this mess up. DANGIT! I had such high expectations. I guess it's time to explain why, despite the pain, I still gave it three stars.

I gave it three stars because it was a decent book. If I could forget my expectations and ignore how this book impacted the series, it was an entertaining read. BUT my inner fangirl came out and decimated this book.

This review contains spoilers. Do not
Eric Boot
Well, it definitely was NOT the best book in the series (I hated Number Five) but it still is an AWESOME BOOK! Six still is my favorite character <3 ;)
Jonathan

About two books ago in this series, right after reading the first and finding it relatively enjoyable, I discovered that the actual author of this series was James Frey. Having read enough about his exploits as an author, I was turned off enough to decide not to buy any further books. Thankfully, that is, because while the ideas remained decent and far from the worst books out there for teens to read, they went downhill from the promise shown in book one. Or maybe it was simply that my eyes were
Rose
I don't think I'll ever forget the Lorien Legacies series. The pull, the urge to continue reading, book after book, is so strong all of the time, it's almost impossible to put them down.

Six is one of the most badass heroines I know, and she is easily my favourite character overall. From when she was introduced, I knew she was special.

When Five was introduced, I smelled something fishy. But later, I realised that I'd misread the clues. Pittacus Lore had played me without me realising. This is a
Was it Nines fault that Eight is gone? 7 73 Jul 02, 2016 06:02PM
Lorian Legacies : The Fall of Five (book 4) 1 1 Apr 22, 2016 05:24AM
Lorian Legacies Fans: The Fall of Five 1 2 Feb 27, 2016 08:13AM
ella and nine? 14 86 Oct 10, 2015 11:55PM
Six or Sarah?? 43 134 Oct 10, 2015 11:54PM
Ending- I feel like I've been slapped 604 703 Oct 10, 2015 11:48PM
  • Shutdown (Glitch, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
  • Alliance (The Paladin Prophecy, #2)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)
  • Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2)
  • Light (Gone, #6)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Exposure (Virals, #4)
  • Black Friday (Aramov, #3)
  • Apartment 255
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Halo
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.
More about Pittacus Lore...

Lorien Legacies (7 books)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies, #6)
  • United as One (Lorien Legacies, #7)

“Nine lies on his back, groaning. His chest is shredded from where Eight slashed him, he’s got a fresh black eye, and I think I notice a trickle of blood from where I struck him with his staff. Suddenly, his groans turn to laughter.
“That was awesome!” Nine hollers.”
49 likes
“Wow, Johnny. I send you out for reinforcements and you come back with an old man, a nerd and this little hobbit guy. Great job.” 47 likes