Start by marking “The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)

The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies #4)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  27,828 ratings  ·  2,718 reviews
The Garde are finally reunited, but do they have what it takes to win the war against the Mogadorians?

John Smith—Number Four—thought that things would change once the Garde found each other. They would stop running. They would fight the Mogadorians. And they would win.

But he was wrong. After facing off with the Mogadorian ruler and almost being annihilated, the Garde know
Published August 27th 2013 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of Five, please sign up.

Edward Medina Nattaphan,

Nattaphan,

Not sure if you finished reading the book or the series. However, my answer will have a spoiler below so if you did not finish reading the book you may not want to read it. If you finished the book then you'll probably understand the reference from the beginning.

SPOILER AHEAD - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

**********************************************

So Setrakus Ra "saved" the Mogadorians who were a dying race by performing some genetic experiments. Setrakus Ra (who used to be the 10th Elder from Lorien) then lead the expansion of the Mogadorian expansion by conquering and destroying Lorien.

Setrakus Ra plans of expanding the Mogadorian Empire throughout the entire galaxy. So the reference "engineer of the Great Expansion" means that Setrakus Ra is bent of dominating the entire galaxy and being is ruler.

This is all revealed in the book "The Fall of Five" . (less)
Jared If bk dies there will be more chimera to take his place so I'm not worked as much about him. I'm worried about how they are going to rebuild an entire…moreIf bk dies there will be more chimera to take his place so I'm not worked as much about him. I'm worried about how they are going to rebuild an entire race out of only six (or seven, if you know what I mean!) Loriens!(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
64th out of 2,466 books — 12,474 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
128th out of 1,517 books — 10,508 voters

More lists with this book...

Crosly Anderson
BEFORE THIS REVIEW: I must warn you NOT to read the comments if you haven't read the books. THEY CONTAIN HUGE SPOILERS.

After the Book Four(Coming Soon):

AHEAD ARE SPOILERS. WATCH OUT.

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Four. Still awesome as ever!
Five. Was suspicious to me from the start.(I had a theory he was Setkarus Ra, but that theory got kicked away).
Six. Still the same badass.
Seven. Marina's still got it!!
Eight. WHY did he have to DIE?
Nine. That one character that swears too much.
Ten/Ella. Oh my...
Ricky
I just finished The Rise of Nine and enjoyed it immensely. But I'm certain that each successive book in this awesome series will be better than the last, just like in every other one of my favorite series. I believe I once said August 2012 can't come soon enough. Now I want to develop some kind of time-travel Legacy to jump forward a whole year and see how awesome Book Four will be.

Edit #1: And now the title has been confirmed. ABOUT BLOODY TIME! All we need now is to get a glimpse of the cover.
Obaid Haroon
No way. No F****** way!! My God these books just keep getting better and better. Beware there are ##spoilers## below.

Let me first say HOLY SHIT! Did that just happen? I think it did because I'm waiting for someone to slap me and tell me "stop yo' foolishness". But no one has. So it must have happened.

First off the escape off Sam and his dad with the aid of...wait for it... A Mog wielding legacies. Mind blown. Having only read Rise of Nine once, I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain the
Eric Allen
The Fall of Five
Book 4 of the Lorien Legacies
By "Pittacus Lore"

A Review by Eric Allen

This was a hard one to get through. I've gotta tell ya. I Am Number Four, the first book of this series, wasn't Shakespeare, but then, few of the things I review are. It was short, fun and generally harmless. The Power of Six had good parts, and it had some really, really bad parts, not to mention it completely and utterly ruined the main character for time and eternity near the end. The Rise of Nine. was awf
Amanda
Luke
The Fall of Five is the fourth book in the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore.

Oh, it was awesome! The writing style has developed. I liked it better than the last three books. Also, it was filled with action, filled with drama, and filled with everything else that shouldn't be missed. Now I really, really, really, really want the fifth book, but I have to wait until next year.
Belle
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOKS 1-4:

So much to say... let's start on a surprising note. SAM! I was so happy to see him. However, I was not so happy with the person he brought with him. Sam's father was just too... In charge for my taste. It really bugged me. I like my Loric alone and confused, thank you very much. I think I would have preferred it if he never showed up. I also didn't like Sam as much in this book as I had in the others and that made me really. He was so sweet in I Am Number
William
But... but... *start whimpering*

THIS IS NOT OK! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

One of my favorite characters... Pittacus Lore? HOW COULD YOU?

He did not deserve that.

I am just heartbroken right now.
Angie
OMFG!!! So I found out the title for any of you out there that doesn't know: 'The Return Of Lorien'. There's gonna be six books in the series.

I cannot wait... August 2013!!! How will I survive? I'm gonna go to BEA just to pick up a review copy. If I can't go, I will become an emo person and cut myself and die of blood loss. And when the book is actually published, I will resurrect myself [just to read the book].

I am dying here, Pittacus Lore! You will have a deadly mob chasing you if you don'
Jackie Zhou
Aug 28, 2013 Jackie Zhou marked it as to-read
Four= Awesome! Might be Patticus Lore?
Five= Hope he's alive
Six= Doing Great. Go out with Four! After all 6+4=10!
Seven= Meh
Eight= Cool
Nine= Lol too weird and funny
Ten= So far ok
Patticus Lore= Where are you?
Sam= where are you too hope your alive...
Sarah= HATED her... Want Four just Ditch her.

My prediction of how Sarah dies:
Setresakus Ra will one of the the most dangerous weapon of humanity "Jealousy" to use Sarah... And I'll every guess what next :)

AFTER READING FALL OF FIVE I REALIZE THAT EIGHT
Juliana Zapata
El libro tuvo algunas partes mas lentas de lo que estoy acostumbrada con esta increíble saga, pero la acción lo compensó todo.
Sigo sin querer mucho a Cuatro y odiando a Sarah, me encantó leer tantos personajes y que la trama tuviera tantos saltos emocionales.
Las últimas páginas fueron como para morirse, sentí demasiada ira y un desprecio absoluto por un personaje, pero estuvo increíble.
Esperando ansiosa el siguiente libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Lulu
This book killed me. It literally ripped my heart out and then attempted to put it back in.
JUST WHYYY
Justin
Post-read: (view spoiler)

Heart-wrenchingly good. But so sad. D:

Review to come!

~~~

EDIT 7/23: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/07/23/f...

EXCERPT EXCERPT READ YOUR EXCERPT HERE! First 3 chapters for the price of free!! :D

EDIT 6/26:
Sam. John (Four). Adam. Sarah. Six. Marina (Seven). Eight. Nine. Ella (Ten). Five. Malco
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Dear father Time,
Pretty pretty please could you hurry up and be 2013 already?
I really have a lot of books that are going to get published then... Or if you can't or won't, would you mind letting me into Pittacus Lore's mind while he's writing this book? I truly want to know how Setrakus-Ra loses the war since he has been winning some fights.
Thank you!
The most dedicated fan (and future girlfriend of Number Nine)
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you Penguin Australia for sending me this copy. No compensation was given or taken to alter this review.

The Lorien Legacies has a little bit of everything for everyone; romance, action, sci-fi elements and a diverse collection of characters. The Fall of Five, which is the fourth and second last in
Sophie
What I predict will happen:

1. Malcolm and Sam Goode meet up with the Loric (see the lost files)
2. They find Number 5
3. They start a search for Adamus (see the lost files)

What I predict after the title:

5 WILL DIE!!

Just read the book... Wow! As of I have to wait for the next one for a full year!!
Mark
Ok. So those of you who have walked my path with the 'youff dudes' that are the Lorien survivors may raise an enquiring eyebrow at the three stars and say 'goodness, how surprising' or should that be 'hey dude you blow me away bro, you ain't giving this book your usual ass-kicking'. Well no, because to my surprise I actually found it a teensy weensy bit more acceptable.

There were still gaping holes of continuity and reason in the thing eg: the Mogadorians are still riotously incompetent; it is
Rawkstar48

This book...This book hurt. I mean that wholeheartedly. IT HURT. I'm not sure how the author is going to wrap this mess up. DANGIT! I had such high expectations. I guess it's time to explain why, despite the pain, I still gave it three stars.

I gave it three stars because it was a decent book. If I could forget my expectations and ignore how this book impacted the series, it was an entertaining read. BUT my inner fangirl came out and decimated this book.

This review contains spoilers. Do not
Kassidy
I love this series so much!

This book really allowed the characters to develop further. It had less action, which provided a chance for the reader to get to know everyone better. There are a lot of different important characters and I feel like they all have their own distinctive personalities. There were also a lot of twists, which I loved! I love the direction that the plot is going and it's going to be crazy! I also really enjoyed all of the Sci-Fi elements. The action scenes are written very
Jenna
The Fall of Five is another one good book from the Lorien Legacies series. The story plot and action scenes do not disappoint. However, I did not like how some things ended. Very cliffhanging. Also somebody dies at the end and that disappointed the hell out of me. It was so depressing. Still is actually. I kind of wonder how the hell will the Loric defend Earth and themselves against the Ugly Mogadorians? Anyway, I was still glad to know of the new alliances the Loric made. The new characters we ...more
David
Aug 27, 2013 David rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
UPDATE: Tuesday, August 27, 2013. 5:00 P.M, Eastern Time. So I started typing a long scene by scene review for this book, but I lost it, and I'm pretty pissed. Anyway, here's my second attempt at a review. Major spoilers ahead.

So first I'm going to look at my predictions that I made back in May. Let's see how accurate (or not) I was.

1. The Garde will meet Five. I was definitely right about this, and I would have been stunned if I was wrong. Five was male though, which really surprised me and ma
Jonathan

About two books ago in this series, right after reading the first and finding it relatively enjoyable, I discovered that the actual author of this series was James Frey. Having read enough about his exploits as an author, I was turned off enough to decide not to buy any further books. Thankfully, that is, because while the ideas remained decent and far from the worst books out there for teens to read, they went downhill from the promise shown in book one. Or maybe it was simply that my eyes were
Isobel Parker
AAARRRGGGHHH! I can't wait a year for the next book - this was an even worse cliffhanger than the last book :'(
I read it in about half a day because i could not stop reading. I both hated it and loved it at the same time but there were a few main reasons why i only gave it 4 stars:
1) It was so short! how does it take a year to write less than 300 pages?
2) Nothing really happened in it until the last few chapters - it happened over a very short time frame.
3) It produces way more questions than an
Manali
Oct 10, 2013 Manali added it
What the heck? The FALL of five? They're gonna kill the character most newly introduced? Why, to ease the reader's pain? Seriously!

edit (i've read the book now and it was amazing...)
having said that, let me get this out in written form as well...HOLY SHIT!!! HOWWWWLEEEEEE SHEEEEET!!!! read this book only if you are open to a world of pain!
SPOILERS SPOILERS
WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT?
what the frackadoodly crack was that???
four - still love the character.
five - go to hell, dude! (understat
Roland White
Heidi
Well, this book isn't terribly different than the others (which I rated 3 stars) but that's its major problem. I feel like the story keeps retreading the same ground. They walk into an ambush and escape, hook up with a new number, and finally fight the Mogodorians and practically lose (someone needing to die). (view spoiler) ...more
Neil(ed) it!
(view spoiler)

I actually read it in one day, mathematically, because this was really a page turner, gripping, great read. I devoured the book that fast without thinking how much time has passed away. I can't contain my excitement and happiness seein
Harry
UPSET
...and unfortunately this hasn't endeared me to the Lorien Legacies series. In fact, this rather small and annoying book has left me confused and angry. While it has some fun, fast battle scenes with plenty of fighting, which are enthralling and enjoyable, the whole book is so obviously predictable you know from the start that something's up. Anyway, I've read enough books to know how it would end and end that way it did, shame really, I was hoping for a nice, neat twist to throw me off an
Sarah Morenon
One doesn't read these for the great writing, just for the fun of the story. Pleeese save the world, kids!
Boyanna

There is always that one book/series that you like reading it and you enjoyed it tremendously but you cant honestly say that you loved it.
You like the story, but you are never to invested in it. You like the characters, some more then the others, but you wont be to crushed if something happens to any of them - it would be just another plot twist...

This is a 4th book and it's basically the middle of the series. The story is pretty much progressed. Its not as much action packet as its predecessor
Sam/Six or Four/Six? 30 95 Feb 17, 2015 06:24PM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore 3 16 Feb 07, 2015 07:16AM
Favourite Character Elimination Game (PLZ POST) 19 24 Dec 25, 2014 12:44AM
Ending- I feel like I've been slapped 607 655 Dec 24, 2014 07:54AM
Favourite Character? 2 9 Nov 25, 2014 11:19AM
Sentence game 1 4 Sep 29, 2014 02:28PM
Theories 72 165 Sep 24, 2014 10:33AM
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • Alliance (The Paladin Prophecy, #2)
  • BZRK: Reloaded (BZRK, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)
  • Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2)
  • Black Friday (Aramov, #3)
  • Shutdown (Glitch, #3)
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2)
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.
More about Pittacus Lore...

Lorien Legacies (7 books)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies, #6)
  • Untitled (Lorien Legacies, #7)
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5) Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)

“Nine lies on his back, groaning. His chest is shredded from where Eight slashed him, he’s got a fresh black eye, and I think I notice a trickle of blood from where I struck him with his staff. Suddenly, his groans turn to laughter.
“That was awesome!” Nine hollers.”
42 likes
“If I ever see you again, you traitorous bastard, I'll take out the other fucking eye!” 39 likes