Perfectly Correct

Perfectly Correct

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A wickedly witty tale of modern manners, happily suggesting that PC is not the only way to be. Dr Louise Case has the right career, the right country cottage and a commitment-free relationship with a fellow academic. According to contemporary codes, it's all very correct -- except that Louise begins to suspect that it's far from perfect. Then along comes Rose, eighty if sh...more
Hardcover
Published January 1st 1996 by HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS LTD

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Correct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Correct

Val
I most associate this author with historical works so this book really surprised me. It is nothing like the very popular historic novels by Gregory. I borrowed the book from the library and started reading it thinking that it was another rather indulgent story about university lecturers and their lives, dropping in rather pretentious 'in jokes'. However I am glad I persevered with it as it is a nice story. I enjoyed the ending of the book.

It is quite a witty tale of modern manners, happily sugge...more
Jo
This is another of her contemporary novels, which are completely different to her better known historical fiction. This one is about a politically correct lecturer at a Southern English university who lives in a country cottage inherited from her aunt, and has maintained an affair with her best friend's husband for years. An old gypsy woman turns up in her van, camps in her paddock and starts causing chaos, and she starts noticing that the farmer next door is quite attractive. I liked the gentle...more
Kate Millin
Dr Louise Case is a feminist in a ménage a trois with her best friends husband as a lover until she decides change her life
Hannah
I first read this when I was a teenager and loved it, it made me want to become an English lit lecturer and marry a farmer. I haven't read it for years (and I never took up lecturing or marrying farmers) but it popped up when I was looking for a little comfort reading. Okay, so it can be a bit too cosy and twee at times, however, it still made me smile and I think it's aged well considering it was written in the mid 90s. No comment about its feminist credentials, it's chick lit, so I'll take it...more
Aunty Janet
I was very surprised by this book as it is nothing like the very popular historic novels by this author.
I started reading it thinking that it was another rather indulgent story about university lecturers and their carryings on, dropping in rather pretentious 'in jokes', however I'm glad I persevered with it as it is a nice story. I enjoyed the book in the end.
oOSarahOo
I picked up this book at random without reading the back cover (I was feeling adventurous!) but I definitely shouldn't have... I've never been much of a chick lit fan which probably explains why I didn't enjoy this read and I suppose people who do enjoy this type of litterature would find this a pretty good read.
Jirinka (sony08)
6/10 - so far the weakest of all Phillipa's books I have read. After loving The Little House I thought this would be really good too but I thought it lacked imagination and the story was all too predictable. Still it was an easy read hence the three stars.
Elizabeth Moffat
An ok book nothing amazing like her historical fiction, enjoyed the ending. Bit weird in places and wouldn't ordinarily read this kind of book exceptfir the fact it was philippa!
Philippa
Not as good as The Little House, but a good enjoyable read nonetheless! I did find myself gasping at the antics of that cad Toby a few times ;)
Norah
Jul 08, 2012 Norah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Norah by: Bookcrosser 'SirRoy'
This was a really good read, well written I thought, taking a sideways look at the Womens' Liberation Movement and its philosophy.
Kelly
If you take this book for what it is, a politically incorrect satire about feminism, it is actually quite amusing.
Jan Parker
Chaotic, wicked and witty! I'm so glad that everything turns our alright in the end!
Chrissi
It's an okay book really. Nothing particularly special, but easy to read.
Erin
not like her other books at all, but pretty steamy
Shannon
not a bad book just not what I expected.
Fiona
Another I just couldn't get into !
Shurooq
Girly
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Louise Dubord
Louise Dubord marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Longstockinggirl
Longstockinggirl marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Deessedivinee
Deessedivinee marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Thomasgem
Thomasgem marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Mary Fetzer
Mary Fetzer marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Alixandra Van Garrett
Alixandra Van Garrett marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Bailee
Bailee marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Pascale
Pascale marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
  • Devil Water
  • Weekend Wodehouse
  • Francesca's Kitchen
  • Nobody's Child
  • Blue Genes (Kate Brannigan, #5)
  • Harry's Game
  • Behind The Red Doors (Santori Stories #1)
  • Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)
  • The Sands Of Sakkara
  • He Loves Me!: Learning to Live in the Father's Affection
  • Holly Would Dream
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
Philippa Gregory was an established historian and writer when she discovered her interest in the Tudor period and wrote the novel The Other Boleyn Girl, which was made into a TV drama and a major film. Published in 2009, the bestselling The White Queen, the story of Elizabeth Woodville, ushered in a new series involving The Cousins’ War (now known as The War of the Roses) and a new era for the acc...more
More about Philippa Gregory...
The Other Boleyn Girl (The Tudor Court, #2) The Constant Princess (The Tudor Court, #1) The White Queen (The Cousins' War, #1) The Queen's Fool (The Tudor Court, #4) The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)