Love Is The Beginning (Valerie Dearborn, #0.5)

Love Is The Beginning (Valerie Dearborn 0.5)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This was the beginning to Love is Darkness until the eleventh hour. For me, this scene has always been where the book started and how I envisioned the characters being introduced.

So why did it get taken out? Because it is Jack's story, and the Valerie Dearborn Series is about Valerie. It’s the story of her life and her journey, with Jack and Co. along for the ride. This sc...more
Published August 24th 2012 by Host of the Hills

Novels On The Run
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

This is a great little back story into 13 yr old Jack and the night his family got wiped out.

Val is almost heartachingly blaise about what her father does, at the age of 10 yrs old. Picking through belongings, like it is such a natural every day thing.

In this small novella, I really felt Jack's loss. His family were loving and tight. His life destroyed. You can see where this anger and revenge has stemmed from. How he could choose no other life but to join Nate in his vengean...more
Amanda
This was a very short story about how Val and Jack met. I read that this was going to be the first chapter of Love is Darkness and I think it would've been a great first chapter. I'm not sure why the author decided to cut it? I think it had something to do with this story being more focused on Jack and that Love is Darkness is about Val but I wouldn't have cut this... This story was a great way to introduce you to the characters even Marion & Lucas. Im glad I read it but wish I'd read it bef...more
Krissy P (Kris)
Good novella about the death of Jack's parents, his first encounter with Marion and how he met Nate and Valerie.
Michelle  novelsontherun

In this small novella, I really felt Jack's loss. His family were loving and tight. His life destroyed. You can see where this anger and revenge has stemmed from. How he could choose no other life but to join Nate in his vengeance.

Val was almost...more
Steph
Love is the Beginning is a super short snippet removed from Love is Darkness and offered to the readers as a way to understand the fury and passion behind Jack's desire for revenge. I always liked Jack and this short only reinforced my opinion of him.

Fans of the trilogy will have to decide if they want to pay 99¢ for a peek into his past or not. I'm not sorry I did, but think it would've fit well as the trilogy opener even if "it is Jack's story, and the Valerie Dearborn Series is about Valerie...more
Paula
Just a short story on how Jack became a vampire hunter and ended up living with Val and her father, Nate
Tiki
This is an important piece to the puzzle for this trilogy..... I read the first 3 chapters in book one, before I realized this short was available. I stopped bk1 and read this...SO glad I did. It's really important in order to understand Jack.... This tells his tragic story when he was 13, and the event that happens when he meets 10yr old Val and became part of her family.
Rosamaria
Love is the Beginning is Jack's story, it tells you how his family die and how he met Valerie and her Dad and the moment he decided to become a part of their family. Even though this is a short story it was great to read it because it gives you the opportunity to learn more about Jack and the background story of Jack and Valerie's relationship.
Kim Chappell
This is a great short story. It tells you everything most wanted to know about how Jack's parents died. We all knew Marion was responsible, but didn't know the details. It was great to know about Jack and his parents, but to know why he ended up with Nate and Val.

Lisa
This book was heartbreaking.I really loved learning why Jack wants revenge so much that he can't think of anything else.It immediately pulled me in and reminded me why I love this series so much!
Jessica
Quick little story to give some background on why Jack is the way he is and when he first met Val. Overall, it was pretty good. Just really short.
Cheryl
I wish I could have read this BEFORE the Valerie Dearborn books. It gives a good perspective on why Jack is the way he is.

Toni ~married to a hunk~
I loved this book. It gave me more insight into Jack and to why he is so screwed up towards vampires. :-)
Jenn Green
Well, at least we get a glimpse into why Jack is the way he is & 10yr old Valerie was a trip =)
Michelle Cummings
I liked this peak at Jack's life prior to his joining Valerie's family.
Marie
This story was ok, but didn't add a whole lot to the series.
Lindsay
Liked the interaction as children, definately worth the read!
Alicia Giglio
Alicia Giglio marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jourdain
Jourdain marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Katiria Figueroa
Katiria Figueroa marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Zoey
Zoey marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Janessa
Janessa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Gloworm
Gloworm marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • Quick Bites: A Short Story Collection (Jaz Parks, #4.6)
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Vampire, Vampire
  • Kiss of a Star (Artemis Lupine, #2)
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • The Call (Time Masters, #1)
  • Exhibition (The Plume #5)
  • The Grimm Diaries Prequels volume 15 - 18: Snow White Black Swan, The Pumpkin Piper, Prince of Puppets, The Sleeping Swan
  • Love's Vengeance
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • Unattainable (Affliction, #2)
  • Forever in Darkness (Order of the Blade, #4) (novella)
  • Haunted
  • Bo (Blood Like Poison, #4)
  • Hit the Road Jack (Vamp Chronicles, #3)
  • Hot For Teacher (Jane Porter, #4)
  • Delilah's Downfall (Texas Temptations, #2)
  • The Ring of Five (The Ring of Five Trilogy, #1)
Caroline Hanson grew up in California and moved to London in order to dance and go to pubs. Eventually, she matured enough to marry and imported an Englishman, returning to the United States.

After passing the bar, she had two children and now tries to parent, read, write and play tennis. She's heard rumors that other mothers clean and cook but is putting in serious effort to make sure those rumors...more
More about Caroline Hanson...
Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn, #1) Love is Fear (Valerie Dearborn, #2) Bewitching the Werewolf Love Is Mortal (Valerie Dearborn, #3) The Valerie Dearborn Trilogy (Valerie Dearborn, #1-3)