Start by marking “Stop Kissing Me!” as Want to Read:
Stop Kissing Me!

Stop Kissing Me! (Ethan Long's Duck)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In this hilarious sound chip book, a pet poodle is disgusted when the duck gives her a friendly kiss. Despite her pleas for him to stop, the duck keeps the kisses coming, until the poodle decides to give the duck a taste of his own medicine. With a kissing sound chip that makes the sound of a big smackaroo, this animal pair will provide endless giggles for kids and adults ...more
Published August 1st 2007 by LB Kids (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Stop Kissing Me!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop Kissing Me!

Thomas Tutt
I wish I could give negative stars. It's hard for me to imagine a less appropriate book for kids to read, particularly in the light of recent events. This book sends the message that unwanted affection is a laughing matter, and that someone can keep offering unwanted affection after consent is denied and face no consequences. It teaches that the recipient of unwanted affection is the one responsible for stopping the action, not that no such unwanted affection should be offered in the first place ...more
Samantha
Super cute read aloud featuring a pink poodle and a duck so overcome with love for her that he keeps kissing her despite her protests. I love the kiss button. Recommended for PreK-2.
Rebecca
Heh heh. If you've read Duck's Not Afraid of the Dark, you know that Ethan Long's crazy duck is great for readalouds. Though I don't always agree with book gimmicks in general (added bells and whistles), the lightswitch in that book is a winner, and so is this book's button that you press for a prolonged kissing sound. This would be hilarious to read with a little one who you could repeatedly smooch with great gusto. Would be interesting paired with Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus in terms of ...more
Heidi
The kindergartners that I read this book to loved it. The juicy kisses both illustrated and auditory made the kids giggle. While there isn't much character development or plot here, it makes for a fun read and could lead to discussions on appropriate displays of affection and the importance of respecting other people's boundaries. But mostly the book is just silly and fun.
chbyoungreaders Changing Hands Bookstore Kids Team
This book, complete with kissing noises, is a story about what happens when someone loves you a lot. After being covered in kisses, the pink poodle learns a lesson that she didn’t expect about being adored. This sweet story reminds us to appreciate those kisses… and to remember to give them back!
Erin
The best thing about this book is the the button on the top that when pushed, a long drawn out kissing noise is heard. This is the book I take when I go grocery shopping so that the little guy is amused. Of course, I get really strange looks whenever the little guy presses the button.
Vivian
Valentines is about KISSING, so we offered this dramatic "sound button" book as our next story. One performer was the poodle and one performer was the duck. The children loved making loud, l o n g, sloppy kissing sounds on the kissing pages. Very fun for all.
Crystal
Pucker up! The duck wants a kiss! Ummmm...no. This is a great interactive book, with a button to make great kissing noises for the duck. A great read for little ones.
Megan
Big hit at storytime (works well around Valentine's) and fun to keep making the obnoxious kissing noises with the kids while pushing the kiss button at the top of the book.
Beth
Such a cute story to read aloud to your little one. Love the sound effect button and the illustrations are adorable.
Kelli
Funny and quirky, has a press-button to make a kiss noise that will be sure to delight. Great for silliness.
Natalie
This book is fun to ham it with with making big ole smacking smooching sounds. Every pre-teen boys fav. (not)
Maggie
I absolutely loved this book! This is the greatest children's book ever!!
Shelly H
For my Sayge.... She loves it.... Kiss sounds.
Katie
Love the "smoooching" sound effect button!
Nandini
Nandini marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Denis A.
Denis A. marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Richelle
Richelle marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013