Start by marking “The Waiting Tide” as Want to Read:
The Waiting Tide

The Waiting Tide

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Coming fall of 2013, a book written as a tribute to Pablo Neruda's The Captain's Verses: The Waiting Tide by Ryan W. Bradley. Presented in both English and Spanish. Ryan is an American poet and artist hailing from the great state of Oregon.

"The Waiting Tide is a love letter paying homage to Neruda, to the flow of tides and language. Ryan W. Bradley’s sensual language washe
Published September 10th 2013 by Concepción Books (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Waiting Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Waiting Tide

Victor Giron
It's beautiful and I'm publishing it.
Dena Rash Guzman
Each poem in this book is a little building using its door as a mouth to invite you to come inside, and its windows as eyes to look at you, and you go inside and then the poem is a city, or maybe a whole country, but in a very subtle way. By subtle I mean, you never see the garbage trucks and no one gets a parking ticket or needs to be hungry. Also, these are little longing forests and moons and every hinge and flower is in the right place. This book was a tall order and it was filled well.
I got me a new collection of poetry from one of the coolest author/poets around. Ryan W Bradley is second only to Rod McKuen when it comes to tickling my heart and lady-parts with his words. That's right, I said it. His poetry touches me in all the most inappropriate ways and I simply cannot get enough.

This particular collection, an ode to Pablo Neruda's The Captain's Verses, contains some of the most passionate and love-drenched poetry I've read in a long, long time. Ryan, much like McKuen, has
Edward Rathke
This is a truly beautiful collection. The language, the imagery, the love--it's all so powerful and just right.

Definitely recommended, especially if you have some love to share but none of the words to capture it. Even my girlfriend loved what she read, and she usually ignores most of the books I shove at her.
Apr 06, 2015 Sandra rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sandra by: TNBBC
Bradley has the ability to put into words feelings and sensations I was sure it was not possible to name.
Love overwhelms everything in its path.

More -
As always I find myself deeply moved by Ryan's poetry. This collection did echo something of Naruda but let Ryan shine in his style also. Some of my favorites were Page 31 (not titled) , This Inspiration, This Swelling in My Ribs For you, Night Swimming, Magnetic North, Kississippi, Page 127 (no title).
I won this in a Goodreads giveaway, and I must say I was surprised to win. When I got the book I loved the cover work. I still do. The poetry wasn't what I expected, but it was still fantastic. If you like poetry, then you should read this.
N I marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Iris marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Lixian marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Dean marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Diane Cambern
Diane Cambern marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Jerry Mccalpin
Jerry Mccalpin marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
C marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Christopher Novas
Christopher Novas marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Jen Squire
Jen Squire marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
  • This Jealous Earth
  • Kill Manual
  • An Age of Madness
  • Fram
Ryan W. Bradley has pumped gas, changed oil, painted houses, swept the floor of a mechanic's shop, worked on a construction crew in the Arctic Circle, fronted a punk band, and managed an independent children's bookstore. He now designs book covers and works in marketing for an audiobook publisher. He received his MFA from Pacific University and has been published widely online and in print.

He is t
More about Ryan W. Bradley...
Winterswim Prize Winners Code for Failure Mile Zero You are Jaguar