Start by marking “Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)

Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  62,787 Ratings  ·  2,808 Reviews
Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her th ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 208 pages
Published August 25th 2012 by Raine Miller Romance (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Naked, please sign up.

"That's All" Ash
Jun 23, 2013 "That's All" Ash rated it it was ok
Shelves: ehh, not-great
I’ve been ruined.

And it’s all thanks to E.L. James, Sylvia Day, and R.K. Lilley.

You ladies ruined me with your Christian Gray, James Cavendish, and Gideon Cross.

photo sad_face.gif

Because now when I come across Ethan something-or-other… I can’t even remember his last name after just finishing this book.

*AND IT’S IN THE FREAKING TITLE!*

photo anger.gif

___________________________________________

I’m pretty sure the author went by the standard “This should make your erotic book successful” checklist:

Sex against the wall: Check.
Ob
Perceptive
Dear authors,

If you absolutely MUST set a book in London, then for the love of everything that is holy at least visit the city. Or find a beta reader who is a Londoner.

Because I'm barely into the book and:
1) The heroine remarks with surprise that the London streets are crowded for a weeknight. Dear Raine, London streets are ALWAYS crowded. I have the bruises to prove it.

2) The hero buys the heroine Advil. Advil is not sold in the UK. (Editing to add: Before you feel the need to tell me I am wron
~ Becs ~
So this is another Fifty Shades/Bared to You style first novel in a trilogy but it’s a really good one. The style is very engaging, the characters bounce vividly to life right from the get go and it’s set in London in the run up to the 2012 Olympics – what’s not to love?

I think, as you’re reading the novel, it pays to remember the prologue – it’s very short and easy to forget when you’re caught up in the story but it’s VERY IMPORTANT!!

Brynne is our heroine – an American grad student studying in
Aestas Book Blog
May 03, 2013 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it

Yup. I’m an Ethan Blackstone fan now!

Fans of Fifty Shades and Crossfire should definitely check this series out!

Naked is a quick, sizzling read. It’s hot, passionate and erotic – but in a tasteful way. The writing style is engaging, the story progresses quickly and while there is a cliffhanger, the second book is currently available so you can go straight on to it once you’re done with this one :)

I was intrigued from the first paragraph and by the end of the prologue, I was hooked. I’ve incl
Brit
Oct 10, 2012 Brit rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
What. Was. That?

I get that this is a novella but serious? Put some effort into it.

This was me about 15% in

But I figured it was only 100-some pages so I might as well see what was going to happen.

Well. It was basically all the naughty words you could think of mixed in with NO plot. Serious. I tried to find it.

And then the end. Serious?

I just don’t care enough to find out what might happen in the sequel.

Brittni
Mar 10, 2013 Brittni rated it did not like it
What The Hell Was That?!?!?!

photo dontlikeit_zps44c2fc78.gif

I don't know what it is about this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I felt like everything developed way too fast. I had no emotional connection with the characters. The author literally tells you what to feel instead of actually making you feel that way.

You know when you start reading a book and you actually feel like you're falling in love along with the characters!?!? …. Ummm yeah, I didn’t get any of those feelings at all with this book except extreme bored
Lisa
Dec 03, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
4 Very Steamy Stars

Naked is the first book in the planned The Blackstone Affair trilogy by Raine Miller. Despite the fact that it is a mere 115 pages....it is 115 pages of the beginnings of a great story. I was hooked right from the beginning. I’m not ashamed to admit that that reason I was immediately hooked was because of Mr. Ethan Blackstone. *FANS SELF*

description

"That picture changed everything. I was not the same after I saw it and I couldn’t go back to the man I’d been before seeing it either. Not
Karla
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Quivering Stars!! I'm in love with Ethan Blackstone!! I can see the comparisons coming already, but I don't care, I LOVED this book!! I reiterate, you can't help that books are going to have similar underlying themes, but how the story plays out, the way characters are portrayed and the skill of the author's writing, is what differentiates them and sets them apart. This one shoots straight to the top!!

"That picture changed everything. I was not the s
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo MillerNaked1TitlebySueBee_zpsc5f199f1.jpg
 photo mogulBubtsb_zps03164f5b.gif
! Naked, book 1 of 4. The Ethan Blackstone, larger-than-life, handsome, rich playboy and security expert extraordinaire sets out to protect his American girl in a suspenseful and deadly high-stakes political game!

“That picture changed everything. I was not the same after I saw it and I couldn’t go back to the man I’d been before seeing it either. Not after we met that night on the street. My whole world altered because of a photograph. A photograph of my beautiful American girl.”

The Blac
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Nov 09, 2012 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
4.5 SIZZLING ETHAN STARS

"Open your eyes" he told me. I lifted them to see Ethan's face a mere inch away, his blue eyes burning hot with lust."
"I'm not your girl, Ethan."
"You were during that kiss Brynne." Eyes flickering, he read me, and then he inhaled. I was a damp mess between my legs and I wondered if he could smell me. "You smell so good....and f*cking sexy."

This book...OMG! Wow...It was surprisingly fantastic. It was sexy, hot and just plain steamy but there was a plot. It wasn't just se
Leanne
Nov 30, 2012 Leanne rated it really liked it
Meet Ethan Blackstone...

description

Do I have your attention yet?

He tilted his head and spoke softly. “I want to be with you so badly right now. I want to take you home with me, and put you in my bed and have hours and hours with your body wrapped up in mine to do with as I wish. I want to have you there in the morning so when we wake up I can make you come, saying my name. I want to drive you to work and pick you up when it’s time to leave. I want to go to the shops with you and buy food we can cook for d
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Naked - 4 's (spell ckd)

It all started with a picture. Ethan Blackstone was asked as a favor to watch over Brynne by her Dad. Ethan wasn't going to do it but then he saw her picture and he just couldn't resist.

I just have to say upfront that I loved Ethan's vulnerability. Granted he's too dominant and too forward but I love all his reactions to all things Brynne. It was so refreshing!

description

Both Brynne and Ethan have had tragic events happen in their pasts and as with any new relationship, they will s
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
3.5 to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance/Erotica
Serie: Part #1 in the Blackstone

'I stood there after the door closed, my body still humming from the orgasm, my ripped underwear up around my waist, the warm trickle of semen starting to flow down my thigh and listened. The rap of footsteps following his retreat was not to my liking. Not one bit.' -Brynne in Naked

Brynne is a twenty four year old American art student and has been living in London the past four years. She atte
Natalie
Sep 25, 2012 Natalie rated it it was ok
So I desperately wanted to like this book after all the amazing reviews and even a 4.11 on Good Reads. It was compared to 50 shades and Bared to you but I am beginning to think I am not reading the same book that all the reviewers read...AT ALL! I think people see the word safe word and that is all it takes to have a 50 shades and Bared to you competitor (Mind you Bared to you is my fav over 50 shades). The main character is of course broken from what we still don't know but it is leaning toward ...more
Marulett
I was going to wait until book two was out due to the heartbreaking cliffhanger, but after doing a little research reading other reviews and entering in the authors webpage I was really intrigued.

And of course, after finding out that David Gandy was the inspiration for Ethan I couldnt help myself and picked the book right away.

Ethan....*sigh*

I was hooked after the first chapter, and the story totally captivated me. They meet and click right away, but a little too fast for my taste, I would have
Duchess Nicole
All right, all right. I caved. I keep skipping over the "rich man, poor little innocent girl" books because they all started running together after awhile. But it's been a couple of months since I've picked one up, and the cover of this one kept STARING at me. Admit it...it's eye catching.

And the book is all in good erotic, American girl fantasy. We American ladies love a sexy British accent...refined and elegant and chivalrous...(it really just makes us want to drop our panties). This book deli
 ♥  Barb ♥
*^*4 Hot/Juicy ETHAN*^*stars

"I want the real thing. I want you underneath me."

YOU. ARE. MINE.

The story starts out with Brynne, part-time model/art student meeting Ethan Blackstone after he buys her nude portrait. His dominant nature captivates Brynne despite the demons she carries inside her. She's broken and doesn't think Ethan will want her after he finds out the truth. Will this relationship survive??? This book has it all.... SECRETS, LOVE, PASSION, HEARTACHE, TRUST...stay tuned as this con
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean❤️Liam❤️Beck❤️ and Archer❤️❤️
*****4.5 I Heart Ethan Blackstone STARS*****

I've had this series on my TBR for quite some time.
All I can say is I feel like kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book!!
Any story that has David Gandy as the muse for the leading male character, is a book I'm more than likely going to LOVE!!!!
I pretty much had to wipe the drool from my mouth the entire time I read this book, as I had very vivid pictures of Gandy in my mind!! YUMMY!!!

photo a6cb486c5abe39772841d02bbf4a7837_zpsf10e5a27.jpg

Brynne Bennett is a young American woman, living in Lon
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Oct 15, 2012 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every female who has blood in her veins!

devoured
past participle, past tense of de·vour (Verb)
Verb:

1. Eat (food or prey) hungrily or quickly.
2.(of fire, disease, or other forces) Consume (someone or something) destructively.

That is EXACTLY what I did with this Novella.

I was hooked from the prologue! which by the way is VERY IMPORTANT, so don't forget it.

This was just the right amount of well EVERYTHING

high steam factor ! <--Sex scenes off the charts!!
Chemistry.. Check

“Brynne, I'm looking because I can't keep my eyes off yo
Wendy
Sep 05, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, erotica
Brynne Bennett an American Grad student studying in London, does some stylish nude modelling to supplement her income. These tasteful works of art is purchased by the stylish ex British Special Forces and now security head honcho of his own security firm, Ethan Blackstone. Ethan has to know her and makes his mind up that they definitely need to get together.

Ethan - how I loved Ethan! As I was told by my friend Karla, supposedly Raine Miller has used David Gandy to model him on. Well let me tell
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Love it
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smoking
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: A book that’s hard to put down
Characters: Well done
Plot: One heart, one compelling man and danger. A sexy mix.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Of course
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Ethan

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Loved this book. Two complaints, it was short and straddled a line of insta love. Yet, I found it compelling and well worth the price paid. The author knew how to make a full story in a short period.
Amy
Sep 12, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2readseries

Originally posted at http://www.fictionvixen.com/review-na...

I have admitted on more than one occasion that I am a cover whore. I have purchased my share of books due to an amazing cover and had both success and failure as a result. Naked is no exception. Combine the gorgeous cover with a handsome British hero that will pay whatever price for a nude portrait of the heroine and I was sold. Now granted the synopsis had me immediately thinking Bared/50 knock off (both books of which I did not care
Cat
Oct 09, 2012 Cat rated it did not like it
I don't know what it was about this book, but I just couldn't get into it. You know when you read a book and you feel like your falling in love/lust along with them? Yeah, I got nothing with 'Naked'. Except bored.
Mo
May 27, 2013 Mo rated it it was ok
I gave this a quick re-read as I was going to start the next in the series.... bit of a waste of time. Very short book - did not really do it for me. Not sure now if I will read the next one.
Nia
Oct 11, 2012 Nia rated it it was amazing
Yes! Yes! Yes! I absolutely L.O.V.E.D. Naked (The Blackstone Affair Part 1). Hot, rich, dominant alpha male Ethan meets beautiful and secretive Brynne. Their sex scenes are steamy with just enough dominance to make my pupils dialate! The story is well written, great suspense at the end and you will definitely connect with the characters.

I am anxiously awaiting for Part 2 after reading the sneak peek in the back of the book. If you liked Fifty Shades, the Crossfire series, On Dublin Street, If I
Tough Critic Book Reviews
This could have been so good, incredible even. It had the content, but the pacing! Oh sweet baby Jesus the pacing. It was like a book of highlights cutting out everything in between; very poor execution. I also found the dialogue between Ethan and Brynne very forced and choppy. It didn't flow naturally like a conversation should. I felt like I was reading it instead of experiencing it. One thing I will say though...there was some definite pantie dropping hotness between these rushed pages. A few ...more
MELISSA
Nov 01, 2013 MELISSA rated it really liked it
So I thought David Gandy was just my Gabriel Emerson, but it turns out he is also my Ethan Blackstone! :) Devoured this book in one day! It was excellent & super steamy! Starting right now on All In! :)

photo 600full-david-gandy.jpg
Wow....how to describe this book. I would have to say that it reminded me of a mix of 50 shades of grey and bared to you. The similarities is just because of the Dominant/submissive aspect. Of Course there is a rich man who is after a shy girl. Both Ethan and Brynne were wonderful together, of course they both have their issues, which we don't find out about in this book. I really liked Ethan he made me melt. The sex in this book was so steamy!!!! I was glad I read this book, even though it is o ...more
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It's a bloody cliff hanger.......right well I know what I'm reading next!!,
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Feb 20, 2014 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it really liked it
Just about 4 Stars of hot, hot, hot Ethan Blackstone!!

You.
Are.
Mine.

Let me tell you about this delicious man; he is exceptional book boyfriend material!!
"He’s way too beautiful to have to resort to his hand for an orgasm.”
“……..the guy oozed hotness......”

“Ethan was tight with muscles and washboard abs that melted into the most erotic V-cut I’d ever seen on a man.”
Oh yes!!! Ladies he is ripped!! Nevermind the story, it’s all about Mr Ethan Blackstone, his yummy mouth, his charisma, h
Should i read this book ? 16 182 Mar 10, 2015 07:43PM
Alpha Males/Books like this 19 295 Oct 18, 2013 08:56PM
Erotic Romance what ti read next? Help!!!! 20 446 Aug 04, 2013 02:45PM
Re-reading books to feel better 4 97 Mar 16, 2013 11:58AM
Naked 1 78 Jan 22, 2013 02:07PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: November BOM ~ Naked 75 454 Nov 30, 2012 05:50AM
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Disastrous (Disastrous, #1)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
  • Devoured (Devoured, #1)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • Seeing Red (Seeing Red, #1)
  • The Berkeley Method (Spotlight, #2)
  • Wicked Burn
  • Broken Hart (The Hart Family, #1)
  • Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)
  • Take Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #3)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • This Man (This Man, #1)
  • Being Me (Inside Out, #2)
  • The Proposal (The Proposition, #2)
Raine Miller has been reading romance novels since she picked up that first Barbara Cartland book at the tender age of thirteen. And it's a safe bet she'll never stop, because now she writes them too! Granted Raine's stories are edgy enough to turn Ms. Cartland in her grave, but to her way of thinking, a hot, sexy hero never goes out of fashion. A former teacher, she's now writing sexy romance sto ...more
More about Raine Miller...

The Blackstone Affair (4 books)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)
  • Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)

“‎Only a bastard would want to take her to bed and get her naked right now. Ergo, I was such a dirty bastard." --Ethan” 128 likes
“Brynne, I'm looking because I can't keep my eyes off you. I want to be in you. I want to fuck you so badly I can hardly drive the damn car right now. I want to come inside you and then do it again. I want your sweet cunt wrapped around my cock while you scream my name because I made you come. I want to keep you with me all fucking night long so I can take you over and over again and you don't remember anything else but me.” 102 likes