Start by marking “Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)

Radiant (Unearthly #2.5)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  6,882 Ratings  ·  607 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Hand comes a riveting original novella (available only as an ebook) set in the world of the Unearthly series.

Clara is desperate to get away—from the memories that haunt her in Wyoming and the visions of a future she isn't ready to face—and spending the summer in Italy with her best friend, Angela, should be the perfect escape.
Published December 4th 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Radiant, please sign up.

Nazli Boundless is the next book but there is also a novella after hallowed that is about the trip to Italy but Boundless still makes sense without it so…moreBoundless is the next book but there is also a novella after hallowed that is about the trip to Italy but Boundless still makes sense without it so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.(less)

Cynthia Hand
Oct 24, 2012 Cynthia Hand rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As always, got to rate a five for my own book. And it's pretty dear to my heart. Love writing Angela.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Originally posted onYA Fanatic.

I'm torn between giving 4 or 5 stars. I loved it so much. First Destroy Me and now Radiant! You people are trying to kill me! I want,I need Unravel Me and Boundless. Since Unravel Me is pre-ordered I only need to find some money to get Boundless too. Tucker and Warner! All I need to say to you is

description

*clears throat*

This is mostly Angela’s story but we also have Clara’s POV. We get to see how they spent their summer in Italy before heading out to college. I liked Ange
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Update Note : I'm in the middle of book 3 at the moment and can finally confirm that it is not completely necessary to have read this short story before reading book 3. However, there is a huge tie-in of one particular instance which happens in Radiant with something that will take place in Boundless. The situation is explained enough in book 3 to where you can get by if you skip this story, but I liked knowing what happened in Radiant first.

Angel books are probably even worse than vampire book
Wendy Darling
So, is Angela eeeeevil or not? :D Let's hope this answers it.
♥Rachel♥
Oct 19, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Radiant was an amazing novella. A lot of times novellas can be disappointing and short, but this isn’t the case here. I highly recommend reading this before reading Boundless, as I think it will be an important piece in the story.

Don’t read this if you haven’t read Hallowed, as it would spoil major plot points.

This takes place just a few short weeks after the events in Hallowed. Clara and Angela are spending the summer in Italy, staying with Angela’s family. Clara is still heartbroken over h
Tatiana
Oct 26, 2012 Tatiana rated it liked it
Radiant, or how Angela (view spoiler) Something about this whole thing is tacky.
shady
This review is also available over at my blog.

_____________________

The first time I heard about Radiant, I was like FINALLY. Because it was about damn time we get to see what's inside Angela's head, and find out who that guy she met was and what really happened between them. So, naturally, I rushed to get this novella on the very day it came out.

Even though this was only a novella and was very short, I still enjoyed it very much. I may be biased because I'm so in love with this series, but I wou
Anatea Oroz
This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

Since we still have a little more than a month until Boundless, book #3 comes out, I was sooo happy when I found out about Radiant!
I love being back in this world! This is more Angela's story, but we also have Clara's POV. I really enjoyed Radiant because it focuses on Angela and her mystery guy *squeal*, even though I kinda missed having Tucker and Christian in here.

Angela and Clara are spending their summer in Italy before they go t
Giselle
Jan 24, 2013 Giselle rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
As this fantastic series is coming to an end, I decided I would actually go ahead and read its novellas as well--a rarity for me, which is a good sign you need to read this series if you haven't yet! Plus, I kind of don't want it to end, so I'm doing all I can to stretch it out.

A far as novellas go, Radiant was a gratifying journey into Angela's love life. Angela is a character I both adored and questioned in the previous book, thus I was excited to learn this novella would bring us into her lif
Gavin
Jun 27, 2014 Gavin rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-books
This was an enjoyable novella telling the tale of Clara and Angela's summer trip to Italy. While there Clara experiences the first of her new visions. We also get to meet Angela's mystery boy, Phen.

The Angela/Phen relationship was intriguing and definitely the best part of this novella. Phen is a fascinating character. I'm dying to learn more about him. Clara's reaction to the romance is also quite interesting.

I loved that this switched between Clara and Angela's POV. It was great to learn mor
Lisa (Fic Talk)

Angela & Clara! I need this novella in my life, like, now.

excited
Ariana
Dec 02, 2012 Ariana rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, shorty
This short story is quite confusing.
I always liked Angela (I still do) but now I am not sure about her anymore.

I liked her optimism and her pretty white wings were suposed to reflect her pure soul.
I wonder what will happen that will change things.. because I am sure that things will drastically change.
Also I didn't see all that jealousy coming, maybe because I liked her so much. Yes, she had this all mystery around her, knowing things that others didn't, pushing for finding out secrets, but st
 Athena Ivashkova ~♥~
UGH!!!!!!! Why is this only in ebook form? I demand a hardcover! :'(

Update 12/4/12:

IT SHALL BE READ TODAY!!! <3
Heidi
Dec 13, 2012 Heidi rated it liked it
Three Stars: A short novella that gives more insight into Angela.

Angela and Clara are spending the summer in Italy. For Clara, it is a chance to get away from Tucker and Christian and her grief. Angela returns to spend the summer with her Italian family, but she longs to see the one man who set her heart a fire two summers ago. Except the one who has her heart isn't a man, he is an angel and he ended up breaking her heart. Paths led back to Phen and Angela finds herself once again enamored with
Gabriela
OMG, WHAT? That was so so good! I can't wait for the last book to come out. Im really, reaaaaaaally, hoping that she ends up with Christian, because honestly guys Tucker is great but Christian is PERFECT for her. He belongs to same world than her, he understands her, and he is cute and funny. He kind of messed up a bit at first, but if it wasn't for that short summer she wouldn't have gotten involved with Tucker! *cries*

That Prologue and the first chapter of next book...

I mean, WHAT? The waitin
Katy
Jan 20, 2013 Katy rated it it was ok
I have a feeling that Phen is going to play an important role in Book 3, so it was good to be introduced to him and learn about how he found out about Clara. I think makes me not dislike him as much as Clara does.

BUT, the reason I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 3 stars is because 1) Angela infuriates me and 2) I still have leftover animosity for Clara and her decision at the end of Book 2. And the way she was brooding about it in this novella just made me want to tear her hair out - not mine sin
Sandy
Oct 25, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
Wow, I really didn't like Angela in this. She's one of THOSE friends. You know the type...the girl that's jealous of her supposed best friend and acts in petty ways to undermine her friend. I always preferred Wendy over Angela as a friend for Clara, but after reading Angela's point of view? WOW, she's a terrible friend to Clara. And the whole (view spoiler)

I'm still beyond excited for Boundless, but this lac
Marulett

This was great to ease my anxiety towards Boundless, but I think now I want book 3 even more!!

So excited!! The release date cant come soon enough!

Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I can't say enough great things about Cynthia Hand's fabulous writing, but I will say that if you're already two books deep into this series, you MUST read this novella.  Radiant is split between both Clara and Angela's (!) points-of-view, and it is done with such ease that it's almost as if you're having a conversation with the two girls.  But what you really take away from this short story is a little better insight into Angela's character, as well as the introduction of a new character who ...more
Ferdy
Dec 10, 2012 Ferdy rated it it was ok
Spoilers

I thought this novella would only be in Angela's POV, unfortunately Clara also narrated some chapters..Ugh.
Anyway, Angela and Clara are on holiday in Italy or Canada (I forgot). I was expecting the two of them to get up to all sorts but naturally they can't have some good old fashioned fun girly time or crazy mad adventure together, instead they both spend their holiday obsessed and swooning over their respective guys. Clara spent most of her holiday moaning about Tucker and how much she
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Angela and Clara are spending the summer in Italy with Angela's family. Clara has been having more visions and Angela is sneaking out to meet with a mysterious stranger.

Okay...I was really hoping to get more answers with this novella (especially about Angela) but all I'm left with is more questions!! I did like getting both Angela's and Clara's POV and I guess it did help a bit to get into what they were thinking.

Angela's mysterious stranger is quite intriguing in several different ways. I lik
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
I enjoyed being back in this world! I loved Hallowed and I didn't realize how much I really missed this series until I read this novella. The end of Hallowed left me wanting Boundless, and now that I've read Radiant I'm dying to get my hands on the last installment in this series. This isn't a story that centers on Tucker or Christian. Yes, these two are mentioned through out the story, but this storyline focuses on Clara and Angela's visit to Italy, which takes place between Hallowed and Boundl ...more
Jen at Reading Lark
Dec 08, 2012 Jen at Reading Lark rated it really liked it
Radiant is a good addition to the Unearthly series. It takes place after the events of Hallowed and bridges to the next release, Boundless. In Radiant, Clara and Angela are spending the summer in Rome, with Angela’s extended family. Clara is still very much recovering from the traumas she suffered at the end of Hallowed, and Jeffrey is nowhere to be seen. She is grieving and needs something to take her mind off her troubles.

Angela comes through with a very strange reaction to a mysterious man o
April
Nov 20, 2013 April rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Amazing. A lot of times novellas can be annoying and disappointing but it wasn't the case here. I kinda like Angela before but now I am not sure anymore.
Hetti
Jun 01, 2017 Hetti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got increasingly frustrated with Angela's stupidity regarding Phen. She acts so reckless, I agree with Clara on this one. But that's exactly what Cynthia Hand wanted us to feel! So job done I guess? Also that kiss scene was funny. And Clara talking about Tucker 😍☺ also reading it after Boundless (which I'm currently re-reading) almost makes more sense, as the poignancy of the ending will make more sense once you realise how it ties into the main story. Not completely necessary but it gives you m ...more
Michele at A Belle's Tales
Nov 16, 2012 Michele at A Belle's Tales rated it really liked it
Even though Radiant is from both Angela’s and Clara’s POVs, this short story really belongs to Angela. We learn some of her back story (which includes an interesting incident involving Christian) and a bit about her insecurities, and we finally get some details about her secret summer boyfriend, the mysterious Phen. Her loud, boisterous family is hilarious, and her Nonna gives the best advice:

“‘You must beware the handsome ones,’ she says, and makes a tsking noise with her tongue. ‘Pretty face
Lily
Radiant is so much darker than the other books of the Unearthly series, and almost seemed to me like a spin-off, if it hadn’t been for the fact that it was narrated from both Clara and Angela’s side.

The atmosphere in Radiant was distinctly different from that in Unearthly and Hallowed—it almost felt like the change of the setting resulted in the change of the entire tone and dynamic of Angela and Clara’s friendship.

As the sypnosis already gives away, we get to see a lot more of Angela’s life in
Feb 02, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
Originally posted at The Bawdy Book Blog

I figured I needed to read Radiant before I get to Boundless, because you know these authors love to include little tidbits in their novellas. I didn’t want to feel left behind!

Radiant is told in alternating first-person, between Angela and Clara. They’ve taken off for Rome for the summer after their graduation, to stay with Angela’s Italian family. Angela manages to deftly avoid questions about the Italian boy she’s been seeing during her summers there; m
Monika
Dec 20, 2012 Monika rated it liked it
“Guard your heart,” is all she says. I don’t tell her that I fell in love two years ago. Truly, madly, deeply—isn’t that how the song goes?—I fell in love. That’s what I don’t have the guts to say out loud.

~Angela on page 15.

The World: Taking place in Italy durning summer, between Hallowed and Boundless.

The Main Characters: We can expect a dual narrative. Yes, we are lucky to be in the mind of Angela. I have to admit, I have never felt sympathy for her. I always suspected her for the worst.
Elizabethbeth
Aug 03, 2015 Elizabethbeth rated it it was amazing
Не стоит откладывать книги просто из-за того, что это половинчатые части. По крайней мере эту часть точно откладывать не стоит.

Повествование ведется от Анжелы и Клары.

Так как нашего Трипла мы уже знаем как пять пальцев, с Кларой за эти три месяца ничего особенного не происходит. Она смотрит достопримечательности, страдает по Такеру, и предчувствует будущее. Ну и не забывает портить жизнь подруги, проявляя излишнюю заботу.

На этих страницах мы намного лучше начинаем понимать Анжелу. Выясняем, что
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Breathless (Firelight, #3.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Treachery (Nightshade #2.5; Nightshade World #5.5)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
Cynthia Hand is the New York Times bestselling author of the Unearthly series with HarperTeen: UNEARTHLY, HALLOWED, RADIANT (an enovella) and BOUNDLESS, and the NYT bestselling contemporary, THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE. She lives with her family in Idaho, where she teaches courses in creative writing at Boise State University. Her latest book, MY LADY JANE, (cowritten with Brodi Ashton and Jodi M ...more
More about Cynthia Hand...

Unearthly (3 books)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)

“Humans fear death so much, but there is no death,” he whispers. “There is only the illusion of it. We can never cease to be. We must stay like this. Forever.” 19 likes
“If this is foolish, I don’t want to be wise.” 17 likes