Start by marking “Fade to Black” as Want to Read:
Fade to Black

Fade to Black

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Fans of Mary Higgins Clark, Lisa Jackson, and Allison Brennan will love this thrilling novel of suspense by Wendy Corsi Staub!

Sometimes secrets can kill . . .

I know who you are. When Elizabeth Baxter reads these words, her world crashes. Five years ago, she was Hollywood superstar Mallory Eden—until a mysterious stalker turned her life into a nightmare. Now she hides in th
Published December 18th 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Fade to Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade to Black

Julie
PLEASE, PLEASE do not post who the bad guy/woman is unless you tag it with a SPOILER ALERT here on Goodreads. I've had three Staub books ruined by readers revealing who the killer is while I'm still reading the book. I do enjoy reading others' reviews to help me get a better feel for the book...just don't give away the important stuff without warning first.
Shawnee Bowlin
"Fade to Black" was entertaining. Wendy Corsi Staub wrote a winner when she chose to explore the life of a star who was stalked and lived in fear.
Elizabeth Baxter, aka Mallory Eden, became a recluse after someone began to harm her associates and send her threats. She was enthralled by a sweet little boy who also feared for his life because of his drug-addicted mother. Together they gave each other hope, until their lives were once again shaken by the things they feared most.
I can imagine any num
Zoomball
My response is to the audio version of this book, Yuck! Are the characters supposed to be this nauseating? If so, then the narrator is doing her job. I did not get very far because the details of a whiny toddler yelling "poopie" all the time was a total turn off. And the "voice" of the mother of this obnoxious child was also a turn off. i didn't stick around long enough to know if these characters were indeed as obnoxious as they sounded on the CD. If that is the case, then kudos to the narrator ...more
Louise
This was an excellent read!

From the back cover:

"No one in the sleepy village of Windmere Cove, Rhode Island knows Elizabeth Baxter. She doesn't socialize, has no friends, and when she's outside, she constantly looks over her shoulder. That's because Elizabeth's living in fear. Keeping her past a secret.

And sometimes secrets can kill...

It begins with the arrival of a pink envelope: the postmark reads Windmere Cove, and there's no return address. Elizabeth's world crashes when she reads the messa
Hannah
Trevor's grandmother had a bunch of western and mystery books at the cabin and I picked this one up. It was pretty good and made me interested in mysteries more. However, I would like to read something of a higher caliber.
Purple Iris
Too many random characters and stories. We don't need 15 possible bad guys. Horrible rendering of childpseak. Mais ça se laisse lire.
Kristin
Intresting and surprising
Nicole
Not terrible. Not great. Pretty good
Diana
Meh...SUPER predictable :/
Rita
This book was well written with a great story line; however, it was very frustrating to read because throughtout the book there were misspelled words or the wrong words, like "me" for "the" or "men" for "then" to just name two. I had to re-read sentences several times to see what the sentence was supposed to say.
Robin
I cannot believe how many books have this title. This one reads similar to Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. The beginning chapters were easy to read but not always believable. The ending was the better part of the book.

Now I am ready for a different genre of book.
Joyce
A woman moves to a small town in Rhode Island after a career in the movies, being shot by a stalker and terrified by the same stalker. She even fakes her own death to escape. Suddenly stalking begins again. A quick read and good for a slow weekend.
Rhonda Nelson
I usually love books by this author but this one was just okay. I felt like she was trying to stretch it out too much and some of it got kind of corny.
Dawn
May 05, 2009 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense book.
Recommended to Dawn by: Caught my interest in the bookstore.
Exciting suspense story. This was the first book I read by Staub & it got me hooked on her stories. I could not put this book down and read it in three days.
Raymond Fundora
Not the worst book I've read, but nothing to get excited about. I normally like Wendy Corsi Staub's books, but this one didn't do it for me.
Marianne Stehr
This is a good, quick thriller. It has a great deal of twists and turns and it is easy to keep picking new "killers" along the way
Kristen
This is a great thriller, one of her earlier ones, with plenty of romance, suspense and lots of drama. A good 3 day read.
Megan Peterson
Kind of reminded me of Nicholas sparks' safe haven but was still a great read with lots of suspense.
Katrin
Started off slow but got better fast. Never thought that Rae was behind the stalking.
Linda
Started out pretty much romantic mystery, but had a great twist in the end. Enjoyed.
Karin
Kristin says these are really good so I'm going to give this author a try.
Mimmsan
kept the suspense. didn't know who was the bad guy.
Carol
It was okay but not aas good as some of her other books.
Rock
Fun, but pretty easy to figure out.
Sara Ward
Sara Ward marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
  • In the Name of the Father
  • The Gospel of Judas: A Novel
  • Remembering Sarah
  • Daddy
  • Magic (Rainbow Chasers, #4)
  • Places in the Dark
  • The Broken Hearts Club
  • The Mother Road
  • The Dark of Day
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Cast into Doubt
  • Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kencaid, #2)
  • The Loves of Harry Dancer
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) Don't Scream All The Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)