Start by marking “Deadly (Pretty Little Liars, #14)” as Want to Read:
Deadly (Pretty Little Liars, #14)

Deadly (Pretty Little Liars #14)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,894 Ratings  ·  536 Reviews
Deadly, the fourteenth volume in Sara Shepard's YA Pretty Little Liars series, delivers more juicy scandals, dark secrets, and shocking plot twists. This #1 New York Times bestselling series is also a hit ABC Family original TV show.

High school seniors Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer have all done horrible things—things that would put them behind bars if anyone ever found
Published December 3rd 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Deadly, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Erin The show is completely different from the books. The names of the four main girls are the same, but not much else is, lol :)

Travis
Jan 10, 2013 Travis rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I'm happy there is a 14th one, these books are good and keep me interested. And I don't care if there is 20 which I hope there is, I'll read them all. these books always sell. so stop whining if u don't wanna read it which I'm sure you well then dont.!
Ashley
Jan 11, 2016 Ashley rated it did not like it
Shelves: waste-of-time, 2015
Before Reading

This is not happening.

I'm dreaming.

There can not be another one of these books.

I am dreaming. *pinches self*

How can Sara continue this strung out, dry series?

---

After Reading

How much can I endure? Why must I torture myself by reading the bullshit that this series spews out? How many times can these girls ultimately screw up to the point of no return?

If I were these girls, I would go into protective custody with either the police or a greater force, but because of the obviously cor
Brien Michaels
Like i said...they're going to be in walkers with white hair and A is still going to be stalking them. I can see it now...

"I saw you steal that apple at breakfast. I'm telling the orderlies.

-A"

Three more books coming in the series. At least. She'll be at 99 before she stops.

" Question: Do you have an end for the Liars in mind?

Answer: Right now, I'm planning to write three more books for the series and I have an idea for an end for that book in mind. After that, I'm not sure. That's the thing ab
Victoria
Jun 02, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing
To all of the people complaining about Sara writing more books, guess what? Nobody cares. If you don't like them, don't read them. I, on the other hand, can NOT wait for the 13th and 14th book to come out. Sara Shepard is a genius for writing these books and continuing to keep the story going. I have never been much into reading until I picked up this series. I personally hope there are more than just 14. Sara, keep up the good work! You still have some super stoked fans!!
Hayley
Apr 25, 2013 Hayley marked it as to-read
For those of you complaining about the complainers and saying just don't read them. We can't just quit the series, long as it may seem. It's just too long of a series. A good series, but a long one. I feel like she's milking it. THE COW IS DRY, SARA. please understand, I started this series when I was in 7th grade. I am about to be a sophomore in college now.... I've tried to stay faithful. But this series is becoming exhausting. I'm only continuing to read on because I want to see if A is who I ...more
Ciara
Dec 03, 2013 Ciara marked it as to-read
"I hate this series so much," I whisper as I click on the Want to Read button.

Seriously though, FOURTEEN BOOKS?!? *throws a table*
hayden
Mar 15, 2015 hayden marked it as how-bout-no
I've done it, you guys. It's done.

I've finally given up on the Pretty Little Liars franchise.

I have officially decided that after thirteen books, if I'm still waiting and begrudgingly handing over $17.99 a pop to see where this dumb, drawn-out series goes, it's just not worth it. I bet even Shepard herself is getting depressed over the amount of story that is missing from the series.

The eighth book definitely should've been the last one. I'm so proud of myself for finally giving up.

from the Harp
Christina Perez
Jan 17, 2013 Christina Perez rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I think this series is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I can't get enough of it . I applaud Sara Shepard for her hard work , time and dedication. She truly is an EXCELLENT writer. I honestly don't want this series to end anytime soon. And as for you guys who are complaining, if it bothers you so much , don't read it, but unlike you guys there are actually some of us dedicated fans, who dearly appreciate your work, so why the negative comments and feedback, it's unnecessary. I'd like to see half of you write ...more
Kendra
Oct 19, 2013 Kendra marked it as to-read
All these complaints about how long the series is getting is annoying. You don't have to read the books, so shut the fuck up already.
Tessa
Dec 04, 2013 Tessa marked it as to-read
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL ...more
Tony
Dec 15, 2013 Tony rated it it was amazing
Sara, the only thing that I don't like is that I have to wait until June! This book was one of the best in the series! You have done it once again and don't let anyone tell you different! The ending... the connections... EVERYTHING!
Kate ♡
Sep 27, 2015 Kate ♡ rated it really liked it
Deadly by Sara Shepard
book 14 in the Pretty Little Liars series

Let's jump right into it, shall we:
Okay, so, this book didn't really have many distinct and separate story lines for each girl, they were more moulded together, which I didn't mind at all.

The girls are in deep trouble in this 14th instalment, as A is getting nastier, and more conniving as the books go on, this time actually nailing the girls (for a while anyway)

I love how we got to find out the identity of 'helper A', and I was not e
Ciara
:| WHAT!? WHY!? In the beginning I thought it was 8 books in the series I was thinking to myself "ehh. not too bad.. A little lengthy for a series, but I can handle."

Then about sometime last year I find out there was 12 and I thought to myself "Why so long, how can someone come up with this much, I don't understand".

Then earlier today I find 2 more books added to the series....... WHY MUST YOU MAKE SO MUCH? STOP, NOW! FOR THE SAKE OF THE FANS PLEASE JUST STOP!!!!!!! NO MORE PLEASE.. Sara Shepar
Just Me
Mar 13, 2013 Just Me marked it as other
1.) They changed the name from "Betrayed" to "Deadly."

*sigh*
I will never get a "Diabolical" in this series, will I?

2.) They claim this is the last book. They said that with Book 8, as well. Fourteen is a weird number to end on, and I doubt this popular series will end there, so maybe I will get "Diabolical" at some point?

Edit:

This was written before "Toxic" was announced. Obviously there are more books on the horizon, but I don't feel like deleting this commentary right now. :-)
Joy
Jun 16, 2013 Joy rated it it was amazing
Although i hope this is the last one and this series has more books then necessary i can't deny my love for how the books are written and how Sara writes them.
Yes there has been too many and it should come to an end but quit over complaining about it when you are going to buy the next one, if you don't like it as much as you claim stop BUYING them stop searching them up just finish with them,it's unfair on the people who do enjoy these books and it's ruined by hateful comments on it all the tim
Britt☮
Dec 10, 2013 Britt☮ rated it really liked it
Let's play a game of "believable or unbelievable," shall we? (SPOILERS AHEAD)

The Liars are prime suspects in the murder of Tabitha Clark, so they're banned from school and have to take their finals at home. Believable.

The school allows Mike—not just another student, but Hanna's boyfriend—to be Hanna's proctor, trusting him to administer and time her calculus exam. (And presumably, not spend the allotted two hours making out or watching TV or whatever teenagers do.) Unbelievable.

The school holds
Aly Grande
Dec 03, 2013 Aly Grande rated it it was amazing
**spoilers**

Oh my GOD!!!!

For one thing, I'm extremely proud of myself because my theory was correct! As I said in my review of Crushed back in June, I predicted that Nick Maxwell/Tripp (Ali's boyfriend from the Reserve, who also pretended to be Courtney's boyfriend as a request from Ali) was Helper A. And who knew? He is...well, was.

The ending to this book is absolutely fantastic. It wrapped up so much. I was actually starting to feel hopeless myself as I got deeper into the book and into the gi
Elsa
Dec 07, 2013 Elsa rated it liked it
Warning: will contain spoilers.

I was really hoping that the story would wrap up this book. And for a while there, it did seem likely. At the very last possible second, the A team would be caught, the police/FBI notified, the girls would go on talk shows and have another movie made about them and spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders.
Alas, that was not the case.
First off, the plot. Some of the elements are quite ridiculous: Emily’s relationship with Jordan (really? She just
Dec 05, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Listen, guys. I know we're all a little edgy here. It's understandable. We've been standing by and watching year after year, as something we are largely invested in dies a slow, agonizing death. We all feel it. This series should have have ended at number 8. That would have been dignified. At the very least, loose ends should have been tied up in 12, since we had come to believe in the 4 book story arc formula. That would have made sense.

Forget that the line between 'allowing-unrealistic-plots-
Connor
Feb 20, 2013 Connor rated it liked it
Shelves:
Okay, I loved this series when it first started out. But now that it's going to have a 14th book, it's a bit ridiculous. Sara Shepherd just needs to finally end it all. I quit reading The Lying Game because of how stupid they were getting and to be honest, Pretty Little Liars crossed that line a while back. Sure, most people would be like "Stop reading them", but I just want to know who A is and complete the series. If another one is released after this one I'm 500% done.
Geraldine O'Hagan
Mar 24, 2015 Geraldine O'Hagan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Romance Bookie
Feb 11, 2013 The Romance Bookie marked it as to-read
WHY can't they just end??? Seriously! I thought it was supposed to end with #5 or something, and then it got changed to #8, and then #13, and NOW there is a #14??

Please, just tell us what happens!!! I've been sticking around since my sophomore year of high school, which was 7 years ago almost! Seriously, let it end!!
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing of course! I love this series so much :)
Anushka
After:

What shit was this. Anyway just two more to go! *hopefully* I can make it.

Before:

Please tell me this one is really the last book in the series? For real this time?
Rachel
Dec 04, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
"I believe you. I always believe you." pg. 298

Oh how much I love the person who said that line.

This is a first book in ever that I finished so quickly. It just was so exciting and huge problems for the girls.
This was the best PLL book since Wanted. I liked everything Melissa did and the exciting course of the story.

The last chapter was amazing! I cannot help but feel sorry for Nick, even though he is a crazy, deadly killer. I still hate Ali as she is so heartless. How could she do what she di
Abbie
Jan 03, 2014 Abbie rated it liked it
Includes spoilers from previous books. Also includes a rant for the previous books, so please don't read this if you haven't read book thirteen.

I'm looking at the genre tag on the books goodreads page, and i'm wondering where the "zombie" tag is.
If you've read the rest of the series, you probably have an idea on why i'm wondering this.
If you've read the rest of the series, but don't have any clue what i'm on about - The answer is Ali.

Ali has "died" many times, but has never stayed dead.
She has
Erica Alyson
Dec 03, 2013 Erica Alyson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Autumn Wind
Dec 20, 2013 Autumn Wind rated it really liked it
Shelves:
This better be the last one or I will go all A on Sara Shepard. The series really should have ended with book eight. Also, a green background for a book titled "deadly?" Just no. It should be black or dark red (which would not match the other books, but still, light green?!

Yeah, I might be complaining a bit, but it seems to me that her writing quality in the second half of the series has been decreasing, not increasing and there is so much unnecessary "fluff." In addition, some of the character
Bridget
Jan 28, 2013 Bridget marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY THIS IS COMING OUT SOON!!!!!!!!! I am sad it's ending and I would be overjoyed if there were 20 books in the series because I just don't want it to end!!!!!! Good job Sara Shepard you are such an amazing writer and I can't wait to read the next book!!!!
Trina (Between Chapters)
Whoa. I was not expecting to actually get a reveal 2 books away from the finale. This is definitely the best book in this arc (books 9 and on) so far. It got a bit twisted and dark and I flew through it.
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Cruel Love (Privilege, #6)
  • I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)
  • Infamous (Fame Game, #3)
  • The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)

“But here’s the thing about seeing and knowing everything—sometimes ignorance is safer.” 23 likes