Start by marking “Thunder Rising (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #2)” as Want to Read:
Thunder Rising (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #2)

Thunder Rising (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans #2)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  1,412 ratings  ·  72 reviews
The mountain cats followed the sun trail to a new territory, convinced that in a land with more prey, their lives would be free from strife. But while no cat has gone hungry, tensions are rising. The once firmly united group has split in two—and a young cat named Thunder is caught in the middle of a deeply-rooted struggle for power, territory, and control.
Published December 3rd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published November 5th 2013)

Rrabarra
I was so excited when I got this book. I read it until it was like, 11 something PM. And wow, this book has a lot of things changing around. The key characters for the clans are popping up everywhere, but I thought that River Ripple's appearance was just kind of random and it didn't go too smoothly with that.
Anyway, an awesome book! I wonder what happens to Thunder and Frost. They'll probably get rejected by the cats on the moor. Things are getting... more to the point of war. I really hope the
Mikayla
The first time I read a Warriors book I was 9 year old, and these books made me fall in love with reading.

Now at 15 I continue to read these books despite them obviously being geared towards children the same age as I was when I began my Warriors journey. This summer, before reading the Sun Trail, I re-read the entire main series and still found myself able to enjoy the wonderful world Erin Hunter has created.

Unfortunately, I seem to have set my expectation too high for this latest book. The pro
Alley Kat
In the second book in the fifth series of New York Times best selling world of Warriors, tension is rising between the two groups of the forest. Gray Wing is starting to doubt his decision to come to the mountains. As his group tries to push him on as their leader, he wonders if he will be able to settle down and live the peaceful life he's always wanted while looking out for the injured Jagged Peak and the young Thunder on top of leading a group of cats. Meanwhile, Thunder is torn between the n ...more
Mack Vinsonhaler
Thunder Rising, book two of the Warriors series, Dawn Of The Clans, is a book that you will just not be able to put down. Although the cats made it safely to their new home, tensions between the group of cats who decide to life on the forest, and the group of who cats decided to live on the moor have been rising. The main character, Gray Wing, and his brother, Clear Sky have had the tensions rising between them ever since his brother decided to go live in the forest, and has been expanding his t ...more
Haley  *Good friends are like stars* #Morethanmarriage
An excellent addition to the Warriors series!

I was a bit hesitant to read this after the first Dawn of the Clans book. The Sun Trail was maybe a three-star read for me. But Thunder Rising was infinitely better. Firstly, there's more action. In the first book, it's just a lot of journeying and survival and stuff. Which isn't bad, but not always interesting. This had a lot more action going on and is therefore more interesting and therefore better.

Clear Sky has got to be the best (or is it worst,
Ashdapple
Okay, so I've been a fan of the Warriors series since the very beginning. I have read every book (good and bad) religiously and still consider it one of my all time favorite book series out there. And while the fourth series was somewhat of a disappointment, this book proved that the Erins are still full of ideas and full of splendor.

Admittedly, I was a little wary about reading this one, as I was not much of a fan of Sun Trail until near the end. But this book surpasses Sun Trail in every way.

T
Dolly
Dec 28, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This is the second book in the Dawn of the Clans series by Erin Hunter. It appears to be the fifth of many series about wild cats, and it's a prequel to the original series. With more than 300 pages, this is a great book for older children to start expanding their reading comprehension abilities and challenging themselves with longer books.

I love books that get our girls excited to read and the Warriors did that for our youngest. She is in love with these stories! I like to read whatever they a
Mary
Much better than the first in this new series. I may not like Gray Wing that much, but I guess I can say that he is developing. However he contradicts himself a LOT. He complains that his clanmates want him to replace Tall Shadow, but then when he is one and he feels like OH NOs some cat totally showed me up, he gets all hissy. ANNOYING, Gray Wing, that is just ANNOYING. And how the heck did that thing with Turtle Tail and him happen? It was like BAM!

However! I LOOOOOOOVED the few chapters we go
Jakes
This book takes place after the cats have found their new home. It is based around them setting up and creating the scene for the earlier series which actually happen later in the timeline. Erin Hunter's writing style is very similar to her previous Warriors books and the characters feel nearly identical. Gray Wing, one of the main characters, feels very similar to Firestar from the first arc, only Gray Wing seems less likely to take action when he needs to. There are also some very irritating p ...more
Alison Lee
Olivia
In Erin Hunter’s book Thunder Rising Clear Sky has truly become Evil, after pushing his son Thunder away to live with Gray Wing throwing out Jagged Peak and Nearly killing Gray Wing there is a great fire where Thunder decides to save Clear Sky and his followers. After this Clear Sky claims that he was testing Thunder to see how well he can get along without him and brings Thunder back to the forest to become leader after him. Thunder on the other hand is caught in the middle because he misses Gr ...more
Avery N.
Erin Hunter tells a story about two groups of wild cats that have just relocated and are now getting used to their surroundings. Tension is rising between the two groups even though they used to all be in one group together in his novel, “Thunder Rising”. One Group of cats is lead by Tall Shadow and the other by Clear sky. Clear Sky’s group is brutal and are all about territory “Its all they care about.” (pg.278) While Tall Shadow’s group is all about who is in the group and not letting outsider ...more
Rachel Kristine
Well, the first book in this series showed a lot more potential than the third and fourth series's, but this book wasn't really all that great I thought. It's all about the mountain cats as they are settling into their new home and how Clear Sky is taking over the forest and though Gray Wing doesn't want leadership he starts to get thrust into that position. To me, it just seemed like a bunch of just nothing. Yes, I understand that they have to build up the books characters to get them so they c ...more
Paige
I liked this particular book much more than the first one. In the Sun Trail I believe the authors were doing what they could to compact a huge space in time in a small amount of pages making it feel rushed but in this book it felt as if they could finally slow down and better expand things. The characters are dynamic and feel very alive in their opinions, thoughts, and actions. Clear Sky, hands down, is the best antagonist I've read in the series for a while now as he is not merely as he lives i ...more
Chloe
May 12, 2013 Chloe marked it as to-read
Come out already! I want to find out what happens! :( :( :(
Ashley
Kelly
Gotta have my kitty soap operas. This book was a little too much filler, but it included tons of character development and set things up for plenty of action in the next book. I can feel it. We have a visual on the beginnings of three clans: SkyClan, WindClan, and ThunderClan (even if it's only a tiny glimmer for that one. That last chapter = fist pump). With the way things are going, no wonder SkyClan got booted out eventually. Bunch of jerks.
I still feel there is something missing from this s
Kira4Inu Kira4Inu
Love the series! Was glad to see the new developments and the new characters that are present in this book. I especially love River Ripple (and the little bonus scene included at the end of how he got his name). With the addition of this book to the series that shows the beginning of the clans, it is clearer to me how the clans got started and which cats exactly take charge of each clan. The only thing that frustrates me is the waiting for something major to happen. Sure, lots of major plot poin ...more
Lauren
im not done reading this yet but two things:
1.I am way too old for the target audience and this point and that makes me so sad. *sobs*
2.these books use way to many awkward and unnecessary adverbs and its just annoying to read the sentences sometimes. word fluidity is important, and as exemplified by this book, there is no reason to use the words abruptly and suddenly that many times. tone it back a little erin hunter. not everything is abrupt.
Kirsti
Book two in the Dawn of the clans series sees the return of some memorable characters, especially Clear Sky, Turtle Tail, Grey Wing and Thunder. There are the usual cat activities, hunting, having kits etc, but also the settling of boundaries and territories. It's been a while since I read the first book but I had no problem picking up the story. Warriors books are always a great and quick read, I highly recommend everything by this author!
Sandra Panting
I kind of have mixed feelings about this latest batch of Warriors books. Granted I'm way past the target age but I've always found the books enjoyable. However the books did get a bit too soap opery towards the end of the original series and I've always noticed some inconsistencies with the story line. Maybe it's because I'm expecting these cats to act too much like Clan cats and they haven't gotten to that point yet, but I'm still not completely on board with these books. Although I do wonder h ...more
Kitty
I felt like I was reading Thunder Rising to get to The First Battle. In this book, not a lot happened. Yes, Turtle Tail returned to the moor, and Thunder had a taste of Clear Sky's camp, and Graywing became the leader. I don't think what I just wrote deserved a whole book. I hope that The First Battle is better.
Ashley Thompson
Sad but good

First, just let me introduce myself.
My name is Windbreeze and I was born to Gorseflight and Ravenwhisker of Windclan. Let me just say, what I heard the story of how Clear Sky killed Misty and Bumble, it made me want to claw him in the face, but I wouldn't do that. I couldn't go to sleep. I do like how Gray Wing accepts Turtle Tails kits as his own. I like how Thunder finally came to his scenses and went back to Gray Wing. It doesn't matter that Clear Sky is his father, Gray Wing was
Kristy
This rating is from our 8-year-old boy. He has gotten hooked on the Warriors books and rates this one 4 1/2 stars. This is not classic literature, but it is what our son is interested in right now. He devours these books and gets upset when we don't leave him enough time to read (for hours) during the day.
Xerion567
One of the best books I've read to date. The 'Dawn of the Clans' series is really showing the experience of the Erin Hunter writing team. The story, editing, and pacing are all on point, and the book never becomes too predictable.

Grey Wing really has a hard life. Even though he tries to do the right thing, it seems to go wrong all too often for him. Still, I have to give him credit for trying, and the others certainly respect him highly for his efforts.
Ben
Feb 22, 2014 Ben rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I couldn't wait to read this book because the first book was so interesting and this book was even better. I found out why Thunder decided to choose Gray Wings camp over Clear Skies Camp. I am looking forward to the third book in the series.
Michelle  (Crazy Cat Lady)
So far, we have what are the makings of Skyclan and Windclan, with a potential key Riverclan figure already introduced. The forrest clan is brutal, while the moore is disorganized.

(view spoiler)
Morgan Keel
I really enjoyed this. I do miss the old characters but I am starting to feel connected to these new characters. I love reading about how the clans started.
Faith Clarke
Love it, it has a good layout of the story. It is also very descriptive making you feel like your living the 2 main characters lives.
Ashley S
This was awesome! Clear sky is mean!:-( I like gray wing and jagged peak it was awesome! Oh and May star clan light your path!:-)

Sagewhisker of shadowclan
Warrior Cats Fore...: Thunder Rising [#2] 9 13 Aug 12, 2013 01:52PM
Predictions 1 3 May 21, 2013 02:07PM
  • Star Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #6)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
  • Ratha's Creature (The Named, #1)
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 10
  • The Vanishing (The Last Dogs, #1)
  • 神様はじめました 14 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 14]
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Dawn of the Clans (6 books)
  • The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #1)
  • The First Battle (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #3)
  • The Blazing Star (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #4)
  • A Forest Divided (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #5)
  • Path of Stars (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #6)
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“Jagged Peak was buried alive.” 3 likes