Start by marking “The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1.5)

The Little Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1.5)

In a faraway land, full of noise and smoke, all the animals have gone away. Can a little girl with special powers and special friends bring them back?
Published 2012 by Jay Kristoff

To ask other readers questions about The Little Stormdancer, please sign up.

Kami I don't think you can. I heard it was a limited edition giveaway at the launch event.
You can listen to it here:
…more
You can listen to it here:

Kaitlin
Apr 03, 2015 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
I watched someone else reading out this book because it was a limited edition giveaway at the launch event. You can find it read out on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...

This is a very simple children's book which is a companion for the Stormdancer book. It takes the same story and drastically simplifieds it down into a short, beautifully illustrated story. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the first story and seeing the super cute visuals. The art has a kind of w
Braiden
Sep 09, 2012 Braiden rated it it was amazing
This picture book is soooooooooooooooo adorkable in every way.
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
See this review and more on The Moonlight Library!

Without spoiling Stormdancer, Jay Kristoff’s companion children’s book The Little Stormdancer delivers the charming tale of Yukiko and her companion griffon (‘thunder tiger’) Buruu in a condensed, simplified version, weaving the familiar themes of environmental protection and animal welfare also found in the full-length novel.

The repeated motifs, clear positive messages, and adorable illustrations ensure that this will be a picture book repeatedl
Brian
Sep 07, 2012 Brian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids of any age
Recommended to Brian by: Jay Kristoff
As Jay said recently of this book (and if I recall correctly from a booze-fuelled book launch), this was written for his editor's newborn. As such it is a much simplified version of Stormdancer that is perfect for young children. Indeed, my 5year old son loved the story when I read it to him.

This book, complete with illustrations by Jay himself, demonstrates the flexibility of Jay's writing ability; from the painstakingly soaring descriptions of Stormdancer, to the 'cute' child-focused style of
Michelle
Aug 26, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids, Fans of Stormdancer
This book is too adorable! It was too cute to shelve with the rest of my books so I put it on display at the top of my bookshelf.

Whether you've read Stormdancer or not, this is a great read. This is definitely one of the books I will save for my future child. It doesn't spoil anything for Stormdancer so it's up to you if you want to read this before or after. Plus I also love how much it connects to our world. We're having a problem with industrialization just like in the book and I want to be t
sanny
Sep 29, 2012 sanny rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I watched this via sapphiregirl1487 too as the actual book's not available (yet?) in my country.

Having read the original Stormdancer, I like this one so much more, based on the cute visuals and simple, happy storytelling vibes. Should be a delight for little children; and for everyone who loves cute cartoon graphics with a 'modern' fairytale sending home the message of environmental awareness, no less. How cool is that?
Janine Bolaños
Sep 16, 2012 Janine Bolaños rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kids-books
I read this via SapphireGirl from YouTube and it's so adorable. :3 This is the closest thing to Stormdancer I can read for now 'cause my pre-ordered copy isn't here yet.

5 stars!
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Aug 27, 2012 Kat (Lost in Neverland) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-signed
Thanks so much Jay, for sending me this! I love it! :D
Adam Heine
Oct 24, 2012 Adam Heine rated it it was amazing
I love the art in this book. My kids especially like the part where Kukiko meets the griffin and freaks out.
Merary
Nov 10, 2012 Merary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: OMG!! YES!
I actually didn't buy it or anything. I tried to do it, but i couldn't find it.

I'm so depressed!!

And then, I found this:

This girl had this book and did a read-along to her viewers. Thank you so much, Christina Franke! You just gained a new subscriber and an eternally gratefulness from me!!

I hope this counts as reading it . . .

Moving on . . .

The Little Stormdancer is a MEGA-CUTE version of Stormdancer. Kind of the same story, but made especially for adorabl
Tez
Aug 26, 2012 Tez rated it really liked it
So cute! :-) I just love the artwork, and the story's pretty cute, too. Love how things are so simple in kids' books - "Want to be friends?" "Yes!" Aw ;-)

Having not yet read the full-length novel STORMDANCER, I don't know if this book contains spoilers for it. Yukliko and Buruu destroy all the smelly, noisy machines in the end. Let me know if that happens in the big book.
Ari
Oct 01, 2012 Ari rated it really liked it
I didn't read the book, but I did watch this video. Thanks to Christina Franke!

I thought the illustrations were cute. If I had children, or nieces/ nephews, I would definitely read it to them.
Misbah
Dec 03, 2012 Misbah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a very cute children's book. I didn't read it, I listened to it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2.... It's only about 2 and a half minutes long.
Go listen to it. How can you not? It's Jay Kristoff.
Helen
Aug 15, 2014 Helen rated it it was amazing
I DIED. THE CUTENESS KILLED ME.

If you want to read this book, please click on the link below. There you will find a YouTube clip of someone reading the book to you. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Lisa (Badass Bookie)
Dec 03, 2012 Lisa (Badass Bookie) rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest thing ever. Seriously. CUTEST. DARN. THANG. EVER

Plus the pictures in this book are absolutely gorgeous.

Well done Kristoff.

Well done.
Julie
Jan 08, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
So cute!
I don't have the actual copy, so I just listened to
this wonderful person read it on YouTube:
Erin
Absolutely adorable! XD
Luna
Aug 31, 2012 Luna rated it it was amazing
It's just so cute.
I watched the video of this being read on youtube. It was adorable and I want it.
Rayne
Okay, so technically, I didn't 'read' this book in the traditional sense of the word, but this being a self-published, limited edition picture book given to a handful of bloggers, well, I didn't have much of a choice. Still, this blogger recorded herself reading aloud the book and showing the pictures, so dammit, that counts for me.

If you want to see the video this blogger so kindly recorded for the rest of us unlucky plebeians, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...

So this book i
Debby
Jan 21, 2013 Debby rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella-or-bonus
A kind book blogger has filmed herself reading the book and put it on YouTube here. I love it! The illustrations are totally adorable, and it does make for a very nice children's story. I can only hope that this does get published some day, because I would love to hold it in my hands.
Joti
Sep 13, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
SO ADORABLE!!!! I watched it on Youtube - THANK GOD SOMEONE PUT IT UP - 'The Little Sormdancer' And OMFG THE PICTURES WERE ADORABLE!!! It was so cute!!! I can't wait to read Kinslayer, the 2nd book in the series - It's gonna be EPIC!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!

Here's the link;
Sep 24, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I don't usually read children's books but I've just watched the video of sapphiregirl reading this one on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m2...) and OMG it is adorable!

What a fun way to introduce your children to Yukiko and Buruu! Now someone please tell me where I can buy a copy because I can't find it anywhere!
Jamie
I did not read this per se. It's nearly impossible to find, but you can have it read to you via this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU0m...
Spoon
Mar 27, 2015 Spoon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I actually watched this being read by Christina Franke on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/LTU0m2Q8oc4

So cute!
Anna-Emilia
Mar 03, 2013 Anna-Emilia added it
Shelves: 2014
Ahh I just love this whole world :3
Sophie
Sep 18, 2012 Sophie marked it as to-read
I had a dream about this book!
Please give me this book!
or I won't have a dream anymore :(
Ails
Apr 21, 2013 Ails rated it really liked it
Too adorable *u*
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Fireflies
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • Ransomwood
  • Silver Mirrors (Apparatus Infernum, #2)
  • Queen of the Night (This is Shyness, #2)
  • Power Under Pressure (The Society of Steam, #3)
  • Winterbay (Conquered Earth, #0.5)
  • Mother, Crone, Maiden
  • reMIND: Volume 1
  • The Manual of Aeronautics: An Illustrated Guide to the Leviathan Series
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • The Big Book of Top Gear 2011
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Nessa (Breeders, #1.1)
  • The Warrior's Soul (The Year of the Dragon, #2)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Roil  (The Nightbound Land, #1)
Jay Kristoff is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of four Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, nominee for the David Gemmell Morningstar and Legend awards, named multiple times in the Kirkus and Amazon Best Teen Books list and published in over thirty countries, most of which he has never visited. He ...more
More about Jay Kristoff...

The Lotus War (3 books)
  • Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus War, #3)