Start by marking “Falling” as Want to Read:
Falling

Falling

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,052 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Dana is definitely not the kind of girl to be living in the dump of a wilderness lodge she finds herself waitressing in. But when Craig, the sexy cop who’s handling the murder case where she’s a witness, suggests it—it seems like a good idea. Now she’s got no BMW, no shopping and an assortment of hairy Alaskan men who definitely belong in a run-down old lodge. Her exciting ...more
Published October 22nd 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
New Adult/Post HS books
184th out of 775 books — 1,983 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Best NA Romance
164th out of 360 books — 461 voters

More lists with this book...

♥Rachel♥
Oct 16, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it

Falling is exactly the type of read I gravitate to. Two people who DO NOT want to fall for each other and do, in spite of their best efforts not to. A romance that creeps up when you least expect it, and with someone you wouldn’t normally choose. Throw in some mutual dislike, and I’m sold!

Dana is in Alaska temporarily. Her goal was to remodel a home in a year and turn around and sell it. It is a way to escape for a little while before she settled into her life plans. You know what happens to be
Jolene Perry
Oct 22, 2012 Jolene Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-this
This book was written for nothing but fun.

Spoiled girl + Girl totally out of her element + unexpectedly hot and fabulous guy = what Jolene loves to read for fun.

I set this at a place I frequent in the winter OFTEN - Petersville Lodge, and had a blast doing it.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Frankly, I'm disappointed.

This is a terrible story of figuring what you want to do with your life.

description

I only gave this a 3 (I could've given it an easy 2) because Jason was a relatively likable character. He owns this great winter lodge and he's a good guy. He's nice to almost everyone except Dana at first. I secretly hoped that he would just continue to hate Dana's guts. LOL.

Who's Dana? Oh, she's a piece of work alright. She goes on this trip to Alaska because she just wants to break free of her h
A. Bookzilla.
I'm smiling like a lunatic right now. Maybe I should give it a couple of days for all these ~feels to sink in and then write a coherent review, but I don't feel like it. There are love stories, and then there are love stories.

It starts out one way, and then it takes a complete different turn. My memory was a bit hazy on the blurb, so I found myself warming up to Craig guy because I have this habit of making sure who the hero should be and then rooting for him from the beginning, in order not to
Suzana
Dec 22, 2012 Suzana rated it did not like it
Can you give less than one star? If you could, I would definitely do it for this book. Really all I can say is shame on you Jolene. I have read other books by this author and they have been clean and insightful, with real strong characters and lessons to learn, but not this one.

I didn't finish because a few pages in - language - which got progressively worse until I couldn't take it anymore. And, the characters and their behavior were appalling. I will more careful the next time I see a book by
Ya~
Mar 17, 2013 Ya~ rated it really liked it
No alpha tattoo hero. No likable heroine (40% of the book). No cheating(depend?) No forced drama. No dark secret. No villain. NO "You are my everything or I cann't breathe without you..." WTH?

It is about two people slowly falling in love with each other. Honestly I dislike Dana on her judgement and even her personality. What changes my mind is via Jason's POV about her. Their thought process and interaction seem genuine and real. A nice exchange sweet read.
Christy
Oct 29, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it
All the crazy books I have been reading lately I soooo needed this. I started it last night and deiced to just stay up all night and read because I didn't want to put it down. I looovveeddd Jason. There was just something about him. Dana frustrated me at times (Craig situation) but by the end I ended up loving her too. Plus there were great supporting characters- Boz, Justine etc. It was a great story.
Erin
Oct 30, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
Okay, so the idea behind this story was great, but somewhere along the way it got lost. While it was a sweet love story in some respects, I just needed more and wanted to feel drawn more into it than I was.

First off, I nearly turned this over as a DNF because of Dana's attitude in the first several chapters. Yeah, she's supposed to be a little spoiled and snotty when we first meet her, but she spends her first scenes in the story pining after and sleeping with a married man. This I could have wr
Shari
Dec 28, 2012 Shari rated it it was ok
I write this review for any reader that has read Jolene Perry's Christian books and are looking for more of her books. This is not a clean romance by any means. It has drugs, affairs, bad language, and love scenes that you wouldn't expect after reading her "Boys next door" series. Those were the only books I read by her so was pretty shocked when I got a few pages in.
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 23, 2012 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3 Lodge Stars

A little too predictable and the love connection wasn't really there for me. Although I did love the lodge and the snowmobiling.
Novel
Jan 16, 2013 Novel rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

This is my 3rd Jolene Perry novel (4th if you count Dizzy--which is her collab with Nyrae Dawn), and well, I wasn't impressed with this one. The setting sure is unique... Alaska... yeah, lots of ice, snow mobiles and bears? LOL! Anyway, the reason it only got a 2.5 from me is because of the heroine.

Dana is supposedly smart, a graduate of an Ivy League school (for goodness sake!) but, I think her accident affected her brain too much because when she woke up in the hospital, she started
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 14, 2012 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
I absolutely adore all of Jolene's books, okay, okay, I confess, I haven't read them all yet (semantics!) but pretty darn close and I have loved them all, so I was positive that I was going to love this one too.

And not to sound full of myself or anything but, I love it when I am right!!

I have wanted to read this one since first seeing the cover on Jolene's blog. I have no idea what it is about the cover that just drew me in. I just love it. It is so cute and flirty looking. It has a subtlety to
Once Upon
Nov 27, 2012 Once Upon rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book by Jolene Perry and I loved this book by her. It was a really great book from the beginning to the end. It never dragged and each page it just kept on getting better and better. I loved the characters in the book especially Dana and Jason. Have you ever met a handsome gorgeous guy and kept telling yourself that you will never fall in love with them because you can't. Well guess what that's what happens to the characters in the story.

Dana is a twenty something girl that d
Amy (Turn the Page)
Jun 11, 2013 Amy (Turn the Page) marked it as abandoned
Dnf at 53%

Bored and moving on. This story and the characters are too blah for me. I'm not getting the attraction between the two and none of it feels realistic. I'm 24 and I don't know anyone that age who has their own house (which they're having done up), or their own lodge, which everyone seems to. I certainly don't know anyone that age who can afford to own a place by themselves.

Anyway.

She's not likeable, being perfectly happy to have an affair with a married man. She feels bad about it aft
Britt
Nov 26, 2012 Britt rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, buy-ebook, ebook
Falling's plot is relatively simple. Dana is a key witness to a murder trial, when her life becomes threatened she is sent to a snowmobile lodge to work under rugged and bearded lodge owner Jason. Feelings develop, snowmobiles are ridden etc etc (If you want more than that then you are going to have to read the blurb).

During the first 1/3 of this book I was sitting at around 2 stars. Usually to achieve a 2 star review from me a book has to be poorly written, boring or have a character/s I can't
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Photobucket

3 copies available for giveaway HERE!

***Review copy received by Author for review purposes***

“I feel like I’m letting go of the edge of a cliff.” My voice shakes a little because I know I’ve never felt this way for anyone before. And because I know I’m walking into what may end up being a ridiculous situation, but I also know I can’t just walk away.
“Is that where we are?” Jason whispers.
I lean forward and press our lips together. “Not anymore. Now I’m f
Melody McBride
Whoa.

I should've stopped reading way before I did, but I wanted to see what happened... Well, I finally decided to stop halfway through.

First, awkward! I hate awkward situations, and also when people make really stupid choices and you're pretty much yelling in your head NOT to be stupid... Yeah. That happened lots.

Second, swearing! Lots of it! Several of the F-bombs too, which I didn't appreciate at all. There are better ways to show how you're feeling...

Third, lots of talk about sex and sexual
Jen
Nov 06, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
I crown Jolene Perry the new queen of romance. Seriously. I loved hearing the story from two different perspectives. This was a fun, light-hearted tale that I actually kept stealing time away from other things so I could finish it. Her characters are smart and sexy, without being over the top. I was looking for a break from all the paranormal I like to read, and this did not disappoint. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good love story!
M. Homer
Sep 04, 2014 M. Homer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a new book boyfriend and his name is Jason!

When Dana is witness to a murder, she is bundled off to stay in a remote lodge in the middle of nowhere by the handsome, but of so married, Craig. Craig uses his wife's cousin's lodge as a base to protect Dana but also ensure that he somewhere to have his five seconds with her. Yeah you may want to smack Dana round the head just a little in the beginning of this book...

Dana's been hurt before so a no strings attached guy is just what she wants u
Maggie
May 31, 2014 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay book for the new adult genre. Surprisingly there was no physical fighting that seems to happen in about 90% of these books. But I generally didn't like the main character. I am the type of person that usually finds something to like about who is telling the story. But I was not a fan of Dawn. A rich girl that found herself out of her element. We've all seen it done before. But I loved the background characters and I loved Jason. The beginning of the book was slightly confusing w ...more
Laura's Book Addiction
I love the premise and the cover is sooo freaking cute! Edit 30th oct 2012 rocked my socks off review to come
Virginia
Oct 24, 2012 Virginia rated it it was amazing
I absolutley love every one of Jolene's books! The stories and characters are great!!
Allie Brennan
Dec 11, 2012 Allie Brennan rated it it was amazing
My favorite Jolene book! Even if I wanted to smack Dana once or thrice...
Tracy
2.5/5 stars. Nothing like a trashy romance to help distract me from looming deadlines (I've finished my essay now, and an hour later I finished this book) It's the usual no strings/friends with benefits even though they already know they really like each other and all that 'it could never work' angst and then the stay-away-from-each-other angst because they love each other and they don't know that the other loves them and then because of some miracle revelation, it works out.
Well written though,
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Jan 22, 2013 Michelle (Much Loved Books) rated it really liked it
I have loved every book I have read by Jolene Perry so far, so when I found out about Falling I knew I had to have a copy of it. Unfortunately it had been pushed to the side so I could concentrate on my review pile. Recently I found myself stuck reading one book for a whole week, and not making much progress, it was nothing to do with the book just my head not really with it. I decided to take a break from 'official reviewing', to 'reviewing for fun' with no pressure and tackle one of my own TBR ...more
Kala
Dec 18, 2012 Kala rated it liked it
Also posted on my blog at:
Kala's Book Blog

Falling wasn't bad, but it also wasn't anything that really excited me either. When I finished it, I nearly forgot about it until I went to organize all my recently read books on the Kindle and remembered it.

The story starts off with this weird scene where Dana (our lovely heroine) is in a car crash and I guess witnesses a murder. In the hospital, she meets Craig the cop, who acts completely inappropriately and seduces her. In order to keep her safe unti
Mari
Nov 26, 2012 Mari rated it really liked it
Shelves: contempromance, adult
Alaska. Two different people. Unusual setting, snow lots of it. Two people who DO NOT want to fall for each other and do, in spite of their best efforts not to. A romance that creeps up when you least expect it, and with someone you wouldn’t normally choose. They but heads, they get on each others nerves. It's not the usually insta-love connection. But its there. It takes a long time on letting oneself go despite initial prejudice and inhibition.

Jason and Dana. They seem to be different people.
RO Mejia
Mar 15, 2013 RO Mejia rated it it was amazing
Falling is a book that starts out with the main character, Dana. She witnesses two men on the side of the road participating in a murder, on a deserted highway in Alaska. She swerves off the embankment and ends up crashing into a tree. She is discovered by a good-looking police trooper, who charms the pants off her, literally. Dana compares his suave looks to James Bond, and assumes he is single. His name is Craig. Craig takes her to the hospital to get checked out, and when she give her report, ...more
Sandhya
Oct 27, 2013 Sandhya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a random pick for me which i found while browsing in Amazon and am i glad i found this...it was sweet n entertaining to read. The story wa bit common but, i loved the way the author has written the story...especially the titles of each chapters!! The romance between Jason and Dana was slow and sweet.....how they become from just strangers to sweethearts.....!! I loved Jason's character....more than Dana's. Lot of miscommunications later, finally, when they get their happily-ever-aft ...more
The beginning of this book was fun. I liked Dana's inner dialogue, but after we get into the heart of the story, her repressed emotional issues and the decisions she makes made me really dislike this her. I also didn't like her wishy washiness about what she wants to do with her life, what she wants to accomplish, how she doesn't want anything serious, but wait...she can't do the no-strings-attached thing. ugh. I liked the fact that there was very little added drama, except for maybe the issue w ...more
  • 10 Weeks
  • Secondary Characters
  • Dizzy
  • The Big Smoke
  • Saving Grace
  • Left to Love (Next Door Boys #2)
  • The Unloved
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • Make It Last (Friends & Lovers, #1)
  • Holiday Fling
  • The Wedding Cake Girl
  • Levitating Las Vegas
  • Freedom Road
I wear juvenile T-shirts, worn-out chucks, and eat too much chocolate. I write. A lot. I make up words, drink Shirley Temples, and suffocate a little without my iPod.

Also.
I only rate books I loved.
More about Jolene Perry...