Start by marking “Art Lab for Little Kids: 52 Playful Projects for Preschoolers” as Want to Read:
Art Lab for Little Kids: 52 Playful Projects for Preschoolers

Art Lab for Little Kids: 52 Playful Projects for Preschoolers

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Developed for the younger set (4-6 year olds) and targeting one of the most critical developmental periods for children, Art Lab for Little Kids is the perfect book for both parents and teachers who are seeking enriching and unique experiences to offer this age group.

As in Susan Schwake’s first book, Art Lab for Kids (Quarry Books, 2012), the Labs can be used as singular p
Published June 1st 2013 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Art Lab for Little Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art Lab for Little Kids

Jessica
THIS BOOK IS FANTASTIC!!!! I am definitely going to do the Ice Cube painting project for a storytime! I loved that she linked all the art to not only specific styles, but the artists themselves! This book is excellent for craft ideas for library storytimes.
Lisa
A lot of great ideas for preschool art programs that can be easily adapted to a library setting.
Michelle
I bought this because I liked Art Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media-For Budding Artists of All Ages so much. I like this one even better! Maybe it's just because the kids I generally work with are younger, but I like the projects in this book better. I'll be using both books as a reference for my arts and crafts programs at the library.
Ellen
so many good ideas!
Stefanie Girard
There are so many great ideas in this book especially the variety of things you can use to paint with! Even though it's for kids I still plan on trying them!
Bridgette Guerzon Mills
Borrowed this from the library and after renewing it the max allowed times, I reluctantly returned it. Will buy it so I can have it on my shelf!
Emily
Very well laid out, photographed and explained. The projects in this book range from very simple to engagingly complex. About half of them are developmentally appropriate for my 2.5 year old with the rest being a tad to advanced.

I borrowed this from the library and took some notes on the projects to try out. If they go over well, I'll probably try the book again in 6-8 months.
Really excellent book for parents, teachers and librarians. I have notes on many of the projects and can see adapting the ideas into my own art projects for the kids at the library. I thought this was a great take on the more difficult projects from the first book and bringing them down to a younger child's level. Already one of my favorites.
Tanya
May 13, 2014 Tanya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
Fantastic. Easy art projects that art fun for all ages. Each project is paired with a contemporary artist's work. I used this for our homeschool art class and everyone loved it. I plan to buy more art lab books.
Tracey
art projects for preschoolers/Preschool STEAM. Some of these require a bit more planning (and cleanup!) than others, but a good variety of projects incorporating different media.
Alla
There are much fewer activities in the book than it says as there is little variety. If you are familiar with some crafts for little kids (like spray painting, dripping, using sponges or other things to create patterns) you will find very few interesting things in the book. "Artful parent" has a greater variety of fun projects. If you are new to kids crafts Lab might provide for you step by step instructions of basic projects.
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Kalika Bower
Kalika Bower marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Lottee Omallee
Lottee Omallee is currently reading it
May 22, 2015
Leigh
Leigh added it
Jun 23, 2015
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Michael Sedor
Michael Sedor marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Annajune
Annajune marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Doni
Doni marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Art Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media-For Budding Artists of All Ages 3D Art Lab for Kids: 32 Hands-on Adventures in Sculpture and Mixed Media - Including fun projects using clay, plaster, cardboard, paper, fiber beads and more! Art Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media-For Budding Artists Art for All Seasons 3D Art Lab for Kids: 32 Hands-On Adventures in Sculpture and Mixed Media - Including Fun Projects Using Clay, Plaster, Cardboard, Paper, Fiber Beads and More!