Start by marking “Mindy's Musings” as Want to Read:
Mindy's Musings

Mindy's Musings

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Everyone has a story. It’s true. Some are sad stories of hardship and tragedy, while others are full of laughter and joy. I’ve been transfixed by tales of travel to the farthest reaches of the globe, or daring adventures of skydiving, bungee jumps and scuba diving (nothing, by the way I would EVER try- these people are nuts. Who jumps out of a perfectly good airplane?)

Mamm
Published June 8th 2012 by Create Space (first published June 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mindy's Musings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindy's Musings

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyDog Days by Jeff KinneyRodrick Rules by Jeff KinneyThe Last Straw by Jeff KinneyThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Books That Made Me Laugh Out Loud
293rd out of 1,306 books — 1,809 voters
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David SedarisBossypants by Tina FeyDress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David SedarisNaked by David SedarisRunning with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Humorous Memoirs and Non-Fiction
163rd out of 396 books — 813 voters

More lists with this book...

Yekaterina
First off I want to thank Mindy and Goodreads first reads for the free ARC!

Secondly, this "book" is very different. It reminds me more of a journal or notepad. Mindy reminisces about countless family memories and SHE IS HILARIOUS!

I do think the chapters need to be rearranged because the beginning is very "pro-Jewish" and before you get to know Mindy and her family- it's a bit annoying. Though if she were to start with the anxiety chapter, it would be a slam dunk. I would love if the book was a
Janine Brouillette
I like the book and the humor....but wish it was a little longer and written in book format. I hope that Mindy Levi considers writing a full book about her family and their encounters. I would definitely read it!
Tim Smulders
Very funny, and even for a non-Jewish person so recognisable. I have the pleasure of knowing Mindy herself and this book truly reflects her great personality and humor. Ideal for when on the road.
Nina Norstrom
This book is a short read and has plenty of humor; with all the makings of a true journey. Surely, the reader will find it educational and enlightening all in the same read. When diving into the many escapades, its tale will have the reader reliving one's own journey.
So when feeling down and need a great picker upper, this is definitely a must read. Think you've heard it all, but you haven't read it all!
Check out the tales in the life of Mindy!

Shelley
THANKS TO GOODREADS AND MINDY FOR THE COPY OF MINDYS MUSINGS. I LIKED HER FAMILY STORIES. BUT WAS THE BOOK CHECKED FOR GRAMMER. HOPE SHE WILL TELL MORE STORIES.
jgyweniverel
Dec 14, 2012 jgyweniverel marked it as to-read
Shelves: book-library
Just send me a copy...I love your description of your life, and applaud you for sharing it with the world. Please send me a copy...
John Snyder
I liked the book. It was kind of short and sweet. An easy read on a plane I thought. But not too much to it than that.
Elaine Benfield
Throughly enjoyed this book. Hilarious stories that made me relate to my own family. I look forward to the next book.
Rosemary
Like meeting a stranger for coffee and feeling you've known them all your life. Very enjoyable read.
Katie
This is a highly enjoyable read, once I started I didn't want to stop.
I can't wait to read the next book!
Mayda
This collection of thoughts reads like a blog. It’s almost like you are sitting down with Mindy and having a chat over coffee with her. Yes, there is humor and some interesting anecdotes, but not much more. You will probably find yourself comparing her family with yours, and her life experiences with your own. In fact, yours are probably just as funny, though maybe not quite as odd, and hopefully, your family doesn’t resort to taking souvenirs from hotels and restaurants. Not a bad way to spend ...more
Tina
Slightly Amused. 2 1/2 stars.

This review is a tough one to write. I was entertained. The author has talent. But due to the style of this short book, I am left disheartened.

The stories that Mindy shared were very charming. Getting a glimpse into the uniqueness of one's family and upbringing is a treat (mostly when written with honesty and humor). I enjoyed her voice and her knack for presenting them. She embraces her quirks and her family's as well.

It appears the book was first a blog. Although
Tiffany M.
I received this book in a GoodReads giveaway. Unfortunately, it really wasn't my style. The feel I got from the book was that Mindy was sitting down having coffee and telling me all of these stories--this was okay, but the format was not very good at all. I believe this was originally a blog, but there is nothing in the book to indicate that, other than the author's ramblings. Going on from formatting, there were a lot of unnecessary explanation points, question marks, as well as broken off word ...more
Ms. Cutts-Byrne
I won this book in a giveaway. Like some of the other reviews said, this book has some gems, but is very disorganized and underdeveloped. It reads like a blog, which it was, but a blog that I feel like I'm missing a part of- perhaps if I knew her, the stories would make more sense. This is not to say it cannot be developed and organized more and become a funny book in the future.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Denise Kuntz
Denise Kuntz marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nalini
Nalini is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
Molly Greenleaf
Molly Greenleaf marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Lisa Foster
Lisa Foster marked it as to-read
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Nawal Zahra
Nawal Zahra marked it as to-read
Taylor Robinson
Taylor Robinson marked it as to-read
Cheryll Cosenza
Cheryll Cosenza marked it as to-read
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
  • Pacific Edge
  • The Funny Adventures of Little Nani
  • Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT 5th Edition
  • Sweet Tea for Two
  • The Hot Mess  (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #3)
  • Home
  • In His Stead (A Father's War)
  • Hiding in Sunshine
  • The Contract of Love
  • It Stings So Sweet
  • If I had a Little Boat
  • The Two Truths about Love: The Art and Wisdom of Extraordinary Relationships
  • Blood of My Ancestor
  • The Chocolate Rose
  • The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook: 77 Essential Skills To Stop Climate Change
  • The Dinner Party
  • Making Friends Among the Taliban: A Peacemaker's Journey in Afghanistan
  • Don't Be a Chicken
Mindy Levy is an independent author living in the Southeastern United States. A native Bostonian, she relocated after a year stint in Europe following college to be close to family.

By day, Mindy pretends to be a technology executive for an enterprise software vendor when she would rather be writing. She spends her free time consuming large amounts of coffee, traveling and doing a bit of volunteer
More about Mindy Levy...