Start by marking “The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!” as Want to Read:
The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!

The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  337 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Lick your lips and shrink your hips with
THE LOONEYSPOONS COLLECTION
Jam-packed with “the best of the best” Janet &
Greta recipes…made even BETTER!
Better carbs Better fats More fiber Less sugar Less salt Same great taste thatwon’t go to your waist!

TLC features outrageously delicious, reader-favorite recipes from Janet & Greta’s incredibly popular cookbooks Looneyspoo
Published November 15th 2012 by Hay House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Looneyspoons Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Looneyspoons Collection

Amanda Belyew
Jan 07, 2013 Amanda Belyew rated it it was amazing
[I won this book through Goodreads. My review is a sincere one, and I would have gladly bought the book.]
I love this cookbook! I have tried cooking from cookbooks before and the recipes are either too complicated or they use random ingredients that are hard to find or expensive. Not so with this one! The recipes are very easy to follow, and I really love how there is nutritional information for every recipe. There are recipes for everything you can imagine and new takes on classic dishes. Many
Dawn
Oct 30, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of our family favorites. The Podleski sisters teamed up to make this cookbook and another, Crazy Plates, which have favorite recipes which were tweaked a bit to make them a little bit healthier without losing the flavor. The recipes are all given "punny" names (i.e. "Just for the Halibut") and have entertaining descriptions and illustrations. The recipes are good too. Both are recommended.
Lorna Casavant
May 15, 2013 Lorna Casavant rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome. There is NOTHING in this book we have not liked. I have many go-to recipes in there now. I love that they promote healthier eating, but not to the extreme so it works. I love their 80/20 rule. Eight percent of the time do your best so that for twenty percent you can enjoy yourself. Their recipes are easy, I find I always have the ingredients. They are healthier recipes and always tasty. I like how they use spices and lemon to enhance and bring out the flavors. I also like how th ...more
Alyssa Edmonds
Nov 04, 2015 Alyssa Edmonds rated it it was amazing
Awesome and easy recipes! Great recipe book! Very easy to follow!
Wildwhuck
Dec 21, 2012 Wildwhuck added it
Shelves: cookbook
Just received my copy from First Reads giveaway. I've only skimmed a few recipes but they look quick and easy. Love they already have the nutritional and calorie count info for each recipe. There is way more illustration than I prefer but it's informative. Will definitely be testing a few recipes in the new year.
Lynda
Jan 22, 2014 Lynda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
There are a ton of healthy living cookbooks around. This book provides excellent recipes, reminds me of a lot of info that I always need to be reminded of. However, this book is fun. Personally, I am tired of the preaching of many such cookbooks.
Anna S
Dec 07, 2015 Anna S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Easy recipes, delicious food. I like that it's all on colour making it more visually appealing. It's important for me to see a picture of the recipe for me to decide to make it. Most recipes have pictures in this book.
Wendy
Apr 27, 2009 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun cookbook. It lives up to its description of low-fat food made fun. For low fat recipes, the flavors are interesting, and the authors used some cooking techniques that were new to me but I've adopted them.
Valerie
It's a bit corny, but a great idea. I found it hard to read the recipes and visualize the finished product sometimes because there are no photos. Book should lie flat.
Angela
Jan 08, 2011 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't tried the recipes yet, but I have marked many! In addition to easy to follow recipes, there are cartoons, funny tidbits, and substitution info all packed.
Gillian
Jul 03, 2008 Gillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gillian by: Dianne Chalmers
I'm not one to really enjoy cooking, but this book actually motivates me to do so, so a great thanks to the authors! (I'm sure my family thanks you too!)
Shelley
May 21, 2013 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great cook book. Lots of great recipes. Use this book all the time to cook up new ideas for old recipes. Low fat and low sugar but yummy.
Littlemissadventures
Mar 07, 2011 Littlemissadventures rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who eats.
Shelves: cookbooks
This was one of the cookbooks of my childhood. Tastiness aside, it helped set me on a healthy path and taught me to enjoy real food.
Dawn
Feb 25, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
We love these authors and their fun, informative and delicious recipes!
Just wish there were pictures!
Navita
Dec 31, 2011 Navita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a bit dated but there are some wonderful recipes (like the Rockin' Moroccan Soup!)
Shannon
Jul 04, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Cookbook, use it frequently and I love the added info like cooking tips in margins.
Nancy C
Jul 30, 2014 Nancy C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
have been making their caesar salad dressing for years ... YUM!
Glynda
Jan 24, 2009 Glynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Fun to read snippets and some good recipes.
Erika
Aug 04, 2011 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erika by: Beryl Stephens
Has some of my favourite recipes
Liisa
Apr 03, 2013 Liisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook
Mindy
Dec 14, 2012 Mindy rated it really liked it
Received a free copy if this through FirstReads and I'm super excited! The recipes are healthy and not super complex. It's filled with healthy tips and tidbits! I've already marked a bunch if recipes to try!!
Julie Kumar
Jan 03, 2013 Julie Kumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Terrilyn
Terrilyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Judy Barry
Judy Barry rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Serena
Serena added it
Jan 24, 2016
Angela Marshall
Angela Marshall marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 16, 2016
Kristina Anderson
Kristina Anderson rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
  • The Looneyspoons Collection : Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits Plus a Whole Lot More!
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
  • The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • The Best Light Recipe
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • American Christmas: Recipes and Ideas to Inspire Holiday Traditions
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • A New Way to Cook
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites: Over 200 Best-Ever Recipes from the Weight Watchers Test Kitchens