Start by marking “The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!” as Want to Read:
The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!

The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Lick your lips and shrink your hips with
Jam-packed with “the best of the best” Janet &
Greta recipes…made even BETTER!
Better carbs Better fats More fiber Less sugar Less salt Same great taste thatwon’t go to your waist!

TLC features outrageously delicious, reader-favorite recipes from Janet & Greta’s incredibly popular cookbooks Looneyspoo
Published November 15th 2012 by Hay House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Looneyspoons Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Looneyspoons Collection

Amanda Belyew
[I won this book through Goodreads. My review is a sincere one, and I would have gladly bought the book.]
I love this cookbook! I have tried cooking from cookbooks before and the recipes are either too complicated or they use random ingredients that are hard to find or expensive. Not so with this one! The recipes are very easy to follow, and I really love how there is nutritional information for every recipe. There are recipes for everything you can imagine and new takes on classic dishes. Many
This is one of our family favorites. The Podleski sisters teamed up to make this cookbook and another, Crazy Plates, which have favorite recipes which were tweaked a bit to make them a little bit healthier without losing the flavor. The recipes are all given "punny" names (i.e. "Just for the Halibut") and have entertaining descriptions and illustrations. The recipes are good too. Both are recommended.
Lorna Casavant
Totally awesome. There is NOTHING in this book we have not liked. I have many go-to recipes in there now. I love that they promote healthier eating, but not to the extreme so it works. I love their 80/20 rule. Eight percent of the time do your best so that for twenty percent you can enjoy yourself. Their recipes are easy, I find I always have the ingredients. They are healthier recipes and always tasty. I like how they use spices and lemon to enhance and bring out the flavors. I also like how th ...more
Alyssa Edmonds
Awesome and easy recipes! Great recipe book! Very easy to follow!
Dec 21, 2012 Wildwhuck added it
Shelves: cookbook
Just received my copy from First Reads giveaway. I've only skimmed a few recipes but they look quick and easy. Love they already have the nutritional and calorie count info for each recipe. There is way more illustration than I prefer but it's informative. Will definitely be testing a few recipes in the new year.
There are a ton of healthy living cookbooks around. This book provides excellent recipes, reminds me of a lot of info that I always need to be reminded of. However, this book is fun. Personally, I am tired of the preaching of many such cookbooks.
This is a fun cookbook. It lives up to its description of low-fat food made fun. For low fat recipes, the flavors are interesting, and the authors used some cooking techniques that were new to me but I've adopted them.
It's a bit corny, but a great idea. I found it hard to read the recipes and visualize the finished product sometimes because there are no photos. Book should lie flat.
I haven't tried the recipes yet, but I have marked many! In addition to easy to follow recipes, there are cartoons, funny tidbits, and substitution info all packed.
Jul 03, 2008 Gillian rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gillian by: Dianne Chalmers
I'm not one to really enjoy cooking, but this book actually motivates me to do so, so a great thanks to the authors! (I'm sure my family thanks you too!)
Great cook book. Lots of great recipes. Use this book all the time to cook up new ideas for old recipes. Low fat and low sugar but yummy.
Mar 07, 2011 Littlemissadventures rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who eats.
Shelves: cookbooks
This was one of the cookbooks of my childhood. Tastiness aside, it helped set me on a healthy path and taught me to enjoy real food.
We love these authors and their fun, informative and delicious recipes!
Just wish there were pictures!
It's a bit dated but there are some wonderful recipes (like the Rockin' Moroccan Soup!)
Good Cookbook, use it frequently and I love the added info like cooking tips in margins.
Nancy C
have been making their caesar salad dressing for years ... YUM!
Fun to read snippets and some good recipes.
Aug 04, 2011 Erika rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erika by: Beryl Stephens
Has some of my favourite recipes
I love this cookbook
Received a free copy if this through FirstReads and I'm super excited! The recipes are healthy and not super complex. It's filled with healthy tips and tidbits! I've already marked a bunch if recipes to try!!
Lee Krause
Lee Krause is currently reading it
Nov 26, 2015
Vickie added it
Nov 17, 2015
Belf is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2015
Anna S
Anna S marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
  • The Looneyspoons Collection : Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits Plus a Whole Lot More!
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
  • The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Extending the Table: A World Community Cookbook
  • The Best Light Recipe
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • A New Way to Cook
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
  • New Food Fast
  • Sunday Suppers at Lucques: Seasonal Recipes from Market to Table
  • Preserves (River Cottage Handbook, #2)
  • A Treasury of Great Recipes
  • Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites: Over 200 Best-Ever Recipes from the Weight Watchers Test Kitchens