Wrath (A John Reeves Novel)

Wrath (John Reeves #2)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The John Reeves Creed: "Kill them with kindness. Unless you have a gun."

John Reeves moves back to his childhood home and takes an easy job as a Private Investigator with an old high school friend. A grieving widow asks for help when the medical examiner unofficially labels her husband's bizarre death a suicide. John joins his brother Alan, a local police officer, to learn...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 28th 2012 by Kirkus MacGowan

To ask other readers questions about Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath

Eric
Having read The Fall Of Billy Hitchings , I was anxious to read this follow up effort from Mr. MacGowan. John Reeves is a character who you are forced to like almost immediately. He is an imperfect hero but possesses an unflappable sense of humor in conjunction with a sharp mind. This tale embarks down a macabre path from the outset and had me within its grip in short order. Deaths of a mysterious and improbable nature occur all over a small town and run the local police force ragged trying to k...more
Ricki Wilson
Coming on the heels of THE FALL OF BILLY HITCHINGS, the second, stand-alone John Reeves novel had much to live up to—and boy does it. WRATH is a grab-you-by-the-collar paranormal mystery of the highest caliber. The characters are folks we’d like to hang out with, the mystery is genius, and the pacing is impeccable. From page one this novel had me glued to my chair. It is an absorbing and rewarding adventure.

Kirkus MacGowan is most definitely an author to watch!

The Fall of Billy Hitchings
M.W. Duncan
Wrath is a impressive read. Building on the story from the first book, this story takes off with a few familiar characters. The story is great, full of hooks to keep you reading and guessing. The characters interesting and the plot really well thought out. About half way through I thought I knew how it would end. I was wrong. Kirkus keeps you guessing and writes masterfully! A great read. yet another book you should own!
J. Sharp
My first experience with a book by Kirkus MacGowan was his first novel release, The Fall of Billy Hitchings. I loved that book and found it impossible to put down. I loved the characters and the impossible situation that they found themselves in. I knew that Mr. MacGowan was writing another book and I wondered if he could pull it off. Could he write a book that rivaled “The Fall of Billy Hitchings?” Well, he not only can, but has in his new book “Wrath.”

John Reeves is back! The smart-ass ex-mar...more
Becky
Another first rate hit from Kirkus MacGowan! Love the characters. The Reeves brothers are so believable and captivating and this story keeps you guessing from one page to the next. I had the bad guy figured out but man, was I blown away by the reason and methods! I was going to compare Kirkus to James Patterson but I think he is going to surpass even that guy! I encourage anyone who loves a good whodunnit to read this book! A good whodunnit and more. I think they could make a good movie from thi...more
Holly
An action packed page turner! Wrath is written with such detail that you can actually visualize.

Readers travel along with Officer John Reeves, as he attempts to solve the twisted unexplained deaths happening in his community. What he does find will shock you!

As a first time reader of Author Kirkus MacGowan, cudos! You've gained a lifetime reader.
Alexis Jones
Like "Criminal Minds" on paper only minus the FBI part. This story took place in a small town setting with very real characters. I was on the edge of my seat at times and laughing out loud at others. Very fast paced read especially toward the end. Well done, Kirkus!
Gary
Kirkus hit a home run with Wrath. It is a real page turner that I read cover to cover in one day. I found the characters compelling and the interaction between the Reeves brothers added a great deal to the story. I can't wait for the next installment.
Surina Knott-craig
Excellent! Loved the suspense.... One of those books you just cant put down!!!!
Lavin Alimangohan
Lavin Alimangohan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Henri Schwilden
Henri Schwilden marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Lynsi
Lynsi added it
Jan 31, 2014
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Lyndi
Lyndi marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Kara Michalski
Kara Michalski marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Mhay Vargas
Mhay Vargas marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Senna Bloodmoon  Barrek
Senna Bloodmoon Barrek marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
David Titleman
David Titleman marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Stacy
Stacy added it
Jul 14, 2013
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Misty Seidel
Misty Seidel marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Kirkus MacGowan wrote his first book at age eight about traveling to Mars to find the cure for cancer. He put his writing dreams on hold for twenty-five years and focused his energies on playing baseball. He moved on when he found playing softball with his friends more enjoyable than his pipe dream.

Since then, he graduated with a B.S. in Psychology, married a woman too good to be true, and moved b...more
More about Kirkus MacGowan...
The Fall of Billy Hitchings (A John Reeves Novel) The Rookie (Flash Fiction) In Search of Nectar (A Short Story) One Night in Jail (A Short Story) Last Time I Cried