Start by marking “Mommy Midwife” as Want to Read:
Mommy Midwife

Mommy Midwife

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Almost nine months pregnant and on the way

Staying several moves ahead has kept Troy Weathers alive in the world's most explosive hot spots. So when this marine learns that Olivia Laughton is being stalked, he immediately takes her and their unborn child on the run. His instincts tell him it will require more than skill to keep them safe - and to prove just how much he want

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1368, 224 pages
Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Midwife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Midwife

Lisa Kay
Surprisingly good. Not super high on the "romantic suspense," but worth it for this fast read. ...more
Susan
Very good book. Ever since he found out she was pregnant with his child, Troy has been proposing to Olivia on a regular basis. When he came to visit her, he discovered she was being stalked and went into super protector mode. Olivia is a very independent woman and doesn't care to be thought of as Troy's responsibility. But she has no problem letting Troy protect her, especially when things really start to go bad. I really liked both Troy and Olivia. As a midwife, Olivia is used to having to thin ...more
Jacqueline
Decent enough rom suspense. I liked the way that he had been asking her to marry him for several months since he found out she was pregnant with his kid. She was not as sympathetic a character although she had a rationale reason for turning him down. She was TSTL at several points in the book. The suspense part was not real strong.
Patrice
Dec 29, 2012 Patrice rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance/intrigue readers
Shelves: 2012-books-read
I found this book to be different. I liked the concept and the characters. The story was believable and the main characters took on a life of their own. I was really routing for Troy Weathers to win over Olivia Laughton. Thanks for an enjoyable read Cassie Miles.
Margaret Fisk
It seems like I’m saying this more often than not lately, but while I don’t seek out the intrigue style of romances because of issues with the subgenre premise, Mommy Midwife managed to meet the genre expectations without the spur-of-the-moment relationships that bug me.

This novel starts hard and fast with Olivia reaching out for affirmation of life after losing a friend and client’s newborn son in a horrible car accident. She’s not looking for a comforting hug. She wants the unbridled passion,
Fedora
Olivia Laughton is nearly nine months pregnant. She's a midwife and loves her job, and is excited about the coming baby. She's been thankfully healthy and happy, except that Troy Weathers, the hard-bodied marine who is the baby's father, keeps proposing.

Olivia sought Troy out for some life-affirming sex one night nearly nine months ago after a particularly horrible emergency delivery gone awry. She had no expectations for a happily-ever-after but she can't seem to get the smart and persistent Tr
Book Him Danno
This is not a large book and it starts well. I enjoyed the story and the romance even though most of it was right before the baby was born, but a few things bothered me.
I didn’t like that it moved so fast and seemed to miss important details and things I wanted to know. Her parents had amazing lives and her sister also and yet the author just alluded to those and left the reader hanging.

Also the ending was too fast for me…I wanted more and I wanted the author to spend more time on the ending a
Julie Barrett
Mommy Midwife by Cassie Miles
Got this book as a gift for my opinions to Harlequin the past year. Being that I'm over 50 I'm not really interested in reading about how to birth a child and the process but I read the book anyways.
From the start the things I wanted to know about: the winter wonderland of Colorado and the bling and shimmer of the dinner party wasn't in the book. It starts with a pregnant woman and things that have happened to her in the past.
Her boyfriend and his brother come into p
Tima
One night about eight months ago a tragedy sent Olivia into Troy's arms. Now she is pregnant and determined to raise her little one on her own. She has a great job as a midwife and doesn't need a man complicating things. But when her life is threatened she agrees to let him guard her. What can be safer than having a marine close by.

I liked the suspense in the book. The author did a great job of creating tension and drama. I figured out who the main antagonist was almost right away, but not the
Debbie Heaton
In Miles’ romantic suspense novel, marine Troy Weathers learns that Olivia Laughton is pregnant with his child and also currently being stalked. Taking control of the situation, he moves Olivia and their unborn child. Suspecting the intel he’s been tracking as the culprit, he’s determined to keep them both safe. Olivia openly trusts Troy with their safety but struggles to protect her heart. But to survive, they will work close together to ensure the safety of their child’s future.

Kobie
interesting, worth the read, but I did wonder a few times if this was a spoof.
ok read figured out who was doing the stalking almost right away, the heroine was awful active for someone so close to having a baby and the ending was kind of cheesy with the stalkers last attempt.
Jen Taylor
This book was a great action and adventure novel with a little romance thrown in. It was fantastic! A great quick read for any lover of romance or adventure.
Nina
The plot was good, but the midwife, I don't know of any woman that would do the things she does when she is so close to having the baby,
Lori Howe
good story, good character development, good progression and good ending...
hey... what can I say... it was good. :-)
Adina
I received a free copy of this book from the Tell Harlequin Reader Panel. I thought this book was terrible.
Judy Smith
Very good book. Loved the plot. Cassie Miles is a great author!
Yajaira
Enjoyed the book and the plot was very interesting.
Tara
Good book, great characters, intriguing plot.
Ray
Exciting plot. This was a good quick read.
Nikita Isaac
Great story. Wonderful plot and characters!
Isis
Didn't do it for me.
Kate
boring and predictable.
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Kerry
Kerry added it
Mar 11, 2015
Megan Scott
Megan Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Denise West-Brooks
Denise West-Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cassie grew up in a small town at the very tip of southern Illinois. A tomboy, she spent most of her time outside and got into big trouble for breaking the trellis while climbing out her second-story bedroom window.

When her family moved to L.A., major culture shock ensued. She discovered that grapefruits grew on trees, television offered more than two channels, and all the other girls had breasts.
More about Cassie Miles...
Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1) Criminally Handsome (Kenner County Crime Unit, #4) Unforgettable Baby Battalion (Daddy Corps, #6) Lock, Stock and Secret Baby