Start by marking “Flee: A Short Story” as Want to Read:
Flee: A Short Story

Flee: A Short Story

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Flee: A Short Story is the prequel to the Soul Eaters: An African Elemental Novel. After the death of her grandmother, Shania Moore, a 27-year old African-American woman is tormented by her ex-boyfriend and a paranormal serial killer. When Shania falls into a dream realm and connects with an ancient African Goddess, her earth magic awakens. Shania realizes that in order to ...more
Published 2012 by ffpincolor

To ask other readers questions about Flee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flee

Kelbian Noel
I enjoyed this short story. It is a lot to digest, but since it's a prequel that's easy to forgive. Short stories aren't easy to get just right. But I was very intrigued and can't stop thinking about Shania's journey to Atlanta. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm really looking forward this series. It's a new and original concept. and refreshing addition to the fantasy genre.

A more thorough review to come the blog.
Rell
Fairly good! I kept wanting to read more and more and when I finally got to the end I was a little ticked off because the next book is not released until July. Perhaps I can remember to purchase it. Now I remember why I don't read books unless the entire story line has been released.
D.K.
I enjoyed Flee. It's a short lead-in to a full length novel giving some background on the characters. Looking forward to read The Soul Eaters.
Deleyna Marr
As a mother of a young girl, I find this terrifying. Alicia is a wonderful writer, creating vivid images that will haunt your nightmares.
Cherese A. Vines
Flee by Alicia McCalla is a short story about Shania. Her grandmother has just died and she is dealing with a number of serious issues. One such issue is an alcoholic ex-boyfriend who quickly becomes a danger to Shania and her young daughter. On the surface this could be a Lifetime movie about domestic violence and stalking, but there are supernatural elements that quickly come into play. Reading this as a short story is like eating a caramel and trying to chew it, getting it stuck in your back ...more
KG
Kay
It had some interesting elements, but the execution failed to deliver a coherent story.
Tasha
Color me confused...this book started off with promise. There were so many elements for a great story...death of a family matriarch, unrequited love, a secret child, love that hasn't been revealed, and more. As the plot began to unfold as characters were revealed, as soon as the supernatural elements were firmly introduced, BAM! The story ended. MIT felt abrupt and incomplete, and I'm hoping that this is a prequel to what will be an amazing read in months to come.
Lizzie
Confusing story that ends before it even gets started. Had an interesting plot that needed more developing.
Tyhitia
Wow. Good prequel. I can't wait to read the rest of this storyline.
Stacey
Interesting story line, cant wait to read the series.
Kima
So poorly executed.
Iashia
Iashia marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Denetta Banks
Denetta Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Maebelle richardson
Maebelle richardson marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
KaliMia
KaliMia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Monique Jackson-Sanchez
Monique Jackson-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Auntie_roni
Auntie_roni marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
It took thirty years for Alicia to accept her calling as a writer of "unusual stories." Always writing edgy tales that pushed the envelope. She learned to hide her violent, heart-pumping,and tragically romantic stories from family and friends.

It wasn't until she joined RWA that she began to share her stories openly and take the plunge. Alicia writes for both new adults and adults with her brand of
More about Alicia McCalla...
Breaking Free Iniko Possibilities: A State of Black SF Flash Fiction Anthology Possibilities Origins of An African Elemental: A Soul Eater Boxed Set (The Soul Eater Book 1)