Start by marking “Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)

Flame Moon (Flame Moon #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,478 ratings  ·  141 reviews
Skye Walters thought waking up on the side of a river with no memory was her biggest problem. She had no idea that the man who had saved her from drowning, the man she now depended on, Aiden, was more than mere mortal. A warrior of ancient.

No memory, nowhere to go, Skye stays in the mountain town, only to discover she herself, has unexplained powers. Her life, her destiny,
Published August 3rd 2012 by AWD Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flame Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame Moon

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really was intrigued first of all by the cover. Even though it is simple, the color really makes it pop and stand out to an eye that is scrolling through on the screen. The concept of a different take on gods and goddesses was excellent, unique, and inventive.

Skye was a great strong-willed character. I liked how she had her own ideas that she was not afraid to express, especially to Aiden, who most people were afraid
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
OMG!!! This is so cool. I can’t believe how intense the mythology behind this story was. I was completely taken by the twist on the Greek Pantheon and the brilliant explanation behind it. Jackson creates a whole new world based on a very, very old concept and immerses readers in it in a manner that cannot be beat.

The characters in this story are just amazing. They are all such complete people. Some of them may be a little off of their rockers, but that is just their personalities, not a lack of
Shambhawi P.
3.5 Stars

This book was a pleasant surprise. I honestly did not expect to like it as much as I did. Being so busy with my colleges and classes this past month I had not had enough time to properly read a book (depressing...i know!) and Flame Moon was a great book for me to get back into the reading wagon.

The story starts with Skye waking up on a riverbank having not a single memory of her past. Skye was a tricky, volatile character but I really liked the way she was growing throughout the book an
Amanda P
I found this book when I was doing my free Kindle eBook posts and was immediately intrigued. A mysterious young woman with strange powers, an ancient warrior, sounded like a win to me and I wasn’t wrong. I ended up really enjoying this tale.

What I wasn’t expecting was this was a new take on Gods and Godesses, however in this book they are actually called Panthenites it’s actually the humans that gave them the title of gods. They are not actually gods but a long lived species with special powers
-Urban Fantasy outdoor, romance y mitología revisada.-

Género. Narrativa Fantástica.

Lo que nos cuenta. Aiden es un guerrero que lleva cientos de años en primera línea de batalla contra el enemigo, pero que considera que ya ha llegado la hora de retirarse. Más de veinte años después, es el encargado de una tienda de deportes de aventura que, durante un descenso de rápidos en kayak, ve como su cliente se golpea la cabeza con mucha fuerza y casi se ahoga. La cliente, Skye, ha perdido la memoria y en
This story gives a whole new twist on the Gods and Goddesses of myth as well as a little romance and adventure. It is the first book in what is to be a series and I look forward to seeing the story unfold in the upcoming books.
Wow what a book Flame Moon was great. I just loved it. This book sucked me in from the first page and there was no turning back. I completely devoured this book. First off love Greek mythology, I loved how the mixed It into the story. The pace and story line was great. There was a lot of ups and down. Some parts would get really intense and you could feel the emotions coming off the pages.

I really loved the main Skye. She went through a lot of emotional stuff. Skye was the most realist and relat
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book very much. I was a little uncertain when I began the book and I was a little confused as to what was going on, but (I think) it was designed that way for the reader. Thus there was a lot of suspense. Even the "Prologue" drew me in right away because of the intrigue and wondering what it is that Aiden had done, what his "sins" of the past were.

"Chapter 1" baffled me as well. With a first sentence that says, "The sh
Trully Sunee
Oct 16, 2012 Trully Sunee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone; but not below legal age
Recommended to Trully by: a friend
Sometimes mythology can be boring and very predictable. When reading the summary of what the book was about I thought, "Sounds like mythology & that's not a genre I like." However, this book wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't a book that would be considered about mythology. It was a book that spoke on it, but it was able to look at what humans think mythology is and what it came to be. Meaning, there are terms used by humans to describe Zeus, Apollo, Athena, Opolla, Hercules, etc. There ...more
Apart from very few typos, this was an excellent novel. I got closure - something very hard to find in non-dramatic literature these days. Most people think a series should end the first book with no real character resolution, no plot resolution or anything. This author stunned me with her willingness to give us a full story (with all the highs and lows that that implies) in one riveting go. Bravo!

And then no one was allowed to wallow in self pity; something that many authors nowadays consider a
The story got bogged down about halfway thru but overall I enjoyed it! Good vs evil but turns out to be just shades of gray. Descendants of gods have some of their powers. Halfbreeds are considered evil. Skye has amnesia but comes into her powers! Is she a Pantheonian or a Malevic?
4.5 This was really freaking good. Mythology mixed with action and a beautiful romance. This book gave me a full range of emotions. What do you do when all your emotions have been tortured out of you? That moment truly had me worried. I loved warrior Aiden he was so fiercely protective but had no problem kicking Skye's butt into shape. And Skye would lost all her memories never had a pity party. She just fought for what she needed and wanted. She was truly a strong woman. Lastly I loved their fr ...more
Kimberly K
3.5 stars. Potentially even 4.

I downloaded this free from the iBooks store. Generally when I download a freebie, I don't expect much. I'm reading for a fluffy pass-time. However, this one pleasantly surprised me. It was pretty original. The paranormal aspect was a take I hadn't read before. There were things,writing wise, the hay could have been developed better. But as a whole, the book is pretty solid. I even liked it enough I paid to download the second in the series.

I really liked the char
Decent enough. Could use more worldbuilding (see spoiler below), there's a lot of "this is how it is" with no explanation. The romance didn't really do it for me either. There was nothing outrageously bad or awful, just, nothing spectacularly good either.

Certainly worth reading if you picked it up free like I did (it's definitely more competently written than the majority of the freebies I grab) but I probably won't continue the series.

(view spoiler)
I really really loved this book! It was one of those just sitting in my kindle carousel for a while and I had forgotten what it was about. I just started reading not even knowing what the book was about. I had no idea what a ride I was in for!

I really liked Skye. She is a strong female lead with more mystery about her than normal. She doesn't even know everything about her! Aiden is the sexy male lead. There are some fantastically steamy parts that kept me up when I was supposed to be sleeping b
Liala ~ The Goddess of Books ~ Starr
A different tale on a story about the goods and goddesses

This rating was given because of the unique way this story was written. The his and goddesses are actually here on earth and they still have their own mountain. The story is well thought out, written and expressed.

I liked our heroine Skye because of her core of steal. Skye is strong of character, spirit and heart. The trials that Skye has too endure through this book elicits a wide range of feelings from you. I mean she wakes up on the ban
Quick synopsis:

Skye, wakes up disoriented and not knowing who she is. With this the adventure begins. It felt fast paced which I loved, it sucked me in had some sexy scenes without making the whole book about that. Yeah! I love it when their is spice but a story that makes it more than that.

Aiden, Charlotte and Triaten, are the best I would love them as friends.

Can't wait to read more.

Just a hint: gods do exists.. :-)

A new twist and I hope a second book! I loved the two main characters and their ups and downs. I usually get tired of a romance because I feel that they become predictable(man falls for women, women falls for man, something happens and they fight then they get over it some how and get back together). This book was a new twist on that and I did not want it to end! I loved this love story, it is a must read!
I'm glad this was a free ebook, because otherwise I would have felt bad about wasting money on this. Then again, I didn't really expect anything deep or mind blowing. I was actually suprised by the decent writing, at least when it comes to the descriptions. The rest — plot, dialogue, characters, — were meh. Still, I'm giving it two stars because it does have some potential.
What I can't accept is how Aiden's possessive behavior is portrayed as normal, even romantic, instead of entirely unhealthy.
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

I'll admit it--I had lower expectations for Flame Moon. But when I finally read it, I was very pleased. The story follows Skye, a girl who goes on a kayaking trip in Colorado, falls in the river, and wakes up with no memory. Without a memory, or really anything else, she is forced to depend on a group of people who are willing to help her until she can figure out where she came from, where she was going, and what she was doing. A group t
I came across this book on a freebe from the amazon. I just read a lil about it and was interested in reading it. Turns out that this was pretty good. I was shocked myself to enjoy this book and how different it was.
April Hesler
Though slightly confusing, this is a very good and well written book. I love anything with Greek mythology, no matter how twisted or crazy it is... it intrigues me. What the author did with Greek mythology was purely fascinating.

Skye bumped her head and forgot everything... and the folks who are taking care of her aren't exactly helping her remember. As pieces start falling into place, she discovers she's part of a world that you wouldn't believe existed... an offspring of the Greek gods themsel
Oct 07, 2014 Sammii rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: kindle
Good as a stand alone book I suppose, I fail to see where the story can go other than be a repeat of the love fiasco that is the two main characters. Read more like a romance/drama the fantasy took a back seat.

People appear to banging on about the mythological aspects for some reason. You are given a fleeting glimpse of the rich history that the author could have woven in. They didn't weave it in, it isn't there only names are mentioned.

Malefics, really? HOW ORIGINAL. All I'm going to say, I d
Very creative story, intriguing characters, great chemistry between the hero and heroine. Loved it! Can't wait for the next one!
Torn between 3/4

I see this book having three parts. It could easily be separated into a mini trilogy, and it was a good read. I think it was good on the author for making it one, and I liked it a lot. The characters were fun, entertaining, erred on the side of human, etcetera. It takes a new spin on mythology, and how "Gods" we're interpreted into Greek mythology.

Part 1: Memory Loss
Skye wakes up on a river bank next to Aiden. Aiden takes responsibility for her, and we learn the town and the mou
Spellbound Reviews
This story is thrilling, exciting, unique and creative. For fans of mythology, this is a must read. The new take on the old mythological legends is refreshing. I mean, descendants of the gods living right in our back yards? Yes, please. Not to mention, hunky, super-strong man meets irate, amnesia-struck woman? Who could resist?

While there are plots and sub-plots within this story, it was a fun read. Nothing was too dramatic, nothing too dull. Hell, I even liked the dog.

For readers of paranorma
For starters, The beginning did intrigue me, the story flowed well, and I didn't find any editing issue up the 64% of it. That being said, I felt nothing for this story. The erotic sizzle, well was more like a small dwindling flame that could go out at any moment. The intimate scenes were a paragraph at best and was more like a skim over just point out the obvious stuff. Not a real connection to the reader was established to convey how passionate they were. I just didn't buy it. The story was dr ...more
I enjoyed this book well enough, I guess; but, I would say, it was pretty formulaic both in the romance and the good vs. evil. The romance between Skye and Aiden wasn’t filled out enough. Sorry but Skye and Aiden “fell in love” way too fast and they got out of that cave way too easily. Also, the scene as the prologue where Aiden was looking at the wall of pictures wasn’t given enough “flesh” in the rest of the book. It appeared that it would be a part of the story, but disappointingly it was giv ...more
This book appeared as a free eBook and I have an eye for a bargain. Very well written, interesting take greek mythology, although I have to say although it started with a bang it ended on a relative low point for me. As the book is part of a series I thought that it would follow further on what I thought were the central characters but it appears not be the case.

It is however very well worth a read, the dialogue between the protagonists is great, the themes are interwoven well with the mytholog
Free on Amazon for 3 days...Friday Saturday & Sunday
  • Dark Rapture
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Highland Shift (Highland Destiny, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior Series, Book 1)
  • Fallon (Angels of the Knights, #1)
  • The Light Within Me (Six Saviors, #1)
  • Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
  • Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1)
  • Rocky (Tales of the Were, #3, The Others, #1)
  • Hunter's Blood: Special Edition (Cursed by Blood, #1)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Blood Singers (Blood, #1)
  • Midnight Fire (Rise of the Dark Angel #1)
  • A Soul For Trouble (Soulbearer, #1)
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • Forbidden Forest (The Legends of Regia, #1)

Flame Moon (3 books)
  • Triple Infinity (Flame Moon, #2)
  • Flux Flame (Flame Moon, #3)
Stone Devil Duke (Hold Your Breath, #1) Triple Infinity (Flame Moon, #2) Flux Flame (Flame Moon, #3) Unmasking the Marquess (Hold Your Breath, #2) My Captain, My Earl (Hold Your Breath, #3)