Start by marking “Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flame Moon (Flame Moon, #1)

Flame Moon (Flame Moon #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  977 ratings  ·  103 reviews
Skye Walters thought waking up on the side of a river with no memory was her biggest problem. She had no idea that the man who had saved her from drowning, the man she now depended on, Aiden, was more than mere mortal. A warrior of ancient.

No memory, nowhere to go, Skye stays in the mountain town, only to discover she herself, has unexplained powers. Her life, her destiny,
Published August 3rd 2012 by AWD Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flame Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame Moon

Lauren
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really was intrigued first of all by the cover. Even though it is simple, the color really makes it pop and stand out to an eye that is scrolling through on the screen. The concept of a different take on gods and goddesses was excellent, unique, and inventive.

Skye was a great strong-willed character. I liked how she had her own ideas that she was not afraid to express, especially to Aiden, who most people were afraid
Shambhawi P.
3.5 Stars

This book was a pleasant surprise. I honestly did not expect to like it as much as I did. Being so busy with my colleges and classes this past month I had not had enough time to properly read a book (depressing...i know!) and Flame Moon was a great book for me to get back into the reading wagon.

The story starts with Skye waking up on a riverbank having not a single memory of her past. Skye was a tricky, volatile character but I really liked the way she was growing throughout the book an
Amanda P
I found this book when I was doing my free Kindle eBook posts and was immediately intrigued. A mysterious young woman with strange powers, an ancient warrior, sounded like a win to me and I wasn’t wrong. I ended up really enjoying this tale.

What I wasn’t expecting was this was a new take on Gods and Godesses, however in this book they are actually called Panthenites it’s actually the humans that gave them the title of gods. They are not actually gods but a long lived species with special powers
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
OMG!!! This is so cool. I can’t believe how intense the mythology behind this story was. I was completely taken by the twist on the Greek Pantheon and the brilliant explanation behind it. Jackson creates a whole new world based on a very, very old concept and immerses readers in it in a manner that cannot be beat.

The characters in this story are just amazing. They are all such complete people. Some of them may be a little off of their rockers, but that is just their personalities, not a lack of
Olethros
-Urban Fantasy outdoor, romance y mitología revisada.-

Género. Narrativa Fantástica.

Lo que nos cuenta. Aiden es un guerrero que lleva cientos de años en primera línea de batalla contra el enemigo, pero que considera que ya ha llegado la hora de retirarse. Más de veinte años después, es el encargado de una tienda de deportes de aventura que, durante un descenso de rápidos en kayak, ve como su cliente se golpea la cabeza con mucha fuerza y casi se ahoga. La cliente, Skye, ha perdido la memoria y en
Raven
This story gives a whole new twist on the Gods and Goddesses of myth as well as a little romance and adventure. It is the first book in what is to be a series and I look forward to seeing the story unfold in the upcoming books.
Vicki
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book very much. I was a little uncertain when I began the book and I was a little confused as to what was going on, but (I think) it was designed that way for the reader. Thus there was a lot of suspense. Even the "Prologue" drew me in right away because of the intrigue and wondering what it is that Aiden had done, what his "sins" of the past were.

"Chapter 1" baffled me as well. With a first sentence that says, "The sh
Trully Sunee
Oct 16, 2012 Trully Sunee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone; but not below legal age
Recommended to Trully by: a friend
Sometimes mythology can be boring and very predictable. When reading the summary of what the book was about I thought, "Sounds like mythology & that's not a genre I like." However, this book wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't a book that would be considered about mythology. It was a book that spoke on it, but it was able to look at what humans think mythology is and what it came to be. Meaning, there are terms used by humans to describe Zeus, Apollo, Athena, Opolla, Hercules, etc. There ...more
Sasha
Apart from very few typos, this was an excellent novel. I got closure - something very hard to find in non-dramatic literature these days. Most people think a series should end the first book with no real character resolution, no plot resolution or anything. This author stunned me with her willingness to give us a full story (with all the highs and lows that that implies) in one riveting go. Bravo!

And then no one was allowed to wallow in self pity; something that many authors nowadays consider a
Hbeebti
4.5 This was really freaking good. Mythology mixed with action and a beautiful romance. This book gave me a full range of emotions. What do you do when all your emotions have been tortured out of you? That moment truly had me worried. I loved warrior Aiden he was so fiercely protective but had no problem kicking Skye's butt into shape. And Skye would lost all her memories never had a pity party. She just fought for what she needed and wanted. She was truly a strong woman. Lastly I loved their fr ...more
Roxanne
I really really loved this book! It was one of those just sitting in my kindle carousel for a while and I had forgotten what it was about. I just started reading not even knowing what the book was about. I had no idea what a ride I was in for!

I really liked Skye. She is a strong female lead with more mystery about her than normal. She doesn't even know everything about her! Aiden is the sexy male lead. There are some fantastically steamy parts that kept me up when I was supposed to be sleeping b
Liala ~ The Goddess of Books ~ Starr
A different tale on a story about the goods and goddesses

This rating was given because of the unique way this story was written. The his and goddesses are actually here on earth and they still have their own mountain. The story is well thought out, written and expressed.

I liked our heroine Skye because of her core of steal. Skye is strong of character, spirit and heart. The trials that Skye has too endure through this book elicits a wide range of feelings from you. I mean she wakes up on the ban
Dana
Quick synopsis:

Skye, wakes up disoriented and not knowing who she is. With this the adventure begins. It felt fast paced which I loved, it sucked me in had some sexy scenes without making the whole book about that. Yeah! I love it when their is spice but a story that makes it more than that.

Aiden, Charlotte and Triaten, are the best I would love them as friends.

Can't wait to read more.

Just a hint: gods do exists.. :-)

Amanda
A new twist and I hope a second book! I loved the two main characters and their ups and downs. I usually get tired of a romance because I feel that they become predictable(man falls for women, women falls for man, something happens and they fight then they get over it some how and get back together). This book was a new twist on that and I did not want it to end! I loved this love story, it is a must read!
Chelsea
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

I'll admit it--I had lower expectations for Flame Moon. But when I finally read it, I was very pleased. The story follows Skye, a girl who goes on a kayaking trip in Colorado, falls in the river, and wakes up with no memory. Without a memory, or really anything else, she is forced to depend on a group of people who are willing to help her until she can figure out where she came from, where she was going, and what she was doing. A group t
Yanette
I came across this book on a freebe from the amazon. I just read a lil about it and was interested in reading it. Turns out that this was pretty good. I was shocked myself to enjoy this book and how different it was.
April Hesler
Though slightly confusing, this is a very good and well written book. I love anything with Greek mythology, no matter how twisted or crazy it is... it intrigues me. What the author did with Greek mythology was purely fascinating.

Skye bumped her head and forgot everything... and the folks who are taking care of her aren't exactly helping her remember. As pieces start falling into place, she discovers she's part of a world that you wouldn't believe existed... an offspring of the Greek gods themsel
Valine
I really enjoyed this book. I thought it had the right amount of mystery, suspense, and love all tied up in one great package. I liked that it wasn't overly angsty, and the 'cave scene' near the end, wasn't too graphic that I wanted to stop reading. I hate reading about that stuff. While I do wish there was more build to the romance, I liked the overall chemistry between the two main characters. Unlike some other books I read recently, this one doesn't end with a cliffhanger, but left enough thi ...more
Sammii
Oct 07, 2014 Sammii rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: kindle
Good as a stand alone book I suppose, I fail to see where the story can go other than be a repeat of the love fiasco that is the two main characters. Read more like a romance/drama the fantasy took a back seat.

People appear to banging on about the mythological aspects for some reason. You are given a fleeting glimpse of the rich history that the author could have woven in. They didn't weave it in, it isn't there only names are mentioned.

Malefics, really? HOW ORIGINAL. All I'm going to say, I do
Elizabeth
Very creative story, intriguing characters, great chemistry between the hero and heroine. Loved it! Can't wait for the next one!
Spellbound Reviews
This story is thrilling, exciting, unique and creative. For fans of mythology, this is a must read. The new take on the old mythological legends is refreshing. I mean, descendants of the gods living right in our back yards? Yes, please. Not to mention, hunky, super-strong man meets irate, amnesia-struck woman? Who could resist?

While there are plots and sub-plots within this story, it was a fun read. Nothing was too dramatic, nothing too dull. Hell, I even liked the dog.

For readers of paranorma
Rowan
I enjoyed this book well enough, I guess; but, I would say, it was pretty formulaic both in the romance and the good vs. evil. The romance between Skye and Aiden wasn’t filled out enough. Sorry but Skye and Aiden “fell in love” way too fast and they got out of that cave way too easily. Also, the scene as the prologue where Aiden was looking at the wall of pictures wasn’t given enough “flesh” in the rest of the book. It appeared that it would be a part of the story, but disappointingly it was giv ...more
Vicky
This book appeared as a free eBook and I have an eye for a bargain. Very well written, interesting take greek mythology, although I have to say although it started with a bang it ended on a relative low point for me. As the book is part of a series I thought that it would follow further on what I thought were the central characters but it appears not be the case.

It is however very well worth a read, the dialogue between the protagonists is great, the themes are interwoven well with the mytholog
MissyDevoursDelishReads
Free on Amazon for 3 days...Friday Saturday & Sunday
Toni
Flame Moon was a great read if you're looking for a story that you haven't read yet. The premise of it is new and was written in a way that not only motivates you to read the story but draws you into it, making you feel like you need answers along with the main character, Skye.

The only thing I would have changed would be the ending because it all ended too quickly. I wanted more of Aiden and his Herculean strength and I wanted more details into what the Flame Moon means.

Give me the next book in
Rhomy
3.5 stars :)

What to say about FLAME MOON?
I jumped into it completely unaware of what I would find.
Was I disappointed? No at all. Was I super impressed? Neither.

I could say this is a 3.5 stars book.
It is good and leaves some unfinished business in the end, suggesting perhaps an upcoming sequel.
The premise is nice. A little paranormal romance mixed with some mythology. I enjoyed it because it is very original but In any way I look at it, there is something missing from the story.

The characters are
Stephanie Wolf
Skye was suddenly awakened by a hulk of a man. Only problem was, she had no memory. A bad case of amnesia left her not knowing who she was, where she way, why she was or how she came to be by a river. After a time, bits and pieces of fragments of her memory came back, a stabbing, being underwater with her sister and nearly drowning. With the help and support of Aiden, the hulk of a man who rescued her from the river, Charlotte and Triaten, they helped her deal day to day to try to remember her p ...more
Turtles
Despite the reasonable length of the book, I haven't been left with much of an impression. Perhaps the book just didn't move me. I felt the author took time to let the relationship between Skye and Aiden build. Maybe too much time because, once it was mentioned, I remembered their interactions being too subtle to allude to affection. Skye is a seeming normal person dropped in on a valley populated by Partheins (lesser Gods of a sort). Despite their opposition being the Malefics (unoriginal name ...more
Cat
Aside from a few things, I really enjoyed this book. I'm not sure I'm "justified" in liking it though...

Let's start with the negatives:
- errors: wrong words (site vs. sight, etc), missing words
- repetitiveness: the number of times a character (one in particular) 'collapses'
- the use of the word 'drug' as the past tense of 'drag' (this really bothered me...I know I'm anal)
- characters that lacked depth, motivation, and background information (this made it hard to understand why characters were do
Samantha
This book was a nice change from the norm. It was fun to read about gods/goddesses, but I don't think there was enough description to really pull me into the history of their people.

I like a good love scene as much as the next girl but these were (shrug) well I skipped over all of them after the first one. At the end when the were bantering about his size I actually rolled my eyes.

I got this book for free so I can't complain too much. I won't be picking up the sequel.
  • Highland Shift (Highland Destiny, #1)
  • Darkness Awakened (Order of the Blade #1)
  • Save My Soul (Save My Soul, #1)
  • Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1)
  • The Descent Series: Vol.1 (Descent, #1-3)
  • The Light Within Me (Six Saviors, #1)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • Fallon (Angels of the Knights, #1)
  • Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles #1)
  • Blood Singers (Blood, #1)
  • Fearless (King, #1)
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Angel Fire (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy #1)
  • A Death Displaced (Lansin Island, #1)
  • Rest For The Wicked (The Claire Wiche Chronicles, #1)
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
Triple Infinity (Flame Moon, #2) Flux Flame (Flame Moon, #3) Stone Devil Duke (Hold Your Breath, #1) Unmasking the Marquess (A Hold Your Breath Novel Book 2)