Start by marking “Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games, #1)

Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  351 ratings  ·  29 reviews
A dedicated scientist, Laura Manning has an I.Q. that's off the charts. But beneath her pristine white lab coat is a curvaceous body that craves satisfaction. She finds it hard keeping her mind on the experiment and off what's under the lab coat of her bad boy research partner, Jay Cutler, whom she's working with to develop a libido suppressant, an "antidote" for a society ...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Avon Red (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure Control

Praj
Jan 15, 2011 Praj rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: wwwwwh
Q: What hibernates snubbing the imposed sporadic euthermic arousals?

A: My libido after reading this book.

Jill Dunlop
Pleasure Control is book one of Cathryn Fox's Pleasure Game series. Laura Manning is a scientist working on discovering a potion to inhibit a man's libido. For a long time she has had a crush on her lab partner Jay Cutler. With a deadline for the potion hanging over them, Jay suggests Laura try the potion on him and then seduce him to see if it works. Against her better judgment Laura goes along with the plan.

Pleasure Control was an okay read for me. This book kind of gets the kiss of death I gu
Zeek
Pleasure Control was a dud for me. Too abrupt. Not the prose- the story. Suddenly we were in the midst of a culmination of apparently years of secret lust between the hero and heroine, Jay "Wildman" Cutler and Laura Manning, and I just couldn’t get into it- despite the loaded sex. (Yeah, I didn’t buy that either.)

It has potential, but a few things held it back.

First, "Wildman" Jay didn’t seem all that wild to me. Oh, he supposedly knew how to pleasure the women, but other than that, I couldn’t s
Katherine O'Grady
I bought this one from kobo.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief. I'm really good at it. But this book defeated me. The behavior by these so-called scientists was beyond unethical, it was dangerous and stupid. The sexy times were awkward between hero and heroine. There was an overwhelming amount of clunky inner monologue and saying-not-showing between the hero and heroine. I'm not going to read anything by this author again. This is the third book by her I've read and I'm done.
Angela
"I didn't like it" may be too harsh - I didn't like this as a piece of erotica, but it was amusing in how poorly written a lot of it was. Lots of purple prose and euphemisms for body parts. And what a ridiculous, thin plot.
Pamela
Two scientists, Laura Manning and Jay Coulter, are developing an anti-libido drug. During testing, using themselves as subjects, they inadvertently use a libido increasing drug. A competing company tries to steal the anti-libido drug.

Sounds good, right? Wrong! There is no romance, intrigue or mystery; the dialogue during sex is downright corny. The characters aren't well developed. All-in-all it's a mess, at least IMHO. I would be demanding a refund if I didn't borrow Pleasure Control from my
Rakisha
Pleasure Control was a short and moderately sexy read with little conflict between two scientists. One is love 'em and leave 'em Jay and the other is "nerdy girl" Laura. Their back stories felt shoe horned in, and never really fully explored although the story relationship Jay had with his mother is mentioned often. I also think there was an overuse of euphemisms for intercourse and the names of body parts. The channel is tunnel where a train runs from the UK to France shouldn't be used to descr ...more
Tessa
I didn't think it was terrible. This is what I call a fluff book. Being a small easy read that I use in between my big series so that I can shift my mind from previous characters that I got attached too. This book specifically was extremely unrealistic and very abrupt. In 2 weeks they went from not speaking out side of work to engaged.... Love the fact that the protagonist was a curvy woman not a "carrot stick"!
J.M. Stewart
Well written, fun, but sexy, lovely connection between the characters. ONly thing I didn't like was the heroine's low self esteem. She was very down on herself. She would see the hero have eyes only for her, notice him flirting with her, etc, then explain it all away. Even after they were intimate, she had all these reasons why he couldn't possibly be interested in her, and after a while, I just didn't buy it anymore.

But, all in all, it was a good, enjoyable read.
Ale Rivero
Jun 21, 2012 Ale Rivero rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Muy recomendable
Un poco de todo

Ciencia, amor, sexo, acción... esta novela aunque cortita lo tiene todo. =)
Jay y Laura, los científicos protagonistas saben llevar adelante una relación que va madurando a lo largo que transcurre la historia, aunque la llama siempre ha estado ahí.
Con muchas escenas rescatables, entre graciosas, románticas y demás Placer bajo control no debería dejar de leerse.
Jessica
Sure it had steamy love scenes, but without an investment in the characters it was boring. Did they really overcome any obstacles. They say, "I love you," but there was little emotional investment in their relationship. Ok debut, but I like my characters a little more meaty.
Ugh, this book was terribly BORING. That about sums it up for my review. Boring character, boring sex...I didn't even enjoy the writing style. There was ZERO sparkage.. I didn't even waste my time finishing this novel before I deleted it from my Kindle.
Kristin
I read this book in spanish while I was traveling Spain....it's erotic, but I wouldn't exactly call it erotica. I think I'll read the next one in the series in english since I don't think it has come out yet in spanish...
April
It has been a little while since I read this series but as I recall it was a yummy smexy read. Loads of steam to really warm a gal up!! Quick and light reading with all sorts of hot and heavy action!!
Gail
This book was LOVE potion #10! Totally enjoyed the long drawn out sex between Laura and Jay! Well written, both Laura and Jay were totally real. This was a great read.
Amy
Very easy read. I little bit of an actual story line, however, it was pretty unrealistic. The sex scenes were okay. I'll probably read the second book.
Kathy Alarcon
Una historia que te deja con ganas. Saltos de tiempo necesarios y algo fantasioso. Bonita redacción, buen entendimiento y espectacular trama. :)
elly
it was fun, lovely and sexy... with a really interesting plot! it made science look hot (?)
Jennww2ns
Don't. Just don't. This isn't a well written book. There's nothing about it that is appealing.
Jeffrey
Good storyline. I would not call this erotica. I would call it erotic.
Mandi
There was not much of a story line. So I was bored with most of the book.
Karen
A bit unbelievable to start, but good story overall.
Dana Sugg
Typical smut. Writing was so so. Quick read.
Kylie
Jun 03, 2012 Kylie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Recommended to Kylie by: Good Reads
Another quick easy read. Enjoyed it.
Sharon Loumakis
lovely story couldn`t put it down!! ;)
Jan
was lacking a good storyline
  • Bit by the Bug (Matthews Sisters #1)
  • Wrapped in Seduction
  •  Seasons of Seduction III
  • Swing
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Strictly Taboo (Trek Mi Q'an, #4.5)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • What Happens In Vegas...: Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal
  • Dinah's Dark Desire (Dinah's Desire #1)
  • Taming Him
  • Sins of Midnight
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Secrets (Volume, #15) (Satisfy Your Desire for More)
  • Tease
  • Seduced By Magic (Magical Seduction, #1)
  • No Ordinary Love Story (The Diary of a Submissive #2)
  • Total Surrender
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more
More about Cathryn Fox...

Pleasure Games (3 books)
  • Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)
Hold Me Down Hard One on One All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1) His Strings to Pull (In the Line of Duty) Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)