Start by marking “Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games, #1)

Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games #1)

A dedicated scientist, Laura Manning has an I.Q. that's off the charts. But beneath her pristine white lab coat is a curvaceous body that craves satisfaction. She finds it hard keeping her mind on the experiment and off what's under the lab coat of her bad boy research partner, Jay Cutler, whom she's working with to develop a libido suppressant, an "antidote" for a societ

Published November 7th 2006 by Avon Red (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure Control

Praj
Jan 14, 2011 Praj rated it did not like it
Shelves: wwwwwh
Q: What hibernates snubbing the imposed sporadic euthermic arousals?

A: My libido after reading this book.

Jill Dunlop
Feb 26, 2010 Jill Dunlop rated it liked it
Shelves: rt-2009
Pleasure Control is book one of Cathryn Fox's Pleasure Game series. Laura Manning is a scientist working on discovering a potion to inhibit a man's libido. For a long time she has had a crush on her lab partner Jay Cutler. With a deadline for the potion hanging over them, Jay suggests Laura try the potion on him and then seduce him to see if it works. Against her better judgment Laura goes along with the plan.

Pleasure Control was an okay read for me. This book kind of gets the kiss of death I gu
Zeek
Pleasure Control was a dud for me. Too abrupt. Not the prose- the story. Suddenly we were in the midst of a culmination of apparently years of secret lust between the hero and heroine, Jay "Wildman" Cutler and Laura Manning, and I just couldn’t get into it- despite the loaded sex. (Yeah, I didn’t buy that either.)

It has potential, but a few things held it back.

First, "Wildman" Jay didn’t seem all that wild to me. Oh, he supposedly knew how to pleasure the women, but other than that, I couldn’t s
Emily
Dec 27, 2016 Emily rated it it was ok

Picked this up on a whim at my local library, and oh boy, is this book ridiculous. I hesitate to use the word "novel" because it really didn't seem to have much depth other than: geeky scientist with suppressed high sex drive + playboy turned by geeky girl... that's it. If it seems like this plot is missing something, that's because it is.

I can't rate this 1 star because I firmly believe that at least for me, unless a book makes me angry, it's a 1.5 star or above. And this did not make
Katherine O'Grady
Jun 24, 2013 Katherine O'Grady rated it did not like it
I bought this one from kobo.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief. I'm really good at it. But this book defeated me. The behavior by these so-called scientists was beyond unethical, it was dangerous and stupid. The sexy times were awkward between hero and heroine. There was an overwhelming amount of clunky inner monologue and saying-not-showing between the hero and heroine. I'm not going to read anything by this author again. This is the third book by her I've read and I'm done.
Angela
Mar 02, 2009 Angela rated it did not like it
"I didn't like it" may be too harsh - I didn't like this as a piece of erotica, but it was amusing in how poorly written a lot of it was. Lots of purple prose and euphemisms for body parts. And what a ridiculous, thin plot.
Debbe
Jul 11, 2017 Debbe rated it it was ok
2.5
Pamela
Jun 05, 2014 Pamela rated it it was ok
Two scientists, Laura Manning and Jay Coulter, are developing an anti-libido drug. During testing, using themselves as subjects, they inadvertently use a libido increasing drug. A competing company tries to steal the anti-libido drug.

Sounds good, right? Wrong! There is no romance, intrigue or mystery; the dialogue during sex is downright corny. The characters aren't well developed. All-in-all it's a mess, at least IMHO. I would be demanding a refund if I didn't borrow Pleasure Control from my
ceecee
Oct 05, 2015 ceecee rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by Cathryn Fox and I have to say... I like her style of writing. Her books are short, but her ability to make you feel like your there is amazing. Every sentence puts you in the shoes of of the main character. I felt my anticipation level increase with every page. I loved the characters and the development of the characters. How can you not fall in love with a curvy, long dark haired woman who feels like a geek and a man worth drooling over whose in love with tha ...more
Rakisha
Pleasure Control was a short and moderately sexy read with little conflict between two scientists. One is love 'em and leave 'em Jay and the other is "nerdy girl" Laura. Their back stories felt shoe horned in, and never really fully explored although the story relationship Jay had with his mother is mentioned often. I also think there was an overuse of euphemisms for intercourse and the names of body parts. The channel is tunnel where a train runs from the UK to France shouldn't be used to descr ...more
J.M. Stewart
Dec 02, 2011 J.M. Stewart rated it really liked it
Well written, fun, but sexy, lovely connection between the characters. ONly thing I didn't like was the heroine's low self esteem. She was very down on herself. She would see the hero have eyes only for her, notice him flirting with her, etc, then explain it all away. Even after they were intimate, she had all these reasons why he couldn't possibly be interested in her, and after a while, I just didn't buy it anymore.

But, all in all, it was a good, enjoyable read.
Tessa
Mar 14, 2014 Tessa rated it liked it
I didn't think it was terrible. This is what I call a fluff book. Being a small easy read that I use in between my big series so that I can shift my mind from previous characters that I got attached too. This book specifically was extremely unrealistic and very abrupt. In 2 weeks they went from not speaking out side of work to engaged.... Love the fact that the protagonist was a curvy woman not a "carrot stick"!
Ale Rivero
May 28, 2012 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Muy recomendable
Un poco de todo

Ciencia, amor, sexo, acción... esta novela aunque cortita lo tiene todo. =)
Jay y Laura, los científicos protagonistas saben llevar adelante una relación que va madurando a lo largo que transcurre la historia, aunque la llama siempre ha estado ahí.
Con muchas escenas rescatables, entre graciosas, románticas y demás Placer bajo control no debería dejar de leerse.
April
It has been a little while since I read this series but as I recall it was a yummy smexy read. Loads of steam to really warm a gal up!! Quick and light reading with all sorts of hot and heavy action!!
Sar
Jun 21, 2011 Sar rated it did not like it
Shelves: scrapped
Ugh, this book was terribly BORING. That about sums it up for my review. Boring character, boring sex...I didn't even enjoy the writing style. There was ZERO sparkage.. I didn't even waste my time finishing this novel before I deleted it from my Kindle.
Kristin
Jul 28, 2009 Kristin rated it liked it
I read this book in spanish while I was traveling Spain....it's erotic, but I wouldn't exactly call it erotica. I think I'll read the next one in the series in english since I don't think it has come out yet in spanish...
Jessica
Jan 09, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
Sure it had steamy love scenes, but without an investment in the characters it was boring. Did they really overcome any obstacles. They say, "I love you," but there was little emotional investment in their relationship. Ok debut, but I like my characters a little more meaty.
Kylie
Jun 02, 2012 Kylie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Recommended to Kylie by: Good Reads
Another quick easy read. Enjoyed it.
Maria Rada
Jan 16, 2017 Maria Rada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una mezcla perfecta de romanticismo y pasión, junto a una divertida y linda historia de amor.
Amy
Aug 22, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, 2008
Very easy read. I little bit of an actual story line, however, it was pretty unrealistic. The sex scenes were okay. I'll probably read the second book.
Kathy Alarcon
Sep 10, 2012 Kathy Alarcon rated it it was amazing
Una historia que te deja con ganas. Saltos de tiempo necesarios y algo fantasioso. Bonita redacción, buen entendimiento y espectacular trama. :)
Dana Sugg
Aug 15, 2013 Dana Sugg rated it it was ok
Typical smut. Writing was so so. Quick read.
Jeffrey
Oct 31, 2008 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: rental-overdrive
Good storyline. I would not call this erotica. I would call it erotic.
eliana orozco guariguata
it was fun, lovely and sexy... with a really interesting plot! it made science look hot (?)
Jan
Apr 27, 2013 Jan rated it it was ok
was lacking a good storyline
Tammy
Nov 05, 2014 Tammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF!!
Karen
Oct 28, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
A bit unbelievable to start, but good story overall.
Robbie
May 21, 2016 Robbie rated it it was ok
Eh. Totally silly, guilty pleasure premise, nothing at all special. On the good side, it was short.
Jennww2ns
Oct 02, 2013 Jennww2ns rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-awful, fiction
Don't. Just don't. This isn't a well written book. There's nothing about it that is appealing.
GuisBell
May 29, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
Me gusto mucho, una historia muy atrayente, me dejo con la incertidumbre de leer el siguiente libro.
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction III
  • Swing
  • Wrapped in Seduction
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Bit by the Bug (Matthews Sisters #1)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (In the Heat of the Night, #4)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Secrets (Volume, #15) (Satisfy Your Desire for More)
  • Strictly Taboo (Trek Mi Q'an, #4.5)
  • Pleasure to the Max! (Harlequin Blaze #414)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Diamonds in the Rough
  • Doing It the Hard Way
  • Tease
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Whispered Secrets
  • Show Me
  • A Carnal Agreement (Regency Intrigue, #1)
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more
More about Cathryn Fox...

Pleasure Games (3 books)
  • Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)