Start by marking “Born to Bite (Argeneau, #13)” as Want to Read:
Born to Bite (Argeneau, #13)

Born to Bite (Argeneau #13)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,255 Ratings  ·  358 Reviews
Eshe d'Aureus is sent to Armand Argeneau under the auspice that she needs a safe place to hide from a rogue out for revenge, but Eshe is really on the job. She's been saddled with the task of finding out why Armand's wives keep dying, and what it has to do with his son Nicholas and the murder Nicholas is accused of committing 50 years ago. She's Nicholas' only hope of avoi ...more
Published August 9th 2012 by Gollancz (first published August 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Born to Bite, please sign up.

Heather you don't want to read it out of order. As all the characters are linked together.
I guess you could read them out of order, but there would be some…more
I guess you could read them out of order, but there would be some confusion as there are some stories that carry over into the others.(less)

valee
Sep 12, 2010 valee rated it it was ok
I know as the creator of the Argeneau group I should love the books in the series more than anyone, but seriously this book was terrible. I even gave 2 stars because I liked the epilogue but I'm not sure if it even deserves that. Definitely the one I enjoyed the least in the whole series.

First, there is no romance at all. They meet, realize they are mates and go straight to bed. That's all,really.REALLY! I was bored like hell most of the time. Had to put it down more than once, even read another
gert
Sep 01, 2010 gert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well, unlike most other reviewers, I was very disappointed in this book!

this felt like a short story, more then a full novel. so much was completely underdeveloped. for example,, our heroine, has six living children she birthed with the her first life mate of SIX HUNDRED WONDERFUL YEARS and yet we hear nothing about them, only of armand's three kids. (yes, this is HIS story, but she's his life mate, it's THEIR story). her previous life mate is mentioned briefly. big whoop.

the "mystery" of who
CC
Interesting to find out who killed all of his ex wives. But I do not like stories that have dead exes. This one had FOUR!!! No can do...

Marissa Dobson
Aug 08, 2010 Marissa Dobson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review Born To Bite by Lynsay Sands. The Argeneau series is one of my favorites, and this one is by far the hottest one yet.

Born to Bite is Armand's story, and holds a key to the puzzle that ties the series together. Like many other readers I was wondering if Armand really killed his wives, and who set up Nicholas. Well Born to Bite explains it and finally gives up closure on the subject.

Eshe and Armand's story was one of my favorites. I have to say I w
Shannon C.
Sep 06, 2010 Shannon C. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Great series but this one wasn't one of my favorites

Part of the popular Argeneau series, 'Born to Bite' picks up where 'The Renegade Hunter' left off. Armand Argeneau's wives were killed under suspicious circumstances. His brother Lucien, a Council member, has opened an investigation. Eshe d'Aureaus, a Council enforcer, goes undercover to investigate. But to her suprise, she finds she can't read Armand and he cannot read her either--they are intended life mates.

I really like the Argeneau serie
Terra
Jun 17, 2010 Terra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have I ever told you how much I really love Lynsay's books? No. Well let's just say that I have read every single book she has written to date so does that give you some indication!

This installment of the Argeneau Family Saga is right up there with the best of the best. Lynsay starts out with sparks flying between Armand and Eshe that could incinerate an atomic bomb. Whew..........! Let's just say the hot and steaminess of the beginning chapters will have you running for a cold shower. YUMM!

It's
Amy Jacobs
Aug 22, 2010 Amy Jacobs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
FINALLY! When it comes to this series, I am a serious stalker of the author's website. I check weekly, if not daily, to see if there is any news about this series! When the announcement about this book came out, I was doing a happy dance! Wait, you are here for a review and not my excitement. Sorry.

Armand is the father of Thomas, Nicholas and Jeanne Louise. We have met each of them in previous books and the focus of this story is clearing Armand of murder while proving Nicholas is also innocent
Cindyg
Sep 03, 2010 Cindyg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well when I first started this book I thought it was 3 stars may be 3.5 at most but the more I kept reading the better it got. In the end I had tears in my eyes and had a damn hard time seeing through them. It was a very good read. I really was touched my Armond's situation and I admired Eshe for her strength and courage. She believed in Armond and she proofed to be a woman of worth.
Recommend this book.
I look forward to Alex and Cale's story.
~Linda~
Aug 05, 2010 ~Linda~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, I have to tell you I am such a die hard Argeneau fan... And when I was lucky enough to receive Born to Bite for Review I was all a twitter :)

I have been wanting to know about the mysterious Armand Argeneau since I started reading this series. I pondered is he a murderer or does he just have really bad luck with women. Each time he falls in love and is blessed with a child each of his wives die in mysterious accident...

Armand has distanced himself from and pushed his family away for centurie
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
This Series gets better with each book!

Description:

Legend has it that Armand Argeneau is a killer in the bedroom . . .

But with all three of his late wives meeting unfortunate and untimely ends, is this sexy immortal a lover or a murderer? That's what Eshe d'Aureus intends to find out. As an enforcer, it's her job to bring rogue vampires to justice, even if the rogue in question makes her blood race red hot.

Armand knew she was trouble the moment Eshe roared into town on her motorcycle, clad in ti
The Flooze
*2.5ish*

I get the impression enforcers are chosen for their brawn and bravado rather than their brains...

When I read The Immortal Hunter, Eshe's brief appearance sparked my interest. She was forceful, confident and, as a rare female enforcer, she was someone I wanted to learn more about.

So I was eager to get started when I realised Born to Bite concentrated on Eshe's investigation into the "accidental" deaths of Nicholas' and Armand's wives. I'm pleased to get closure on that front, but the stor
Debp
May 25, 2010 Debp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
First I must say I have not read any previous books in this series. It was very easy to identify the characters and get involved with the story.
A beautiful, smart vampire named Eshe is sent undercover to investigate the mysterious, but seemingly accidental deaths, of 3 wives of a well known vampire named Armand. She is a enforcer, a vampire trained to hunt rogue vampires. Eshe is torn between her growing feelings toward Armand, and the possibility that he could be a murderer. If he isn't than s
Marlene
May 18, 2010 Marlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Armand Argeneau has, basically, withdrawn from those he loves after the death of his third wife. After growing suspicious about the deaths of Armand's wives, Lucian, Armand's brother, sends Eshe d'Aureus, one of his enforcers to investigate. Unfortunately, Eshe discoveries that Armand is her life mate, but can she trust him?

BORN TO BITE is a very enjoyable, paranormal romance with several amusing scenes and an intriguing mystery. Ms. Sands' trademark humor is evidenced throughout the book. I, p
Lorre
Mar 22, 2013 Lorre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Born to Bite follows up the story in The Renegade Hunter (book 12) and is all about clearing Nicholas Argeneau's name.

Born to Bite was full of suspence and I had absolutely no clue who the murderer was untill the very end.
I loved Eshe... she's one of the 2 female enforcers and is a tough girl with a mind of her own, a positive attitude and she doesn't take shit from anyone. She is sent to investigate Armand Argeneau to find the proof that Nicholas is innocent. When she meets Armand she really ho
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Wow!! I loved going back to read some Paranormal.

This book was as usual an excellent read.
I love Lynsay Sands. And the whole idea of meeting a life-mate. Someone that is totally destined for you, Love it...
Eshe was a total bad ass! And Armand was a bit one sided for me, but I still loved him! But I mean if you are accused of killing your wifes I suppose you will also be one-sided.

Definitely can't wait to read the rest of it!
Amy
Nov 01, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic edition to Lynsay Sands "Argeneau" series. Armand Argeneau has been a character surrounded by mystery and intrigue. I was never quite sure if he was a "good guy" or not. This book answers that question and many more. Excellent story, excellent mystery, just an all around fantastic book. Read it while the kids were at school with time to spare...
Wendy
I love Lynsay Sands books, they are easy reads with suspense and plenty of humor. They have a good bit of sex. Perhaps not as hot as Black Dagger Brotherhood or Cat and Bones for example, but good. I really like they way she's tweaked the stories and brought in new characters.
Kinga
Feb 13, 2016 Kinga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, you could say someone has bad luck, karma, bad karma, but this guy got the one time deal of the universe when it comes to bad luck. Or not? It depends on your opinion.
Maybe if I read Susanna's story I would be telling it differently. But from what I read I don't like Susanna, and I don't like her whole family. So I'm not really sory for her. And I don't really care for his other wives as well.
But I do love the children that he got from his marriages. Nicholas is fantastic. Everyone loves
Asmaa
Feb 06, 2014 Asmaa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would say it is a very good book. The vampire universe is very clear. I didn't tumble upon mysterious concepts or strange awkward explanations, even though I couldn't be totally comfortable with the nanos bit. I kept wondering about how they would have known such an alien ''modern'' concept! I loved Eshe's round character. Well-developed and a very powerful representation of women. On the other hand, despite the fact that I adored Armand's character, it was plainly flat. :/ He didn't show how ...more
MB (What she read)
Corazon
Boring, boring, boring.
Where are the days with stories full of humor, love, passion and action?

As we know from earlier books Armand has lost his wives. In the last book Nicholas (son of Armand) was captured, because he has killed his wife, what he didn’t. To save Nicholas from death Eshe become the assignment to search in the past of Armand’s life.
And …. Boring, boring, boring… Eshe meets Armand (Lucien’s brother) and they are life mates…

Eshe… I remember her as a tough woman, but in her own s
Tammy
May 22, 2011 Tammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, just-plain-bad
I am so disappointed in this book. I absolutely love Lynsay Sands and this series. Every other book in the Argeneau series I gave a 4 star rating to but this one fell far from the mark. I feel that this installment was written by another author altogether. I am sorry to be this negative. This should've been great. This is where we were to finally find out if Armand killed all three of his wives including his sons wife. This aside in the storyline was an interesting one. Not only was this to clea ...more
Lady Rogue
Sep 08, 2010 Lady Rogue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
While this is a standalone Argeneau novel, it's also a continuation of the previous one, The Renegade Hunter, because it covers the investigation into who killed the pregnant woman and framed Nicholas (in the previous book). The problem with it is that it reads too much like a mystery-filling-a-story-gap, and not enough like a genuine romance.

Eshe is one of the ancients, and an Enforcer, sent by Lucian to his brother Armand's farm in southern Ontario to investigate the supposedly accidental dea
Gina
Apr 06, 2013 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Armand, younger brother to Lucian and father to Thomas, Jeanne Louise, and Nicholas, pulled away from his family years ago after the death of his third wife. Although he suspected there was more to his wives' deaths than the accidents each appeared to be, he couldn't figure it out. It was better to break all ties to anyone he cared about, namely his children, just in case someone was killing all the people in his life he may love. He discovers Eshe, a Council enforcer, is his lifemate when she i ...more
Fanny
Jun 17, 2014 Fanny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

El libro estuvo bien.
Tengo que reconocer que la historia no me terminaba de atraer pero decidi darle una oportunidad porque amo la saga, pero la historia se me hizo un poco pesada y no logre conectar con los personajes.
Desde mi modo de ver es el libro mas flojo de toda la saga.
Lo mejor: Mi amado Justin Bricker!
3 Estrellas!
Caro
Mar 20, 2015 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sands-lynsay
I really enjoyed this book. It has some great page-turning parts, the humor, the contradictions, the characters are great, and the steamy scenes are good too. I really liked the characteristics of the female lead, she had spunk, humor, and acceptance in a perfect amount. I would definitely like to be more like that. (I wouldn't pull it off though :) ) I would read this again and can't wait to read more books from this series. I'm looking forward to Lucien and Nicholas's stories though. It's kind ...more
Barbara ★
These books are usually 4 or 5 stars for me but not this one. I just didn't connect with either Armand or Eshe. Sure they were lifemates but there was zero romance. They meet and instantly they are having sex it just seemed ridiculous especially since Eshe is there only because Armand is suspected of killing his previous lifemate as well as two subsequent wives and a daughter-in-law. You would think that Eshe would show a little caution around him but nope she was jumped right in feet first and ...more
Cindy
Oct 06, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read but it seemed a little short on the witty dialogue I have come to expect from her. It is a direct continuation of #12 [The Renegade Hunter] - do not read this one without having read the other first. The mystery which lies at the heart of The Renegade Hunter is not resolved but continued on into Born to Bite.

Argeneau Family
1. A Quick Bite (2005)
2. Love Bites (2004)
3. Single White Vampire (2003)
4. Tall, Dark and Hungry (2004)
5. A Bite to Remember (2006)
6. Bite Me If You Can (2007
Nicole
When I read the first Argeneau vampires book, I fell head over hills in love with the series.(Wasn't it Tall, Dark and Hungry or Love Bites?) That was in 2003 or 4 I think. Over the years, the series has evolved into ridiculously silly and boring fluff. There's no substance there. No good plot. Just a silly, bs book that just happens to be about a vampire and if I might add, a sexy one at that. But a book can't stand on sexiness alone!!! There's gotta be something to keep you entertained. Sadly, ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: Born To Bite by Lynsay Sands 3 10 Feb 24, 2015 10:44AM
  • The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)
  • Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart #7)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • Dark Peril (Dark, #21)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)

“This looks good."
"That's Metamucil," Bricker said with disgust, snatching it from her hand.
"So?" She turned to scowl at him. "What's wrong with Metamucil?"
"It's--" He glanced at the container and read, "A dietary supplement."
"That sounds healthy," she said, trying to grab it back.
"Eshe," he said, his disgust giving way to amusement. "It's what old mortals take to get regular."
"To get regular what?" she asked, and then poked him in the stomach, hard. The moment Bricker bent over with an "oomph," she snatched the container back and repeated, "Regular what?"
"Crap," he gasped, clutching his stomach.
"I didn't hit you that hard," she said with some disgust of her own.
"No." He sighed, straightening. "I meant that's what they get regulated. Crap."
Eshe dropped the can in dismay. "They buy crap?”
23 likes
“Eshe, I want to spend my life with you."
"Good," she whispered back. "That was the plan.”
10 likes