Fireborn

Fireborn (The Bestiary)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Thaniel has been chosen for the sacrifice that will renew the lands and bring sorely needed rain, and it is a duty he has always accepted. On his last day he ventures out to enjoy those things he loves and finds final resolve in all that he enjoys. But that resolve is tested in the moment when he must say goodbye to his dearest friend …
ebook
Published November 7th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published November 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fireborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fireborn

Vanillalatte88
This book is absolutely amazing - I cannot wait for another installment from this universe! The characters are so beautifully written. I can visualize them so well. Thaniel is a beautiful soul - aware, but unaffected by his physical beauty, and completely committed to his destiny as an offering to the gods. He is so lovely, and such a good, sweet boy. Blaise is ethereal and his friendship with Thaniel has helped Thaniel stay committed to his faithful following of the rules. Their relationship bl...more
Sue
Really loved this touching story. I won't go into it as it would give away too much plot, but it's worth reading, for sure.
This story touched me and reminded me somewhat of Megan Derr's Burning Bright, another story of love and sacrifice.
I'm quickly becoming a fan of Talya Andor, having loved Signal to Noise. Just purchased her latest, From The Inside Out, and looking forward to reading it.
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Though I have gotten a couple of books from this author, I've yet to read them, so this is my first chance to read anything by this author. If this story is good evidence of her work, I found her to be a really delightful writer with a lot of promise. Though there were a few things that I thought might have been worked on, this story really surprised me in its depth and I quite enjoyed the style of writing.

Four years ago, Thaniel was chosen amongst t...more
Mel Stein
Gorgeous, gorgeous story! The language itself was beautiful and perfect for the setting and universe. I was also struck by how well I was able to envision the universe the author described. Absolutely well done.

The story itself reads and feels like a classic fable, which is really a nice change from typical shorter stories that seem to focus on nothing but the sex between the MCs. (view spoiler)...more
Fehu
The story is good, but lacks details, same with the world building. The reason behind the sacrifices are not sufficiently clear to me, for one. Also how does the phoenix appear in this kingdom? What about other places, does every nation have to do this sacrifice ritual? Thaniel and Blaise are both not really fleshed out as characters, but I liked Thaniel non the less, he had potential but at the end he goes with Blaise and I felt like I only witnessed the end of a story and was missing the bigge...more
Tifa
I loved everything about this story, from its characters to its re-working of old legends. Talya Andor once again created an amazing world so detailed it feels real. I loved how she took a well-known theme--young man must sacrifice himself for the greater good--and totally made it her own by putting new and wonderful twists on it. Thaniel and Blaise are incredible characters, and I just loved this from start to finish, particularly how Thaniel has such a noble heart, even as he faces his questio...more
blub
Whereas the idea for the story isn't very original the story was still very good and well written. I've always loved self-sacrifice stories so this one I liked from the start. The MC's were likable and I liked that Thaniel took his duty seriously and wouldn't even give in to his feelings to Blaise. The story had it's heartbreaking moment the ending was gratifying.
Mar 28, 2013 Laura marked it as to-read
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Though this was quite a detailed and well written story, I found it didn't quite capture my attention so much. I didn't really feel the connection between them, so when it came to the actual intimate scenes, I found it a bit tedious.

It was still quite an enjoyable read.
Toni
This was a really cute read. Even though I figured things out before the reveal I still enjoyed the entire premise. This was an interesting world and the rituals were familiar yet interesting at the same time. It also makes you wonder about the previously chosen. ^_-
Zuzana899

Beautiful story that warmed my heart. Since the first page I hoped for a certain ending and I was in seventh heaven when the author wrote it the way I wanted it to be. :) I will buy another books written by this author, for sure.
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Hollyann
Hollyann marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
KJW
KJW marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Ashlee Willis
Ashlee Willis marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Rapunzel
Rapunzel marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Monique Martinez
Monique Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Signal to Noise From the Inside Out A Cut Above the Rest The Competitive Edge Surfeit for the Senses