Start by marking “The Quilter's Son: Book One: Liam's Choice (The Quilter's Son #1)” as Want to Read:
The Quilter's Son: Book One: Liam's Choice (The Quilter's Son #1)

The Quilter's Son: Book One: Liam's Choice (The Quilter's Son #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  285 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Liam Yoder has been leading a double life ever since his dad was killed in a buggy accident.

Will a chance encounter with his mother cause him to rethink his decision to leave the Amish community behind? What about Lucy, the bakery owner he left behind when they were teenagers? Will she be able to convince Liam to change his mind?

Find out in this tale of bittersweet love.
Published August 22nd 2012 by Livingston Hall Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Quilter's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quilter's Son

Temptation by Karen Ann HopkinsForever by Karen Ann HopkinsBelonging by Karen Ann HopkinsBright Christmas by Susan RohrerJacob's Daughter by Samantha Jillian Bayarr
Best-Selling Amish Romance
7th out of 32 books — 16 voters
Short-Straw Bride by Karen WitemeyerThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisForgetting My First Love by Derick Shawn FarrisCrossing the Deep by Kelly   MartinUndeniably Yours by Becky Wade
Newer Christian Fiction! 2011+
471st out of 496 books — 346 voters

More lists with this book...

Rhonda Gayle
Aug 31, 2012 Rhonda Gayle rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet Amish Christian romance which left me filled with hope and a huge smile on my face and in my heart! Samantha Bayarr never fails to tug at my heartstrings with her stories. I found this to be a beautiful story of hope and forgiveness. Love never fails and I definitely felt that way as I read. There are so many families today who need reconciliation and forgiveness within their relationships, and this story offers a chance to those families. It shows that it can be achieved. Read t ...more
Nancee
Oct 22, 2012 Nancee rated it it was amazing
The Quilter's Son is a wonderful story of love lost, life trials, and overcoming obstacles. The characters are well developed, and the story moves along smoothly with accurate description of Amish detail. I had a hard time putting the book down. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about this Amish family, and the events that changed their lives and the lives of those close to them. I've read most of this author's books, and have never been disappointed. She clearly has an excellent knowledge of her sub ...more
Kristen Moore LeHew
Aug 25, 2015 Kristen Moore LeHew rated it it was amazing
Love Amish Romance? This is a must read!

Ms. Bayarr is an excellent storyteller of the Amish and combining it with one or more characters contemplating the Englischer ways. Much of the Amish lifestyle is a mystery to most in the U.S. until the recent reality shows reflecting the young Amish people participating in Rumsphringa. (Spelling?)

Most young people go back to the Amish Community but during their Englischer time, they party, get jobs, get their GED's, go to college, get cell phones, driver'
Wendy
May 20, 2015 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
(Taken from GoodReads)

Find out in this tale of bittersweet love...

MY REVIEW
This was a good short story by Samantha, A story of love and fear, fear
Linda
Jul 09, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
Sweet Amish romance. Good story line. I read it in 2 days as I wanted to read it through and get to the end. I plan to begin the second in this 4 book series today!
Vicki Krivak
Jun 19, 2014 Vicki Krivak rated it liked it
This was a cute, little, heartwarming story. It was a quick, short read. I liked the characters. I will continue to read more from this series.
sandra sprenger
Aug 04, 2014 sandra sprenger rated it it was ok
Simple storyline promises more than delivers.

I've read a few other Amish stories and have to confess this one left me wanting more. there was no weight given the characters. they were lost in a certain time and no more flesh was put on. the story leaves more questions unanswered.

I can understand why this book sells for so little. there is nothing there. you are given partial characters and story. this book could have explored so much more in the characters and story.

very simple no a lot to reco
Delphine
Sep 21, 2014 Delphine rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story

This was so much more than *just* a Amish love story. it was a book about forgiveness, letting go of things, and sharing, sharing your thoughts, ideas, sharing your true deep down feelings. I cannot wait to begin the next book in this wonderful series
Anita
Mar 08, 2013 Anita rated it liked it
Shelves:
I like this story because it has the theme of *Second Chances*. I did not enjoy it as much as some of her other books.

His convenient loss of memory allows him to go back in time, to before he left the community and hurt his family. He rebuilds his relationships with his mom, his sister, and his sweetheart. Forgiveness is generous as his memory is restored. His "English" company rebuilts his mother's quilt shop. His sister finds hope, friendship, and possibly future love with his foreman and bes
shelby swain
Jul 16, 2015 shelby swain rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

Looking forward to r read the other books that are in the series. I have always enjoyed reading her novels.
Paula K. Goff
Feb 11, 2014 Paula K. Goff rated it really liked it
A good read.

I read this book from start to finish not putting it down.was a good story and I like happy endings
Darlene Britzius-nelson
Jan 10, 2015 Darlene Britzius-nelson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love Amish books
Recommended to Darlene by: Self
Shelves: amish-books
This is truly a good book to read, about Liam losing memory due to an accident then recaptured his once lost girlfriend's heart.
Carol
Dec 06, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Headstrong, Liam forsakes his Amish life for the ways of the "English" after his father dies. His beloved Lucy refuses to join him in leaving the Amish Community and in a moment of haste, he leaves Lucy, his mother and twin sister and strikes out on his own.

Seven years later he is forced to face his rebellious and selfish ways and his life takes a roller coaster ride.

As with most of Ms Bayarr's books, the plot was fairly predictable. None-the-less, it was a quick read, enjoyable and a good clea
Deliasue
Jul 02, 2013 Deliasue rated it it was amazing
Samantha makes the young people in this story seem so real. It must be hard for an Amish parent to give up their children to the english ways. But most of them do come back to their family ties.
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
very predictable, but sometimes, I'm just in the mood for an easy gentle read. This was just that. No stress here.
Diane
May 04, 2013 Diane rated it really liked it
Th.is was a very interesting short story. I'm ready to start the next book. I love to read about the Amish
Cheryl
Apr 17, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story of how love can endure and bring people back together.
Pat
Jan 10, 2014 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read--a short story.
Judy Bullard
Jan 20, 2013 Judy Bullard rated it liked it
Very short read. Good story.
Janet C.
Apr 14, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Pam Mutschler
Pam Mutschler rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Elizabeth Cole
Elizabeth Cole marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Robbie DeShazo
Robbie DeShazo is currently reading it
May 13, 2016
Marcia Johnson
Marcia Johnson rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Lorraine Parks
Lorraine Parks marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
  • Amish Faith
  • Amish by Accident
  • Lancaster Hearts (Amish Connections, #1; Out of Darkness, #5)
  • Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • A Marriage for Meghan (Wayne County, #2)
  • Wild Horses (Sadie's Montana #1)
  • Daybreak (The Days of Redemption #1)
  • Summer of Secrets (Seasons of the Heart #1)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Hidden Mercies
  • A Hopeful Heart (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #1)
  • Rebecca's Rose (Forever After in Apple Lake #2)
Author of Best Selling Amish Romance series, Jacob's Daughter

JOIN ME on Facebook!

More about Samantha Jillian Bayarr...

The Quilter's Son (5 books)
  • Lydia's Heart (The Quilter's Son #2)
  • Nathan's Apprentice (The Quilter's Son #3)
  • Maddie's Quilt (The Quilter's Son #4)
  • Amish Quilters: The Quilter's Son BOXED SET: Liam's Choice: Book 1, Lydia's Heart: Book 2, Nathan's Apprentice: Book 3, Maddie's Quilt: Book 4