Start by marking “Killer Koalas from Outer Space and Lots of Other Very Bad Stuff that Will Make Your Brain Explode!” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Killer Koalas from Out...

Andy Griffiths

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Surprise, absurdity, and laugh-out-loud humor are the hallmarks of this New York Times-bestselling author, and in Killer Koalas from Outer Space, Griffiths offers up a collection of ridiculous stories featuring zombie kittens, rocket stealing ants, and of course, killer koalas from outer space.
Published October 11th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Koalas from Outer Space and Lots of Other Very Bad Stuff that Will Make Your Brain Explode!

Kate Hastings
Grades 3-6. RL 780. For fans of Super Diaper Baby-- this is an over-the top silly and crude book that boys will love. The favorite at our house was a short story about the Dog Poo Family. Which was actually really funny, if not sort of wrong. Did I mention boys will love this?
Stacie
Author: Andy Griffiths
Illustrator: Terry Denton
Title: Killer Koalas from Outer Space

Plot: This is a book full of very bad ideas, some really bad jokes and also some really bad killer grannies from outer space. It has everything you need!

Characters: Bad Kids, Bad Parents, Bad Men, Killer Grannies, Killer Koalas

Setting: No where

POV: 3rd

Theme: Comics, Jokes, Bad, gross stuff

Style: Comics, short stories, poetry, jokes

Copyright:2004

Notes: This book made me laugh out loud. It is possibly due to the b
The Library Lady
Stupid beyond stupid with no moral center, no important life lessons and zero literary value.
I hated it. Parents will hate it. Teachers will hate it. Well meaning librarians will hate it.
Kids (boys especially) will love it and READ IT!
Michael
Stupidest thing I've ever read. Obviously an attempt at pre-teen boy humor, but farce isn't humor. And this isn't even good farce. Andy griffiths should know better.
Raina
Ridiculous, goofy, very bad fun from the author of The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow.

One thing should be clear. This is not a novel about Killer Koalas from Outer Space. Instead, it's a grab-bag of short silly fun. There is a series of seriously fractured nursery rhymes, there are several stories about the Dog Poo Family (yes, you read that right), there's a bunch of stories about Bad Mommy and Daddy (Kid: "Can I jump into that volcano?"...Dad: "I suppose so."), there's even a crossword where ever
Kascia
Interesting book. I'm giving it 2 stars only because it didn't meet my criteria of a good book but that doesn't mean it's not a good book to little boys or to anyone else. My 7 year old nephew read it before I did and couldn't stop giggling. He even read it in the car, he just couldn't put it down. When I asked him how many stars he would give the book out of 5, he responded 41. Not so great for adults, but awesome for boys.
Alex Wilson
In the book there was a story about a boy who ate flies and he turned into a fly and another one was about blood sucking grannies from the grave and they had gravy. Also, in the last story it was the full killer koalas story and in it one guy in a crowd asked is the world done and then the manager said we're doomed. And the manager kept on saying we're doomed and the guy in the crowd kept on say is the world done?
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Perfect for kids who love gross and silly humor! I know my second grades think it is very funny!
BunnyDumpling
A disjointed and aimless collection of twisted nursery rhymes, goofy jokes, and grim comic strips, heavy on the potty humor. Not to say that the entire lot stinks: "The Very Bad Road" and "The Very Bad Holiday" are grimly amusing, and I enjoyed the poo on stilts joke. Mostly, however, the book lacks the sly ingenuity of Shel Silverstein and the humorous realism of Jeff Kinney's "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. Its many varieties of gory injuries--leading to the inevitable "x's for eyes" phenomenon ...more
Kay
Love it or hate it, this is a quick read. I enjoyed it even though it has no redeeming value. It seems like there's a school of thought that believes all children's books must have a lesson or moral to impart. I like this because it doesn't. When I was a kid a long, long time ago, we had such nasty little ditties and enjoyed them thoroughly. Because no one (at least that I know of) catered to young demented tastes, our twisted songs and poems were passed along orally and certainly not as witty a ...more
Alicia
I was very excited when I saw this cover--but I shouldn't have been. The humor was super-lame and rarely stretched into true imagination and creativity. It was nothing but snippet stories of kids dying because of how stupid they were, repeated poop drawings, or an emphasis again and again about how naughty the book was. The koalas were hardly even featured! I can enjoy scatological humor, but this particular book left me annoyed, bored and I did not laugh once. And that is its greatest sin.
Kerrikoala
This book caught my attention because of the title. I thought I'd get a laugh out if it because the killer koalas sound a lot like dropbears. I know I'm much older than the intended audience, but I can still appreciate a good children's book. (I can also appreciate a good poop joke.) However, this book was AWFUL. Of course, it doesn't pretend to be a work of greatness. It even says on the cover that it contains very bad things. I just couldn't believe how bad it was.
Mary
Very appealing to my 8-year-old inner-demonchild.
Laura5
I hardly know what to say about this one, other than it made me laugh a lot. I kept reading parts aloud to other adults who would just shake their heads at me.

I have a group of readers who are going to LOVE it, and I would have loved it when I was young.

It's crude, it's potty humor.
It will never be on the shelf.

Mrs. Nelson's
Andy Griffiths' newest book, a collection of poems, ditties, and comics, reads like a delightfully twisted Shel Silverstein. I laughed out loud reading the potty-mouthed verse (my personal favorite was "The Lady Who Lived in a Poo"); reluctant readers will devour this book!
--Review by Lauren
Joanne
This is the absolute perfect book to give to an 8-11 year old boy. Funny potty humor and violence. Not a chapter book, just a collection of different comic stories/ poems so its easily browse-able and re-readable, ideal for struggling readers or those who like to re-read favorite jokes.
Brenda Kahn
I should have made a new shelf - humorous? - because I might have cracked a smile once. I'm all for low-brow, but this was sorta lame - kinda like the times kids laugh themselves silly but don't want to stop so they through stuff up hoping something will send them into hysterics again.
Christopher
I absolutely hated, hated, hated, hated, HATED this book! Completely unreadable. While I have enjoyed Andy Griffith's nonsense "books" in the past, this one is just pure and unadulterated torture. If I could give zero stars to a book, I would.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
Lauren
Tiffany

So hilarious. Definitely a boy kind of humor. I was dying laughing and ended up reading parts out loud and all three of my boys 9, 12, & 16) were laughing. Some more refined readers might think it is stupid AND that is the whole point. Great pick for reluctant readers.
Dolores
Why? Just why? A train wreck of a book. My teenage son (who LIKES to read) picked it up, read about 10 pages, pronounced it "the most *&%$#@^ disturbing thing" he'd ever seen, and put it back down. Ten pages. NOT a good sign.
Ann
Ok I know this book's humor is completely infantile, but I thought it was hilarious. I have a number of boys (and even a girl or two) on my radar who NEED this book- with poop jokes and grannies who come to destroy the earth.
Heather
Killer Koalas from Outer Space is a very humourous book of just bad things, bad jokes, bad drawings, and of course killer koalas.

I found this book so funny to read. Very comical
Elaine
One potty word after another and complete nonsense. Which means little boys (and some girls) will love it. Especially my son, as his favorite Wayside Story was the one with the dead rat.
Edward Sullivan
Goofy, silly collection of comics, rhymes, and short, short stories with lots of juvenile, gross out jokes. Griffiths's previous two books are much, much better.
Crystal
Bathroom humor, bad stuff, and explosions. It made me laugh, cringe, and read portions aloud to others. Not exactly my cup of tea, but kids are going to love it.
Maybe I'd like this if I was still 8 years old, but man, as an adult this book just sucked. I admittedly love stupid jokes, but these didn't even make me chuckle :(
Misty
The eight year old boy LOVES this series of books. They are somewhat gruesome so be forewarned. Not bloody or even violent, just a dark sense of humor.
Danielle
This book is so wrong, it's right. I couldn't stop laughing. Kids who read this will probably grow up to play Cards Against Hunanity
Emily
This book will make you laugh out loud and is so hilarious it forces you to read it aloud to anyone within earshot.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Return of the Vampire (Creepella von Cacklefur #4)
  • Dear Max
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • Thea Stilton and the Journey to the Lion's Den: A Geronimo Stilton Adventure
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • Tom's Tweet
  • Rise of the Balloon Goons (The Notebook of Doom, #1)
  • For Your Eyes Only!
  • Mrs. Lizzy Is Dizzy!
  • Stickman Odyssey, Book 1: An Epic Doodle
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...
The Day My Butt Went Psycho The 13-Storey Treehouse Just Crazy (PB) Just Annoying Just Stupid!