Start by marking “Killer Koalas from Outer Space and Lots of Other Very Bad Stuff that Will Make Your Brain Explode!” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Killer Koalas from Out...

Andy Griffiths

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  232 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Surprise, absurdity, and laugh-out-loud humor are the hallmarks of this New York Times-bestselling author, and in Killer Koalas from Outer Space, Griffiths offers up a collection of ridiculous stories featuring zombie kittens, rocket stealing ants, and of course, killer koalas from outer space.
Published October 11th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Koalas from Outer Space and Lots of Other Very Bad Stuff that Will Make Your Brain Explode!

Jerry Perry
Sep 30, 2015 Jerry Perry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, easy and stupid read. By the way, I say "stupid" with nothing but affection.
Anthony Morello
Killer Koalas from Outer Space is a collection of humorous short stories in graphic novel format, in which the characters are as the author puts it "very bad". There is little that connects each story other then the characters being "very bad", although many incorporate animals and some parody classical tales like "The Lady that Lived in a Shoe".

I picked this book up because the title and the evil koala on the front caught my eye. This book is very humorous and is targeted towards a specific de
Kate Hastings
Grades 3-6. RL 780. For fans of Super Diaper Baby-- this is an over-the top silly and crude book that boys will love. The favorite at our house was a short story about the Dog Poo Family. Which was actually really funny, if not sort of wrong. Did I mention boys will love this?
Stacie
Author: Andy Griffiths
Illustrator: Terry Denton
Title: Killer Koalas from Outer Space

Plot: This is a book full of very bad ideas, some really bad jokes and also some really bad killer grannies from outer space. It has everything you need!

Characters: Bad Kids, Bad Parents, Bad Men, Killer Grannies, Killer Koalas

Setting: No where

POV: 3rd

Theme: Comics, Jokes, Bad, gross stuff

Style: Comics, short stories, poetry, jokes

Copyright:2004

Notes: This book made me laugh out loud. It is possibly due to the b
The Library Lady
Stupid beyond stupid with no moral center, no important life lessons and zero literary value.
I hated it. Parents will hate it. Teachers will hate it. Well meaning librarians will hate it.
Kids (boys especially) will love it and READ IT!
Michael
Nov 09, 2011 Michael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, graphic-manga
Stupidest thing I've ever read. Obviously an attempt at pre-teen boy humor, but farce isn't humor. And this isn't even good farce. Andy griffiths should know better.
Raina
Ridiculous, goofy, very bad fun from the author of The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow.

One thing should be clear. This is not a novel about Killer Koalas from Outer Space. Instead, it's a grab-bag of short silly fun. There is a series of seriously fractured nursery rhymes, there are several stories about the Dog Poo Family (yes, you read that right), there's a bunch of stories about Bad Mommy and Daddy (Kid: "Can I jump into that volcano?"...Dad: "I suppose so."), there's even a crossword where ever
Carterkempgmail.Com
This book is very hard to review, having been written so specifically for that particular 3rd grade boy for whom nothing is funnier than poop, except possibly for the eating of dead flies or the concept of killer koalas taking over the earth. Those kids will howl with laughter at the incredibly stupid and inappropriate jokes that litter this reprehensible pile of trash.
Kascia
Interesting book. I'm giving it 2 stars only because it didn't meet my criteria of a good book but that doesn't mean it's not a good book to little boys or to anyone else. My 7 year old nephew read it before I did and couldn't stop giggling. He even read it in the car, he just couldn't put it down. When I asked him how many stars he would give the book out of 5, he responded 41. Not so great for adults, but awesome for boys.
Zoe Evangeline
Jun 23, 2016 Zoe Evangeline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Wilson
Apr 11, 2014 Alex Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: when-i-was-7
In the book there was a story about a boy who ate flies and he turned into a fly and another one was about blood sucking grannies from the grave and they had gravy. Also, in the last story it was the full killer koalas story and in it one guy in a crowd asked is the world done and then the manager said we're doomed. And the manager kept on saying we're doomed and the guy in the crowd kept on say is the world done?
Anne
Sep 20, 2015 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit it's not my type of book. It reminds me of Captain underpants but with more violence and more toilet humour. I am sure a few of my grade 4 students who will love it - and reading is reading!
Eleanor
This book read like an 8 year old boy wrote it. Hence, I would hand it out to 8 year old boys. Especially fans of Captain Underpants, and Icky Ricky.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Perfect for kids who love gross and silly humor! I know my second grades think it is very funny!
The Brothers
Asher (9yo) read. "More for kids 7 years old because when I read it this time, I didn't like as much as when I read it when I was younger."

Dexter (7yo) read. "Cool little stories. Fun ways to kill aliens - like using potatoes to knock out old blood-sucking grannies from outer space."
Denise
Sep 23, 2015 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
E just finished reading this to me. Very odd, gross, and sometimes funny.
BunnyDumpling
A disjointed and aimless collection of twisted nursery rhymes, goofy jokes, and grim comic strips, heavy on the potty humor. Not to say that the entire lot stinks: "The Very Bad Road" and "The Very Bad Holiday" are grimly amusing, and I enjoyed the poo on stilts joke. Mostly, however, the book lacks the sly ingenuity of Shel Silverstein and the humorous realism of Jeff Kinney's "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. Its many varieties of gory injuries--leading to the inevitable "x's for eyes" phenomenon ...more
Dude18
Dec 08, 2015 Dude18 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!
Kay
Dec 22, 2011 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love it or hate it, this is a quick read. I enjoyed it even though it has no redeeming value. It seems like there's a school of thought that believes all children's books must have a lesson or moral to impart. I like this because it doesn't. When I was a kid a long, long time ago, we had such nasty little ditties and enjoyed them thoroughly. Because no one (at least that I know of) catered to young demented tastes, our twisted songs and poems were passed along orally and certainly not as witty a ...more
Alicia
Dec 21, 2011 Alicia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I was very excited when I saw this cover--but I shouldn't have been. The humor was super-lame and rarely stretched into true imagination and creativity. It was nothing but snippet stories of kids dying because of how stupid they were, repeated poop drawings, or an emphasis again and again about how naughty the book was. The koalas were hardly even featured! I can enjoy scatological humor, but this particular book left me annoyed, bored and I did not laugh once. And that is its greatest sin.
Kerrikoala
Feb 24, 2012 Kerrikoala rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book caught my attention because of the title. I thought I'd get a laugh out if it because the killer koalas sound a lot like dropbears. I know I'm much older than the intended audience, but I can still appreciate a good children's book. (I can also appreciate a good poop joke.) However, this book was AWFUL. Of course, it doesn't pretend to be a work of greatness. It even says on the cover that it contains very bad things. I just couldn't believe how bad it was.
Jay Morris
This book told many different stories that connected to each other in very strange ways. It was a strange book. I would recommend reading it if you want to have a laugh. This book was very confusing and random this book does not contain any story just randomness.
Mary
Jan 15, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very appealing to my 8-year-old inner-demonchild.
Laura5
Apr 20, 2012 Laura5 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I hardly know what to say about this one, other than it made me laugh a lot. I kept reading parts aloud to other adults who would just shake their heads at me.

I have a group of readers who are going to LOVE it, and I would have loved it when I was young.

It's crude, it's potty humor.
It will never be on the shelf.

Mrs. Nelson's
Aug 28, 2011 Mrs. Nelson's rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andy Griffiths' newest book, a collection of poems, ditties, and comics, reads like a delightfully twisted Shel Silverstein. I laughed out loud reading the potty-mouthed verse (my personal favorite was "The Lady Who Lived in a Poo"); reluctant readers will devour this book!
--Review by Lauren
Jo
Sep 12, 2012 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the absolute perfect book to give to an 8-11 year old boy. Funny potty humor and violence. Not a chapter book, just a collection of different comic stories/ poems so its easily browse-able and re-readable, ideal for struggling readers or those who like to re-read favorite jokes.
Brenda Kahn
Jan 28, 2012 Brenda Kahn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous, 2012
I should have made a new shelf - humorous? - because I might have cracked a smile once. I'm all for low-brow, but this was sorta lame - kinda like the times kids laugh themselves silly but don't want to stop so they through stuff up hoping something will send them into hysterics again.
Christopher
Nov 22, 2011 Christopher rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely hated, hated, hated, hated, HATED this book! Completely unreadable. While I have enjoyed Andy Griffith's nonsense "books" in the past, this one is just pure and unadulterated torture. If I could give zero stars to a book, I would.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
Lauren
Aug 28, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tiffany
May 12, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

So hilarious. Definitely a boy kind of humor. I was dying laughing and ended up reading parts out loud and all three of my boys 9, 12, & 16) were laughing. Some more refined readers might think it is stupid AND that is the whole point. Great pick for reluctant readers.
  • Return of the Vampire (Creepella von Cacklefur #4)
  • Dear Max
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • Tom's Tweet
  • For Your Eyes Only!
  • The Case of the Toxic Mutants (Dragonbreath, #9)
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Mrs. Lizzy Is Dizzy! (My Weird School Daze, #9)
  • Thea Stilton and the Journey to the Lion's Den (Thea Stilton #17)
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
  • Hollywood, Dead Ahead (43 Old Cemetery Road, #5)
  • Eighth Grade Is Making Me Sick: Ginny Davis's Year In Stuff
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...