Start by marking “Passion Creek (The Layton Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Passion Creek (The Layton Family, #3)

Passion Creek (The Layton Family #3)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  51 reviews
It's always the quiet ones…

Uptight history professor Sam Layton may have the abs of a movie action hero, but he stopped believing in the joy of adventure a long time ago. However, when a one-night stand with a tattooed bombshell leads to a treasure map for the long-buried Rebecca’s Bounty, the call to action is too strong to ignore.

All Las Vegas cocktail waitress Josie Wi
Published August 31st 2012 by Evernight Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Passion Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion Creek

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellHard as It Gets by Laura KayeFighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins
Covergasms!
232nd out of 919 books — 907 voters
Revamp by Beck ShermanChasing the Witch by Jessica  GibsonRock Hard by Olivia CunningRock Chick by Kristen AshleyOffbeat Love Stories and More by Jennifer K. Lafferty
Books that Rock
11th out of 37 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Babs
Josie is a waitress and her last day did not go as planned. She has found a map to a treasure in Dry Creek where she is headed to begin with. All she wanted to do was head to Dry Creek to paint and be happy for 6 months. She has a one night stand with Sam Layton who finds out she has the map he too is looking for as it belongs to his family. The two try to work together and between misunderstandings and keeping their hands off of each other things heat up.

This is the 3rd book in the Layton Famil
Jen Rattie
Not my normal kind of book I would choose but I was given this book as a ARC - I was hooked and read it in two hours. No supernatural just pure romance with a little action thrown in.....

Josie and Sam seem to be doomed at the start....treasure, mob ties & danger cause major roadblocks right off the bat to deter their relationship but they find...um (creative ways should I say?) to overcome them. :)

Off to put the first two books on my to-read list....curious about the rest of the Layton boys
books are love
This is my favorite of the Layton series although I would love love to have the other brother. The fun easy going brother get a story. Please......

Sam is the serious one. He has been treated with kid gloves due to losing his twin at a young age. This has made him become less reckless and more ocd. His promise to his twin was thrown out the window due to guilt. Guilt he carries around until Josie helps him with it.

Josie is serious on the inside but fun loving and adventurous on the outside. A veg
Ellen Christian
Josie Winarsky is a cocktail waitress is Las Vegas that dreams of escaping a job she hates and going to spend time in an artist colony in Nebraska. She's almost to the point where she has enough money saved when she gets in the middle of a mob plot and has to set aside her dream of becoming an artist to save her younger brother.

Sam Layton is a gorgeous, uptight history professor who is the complete opposite of Josie Winarsky. A totally unexpected one night stand brings the two together, sparks f
Rachel
Passion Creek was a great short read with a great story line The main character was Josie, she lived in Las Vegas and worked as a waitress but only until she had saved enough money to continue on her dream of being an artist by taking classes in Dry Creek.

On her last night at work she is given a diary from a kind man who had kept it in his possession for 9 years, she thinks nothing of it and takes it, she is then hounded by Snips, a nasty little man and he tells her that her twin brother Cy owes
Phaedra Seabolt
Josie is a waitress in Las Vegas who is trying desperately to escape her current life in search of the one she always dreamed of having. At one point in her life, she was a painter with a lot of promise until she was betrayed by her best friend. Her art was stolen right from under her. Her life was ruined. In her time of need, her twin brother Cy shared her pain and helped her to get back onto her feet. Now it is her turn to return the favor. On her last night as a waitress, Josie learns that he ...more
Niki
Painting is what Josie wants, when her best friend betrayed her and steal one of her paintings claiming it is hers, Josie's world comes down hard. Her twin brother Cy helps her up after that. Now working as a waitress in Vegas, she desperately tries to get away from that life.
One of her clients gives her a book as a farewell gift, it is a dairy from a woman called Rebecca. It has a treasure map with it.

Her last night working there a loan shark Snips approach her saying that her brother owns him
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Josie and Sam steam up the pages in the 3rd installment of The Layton Family Series by Avery Flynn and fans of contemporary romance with a little suspense edge will enjoy reading Passion Creek. I've read the 2nd book, Seduction Creek (formally titled Dry Creek Bed) and we get a glance at Sam and Josie at the end but it's not necessary to have read Seduction Creek to enjoy Passion Creek. But both books are good and I plan to go back and read book 1, Temptation Creek .

Josie and Sam share a hot
Lisa Markson
Lisa's review of
Passion Creek
By Avery Flynn

18+ book
I received a copy of Passion Creek by Avery Flynn in exchange for a honest review. First off this is adult book with mature situations. This book was absolutely fabulous. I really enjoyed getting into this fast paced and captivating story. What would you do to make your dreams come true? Josie had a dream of painting even after her so called best friend stole that dream from her. Then she scrimped and saved working in the high stakes poker room
Lucy Felthouse
I was very excited to get my hands on the third book in Avery Flynn's Layton family series. I loved the first two books and I really enjoy Avery's writing so I looked forward to this.

Book three, Passion Creek, tells the story of Sam Layton - the uptight history professor. However, his uptight side temporarily disappears on a trip to Las Vegas when he meets blonde bombshell Josie Winarsky. The attraction is instant and they end up in bed together. However, a discovery makes Sam think he's been co
Lissette
Josie Winarsky has been looking forward to going to Dry Creek for as long as she can remember. Painting is her passion and she's netted the opportunity of a lifetime in taking classes there. She doesn't mind leaving Las Vegas behind. It was just a stand-in for the moment when she could make her dreams of becoming a fully-fledged painter come true. Yet her last day at work turns out to be anything but ideal.

A Las Vegas loan shark has suddenly turned up on her doorstep, so to speak, and is now dem
Rae Ryans
Passion Creek is a story that brings some of the hottest romance I've ever read to the pages of a book. Each scene brings spark of tantalizing fury as Josie and Sam ignite their passion during a search for a lost treasure. The very treasure she needs to save her family from the wrath of a sleazy, slimy mobster trying to climb the ranks.

There is intense action, suspense, and of course erotically written scenes that leave you with feelings that will rock you to the core. You can try to put this on
Jackie
Avery Flynn has written a wonderful suspenseful romance. She pulls you into a world of intrigue and swirls in a lot of love and romance. Passion Creek begins in the hot spot of Las Vegas and ends in the small town of Dry Creek Nebraska. From the beginning when you meet waitress Josie Winarsky you love her character. She is intelligent, sexy and wise ass. She is a phenomenal heroine. After meeting Josie we soon meet Sam Layton. A very hunky history professor. With the picture that Avery Flynn pai ...more
Shelly
This book has a lot going on. It has more action and gives you more about why Sam is so quiet... I love how Josie has the spunk to get Sam out of his shell. Loved this series and hoping there will be more.
Jen
Check out my full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Rock Star Lit PR in exchange for an honest review.

Dangerous Tease is the third book in The Laytons series from author Avery Flynn, a title that was originally released in 2012 as Passion Creek. This story features Sam Layton, a college professor, and Josie Winarsky, a cocktail waitress, and the two meet in Las Vegas while Sam's on vacation with his two brothers, Hank and Chris. This story overlaps with some o
Brittany Shivers
Josie Winarsky is a cocktail waitress in Las Vegas that dreams of escaping a job she hates and going to spend time in an artist colony in Dry Creek, Nebraska. On her last day she is given a diary from a older customer as a gift. Before she can finish out her day she is drawn into the middle of a mob plot and has to step in and save her younger brother.

Sam Layton is a gorgeous, uptight history professor who is the complete opposite of Josie Winarsky. An unexpected one night stand brings the two t
Mona
Loved it,,,#3 in the Layton Series..
Sam Layton the history professor who is quiet of the brothers. He has his reasons. It's nothing he wants to share, but that changes when he met Josie in Las Vegas,.
She changes him, and awakens something in him he locked away for a long time..how can one night change that?

Josie Winarsky is a waitress who had hopes for a better life, well that all changed when some hit men came to her all because her twin brother
got himself stuck..
She left for Dry Creek, and w
Monique Daoust
Josie Winarsky’s dream is to attend an artist colony and paint. She has been working as a waitress and saving money for a long time, but her brother Cy just ruined everything for her. It appears he’s mixed up with loan sharks, and Josie hasn’t heard from him in a week. In the meantime, an elderly customer gives Josie a diary, which seems to contain a map to a treasure. One of Josie’s customers, handsome history professor Sam Layton, knows of the existence of the hidden treasure, and sparks fly b ...more
Lynn
Have you ever been upset when finished a book. Well, I am right now! I finished Layton Series: Dangerous Kiss, Dangerous Flirt, and just now Dangerous Tease. Well I think I did, well, maybe, maybe not, I hope not!!!
This book, this series, to somebody from the past is Dy-no-mite! Sorry, I am showing my age. OK, I am getting back to the important item, Dangerous Tease.
I absolutely loved, loved, loved the story of Josie and Sam. Sam is a professor at Cather College in Dry Creek, Nebraska. Josie is
Shelly Wygant
This is my favorite Layton's book yet.

Rebecca's journal and a treasure map, a family heirloom, lost in a poker game years ago come between Sam and Josie.

Sam, the most straight laced Layton brother, takes a chance and has one night of steamy sex with a beautiful waitress in Vegas.

Josie only want to paint but is stuck with a waitressing job trying to make ends meet, when she is threatened by someone in the mob she throws caution to the wind and has one night of fun with Sam.

They don't know that
Karen Gagnon
This 3rd book in the Layton Family series is a thrilling, sexy suspense story with a wonderfully strong, intelligent and sassy heroine and an adorably geeky, college professor with an adventurous sexy alpha man just roaring to come out of him, hero. Josie was a waitress in Vegas and Sam was there on a guys weekend trip when they first laid eyes on each other. They were the definition of opposites attracting. They had an explosive one night together and a misunderstanding had them going their sep ...more
Emily
Avery Flynn does it again. I read the first of the Layton family series after it was on a best of list for 2011. The third book, Sam Layton's story, was probably my favorite of the three books in the series so far. It has the right blend of mystery, romance, and steam. Flynn always brings the steam. A sexy and fun read, for sure.
Christina Reed
I was given the privilege of reading all 3 books in the Layton series by Avery Flynn, and I have to say I absolutely loved all three books. Each book hooked me from the beginning and didn't let me go until I'd finished all of them. One thing that makes this series unique is when one book ends, it sets up the next book in the series and you want to keep reading to find out what happened. The next book starts before the previous one ended and they tie together beautifully. I found all of the men s ...more
Rosemary
I love the quiet ones. Sam is the behind the scenes brother who takes care of the messes and finds himself attracted to Josie. The mob being after her wrecks his orderly life. Will opposites attract?

I was hooked and read from start to finish in one sitting—Josie was Sam’s Waitress in Vegas (backstory is in book two Dangerous Flirt) and was just trying to find the money to get back to being an artist. She had no time for love or for the mob connections—which turned out not be as expected. Avery F
Robin Covington
I loved this book and I don't know how to gush about it without spoiling it! The hero is a hot, bookish professor - just the kind I fall for- and the heroine is snarky and smart. Opposites who erupt in sizzling attraction. I highly recommend this book!
Anima
Sam and Josie couldn't be anymore opposite if they tried. He's a buttoned up professor loving his boring routine and Josie is a wild child artsy type. Caught up in trouble due to her brother's connections with pond scum Josie needs cash fast. Sam's family has long searched for a missing treasure buried by a long passed relative. Josie has the woman's diary, will it help her or make her situation worse? The connection between these two was instant and the change in Sam was noticeable but not dras ...more
Crystal
This is the third book in the Layton family series and I loved it. It has romance, suspense and fun. This is the story of the serious Layton brother, Sam and the waitress/painter from Vegas, Josie. Sam has been barely living his life, although he didn't realize this until he meet Josie by chance in Vegas. They have an incredible night together until Josie says something about treasure hunting and Sam loses it thinking that she was just using him.

Josie heads to Dry Creek to a painters retreat an
Amanda
This was a great read! i liked the mystery dynamic of this story and that lovers united with a goal in mind and let their romance build naturally on that. I found this book hard to put down and read it in a few short evenings.
Misty
Avery Flynn

ARC given by author in exchange for honest review

Another wonderful addition to the Layton series! Of the three books in this series this one was my favorite by far, I absolutely loved reading about Sam and Josie! There was this intense smoldering chemistry between Josie and Sam that drew me in and had me dying to read more. The storyline was unlike anything I have ever read before, it was very inventive, and did a good job at maintaining my interest the whole way through.

I highly reco
Angie Bartley
Sam is the serious Layton. While in Vegas, Sam does something very spontaneous with Josie, not knowing he will be seeing her again in the near future. Thanks to some trouble with her younger brother, Josie is in trouble and hiding out in the small hometown of Sam. She must find Rebecca's Treasure and he knows there is more going on than she is telling. Thanks to a tragedy as a child, Sam has stayed away from the treasure hunting. Sparks are flying everywhere and of course there is lots of family ...more
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
  • The Black Rose (The Seven Stars, #2)
  • A Year on Your Path to Growth: Daily Inspirations to Reconnect with Your Soul
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • The Lust Garden
  • The Unveiling
  • Dangerous Desire
  • The Indie Author Revolution: An Insider's Guide to Self-Publishing
  • Josiah for President
  • Love and Protect
  • Tomas
  • Liam (The Awakening, #2)
  • Life on Hold
  • Spring Break
  • The Demon's Desire (Hearts of the Fallen, #2)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • How to Be Human: Diary of an Autistic Girl
  • Risking It All (Morgan Family, #1)

The Layton Family (3 books)
  • Dangerous Kiss (Laytons Book 1)
  • Dangerous Flirt (Laytons Book 2)
Enemies on Tap (Sweet Salvation Brewery, #1) Hollywood on Tap (Sweet Salvation Brewery, #2) High-Heeled Wonder (Killer Style, #1) Betting the Billionaire Make Me Up (Killer Style #3)