Start by marking “Alone at Ninety Foot” as Want to Read:
Alone at Ninety Foot

Alone at Ninety Foot

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fourteen year old Pamela Collins is struggling to come to terms with her mother's death. Somewhat shy, Pamela is thoughtful, full of passion, often funny and sometimes tearful as she learns to cope with the emotional overload the tragedy has brought to her life. Her favourite things include walking alone in Lynn Canyon Park, the art of Emily Carr, and a certain boy with a ...more
Published January 1st 2001 by Orca Book Publishers (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Alone at Ninety Foot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone at Ninety Foot

Ashlee Foster (Tidwell)
Aug 12, 2010 Ashlee Foster (Tidwell) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I don't know why I love this book so much. I have read it like 5 times. There is nothing special about it at all, but I love it regardless.
Nina
This book belongs to the fiction genre, and mainly it focuses on a tough time period of a girl the protagonist named Pamela Marry Collins. Similar to many other teenagers she was just a student in high school; she had friends and a family. But unfortunately one thing that turned her life upside down is that, her mom was severely depressed and suicides when she could not handle it any longer. This was also the beginning of how people surround Pamela treat her differently, some in a positive mann ...more
Paige Gamache
I read this multiple times in the 4th grade. So much so that my teacher let me have it. Though short it's powerful and I think a lot of young people can find something to relate to within its 179 pages.
Jitfeng Yap
it will be very interesting
Mariah Angelica
this story really touched my heart and this story can also inspire other teenagers this generation and for the next. I can really relate to the main character! there are so many similarities between Pamela Collins and I. This book is truly a masterpiece.
Denise
Set in British Columbia and with references to Emily Carr, a local artist/writer, this YA novel features a teen who is struggling with some difficult times: deaths in the family, fitting in, father's possible re-marriage.
Icka
I would really have to re-read this one to give it a review, but i remember liking it; it's one of those books i've never forgotten. I remember that she liked to keep baby jars of sand.
Aubrey
A free kindle book, it was good but an average book. Nothing overly exciting happened, but the writing was good and the plot line was interesting enough to keep me reading.
Theo
I think what impressed me the most about this book was it's believability. The narrator's voice seemed incredibly genuine.
Sylvia
Poignant story of 14 year old Pamela. Mom committeed suicide and she must come to terms with it. Teenagers.
Jessie
Easily forgettable but mildly entertaining.
Kiera Bighetty
Kiera Bighetty is currently reading it
May 21, 2015
Erin
Erin added it
Apr 21, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Brianna Stevens
Brianna Stevens marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Simran
Simran marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Tan
Tan added it
Oct 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Katherine Holubitsky's first novel, Alone at Ninety Foot, (Orca), won the CLA Book of the Year for Young Adults and the IODE Violet Downey Book Award. She has also written Last Summer in Agatha, The Hippie House and The Mountain that Walked, all published by Orca. Katherine lives in Edmonton, Alberta.

For more information, please see http://www.answers.com/topic/katherin...
More about Katherine Holubitsky...
Tweaked The Hippie House Last Summer in Agatha The Big Snapper The Mountain That Walked

“...when you sit in a forest everything appears still. But it isn't really. If you listen and watch closely, life is happening everywhere around you...In silence, life keeps raging on.” 2 likes
“I have learned that no matter how bad, how really rotten your life gets - I mean,like,it just couldn't get any worse - there is always hope." -Pamela Collins” 1 likes