Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul: Stories to Celebrate the Lifelong Bond” as Want to Read:

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Just in time for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, this Chicken Soup book pays tribute to the special mother/son relationship.From the moment she hears “It’s a boy!” a special love blossoms in the heart of a mom and a bond unlike any other has begun. Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul celebrates the blessings and bruises, tears and triumphs, happiness and hopes of mothe ...more
Published August 21st 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul

Becki
I must have developed a heart of stone. When Chicken Soup for the Soul books first came out, I loved them. I owned several. The stories and anecdotes never failed to bring tears to my eyes.
This one did not have the same impact, even though I now have a son of my own. Maybe because he's only one. I'm not sure. But not a single story stood out to me or touched me in a particular way.
Kristy Trauzzi
I never got any heart warming feelings from reading this. It brought back no memories of my sons birth, no real excitement for what's to come . . . . I was very disappointed. I think they could do better. I have greater stories and my son is under 8 months old.
Kirei
Lots of sweet stories about the bond between a mother and a son. Good inspirational quotes, too. It never gets too heavy. I think this is probably my third Chicken Soul book and so far it is my favorite.
Karen
It was very touching, some made me cry; others made me laugh. I'm his Aunt but I could relate to some of the stories. I love my nephews and nieces like if they were my own :) Many Blessings!!
Judith Leger
My personal essay, Heart of Compassion is in this book. The story is about how a mother discovers that her six year old son has a Heart of Compassion.
Helen
I don't recommend reading this if you're fully pregnant and emotional, like me....unless you want a good cry or two.
Erin Coulter
Erin Coulter marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Mireille Pirman
Mireille Pirman marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Shannon Ann Bliesner marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Teena
Teena marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Julie Wells
Julie Wells marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Nurse Lisa in Ohio
Nurse Lisa in Ohio marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Tabitha Welch
Tabitha Welch marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Abigail Rivera
Abigail Rivera marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Farzan
Farzan is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tammy Low
Tammy Low marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Rosefire
Rosefire marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Ambar Soeparto
Ambar Soeparto marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Marianne Motto
Marianne Motto marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
M
M is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2015
Donalyn
Donalyn marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Edith DeCapite
Edith DeCapite marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
  • Uncle John's Heavy Duty Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #23)
  • Gianna: Aborted...and Lived to Tell about It
  • Fatal Illusions
  • A Woman After God's Own Heart
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos from Taking Over Your Life
  • Love Is a Decision
  • The Trouble With Lacy Brown (Mule Hollow, #1)
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury
  • Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)
  • Another Homecoming
  • Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Marriage Game
  • The New Tolerance: How a Cultural Movement Threatens to Destroy You, Your Faith, and Your Children.
  • Perfect Victim
  • Lucas Gets Hurt (Making Out, #7)

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women