Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul: Stories to Celebrate the Lifelong Bond” as Want to Read:

From the moment she hears, "It's a boy!" a special love blossoms in the heart of a mom and a bond unlike any other has begun. Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul celebrates the blessings and bruises, tears and triumphs, happiness and hopes of mothers and their sons.
Published August 21st 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul

Becki
Jan 01, 2015 Becki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, essays
I must have developed a heart of stone. When Chicken Soup for the Soul books first came out, I loved them. I owned several. The stories and anecdotes never failed to bring tears to my eyes.
This one did not have the same impact, even though I now have a son of my own. Maybe because he's only one. I'm not sure. But not a single story stood out to me or touched me in a particular way.
Kristy Trauzzi
Jan 09, 2012 Kristy Trauzzi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I never got any heart warming feelings from reading this. It brought back no memories of my sons birth, no real excitement for what's to come . . . . I was very disappointed. I think they could do better. I have greater stories and my son is under 8 months old.
ABC
Sep 12, 2012 ABC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teens-and-adults
Lots of sweet stories about the bond between a mother and a son. Good inspirational quotes, too. It never gets too heavy. I think this is probably my third Chicken Soul book and so far it is my favorite.
Judith Leger
Mar 18, 2008 Judith Leger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My personal essay, Heart of Compassion is in this book. The story is about how a mother discovers that her six year old son has a Heart of Compassion.
Helen
Oct 22, 2007 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't recommend reading this if you're fully pregnant and emotional, like me....unless you want a good cry or two.
Ros
Ros rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2011
Noah
Noah rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Jasmin
Jasmin rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
Alisa Bates
Alisa Bates rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Moon Angell
Moon Angell rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2017
Tamarus
Tamarus rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2011
Hafhaf
Hafhaf rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Trevor
Trevor rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
May 19, 2008
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2008
Cathy werda
Cathy werda rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Dezirae
Dezirae rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2009
Heather Foutch
Heather Foutch rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
Ilene
Ilene rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2008
Schmeetz
Schmeetz rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2011
Evie
Evie rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2009
Ashaley Lenora
Ashaley Lenora rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Anne Cross
Anne Cross rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2009
Andrew Cottam
Andrew Cottam rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Uncle John's Heavy Duty Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #23)
  • Stories for the Heart: Over 100 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • Love Is A Decision
  • The Trouble With Lacy Brown (Mule Hollow, #1)
  • Gianna: Aborted...and Lived to Tell about It
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos from Taking Over Your Life
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • Fatal Illusions
  • Perfect Victim
  • Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury
  • Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)
  • Being Leaders: The Nature of Authentic Christian Leadership
  • Where Do Nudists Keep Their Hankies?: ... and Other Naughty Questions You Always Wanted Answered
  • Another Homecoming
  • 2013 Yearbook of Jehovah Witnesses
  • Complete Financial Guide For Young Couples (Christian Financial Concept)
  • Men of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Men in Scripture
  • Swag: Southern Women Aging Gracefully

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...