Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul: Celebrating Bargains, Boutiques and the Perfect Pair of Shoes

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Shopaholics Unite!

You know it when you find it: the perfect black dress, the welcome mat for your first home, the yellow bunny sheets for your best friend's baby shower, the laundry basket your nephew will never use in college. Whatever the mission, shopping for yourself and others marks life's milestones, celebrates your passions and expresses your individuality. And most...more
Published August 21st 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul

Morgan St.
Whether you are looking for humor, nostalgia, just plain fun or a real grabber, this book is filled with delicious anecdotes. My story, "Shopping For Dancing Shoes" was about the last time I was able to take my mother shopping. It is the first story in the book.
Carol
I'm just finishing up Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul. Funny, I don't even like to shop so even though I love the Chicken Soup series, this one was a stretch for me. I was pleasantly surprised with the stories and as always with these stories that celebrate our eccentricities and life, there were some vignettes that touched my soul.

I laughed and reminisced with glee at Tsgoyna Tansman tale of trying to stuff flabby flesh that has gone south or in some cases north, into a sheath. The sales p...more
Kristin
Dec 10, 2009 Kristin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love to shop and may even live to shop
Recommended to Kristin by: Ollie's Bargain Outlet
I've read many Chicken Soup books, but didn't know this one existed until I saw it on the shelf at the discount store. As a fan of shopping, this one certainly appealed to me. A book all about people's shopping experiences may seem dull, but this might be my favorite of the Chicken Soup books. I like funny stories, I like heartwarming stories, and I like stories that I could live, and all of that was in here.
I won't lie, there was at least one story in here about the dilemma faced when shopping...more
Therese
Jan 08, 2013 Therese rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoppers, of course!
$1.49

I don't think I would have normally picked this up, but with all my cyber Monday shopping, it made me laugh and so I did. Besides I have always appreciated a great deal. It is how I was brought up and still am.

I don't consider myself a great shopper, but I appreciate a good bargain, and I think this book was. Chicken soup might be getting a little carried away with all of its stories, and still I guess it is nice to have a variety. I wouldn't recommend reading all of these at once because i...more
Maria
One of my best friends (a fellow shopaholic) gave me this book as part of my birthday present. I'd never read a "Chicken Soup" book before, but knew to expect uplifting stories. I got those stories with some life lessons thrown in...all wrapped up in a shopping theme. Cute, if you're into those sorts of reads.
Katy
Feb 13, 2009 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katy by: (Borrowed from Victoria J.)
This book was a really cute read. The reading was light and not time-consuming, which allowed me to set it down for a few days at a time, and read at ease when I could. I liked the sweet honesty of it. Would recommend it to any shopper.
Donna Ledesma
Way back more or less five years ago, I loved shopping. Seeing this book from that situation I guess this is a pretty entertaining book: how a simple trip at the mall could give you life's lessons along the way.
Mak
Me bangett..serba serbi belanja ada disini !
Theodosia Carlene Adkins
Theodosia Carlene Adkins marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Jessica Farley
Jessica Farley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Ramona Dempsey
Ramona Dempsey marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Tika We
Tika We marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 27, 2014
Manisha
Manisha marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Anai Alatorre
Anai Alatorre marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Mildred Plotka
Mildred Plotka marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Flo
Flo marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Aline
Aline marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Terry Mac
Terry Mac marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Rosalee
Rosalee marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)