Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul: Celebrating Bargains, Boutiques and the Perfect Pair of Shoes” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Shopaholics Unite!

You know it when you find it: the perfect black dress, the welcome mat for your first home, the yellow bunny sheets for your best friend's baby shower, the laundry basket your nephew will never use in college. Whatever the mission, shopping for yourself and others marks life's milestones, celebrates your passions and expresses your individuality. And most
Published August 21st 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul

Morgan St.
Whether you are looking for humor, nostalgia, just plain fun or a real grabber, this book is filled with delicious anecdotes. My story, "Shopping For Dancing Shoes" was about the last time I was able to take my mother shopping. It is the first story in the book.
Carol
I'm just finishing up Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul. Funny, I don't even like to shop so even though I love the Chicken Soup series, this one was a stretch for me. I was pleasantly surprised with the stories and as always with these stories that celebrate our eccentricities and life, there were some vignettes that touched my soul.

I laughed and reminisced with glee at Tsgoyna Tansman tale of trying to stuff flabby flesh that has gone south or in some cases north, into a sheath. The sales p
Kristin
Dec 10, 2009 Kristin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love to shop and may even live to shop
Recommended to Kristin by: Ollie's Bargain Outlet
I've read many Chicken Soup books, but didn't know this one existed until I saw it on the shelf at the discount store. As a fan of shopping, this one certainly appealed to me. A book all about people's shopping experiences may seem dull, but this might be my favorite of the Chicken Soup books. I like funny stories, I like heartwarming stories, and I like stories that I could live, and all of that was in here.
I won't lie, there was at least one story in here about the dilemma faced when shopping
Therese
Jan 08, 2013 Therese rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoppers, of course!
$1.49

I don't think I would have normally picked this up, but with all my cyber Monday shopping, it made me laugh and so I did. Besides I have always appreciated a great deal. It is how I was brought up and still am.

I don't consider myself a great shopper, but I appreciate a good bargain, and I think this book was. Chicken soup might be getting a little carried away with all of its stories, and still I guess it is nice to have a variety. I wouldn't recommend reading all of these at once because i
Nunik Kartikarini
one of the most refreshing, humiliating, but refreshing story block from Chicken Soup Series.
Maria
One of my best friends (a fellow shopaholic) gave me this book as part of my birthday present. I'd never read a "Chicken Soup" book before, but knew to expect uplifting stories. I got those stories with some life lessons thrown in...all wrapped up in a shopping theme. Cute, if you're into those sorts of reads.
Katy
Feb 13, 2009 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katy by: (Borrowed from Victoria J.)
This book was a really cute read. The reading was light and not time-consuming, which allowed me to set it down for a few days at a time, and read at ease when I could. I liked the sweet honesty of it. Would recommend it to any shopper.
Donna Ledesma
Way back more or less five years ago, I loved shopping. Seeing this book from that situation I guess this is a pretty entertaining book: how a simple trip at the mall could give you life's lessons along the way.
Mak
Me bangett..serba serbi belanja ada disini !
Olwethu
Olwethu marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Ringo
Ringo added it
Jul 20, 2015
Joanne
Joanne is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Dominique Webster
Dominique Webster marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Deidre Dorsett
Deidre Dorsett marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Sia Dhimar
Sia Dhimar marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Aryunani
Aryunani is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Adriana Zainuddin
Adriana Zainuddin is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • How to Cook a Tart
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Cancer Schmancer
  • All the Way Home: Building a Family in a Falling-Down House
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • Guys Like Girls Who . . .
  • Murder and Salutations (A Card Making Mystery, #3)
  • Eat Smart, Walk Strong: The Secrets to Effortless Weight Loss
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Uncle John's Third Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #3)
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Led by Faith: Rising from the Ashes of the Rwandan Genocide
  • Find the Upside of the Down Times
  • Philip's Atlas of World History: Concise Edition
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Perfect Piece (A Sisters, Ink Novel #4)
  • Soul Searching: A Girl's Guide to Finding Herself
  • Mixed Messages

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women