Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Women who love to knit are determined to find time to practice their craft, despite the many roles they fulfill throughout the day. They knit while traveling or commuting, while waiting for their kids, while socializing. Times like these call for projects that are easily transportable and have stitch patterns that are simple to memorize.

Véronik Avery has created 30 such pr...more
Published September 11th 2012 by STC Craft | Melanie Falick Books (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Knitting 24/7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting 24/7

Julie Barrett
Knitting 24/7 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock by Avery, Véronik
Publisher: ISBN: 9781453268124
I wanted to read this book especially because I think I can and probably have knitted 24/7 for a few days, even in my sleep.
Such classics and everyday items as wristers, socks/slippers, bags, skirt, vest, scarf, hats, pillow, shrug/shawls,
All are very easy to understand directions, and diagrams, some charted instructions, kitchen accessories and much more...
The book...more
Jo at Jaffareadstoo
The illustrations are really quite pretty and the easy to understand knitting instructions are very tempting - I wanted to make everything at once. I loved the way the book was divided into specific sections and the emphasis on morning, afternoon and weekend knitting was inspired.
There are very good sections which explain some of the more complicated techniques and a good abbreviation list. The list of yarn stockist is comprehensive and useful, as is the website address list.

It's one of those kn...more
Tberry
Beautiful pictures, only wish I had the talent to make half of the projects! My mom should check it out!
Kristine
The concept of fitting projects into bits of time throughout the day is great. Divided into AM, PM, and Weekend makes sense. The simplicity of the Travel Shawl is appealing. The Leafy Knot Clutch I've seen in ravelry or on some knitters site, and it's got cook construction. Ostrich Plumes Shawl is magnificent but super easy. The Mesh Layering Tank in allhemp is a cool idea. The Lacy Cable Socks have a neat twisted garter heel - smart! All patterns are by the author rather than contributors and t...more
Cayenne
A new knitting book favorite. Totally written for me, as I knit 24/7, or wish fervently that I could. I liked the projects so much I immediately cast on and finished the winter felted slippers and I am now working on the Grandfather Vest. Not sure yet if I'll end up buying it, but I only have it for so long from the library and I think I would make other projects from it if I owned it.
Polly
Cute, portable projects. Just what I need now I'm embarking on a 45-minute commute every day! I don't like this as much as Avery's earlier book, Knitting Classic Style, but it's still pretty good!
Melissa
Soooo many patterns to knit - several pretty hats and a beautiful ostrich feather-patterned shawl/scarf. Great styling and beautiful photographs by Thayer Allyson Gowdy. Although the projects are fairly simple there are no "how-to" instructions for a novice knitter beyond a brief explanation of special techniques in the appendix.
Lucy
I've had this book for a couple years, and have really enjoyed reading it and planning which patterns I want to make from it. Right now I am working on the Grandfather Vest. The patterns here are really well-written, and VERY generously sized. The vest is turning out to be enormous (and I even made a gauge swatch!!).
Jessica
I gave it 3 stars only because there was nothing in it I wanted to make, except for the felted slippers. It seemed like a good book otherwise with patterns with good "twists," or I guess interesting techniques that will keep an experienced knitter interested, but there were patterns good for beginners, too.
Lisa Headings
I've made a few of the projects in here and so far have been happy with the results. The instructions have been clear and easy to follow and the styles seem to suit my taste.
Jan
This collection of patterns is fresh and exciting. The variety is nice. Socks, hats, sweaters and more. The instructions are well written and the pictures are very good.
Susan
Great projects, beautiful hip models. Someday I hope to knit something from a pattern. I think my favorite are the lacy socks on the cover.
rabbitprincess
Jan 15, 2011 rabbitprincess rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to rabbitprincess by: Veronik's website
Lots of patterns I'm considering from this one: the knee socks, the grandfather vest, and especially that very smart olive heather skirt!
Jessica
Will def check this one out again! There are quite a few patterns I really like.
Kerry
This book is fabulous! I may actually have to put this on my amazon wish list!!
Patti
love Veronik Avery patterns, and there are several good ones in this book.
Spotting LOTS of things I would make -- hats and mittens especially.
Sue Smith
Awesome patterns for everyone! Lots of variety too.
Ann
Looking forward to making several of these patterns.
Betsy
A couple of patterns I would like to make.
Lalaknits
Reviewed in Episode 11 of theknitgirlls
One of my favorite designers!
Danni
Danni added it
Aug 18, 2014
Dauntless
Dauntless marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Aug 04, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 23, 2014
Djalal
Djalal marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives