Start by marking “Look What I Can Do!” as Want to Read:
Look What I Can Do!

Look What I Can Do!

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Things get easier every day. Just watch what I can do today! This affirming story celebrates how baby animals in the forest accomplish goals, whether it’s a baby bear finding food, a young spider spinning a web, or a small bird flying from the nest for the first time. The tender, rhyming text compares these achievements to those of a child who is learning to ride his bike ...more
Published March 12th 2013 by Harry N. Abrams (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Look What I Can Do!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look What I Can Do!

Mymcbooks
Apr 07, 2013 Mymcbooks rated it it was amazing
My Review: This is a well written rhyme book about baby animals who accomplish their goals no matter what. The book starts with a young deer learning how to stand up strong, “It’s not easy to stand up strong. I shake and sway, but move along”, or a little bird trying its best to fly. “It’s not easy to leave the nest. I flap my wings. I try my best.” A boy trying to hit a baseball, “It’s not easy to hit a ball. But I can catch it as it falls.”

Then the encouraging written words by the author “Frie
Mlh346comcast.net
E VIAU, N. Baby forest animals and children and how they overcome challenges and gain confidence at what they're doing.
Meg McGregor
May 03, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A wonderful story for every little one who wonders whether he or she will ever ride a bike, be old enough to go to school, get dressed by themselves, etc.

This beautifully illustrated book demonstrates that babies in the wild have to overcome obstacles with determination and perseverance. For example, a baby bird must learn how to fly, a baby raccoon must learn to climb, etc.

With that attitude instilled in our little ones, our children will soon be saying,"Mom or Dad, look what I can do!"

Read aga
Inge
Mar 05, 2014 Inge rated it did not like it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
Trite and typical.
susan nolan
toddler ?
Barbara
A good readaloud title for little ones just starting to test their wings, this book follows a fawn testing out its legs, a snake learning to slither fast, and a toad learning to catch flies on its tongue, among others, as each one finds that trying new things gets easier each day. The old adage that practice makes perfect applies here. Providing support for young risk-takers, the softly-hued illustrations celebrate the great outdoors affectionately.
Rachel Reinwald
Great book to show kids that learning things is not easy, don't give up, keep practicing. Shows baby animals practicing different things... like cubs trying to catch fish. An almost nonfiction version of leo the late bloomer using all kinds of wild animals. Eventually comes around to showing kids learning to do things to.

PREK-1st
Amy
Animals of the "forest, field, and stream," each attempt to do something that is a milestone for growth and development. Each does its best. At the end of the text, children are also doing the same. Story seems a bit weak.
Rachel
Mar 28, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
Simple rhyming text with supportive illustrations with a good message that is a little didactic.
Tracie
Apr 29, 2013 Tracie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Rhyming picture book that looks at what different animals can do (spiders spin webs, etc.)
Jodie
Easy to read story about growing up.
Roxanna
Roxanna rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Alvana
Alvana rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Prajyot Dagwar
Prajyot Dagwar marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Harper
Harper rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Nancy Kotkin
Nancy Kotkin rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Geni
Geni rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Heather Jo
Heather Jo rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Vestal Public Library
Vestal Public Library marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Cristi
Cristi rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2014
Kayla Orick
Kayla Orick marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Merche
Merche marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
NTE
NTE marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Nancy Viau is the author of three picture books: CITY STREET BEAT, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO! and STORM SONG. Her middle-grade novel, SAMANTHA HANSEN HAS ROCKS IN HER HEAD, was published in 2008. A new middle-grade, JUST ONE THING!, will be released in September 2016. Nancy is the founder of The KidLit Authors Club, a regional marketing group that includes 24 children’s book authors who bring interactive ...more
More about Nancy Viau...