Start by marking “Dead Wrong” as Want to Read:
Dead Wrong

Dead Wrong

When a top secret programme of implanting harrowing memories into innocent people comes to light, neurosurgeon Tom McCarthy is literally caught in the crossfire. Whilst McCarthy looks forward to a three day weekend, his office is suddenly raided by two Department of Defense investigators bent on arresting him for a crime he didn’t commit. All hell breaks loose when an ...more
Published March 7th 2015 by HighLine Editions (first published September 4th 2012)

Joyce McKune
May 08, 2013 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
I've never read this author before. Would have given it 5 stars if someone had bothered to read it before publishing. How could they miss the grammatical errors. They were very distracting.

Dr. McCarthy was doing some paperwork before leaving for a 3 day holiday weekend when a couple of thugs walked into his office and accused him of stealing DARPA documents.
Jeannette
Feb 13, 2013 Jeannette rated it liked it
I would have enjoyed the story much more if there hadn't been so many errors and transposed words in the ebook edition. If they need a good proof reader, I'm available. There is no excuse for the number of errors in such a short number of pages. Shame on you, makers of this ebook!
Jessica Bronder
Sep 15, 2014 Jessica Bronder rated it really liked it
Dead Wrong starts off with a mother panicking about her son being kidnapped, but her husband says that she has never had a kid. From there we move to Tom McCarthy. It is the Friday before Labor Day and he is excited about a three day weekend. Then two guys come in and demand to know what he did with the DARPA documents. Tom has no idea what is going on and escapes them after they kill his secretary. Sara Hamilton works in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and is also treating one of the victims ...more
Glen Stott
Jan 09, 2013 Glen Stott rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
A well-written thriller about a doctor who stumbles into a secret government program designed to transfer terrorists’ memories to human volunteers in order to retrieve information to fight terrorism. In the very beginning, we find that Dr. Wyse, an unethical brain surgeon, is running the illegal experiments in which he transplants brain tissue so the terrorist information can be transferred to a volunteer who would reveal. Government agents are after McCarthy intent on killing him to keep the ...more
Tea Time with Marce
From my blog - 3 1/2

I have read Dead End Deal by Allen Wyler, I enjoy his medical thrillers and so far can see it is a run for your life, medical competitive culture as a consistent style in his books.

It is annoying and a little unbelievable how Physicians can become 'God like' with their thinking, all powerful and will do what they want but with no morals. How dare they make life changing surgeries without patients knowing? The Physician doing this secret program is now scared to death that Dr.
Christine Staszko
Jan 21, 2015 Christine Staszko rated it it was ok
This is not a horrible book by all means. But after reading books like Deception Point, this book just sort of putters out compared to the fast paced action and suspense of other thrillers. I’m also getting a little worn out with Wyler’s medical thrillers. The story lines are becoming very similar in that there is always some male doctor that is confronted by strong-arms that accuse him of some crime or other and he’s forced into hiding until he can prove his innocence. The one thing that makes ...more
mari
Aug 01, 2014 mari rated it liked it
3.5

This is my third book by Allen Wyler that I have read. Still a fan.
I am a sucker for a good medical mystery and this one didn't disappoint.
It was a quick read, full of suspense, medical jargon and frightening going-ons within the hospitals in Seattle. Once again Wyler has me wondering what exactly is happening in the real hospitals.

Dead Wrong is fast paced and highly entertaining. I had a hard time putting it down.

I was a little disappointed with the formatting and typos within my e-copy of
Shannon
Feb 19, 2013 Shannon marked it as tried-reading
I really tried reading this book, but I just couldn't. After a really intriguing beginning, it bounces around too much and then drones on and on about things that don't really even seem all that pertinent to the story. Maybe I'll pick it up again one day and give it a second try, like on a day when the world runs out of other books to read and after I've finished the phone book and dictionary. As for now, my advice is to skip this book unless you're suffering from insomnia.
Joanne
Aug 10, 2014 Joanne rated it liked it
This book was definitely a page turner - an action-packed, suspenseful story of the "bad guys" chasing the "good guys." Underlying the chase was a storyline that left room for discussion about whether the "bad guys" were justified in some of their actions by their long term goals for helping individuals suffering from PTSD.
Yvonne Powderly
May 26, 2015 Yvonne Powderly rated it liked it
Read like an amateur writer. Places where the flow of the story were suspect. But good overall story.
Jade Watson
Aug 27, 2014 Jade Watson rated it it was ok
It's a good story but PAINFUL to read. I read it as an ebook and there were easily 100 errors or omitted words.
Versel Rush
Jul 27, 2013 Versel Rush rated it did not like it
Book plods along. By the end, you just don't car any more. The original part-brain surgery stuff-just goes away and it becomes nothing more than a "will they catch him" novel.
Shanna Chilcoat
Shanna Chilcoat rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2012
L J Bartholomew
L J Bartholomew rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Jim
Jan 18, 2014 Jim rated it liked it
Sooooo many typos... Who the hell proofread this ebook?!
arthur m lund jr.
arthur m lund jr. rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Joey Chesser
Joey Chesser rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Glenda Peery
Glenda Peery rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Jeremy K Pearl
Jeremy K Pearl rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Marcy Vandenberge
Marcy Vandenberge rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Sonia Watkins
Sonia Watkins rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Heidi Buzek
Heidi Buzek rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Devin Mclaughlin
Devin Mclaughlin rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2014
Dizydolly
Dizydolly rated it liked it
May 06, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Tony Steinman
Tony Steinman rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2013