Start by marking “Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1)

Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy #1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  315 ratings  ·  14 reviews
What was broken can be made whole.

Somewhere along the way, Kris Avelar’s life has taken a wrong turn. The promises she made to herself as a young artist have all been unfulfilled and, after yet another disastrous love affair, she has run away to find herself, and perhaps her ability to create, in isolation far from the city.

Her desire to be alone, however, is nothing compa...more
Published July 20th 2012 by Black Orion Press

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Crystal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Crystal

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
★★★★★! The Crystal Fragments, Book 1-3 (complete series). Impressive, captivating & intriguing w/ a super sexy alpha male.

Wow! What a debut by M.J. Lawless. I came across this trilogy while looking at Susan Johnson’s (aka C.C. Gibbs’) latest contemporary romance recently released in the UK. This series looked promising based on the description and the fact that the complete series was available was a huge plus in this “Everything trilogy” era. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy trilogies/series a...more
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
Jul 24, 2013 Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† by: SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
SueBee? Honestly. I freakin love you!! :D

FIVE FRACTURED STARS!!!!

Yuuuuuuuuuup

I'll push you - don't doubt that. I'll fucking push you, but I know you want to be pushed, want to push yourself

Daniel Logan is the fucking Alpha of all Alpha males! I have never met read a guy who could hold a candle to Daniel when it comes to domination, mystery and just... fuck-me-until-I-wobble-like-a-damn-penquin!

He has this calm, calculating way. I literally fade into the book even more when he's sprawled across...more
Kat Meyer
Wow!! This is quite a book! I wasn't sure how it was going to work out when I started reading it, Kris was a woman running from some heartbreaks in her life and escapes to a secluded cabin to reconnect and rejuvinate herself. And she surely does just that by meeting a handsome stranger, Daniel. Talk about tall, dark and mysterious! They only have 10 days but they learn and experience so much in just that short time. He intends to teach her the discipline she needs. Kris lets him, having never be...more
Sophie
This book is a bit like marmite, you're either going to like it or your not.
So, going into this I figured it would be pretty much post Fifty Shades pandemic 'inspired', and I guess it was a teeny bit, but definitely darker though. Not so much bdsm as both H&H have troubled pasts which results in them having a 'unique' and rocky relationship.
In the first few chapters there's not a lot of dialogue but a lot of descriptions. I so very nearly gave up as it seemed to take me forever to read just...more
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I got as far as 80% but unfortunately couldn't finish it. It's very well written, as m.j does, but did not connect with the characters or enjoy hardcore sex scenes.
Saunders
When I pick up a book like this I know that I am going to devour it. I did. From the opening of page one M J Lawless made that connection that I love and I was completely sucked into this story.

It had a plot, a conflict, a crisis and good character building.

The writing is strong and eloquent, the story is strong with explicit language and sex scenes but do not compare it to 50 Shade of Grey. It is better.

The catalyst that made Kris Avelar run from her life was another failed affair with another...more
PJ

Part of the above rating is my problem with books in a series. I want the whole dang drama in one gobble-up-athon. I don't want to read a whole second book about their angst. By the way, that scene with Felix freaked me out, especially as I thought he was Daniel's driver for a minute--I was like WTF, the BUTLER and Daniel DID it!? LOL Still, there's is an odd relationship and I can't believe Daniel didn't go after Kris...what a dick!...though that's actually true. Gosh I'm cracking mys...more
Jane Stewart
Riding the waves of 50 Shades of Grey. Not as powerful. Not as compelling.

The trilogy includes three books (each one is about a full-length novel):
Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission
Fragile Crystal: Rubies and Rivalries
Refracted Crystal: Diamond and Desire

I read the first book. I couldn’t get into it. Good looking girl works as a junior secretary for an insurance company. She meets wealthy businessman Daniel. He’s gorgeous and ripped. They each had a bad incident in their past which is...more
Helen Stothard
For some reason it wasn't an easy book to start with, it's a trilogy, he's a billionaire, although for a change the girl doesn't know this at the outset, and they meet in the middle of nowhere. It's worth persevering with though.

It's an enjoyable enough read, I bought and read all three of the trilogy, but it's another one where he has such a troubled past and he has to be in control all the time.

It's set in the UK which makes a change, but it was fairly predictable in places.
Nicola Higgins
I liked the sound of this book thats why i got it. But must admit i was rather shocked at how violent the sex parts were!! Was way past the whole 'fifty shades of grey' most of us are used too. However i did like the book, (kept trying to turn the page on my kindle app but relised it continues in book 2) altho most of the time im saying to myself the girl must be crazy for staying..... will have to get book 2 as i would like to see how the story pans out :)
Merrisa
3.5 Stars. I did enjoy this, but at times it seemed to get a bit wordy and drawn out for me. I do like Daniel as the alpha lead, and I think I could like Kris, but I had a hard time connecting with her in this book. We'll see what happens with the rest of the series.
Kathryn Wren
Really enjoyed it, I did think the sex started very quickly, Kris only walked into Daniels house for the second time and they were indulging in somewhat violent sex. Looking forward to reading the next installment to find out what happens.
Tanja
Fractured Crystal: Saphires and Submission has left me speechless. This book is dark and unsettling and wish there had been a warning. Something that said this: Please be advised that this book may contain material that some ads may find objectionable including forced seduction, anal play and sexual humiliation.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 2/27/13
Ana Katić
Ana Katić marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Serenaroserose
Serenaroserose marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Kuang
Kuang marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Mimo44
Mimo44 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Teresa Cranner
Teresa Cranner marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Nena
Nena marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Phillylady
Phillylady marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Olga Srismc
Olga Srismc marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Iza
Iza added it
Sep 09, 2014
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Undercover Submissive
  • Billionaire: Part 1 (Billionaire #1)
  • The Silken Edge (Silken Edge, #1)
  • Under By Duress
  • Set Loose (Sin City, #1)
  • Knots
  • The Businessman's Tie (The Power to Please, #1)
  • The Professor (The Professor, #1)
  • Exposed (The Billionaire Banker, #2.1)
  • Yours to Savor
  • Becoming His Muse (Becoming His Muse, #1)
  • Steel and Lace: The Complete Series (Lace, #1-4)
  • The Pet Shop (The Pet Shop, #1 - 3)
  • The Devil's Touch
  • One Dom at a Time (Club El Diablo, #1)
  • To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy, #1)
  • Between Brothers
M. J. Lawless has worked as a journalist for over a decade, and in the past five years has pursued freelance work for a number of publications. More recently, she has turned her hand to writing contemporary romance fiction, with her trilogy, Crystal Fragments, having been published in 2012. She also writes non-erotic fiction as Miriam Lawless.

She lives in the south west of England with her husband...more
More about M.J. Lawless...
The Crystal Fragments Trilogy (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1-3) Fragile Crystal: Rubies and Rivalries (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #2) Refracted Crystal: Diamonds and Desire (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #3) Rocks The Long Last Summer