Start by marking “CrossRoads” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
CrossRoads

Lori Hicks

CrossRoads

It's Hard to Forgive When You Can't Forget... Two-time Pushcart nominee, Author Lori Hicks gives a dramatic and suspenseful chronicling of the intersecting lives of four unforgettable characters. As young people, each character experiences a significant, life altering event that follows them into adulthood. This startling story explores the depth and disappointment of ...more
Published July 19th 2012 by My Voices Publishing (first published June 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about CrossRoads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CrossRoads

Lynda Kelly
Jan 15, 2013 Lynda Kelly rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted
Gave up on this at 25% of the way in when waved was replaced by waived 3 times in as many pages. Another line I read back again and again and it still made no sense-"Jason sadden with his statement". Sorry, but it needs an editor big-time. A character's name suddenly altered from Karl to Carl too. It was unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.
Such a waste of what seemed like it would have been an interesting story featuring 4 people whose lives intersect and where they live a serial killer is runn
Kat
Sep 23, 2012 Kat rated it it was amazing

Great story, shows you cannot avoid destiny however it's up to you how events will end. You are the one creating future and positive thinking attracts positive events.
Randi
May 25, 2013 Randi rated it really liked it
This book comes with 4 different characters' perspective. CrossRoads is an accurate title for the book. I like how these characters connected somehow even though one of them might not be directly connected to them for a long time. I liked learning about each character's life - it was well developed in my opinion. Later on, I preferred to read about the males' perspectives as they touched something in me that I felt that I could relate a little bit.

Madison - her life revolved around her cousin, w
Megan
Sep 26, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
Jill
Jun 23, 2013 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha "Sam" Green, Madison Morgan, Ethan Price and Jason Magnus each suffered traumatic experiences as children that affect their ability to love, trust and build long lasting relationships. Through a series of trials and tribulations, the four are brought together and each must make a decision that will affect the rest of their lives. It doesn't help that a serial killer is active in the area and each one could be the next victim.

There were run-on sentences, misspelled words and grammatical
Diana
Nov 18, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it

I enjoyed the story. The author did a good job foreshadowing a catastrophic event, that kept me reading long after I should have been asleep. The characters were memorable, and of course they each have tragic backstories since their lives intersect at a crisis center. I liked the message of forgiveness for the sake of the forgiver, as well as the forgiven, and no one is too far gone to be without hope of redemption.
Amy Geller
Sep 03, 2012 Amy Geller rated it it was ok
Too dark for my tastes. While I liked the character development, it became ominously tedious that bad things kept happening to all involved.
Pat
Pat rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Jody Louviere
Jody Louviere rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Jenifer Lamb
Jenifer Lamb rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2014
Karin McAuley
Karin McAuley rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2015
Michele Loussaert
Michele Loussaert rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Rianna
Rianna rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Tonya Oriole
Tonya Oriole rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2012
Pattie Stark
Pattie Stark rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Cheri Crystal
Cheri Crystal rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Katie
Jul 21, 2013 Katie rated it liked it
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Lee
Lee added it
Dec 07, 2012
Sandy Wolters
Sandy Wolters marked it as to-read
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Orlando
Orlando marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Penni
Penni marked it as to-read
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Michelle 'schlichte'
Michelle 'schlichte' marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2012
Glenda Castillo
Glenda Castillo marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2012
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Patricia Brooks
Patricia Brooks is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2012
Shawn Mcvay
Shawn Mcvay is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Katie Q
Katie Q marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013