Start by marking “Moon Shadows” as Want to Read:
Moon Shadows

Moon Shadows

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Not every werewolf is leader of the pack. Theo Dimitriadis, games tester by profession and werewolf by nature, has built himself a quiet life. But he puts himself into the public spotlight after he pulls Anastasia Shevchenko out of a river. This brings him to the attention of Max, Anastasia's brother. Max is a dog trainer who, like Theo, has a family secret. He's a medium, ...more
Published August 22nd 2012 by Torquere Press (first published August 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Shadows

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
366th out of 608 books — 1,418 voters
With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
373rd out of 692 books — 995 voters

More lists with this book...

MandyM
This new m/m paranormal romance is from the same author who wrote the excellent scifi romance Storms and Stars. This tale is more of a werewolf thriller. The book opens with Theo performing an almost impossible rescue of a young woman trapped in a submerged car. We realize very quickly that he is different, shy, geeky, and a werewolf. He falls very quickly for Max, the brother of the rescued woman.

Max is on the surface a successful, confident gay man. Underneath though, he is also hiding a famil
Yvonne
Theo is a werewolf and Max sees dead people. They both know what it's like to be weird and different, but while Max has channeled that by becoming outwardly cool and confident, Theo is shy, geeky and insecure. Nevertheless the two find that they share a passionate attraction towards one another.

In the meantime, there's a secondary story of menacing spirits involving members of Max & Theo's families and we get a mix of interesting characters involved.

I like the mix of the story and the roma
Fehu
Written for Pants Off Review

I’m a sucker for a well-written werewolf story and Moon Shadows did make me loose some pants!

It’s the ghost part that wasn’t all to my taste. Let me tell you why:

I missed the background about the ghosts, mediums, and why these shadows tried to cross into the world of the living. Also, about how spirits can possess humans. While I had some information about Theo and his werewolf family, the medium part was not really explained all that well.

After saving a woman, Theo b
Daesy
Charly
Interesting storyline, but I felt the mystery could have been handled better

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- There’s an interesting supernatural/paranormal/fantasy element in addition to the werewolf plot element. (see cons below also)
- I like that Theo still has some canine features even when he’s in human form. We get to see quite a few little insights into his awkwardness and disconnectedness from the human world. There’s one point, fo
Pia
Feb 18, 2015 Pia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: erotica
Elements of Max's emotional abuse towards Theo disturbed me (frequent invalidation, blame, seeking to change him as a person etc.) but it was addressed in the book, just not satisfactorily for me personally. Otherwise, very much enjoyed it, good chemistry between the main pair.
Meggie
This is a, really, weird written story. Actually I don't really understand the main plotted storyline surrounding the shadow spirits. What was their purpose? I don't know....
Anyway I didn't like this heavy atmosphere between Max & Theo, too. Each one had his own problem, before they could find a compromise and become a couple. Their path was to bitch for me. They could at least talk it out. Max is really unpleasant character, I really didn't like him.
Mandi
4.5 stars. I loved this. Took me awhile to warm up to Max, but I ended up loving him and Theo together. And Theo is just freakin adorable! Great, spooky plot, but not too sure what the purpose of the shadows. They were sinister, but we never knew exactly why they were here.

Other than that, awesome m/m werewolf/ghost story. Recommended!
Kristy Maitz
From the review that story sounded really interesting but when I started to read I did not like it. Both main characters Max and Theo are unattractive and how they come together and there first sex together is like - ugly. Witting style is weak.
Damian Serbu
Cute read, with solid and diverse characters. Loved the werewolf writing, which was unique and fun. Most of all, in the midst of the romance, this author wrote some creepy dark ghost kind of stuff that was AWESOME!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Joy Brown
Joy Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Gabby
Gabby marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
T. Strange
T. Strange marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Gaa-chan
Gaa-chan marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 20, 2014
Fadia Pierre
Fadia Pierre marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jan 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Neena Jaydon is a graduate student working on her English MA. When she's not researching or teaching, she writes M/M romances set in SF/F universes. Distracting her are a household crammed full of family and pets, the Intarwebz, and a growing army of Asian Ball-jointed Dolls. Her first novel, Storms and Stars, was published by Torquere Press in January of 2012. She's currently working on a novella ...more
More about Neena Jaydon...
Storms and Stars The Calm Before Skin and Hide Digging Without a Shovel