Start by marking “Pillow Talk” as Want to Read:
Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk (Pillow Talk #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  334 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Dear Author,
This photo shows two young men asleep in bed together. Sweetness, trust, absolute comfort with each other. So are they just friends or what?

Photo Description: Two young men sleeping on a bed together. Fully clothed and lying on top of the covers, the one in back sleeps on the other's back with his arm tucked around his midsection, hugging him in sleep.

This sto
Published July 5th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Pillow Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pillow Talk

Adam
It's like sugar in text-form.
description

Is it realistic and believable? Absolutely not. I mean, Scott and Jimmy had practically been dating for years without actually realizing that they were dating. And I'm talking about sleeping in the same bed almost every night and occasionally showering together kind of dating.

Yet it was funny, sweet, and a quick read. The cute moments between the two, the petty jealousies, and the slow realization that the two want more. And of course, there's that hot scene at the e
Nina
I would have liked review #250 to be something beautiful and explosive, but oh well.
Yes, that was a kinda convoluted way to let you know that I've written 250 fucking reviews (in less than a year). So proud, gosh.

Anyhow, the story. The basics of it? It was so, so cute! Just heartwarming sugary fluff. Written cotton candy. An edible pillow.
For starters, it's very well written. No unnecessary wordiness, but a smooth prose that flows well and lets you get into the story.
The characters are solid and
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I know that I have read and reviewed this one and that I actually had a convo on a thread about it, alas...GR seemed to have eaten it! :(
I know it was sweet and cute, but I remember I had some issues that didn't work for me.
I'll reread at some point and try again!
Angela
Jan 13, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-story, free, liaw, humor
Smile worthy, friends-to-lovers, roommates, GFY, humorous, HEA, fluffy read goodness! :-)
Bettye Kanady
Dec 05, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I really liked this book despite wanting to beat the crap out of Scott and Jimmy. The boys had been best friends since college, when "forced to share a dorm room" and have been inseparable ever since; literally! Jimmy was going to med school and Scott was working on a Doctorate, he just hadn't settled on a subject, but they got a small apartment to share; Jimmy slept in Scott's bed more than he slept in his own. Scott was the "out and proud" one, while Jimmy was as straight as a 2x4. However, th ...more
Kendra T
Aug 07, 2014 Kendra T rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story about best friends Jimmy and Scott. They are very, very, very close and sometimes hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, even though Scott is gay and Jimmy is straight. I liked their relationship but the jump from friends to lovers seemed very fast. There was no real build up. (view spoiler) ...more
Courtney
Feb 14, 2016 Courtney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Alright. I liked Jimmy, and I think I liked Scott, but there were a few things off about this story. First, this was not some unexpected GFY. Jimmy obviously wanted Scott from the very first page. Scott was either an idiot or the author was trying way too hard to make it seem unexpected. (view spoiler) ...more
Susan
Aug 31, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, free, z-2012
This was such a sweet story.(view spoiler)
Dec 12, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This was perfect for me. Just enough sap, but not too much. Hot sex, humor and a good flow. Loved it all. Will look into reading more from this author.
Fairy / Anna
This is a story about two young men, who are best friends and roommates for a long time. Reader can see from the beginning that there is something more between them than male friendship. But MC's need some time to acknowledge this fact.
There was nothing new or original, but I enjoyed it. Sweet and cuddly, perfect if you're in the mood for something like that. 'Friends to lovers' and 'gay for you' are combined. Do you like those themes? Go for it :)
Moa
Apr 06, 2015 Moa rated it it was amazing
This was the cutest book I have ever read!! I'm serious, this book was all fluff and rainbows and unicorns. I would've loved it if this book was longer because it was just so good!

Jimmy & Scott:

Aniko
Sep 09, 2012 Aniko rated it really liked it
I would have given this a higher rating if it weren't for the excessive use of the phrase 'the man'. 103 times in 58 pages, and often in the same paragraph, just becomes an annoyance that pulls the reader out of the story. What I did really like about this story was the MCs. They were completely adorable, and the story was sweet and funny.
Eli Easton
Apr 22, 2013 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I love friends-to-lovers stories and really enjoyed this one. Jimmie and Scott were very cute and I loved their affectionate relationship. The 'I want you but I can't' did drag on a bit long, I thought, but I still really enjoyed this read and found it sweet and sexy.
Pixie
May 21, 2015 Pixie rated it it was ok
Shelves: man-on-man-luvin
Not bad but….something was missing. What’s up with spending 4 years alluding to the fact you want to totally dick down your roommate, yet your roommate missing all the signs because they think your straight. Come on…seriously.
Bookbee
Nov 27, 2012 Bookbee rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

My previous review seems to have disappeared! :( But by my records, I gave the story 4 stars...so I must have liked it a lot! :)
MLE
Oct 31, 2012 MLE rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Cute, and sweet, but the "I'm not gay I just love you" shit is getting pretty old. The epilogue was more than a little too saccharine for me as well.
L-D
Aug 25, 2012 L-D rated it really liked it
Very sweet free download from the Love is Always Write series. Thank you JH Knight for sharing your talent with your readers :)
Pamela Su
Amusing short.

It's a bit funny to me how blind the characters are about their love for each other.

Lav123
Nov 13, 2012 Lav123 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It's a perfect book when you want some fluff and a happy ending.
Connie
Love it! great GFY story. adorable and funny characters.
Katie Rasmussen
Jan 07, 2013 Katie Rasmussen rated it it was amazing
Wow - Totally loved the characters and this story. XD
jules0623
So lovely! I adore this!
Mikey Chapman
Aug 12, 2014 Mikey Chapman rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-themed
An excellent short story!
It is everything you want it to be, cheerful and light-hatred, it is also cute, hot and steamy! Absolutely packs everything into its small number of pages.
I read it over a couple of glasses of wine, while not expecting great shakes from it, it portrays every (I am taking a liberty here) gay mans fantasy of what a relationship should be like - If only things could work like that in the real world!
Anita
Nov 15, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, novella
After reading The Last Thing He Needs by J.H. KnightI had to find all of this author's other works. So glad I did. This was an awesome read. Sweet, sexy and beautiful.
Audrey
Photo, for posterity:

My favorite LiAW story thus far. Great characters bursting with personality. My only quibble was the epilogue, which I didn't think added much and instead kind of took away from the momentum for me. Regardless, awesome and FREE. :D

This story is available as a freebie as part of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's Love is Always Write event. You can read it here or download the book on the book page, Pillow Talk.
Jessica
Jan 03, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I don't know what it is about J.H. Knight, but her words are absolutely magical. I wanted these boys to get their HEA right from the first word and the way she pulled them together was absolutely perfect.
Lala
This was...okay, I guess. Another run-of-the-mill story of friends/roommates turning lovers. I love these authors's books, but this one was utterly forgettable. Albeit cute.
Katy Beth Mckee
Aug 02, 2014 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Scott and Jimmy are college roommates and friends. It get the feeling it could be more but they to stop joking around with each other and get serious. Great story.
Tutu
Nov 30, 2012 Tutu rated it liked it

This was indeed a very sweet book but…..I gotta say this…..it was completely unbelievable. There is no way they could have had that relationship for so many years and stayed friends. The story was enjoyable, but you have to start by saying, OK this is fiction, let’s say I could believe this and then continue reading. Otherwise it’s just annoying and totally improbable.
Also, I usually like epilogues that take us years later in their relationship, it eases my mind knowing that they really
Lila Hunter
A beautiful friends to loves story. Really sweet and detailed. I wished it had a longer development after the MCs got together.
  • In Over His Head
  • Stuck on You
  • Show Me Yours
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • A Competitive Edge
  • West, Haven
  • Lead Us Not
  • An Oral Fixation
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • And Then He Said I'm Beautiful
  • Just Be
  • Marking Time
  • Man-to-Man Coverage
  • A Hard Dazed Knight
J.H. Knight has been writing love stories since the second grade. When she’s not catering to the whims of her imaginary friends (whom she sometimes refers to as “characters”), she’s usually found driving her four children all over the planet, working on a school project, or saying things like “Not until your homework is done!”

A Pacific Northwest native, she loves the outdoors in every season wheth
More about J.H. Knight...

Pillow Talk (2 books)