Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk (Love is Always Write)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  34 reviews
This photo shows two young men asleep in bed together. Sweetness, trust, absolute comfort with each other. So are they just friends or what?

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's 'Love is Always Write' event. You can download this story as a free ebook on this book page.
Published July 5th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads (first published January 1st 2012)

Nina
I would have liked review #250 to be something beautiful and explosive, but oh well.
Yes, that was a kinda convoluted way to let you know that I've written 250 fucking reviews (in less than a year). So proud, gosh.

Anyhow, the story. The basics of it? It was so, so cute! Just heartwarming sugary fluff. Written cotton candy. An edible pillow.
For starters, it's very well written. No unnecessary wordiness, but a smooth prose that flows well and lets you get into the story.
The characters are solid and...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I know that I have read and reviewed this one and that I actually had a convo on a thread about it, alas...GR seemed to have eaten it! :(
I know it was sweet and cute, but I remember I had some issues that didn't work for me.
I'll reread at some point and try again!
Bettye Kanady
Dec 05, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I really liked this book despite wanting to beat the crap out of Scott and Jimmy. The boys had been best friends since college, when "forced to share a dorm room" and have been inseparable ever since; literally! Jimmy was going to med school and Scott was working on a Doctorate, he just hadn't settled on a subject, but they got a small apartment to share; Jimmy slept in Scott's bed more than he slept in his own. Scott was the "out and proud" one, while Jimmy was as straight as a 2x4. However, th...more
Susan
This was such a sweet story.(view spoiler)
Fairy / Anna
This is a story about two young men, who are best friends and roommates for a long time. Reader can see from the beginning that there is something more between them than male friendship. But MC's need some time to acknowledge this fact.
There was nothing new or original, but I enjoyed it. Sweet and cuddly, perfect if you're in the mood for something like that. 'Friends to lovers' and 'gay for you' are combined. Do you like those themes? Go for it :)
Aniko
I would have given this a higher rating if it weren't for the excessive use of the phrase 'the man'. 103 times in 58 pages, and often in the same paragraph, just becomes an annoyance that pulls the reader out of the story. What I did really like about this story was the MCs. They were completely adorable, and the story was sweet and funny.
This was perfect for me. Just enough sap, but not too much. Hot sex, humor and a good flow. Loved it all. Will look into reading more from this author.
Bookbee
4.5 Stars

My previous review seems to have disappeared! :( But by my records, I gave the story 4½ stars...so I must have liked it a lot! :)
MLE
Oct 31, 2012 MLE rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
Cute, and sweet, but the "I'm not gay I just love you" shit is getting pretty old. The epilogue was more than a little too saccharine for me as well.
L-D
Very sweet free download from the Love is Always Write series. Thank you JH Knight for sharing your talent with your readers :)
Angela
Smile worthy, friends-to-lovers, roommates, GFY, humorous, HEA, fluffy read goodness! :-)
Lav123
Loved it. It's a perfect book when you want some fluff and a happy ending.
Connie
Love it! great GFY story. adorable and funny characters.
Katie Rasmussen
Wow - Totally loved the characters and this story. XD
Audrey
Photo, for posterity:

My favorite LiAW story thus far. Great characters bursting with personality. My only quibble was the epilogue, which I didn't think added much and instead kind of took away from the momentum for me. Regardless, awesome and FREE. :D

This story is available as a freebie as part of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's Love is Always Write event. You can read it here or download the book on the book page, Pillow Talk.
Eli
Jul 08, 2014 Eli rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult, mm
It was a good short story up until the place where they decided to be together. That was rushed and it was like the author just wanted to finish the story. I did enjoy most of it, though.
Tutu

This was indeed a very sweet book but…..I gotta say this…..it was completely unbelievable. There is no way they could have had that relationship for so many years and stayed friends. The story was enjoyable, but you have to start by saying, OK this is fiction, let’s say I could believe this and then continue reading. Otherwise it’s just annoying and totally improbable.
Also, I usually like epilogues that take us years later in their relationship, it eases my mind knowing that they really...more
Lila Leigh Hunter
A beautiful friends to loves story. Really sweet and detailed. I wished it had a longer development after the MCs got together.
Shahreen
Karen
Jul 07, 2013 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A sweet, short friends-to-lovers story. Most of the book was based on Jimmy's reputation as a womanizer and Scott's penchant for one night stands. They've been best friends for years, and their friendship has graduated to the cuddle buddies stage. Still, Scott has no clue, and while this seems a bit unrealistic, the story is still endearing--a fun read. The epilogue was so predictable, but that's okay, too. Not a bad way to spend an hour or two on a rainy afternoon.
Eli Easton
3.5 Stars. I love friends-to-lovers stories and really enjoyed this one. Jimmie and Scott were very cute and I loved their affectionate relationship. The 'I want you but I can't' did drag on a bit long, I thought, but I still really enjoyed this read and found it sweet and sexy.
Pamela Su
Amusing short.

It's a bit funny to me how blind the characters are about their love for each other.

Sam
3.5/5

Sweet, warm and fuzzy story. A bit far-fetched but that was part of its charm. A few less "the man"s and a slightly faster resolution (I did chant 'come on already' one or twice ... or three times) and it might have scored 4/5.
Kallie
F-ing loved it! I was rooting for them to get together and I love how it took them what seems like forever to be together. Wonderful read, well done.
Victoria
3.5 - Sweet friends to lovers story. Love the interpretation of the photo. Thank you J. Knight, for donating your story, time and talent.
Sannah
This was a silly sweet romance. Hard to believe and hard to rate.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • In Over His Head
  • Show Me Yours
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells (Love is Always Write)
  • This Little Piggy Went to Jersey
  • Stuck on You (Love is Always Write)
  • Lead Us Not (Love is Always Write)
  • Like So Much Hot Air (Love is Always Write)
  • The Portrait of his Sublimity
  • Heartstrings
  • West, Haven (Love is Always Write)
  • Take a Breath (Love is Always Write)
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Just Be
  • Marking Time (Love is Always Write)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)
  • And Then He Said I'm Beautiful (Love is Always Write)
J.H. Knight has been writing love stories since the second grade. When she’s not catering to the whims of her imaginary friends (whom she sometimes refers to as “characters”), she’s usually found driving her four children all over the planet, working on a school project, or saying things like “Not until your homework is done!”

A Pacific Northwest native, she loves the outdoors in every season wheth...more
More about J.H. Knight...
A Simple Romance So Hot With Love What Remains of Us In A Perfect World The Last Thing He Needs