Start by marking “The Outbreak (Fyre Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Outbreak (Fyre Trilogy #1)

The Outbreak (Fyre Trilogy #1)

did not like it 1.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
Lily Hamilton is struggling to survive in a world filled with zombies, something she thought only existed in movies. Living on her own, she's doing anything and everything she can to survive. But, when things seem to be getting back to a normal she can live with, she's uprooted from everything she's ever known.

But, has her world been one horrible lie?

Cover photograph cop
ebook
Published January 21st 2014 by Self-published (first published August 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Outbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outbreak

Meant To Be by Mark  MillerGod's Counterpoints by Crystal LinnThe Hand of God by Giovanni GelatiSnake in the Water by George Michael LoughmuellerPerfect Nothing by Rachel   Hunter
Trestle Press
27th out of 96 books — 13 voters
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie RyanThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie RyanRot & Ruin by Jonathan MaberryThe Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie RyanHollowland by Amanda Hocking
YA Zombie Novels
116th out of 237 books — 766 voters

More lists with this book...

Mark Carver
Mar 08, 2013 Mark Carver rated it really liked it
I've seen a few zombie films and I enjoy The Walking Dead TV series, but I never considered myself a "zombie fan." At least I wasn't, until I read Tayler Wright's The Outbreak.

Don't expect any social commentary or overly-sentimental end-of-the-world romance. What you get is a wall-to-wall slaughterfest. Every page is practically soaked in blood and brains. The human element is there, of course, though I wish it had been a bit more prominent. Lily Hamilton, the lead character, launches into Rambo
Stephanie
Jun 01, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was a bit leery of this book upon receiving it. I was curious as to how the story of a zombie apocalypse could be told in under 200 pages. However, once I began Tayler Wright's, The Outbreak, I could not stop. I was intrigued by the simplicity and ease of Wright's writing and the page turning way she went into this story. By skipping all of the usual build up, Wright jumped right into the action.
My only criticism would be the lack of a background story for some of the main cha
Cheryl Marie
Jul 27, 2015 Cheryl Marie rated it it was ok
This book started off good enough, noticed a few incorrect use of words or misspellings, but nothing crazy. Characters were easy enough to like, but not well developed. I guess, what I can say is, nothing impressed me. No real big turn in events, or obstacle...Everything came easy (someone mentioned like everyone was a perfect shot, that's a good example) and then when something big is revealed the book just ends. I think it's a good start to a novel, but just that a start, it's not a whole ...more
Kim Roberts
Jun 03, 2015 Kim Roberts rated it liked it
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This was a nice and quick read and I completed it in a few hours. As far as the zombie genre goes it ticks all the right boxes and was set up well and the characters were interesting. The author did put her own twist on the story and this helps separate it from other zombie books I have read and made it bit different to the run of the mill zombie apocalypse tale. Overall this is an enjoyable book and is worth a read if you are ...more
Karen
Apr 13, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.I found myself immersed in the story from the first page.The story centers around a strong young woman trying to survive in a world overrun by zombies.I really enjoyed this book until the last chapter.The ending seemed underdeveloped and left me feeling i needed more resolution.Overall I enjoyed the book and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Kelly Rickard
Jun 07, 2015 Kelly Rickard rated it it was amazing
This is the author's first book and it was really good.

Lily Hamilton is in a zombie apocalypse. This book went nearly straight into the action with hardly any build up which is refreshing also it's a shorter book and a nice page turner leaving you wanting more. Then are a few characters in their but mainly Lily is the only character for a few. I'm glad Macy was there and the twist at the end was awesome.
Diane T.
A zombie tale with a twist, this one will stick with me for a while. The characters were easy to like and follow. The pace of the book was good. I even found myself re-reading parts of it because I was surprised by the ending. Not many books can surprise me so big kudos to the author on that.
All in all, I will look forward to reading more by this author. There is the promise of really good things to come here and I can't wait.
hIpnoticraQs
May 31, 2015 hIpnoticraQs rated it liked it
Perfect zombie apocalypse book for anyone aged 15 years or older. Not too much gore or foul language. All of the MAIN characters were easy enough to like, they just seemed to have it a bit too easy, all were expert marksmen. The story keeps a steady pace, not really any slow spots, has a unique and unexpected twist in the end. This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.
Tayler Wright
Apr 07, 2015 Tayler Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jayson Bykowski
Jayson Bykowski rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Neisa
Neisa rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Christine Swies
Christine Swies rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2016
Trestle Press
Trestle Press rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Amy Soler
Amy Soler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Nadine Simpson
Nadine Simpson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Liz Calderon
Liz Calderon marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Karen Malena
Karen Malena marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
jenny
jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Lisa Sterling-peek
Lisa Sterling-peek marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
McKayla Sterling
McKayla Sterling marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
Rachel Bailey
Rachel Bailey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Jenifer
Jenifer marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Zeinab
Zeinab marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Yelena Ilyukhina
Yelena Ilyukhina marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Lynnea
Lynnea marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Izzy Mercer
Izzy Mercer marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
A college student/dirt bike racer-turned-author, Tayler Wright spends most days reading or writing or working on other projects or taking care of her cats.
More about Tayler Wright...

Fyre Trilogy (2 books)
  • The Quarantine (The Fyre Trilogy #2)