Start by marking “Summer Heat” as Want to Read:
Summer Heat

Summer Heat

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When Cat is unceremoniously dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, she decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.
Published August 20th 2012 by Ladylit

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

grumpybybirth
Each book from Harper Bliss is better then the last. Harper tells short stories that have it all. Love, sex, a plot and belivable characters.

Cat and Rose are hot together. Love the forbidden aspect of the relationship.

A great read, I would suggest for any fan of F/F.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book Synopsis: Summer Heat tells the story of Cat, who, after being dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.

What a fabulous read!!!!

Great character development - Cat and Rose are so endearing and I loved the interaction between the two. I became so engaged in the whole build-up
Skily
It was a good short read
Ameliah Faith
Love with a Cougar.

Having been dumped by her girlfriend, Cat decides to go on holiday with her parents. While in Italy they stay with the widow of her father’s friend. Rose discretely flirts with Cat although Cat doesn’t understand why. She has, after all, been friends with her parents since Cat was a child. She is after all ‘off limits’…. Right?

I’ve said it time and again, “Wow, Ms. Bliss can write”. This is a definite scorcher with a cougar twist so I’m out of the world happy with it. Rose i
Jade Evans
amazing

It was amazing. I'm definitely going to read this over again. I love the idea of Italy , I've been there before and it brought back memories of my trips to Italy. I just absolutely love it.
Lisa Wellott
Sexy and steamy little short story loved it! Loved the location of Tuscany also!
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- F/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- No
Is this a review book or personal read :- Personal read

Why I chose this book?

I'm reading all the books by this author

What I liked about this book.

* It compliments Younger than yesterday perfectly.
* It's a hot little read.
* The story was sweet.

What I didn't like about this book.

Nothing

Would I read more from this
Justin
My very first Harper bliss story was wetter and I didn't enjoy it, I thought it was to short with not enough story and the story that was there was unbelievable. Since then I found that most of her stories are not like that, this one especially since the chance to jump right into sex was passed up because of the main characters feelings over recently being dumped. The story was equally romantic as it was erotic which is uncommon in a short story like this one. Five stars.
Kent
This was another wonderful story by Harper Bliss. I'm not sure which view point I enjoyed more. They were both excellent. I think it is really cool to be able to read it from both perspectives. Well done! I would love to know how it goes back in London.
Skye Burling-Briggs
Cat is gorgeous, seriously what's not to love??? The build up to there relationship is a beautiful one. Soft and sensual yet extremely hot! Such a well written piece that I wish was lengthened into a full novel.
María Castro
María Castro marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Yuun
Yuun marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Kurt
Kurt marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Velia
Velia added it
Aug 22, 2015
Eel
Eel marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
  • Entangled
  • Language Lessons
  • Beyond Curious
  • Parties in Congress
  • Always Faithful (The Faithful Series, #1)
  • Winds of Heaven
  • Conquest
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • After Mrs Hamilton
Harper Bliss is the author of the High Rise series, the French Kissing serial and several other lesbian romance and erotica titles. She is the co-founder of Ladylit Publishing, an independent press focusing on lesbian fiction.

Harper lives in Hong Kong with her wife and, regrettably, zero pets.
More about Harper Bliss...
Wetter New Girl Fool for Love (High Rise, #1) At the Water's Edge French Kissing: Episode One