Start by marking “Summer Heat” as Want to Read:
Summer Heat

Summer Heat

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When Cat is unceremoniously dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, she decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.
Published August 20th 2012 by Ladylit

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

Exina

After an unforeseen and painful breakup, Cat joins her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany to recover. She has not much time for brooding over her unfaithful ex-girlfriend and the perfectly planned tour around the Greek Islands she missed as an unexpected summer romance blossoms.
I chuckle and think life could be worse than being stuck with a gorgeous woman, in a convertible on an Italian country road, on the way to a winery. Perhaps it’s even better than Lesbos.

Light and sweet st
grumpybybirth
Aug 22, 2012 grumpybybirth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
Each book from Harper Bliss is better then the last. Harper tells short stories that have it all. Love, sex, a plot and belivable characters.

Cat and Rose are hot together. Love the forbidden aspect of the relationship.

A great read, I would suggest for any fan of F/F.
Lucy Felthouse
Jan 01, 2016 Lucy Felthouse rated it it was amazing
Summer Heat is a lesbian erotic romance short story by Harper Bliss. It is a very short story, so I don't want to say too much about it and give the whole thing away. The main character, Cat, is dumped by her girlfriend, and as a result, ends up going away on holiday with her parents. She doesn't particularly want to be there, but figures it's better than being home alone. Soon after arrival in beautiful Tuscany, however, it's not just the sunshine that's raising her temperature.

This is a very s
Miriam
This was a fun but forgettable read, perfect for the beach or bedtime. Unfortunately, most of this book felt like it was just going through the motions. The characters' appearances weren't described at all until about a third of the way through. I didn't even know for sure there was a mutual attraction between the leads of a romance novel until nearly halfway through the book! All in all, it's decent for the price of free, but I'd recommend looking elsewhere for your girl-on-girl kicks.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book Synopsis: Summer Heat tells the story of Cat, who, after being dumped by her girlfriend right before their holiday, decides to join her parents on their annual trip to Tuscany. Prepared for two weeks of sun-drenched melancholy, she finds much more than nostalgia in the house where she used to spend her summers as a child.

What a fabulous read!!!!

Great character development - Cat and Rose are so endearing and I loved the interaction between the two. I became so engaged in the whole build-up
Lexy Guido
Jun 20, 2016 Lexy Guido rated it it was ok
** 2 dirty cougar STARS**

Lectura rápida y sencilla.
Erótica y ya.

description
justLezfic
Jun 19, 2016 justLezfic rated it liked it
F/F erotica

This is a super short erotic fantasy following a recently dumped 31 year old lead who ends up vacationing with her parents in Tuscany. They are staying at the home of a 48 year old family friend (Rose). Despite losing her partner, Cat quickly perks up at the attentions of the older Rose and is distracted by visions of Rose in her bikini. It is written in first person from Cat's point of view. Cat is a lesbian and Rose is supposedly straight... or was. Eventually they find tim
Seb
May 28, 2016 Seb rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
3.5* Short and sweet. I am looking forward to reading the same story from the other m/c perspective Younger Than Yesterday
Lady
Cat was planning on taking her two week vacation with her girlfriend not spend the time with her parents on their vacation. Cat's girlfriend dumps her shortly before they are set to go. Now she's spending her vacation with her parents on their vacation in Tuscany at an old friend's house. Cat thought that she would spend the time by the pool sulking. But things don't turn out that way. Two unexpected happens while she there that she never thought would happen.

This book was okay. There was a few
Skily
Dec 27, 2012 Skily rated it liked it
It was a good short read
Ameliah Faith
Aug 15, 2015 Ameliah Faith rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Love with a Cougar.

Having been dumped by her girlfriend, Cat decides to go on holiday with her parents. While in Italy they stay with the widow of her father’s friend. Rose discretely flirts with Cat although Cat doesn’t understand why. She has, after all, been friends with her parents since Cat was a child. She is after all ‘off limits’…. Right?

I’ve said it time and again, “Wow, Ms. Bliss can write”. This is a definite scorcher with a cougar twist so I’m out of the world happy with it. Rose i
Jade Evans
Jan 04, 2015 Jade Evans rated it it was amazing
amazing

It was amazing. I'm definitely going to read this over again. I love the idea of Italy , I've been there before and it brought back memories of my trips to Italy. I just absolutely love it.
Natalie Williams
Jun 04, 2016 Natalie Williams rated it really liked it
Great book

I read this book an about 3 hours. Was a great book.
It had a wonderful storyline and the character's personalities made the story even better.
Naomi Ford
Feb 11, 2016 Naomi Ford rated it it was amazing
Beautiful short story

I loved this short story. I would love to read another story about their life back in England. Anything by Harper is a must read for me.
Cori Kane
Sep 07, 2015 Cori Kane rated it really liked it
I really like Bliss' characterization which stands out even in these short stories.
Lisa Wellott
Feb 26, 2015 Lisa Wellott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
Sexy and steamy little short story loved it! Loved the location of Tuscany also!
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- F/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- No
Is this a review book or personal read :- Personal read

Why I chose this book?

I'm reading all the books by this author

What I liked about this book.

* It compliments Younger than yesterday perfectly.
* It's a hot little read.
* The story was sweet.

What I didn't like about this book.

Nothing

Would I read more from this
FionaH
WOW! Just Wow!
Justin
Dec 31, 2014 Justin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, lgbt
My very first Harper bliss story was wetter and I didn't enjoy it, I thought it was to short with not enough story and the story that was there was unbelievable. Since then I found that most of her stories are not like that, this one especially since the chance to jump right into sex was passed up because of the main characters feelings over recently being dumped. The story was equally romantic as it was erotic which is uncommon in a short story like this one. Five stars.
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read
32pg romantica
Kent
Jan 20, 2014 Kent rated it it was amazing
This was another wonderful story by Harper Bliss. I'm not sure which view point I enjoyed more. They were both excellent. I think it is really cool to be able to read it from both perspectives. Well done! I would love to know how it goes back in London.
Skye Burling-Briggs
Jun 20, 2013 Skye Burling-Briggs rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, harper-bliss
Cat is gorgeous, seriously what's not to love??? The build up to there relationship is a beautiful one. Soft and sensual yet extremely hot! Such a well written piece that I wish was lengthened into a full novel.
Josephine Lee
Josephine Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Cornelia Baum
Cornelia Baum rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Lavrov Buksenstov
Lavrov Buksenstov rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Anouk van Dongen
Anouk van Dongen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
  • The Diary of Dakota Hammell
  • Breaker's Passion
  • Firesong
  • BTW I Love You
  • Better Off Red (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #1)
  • Seven Minutes In Heaven
  • Infinite Loop
  • The Heart of Aces
  • Language Lessons
  • The Lure of White Oak Lake (White Oak Lake, #1)
  • Forbidden Fruit: Stories of Unwise Lesbian Desire
  • Entangled
  • Conquest
  • Parties in Congress
  • Green Eyed Monster
  • Also Known as Armchair Detective (AKA Investigations, #1)
  • The Rest of Forever
  • Deep Deception
Harper Bliss is the author of the High Rise series, the French Kissing serial and several other lesbian romance and erotica titles. She is the co-founder of Ladylit Publishing, an independent press focusing on lesbian fiction.

Harper lives in Hong Kong with her wife and, regrettably, zero pets.
More about Harper Bliss...