Start by marking “Of Blood and Bone (The Minaldi Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Of Blood and Bone (The Minaldi Legacy, #1)

Of Blood and Bone (The Minaldi Legacy #1)

Luca Minaldi is powerful, rich and mesmerizing. But he is also a reclusive enigma. He lives in Malta, a fairytale-like place filled with sunshine and sea, beauty and secrets. And Luca’s darkest of secrets is the best kept of them all.

Eva Talbot is spending the summer in Malta to finish up her doctoral dissertation. When she meets Luca, a mysterious and handsome shipping m
Published October 8th 2012 by Lakehouse Press (first published September 14th 2012)

Michelle Book Briefs
Oct 17, 2012 Michelle Book Briefs rated it really liked it
This book is nuts. In an awesome way. I was so interested in everything- the detailed setting of the story, the mysterious curse that plagues Luca, and the hauntingly beautiful writing. Of Blood and Bone is so well executed.

The first two sentences of the summary perfectly describe Luca! (and Of Blood and Bone) In case you don't feel like scrolling up just one paragraph, here are the sentences, "Luca Minaldi is powerful, rich and mesmerizing. But he is also a reclusive enigma." This book is such
Kristen
Oct 16, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it
GENRE: Romance
THEME: Mystery/Paranormal
RECEIVED: Kismet Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
After reading Courtney Coles novel Dante’s Girl and loving every bit of it I knew I couldn’t wait to read her adult novel Of Blood and Bone. This is a dark romance novel with a ton of mystery and murder. It had a lot of unexpected moments and its fast paced plot never confused me with all the twists that popped up.

Of Blood and Bone follows Evangeline (Eva) who has just gotten to her sum
Khanique McDaniel
May 15, 2013 Khanique McDaniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So ... I stumbled upon this book at the end of 'If you Stay' and I had to give it a read and I am so glad I did.
It's not what I usually read, but this one just sunk it's teeth in me and wouldn't let me go!

Once again, Ms. Cole is fantastic at getting your attention when she starts a story. I wanna know just as much as the female lead character and I don't mind the glimpses we get into that of Luca Minaldi.

I love the location, as it was good great to get out of the usual USA scene and venture to a
Marlene
Oct 16, 2012 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Be prepared to be surprised. From the description, even from the title, I expected Of Blood and Bone to be a paranormal romance. It isn't. Think of it as romantic suspense, but of the old-fashioned gothic school of suspense.

Except that the heroine is a psychiatrist. One who falls in love with her patient, even after he has slightly kinky sex with her, and then doesn't remember it the next morning. But Eva's not licensed to practice yet, so she's not violati
Tabitha R
Nov 01, 2012 Tabitha R rated it it was amazing
This was an outstanding book. Loved loved loved it!!!
I tend to shy away from mystery, suspense books but have read prior reviews and thought Id give it a shot. Boy am I glad that I did. This book kept me by the seat of my pants!
Better yet.. This wasn't just about a mystery but had romance inbetween each page. I fell in love with strong silent Luca. Eva.. a strong out going women who says what she thinks and oozed confidence. Both of them complimented each other well and I found myself rooting fo
Michelle Files
Sep 23, 2012 Michelle Files rated it it was amazing
Holy hot, Luca!
It's been a week and I'm still sweating from this one! I will write a more coherent review once I've cooled off but between now and then if you want a good adult read pick this book up NOW!
Autumn Review
Oct 11, 2012 Autumn Review rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
First of all, what do you think of the revised cover? Gorgeous right?!?! Ok, so if you've ever read anything by Courtney Cole, be prepared, this is different than her other books. In my opinion, I think she has created a brilliant book. It's dark, gritty, sexy, and suspenseful. You'll be hot one minute and curious the next.

Eva was a likable character to me right away. There isn't anything that particular drew her to me per say, but I liked her none the less. I think because I really liked Luca,
Farrah
Oct 19, 2012 Farrah rated it it was amazing
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

I LOVED Courtney Cole’s YA book, Dante’s Girl. So when I heard about a new adult book she wrote, I was all for it. And it didn’t disappoint at all. Courtney, you’ve completely wowed me again.

The setting of this book, Malta, was gorgeous. The descriptions were a sensory delight. I truly felt like I was in this lush, beautiful location. I really have to applaud Courtney for the fabulous job she did creating the setting.
Ellen
Oct 16, 2012 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours, arc
Eva Tablet is spending her summer on the beautiful Island of Malta, while she completes her dissertation. Eva is a psychiatrist. While there, she meets Luca Minaldi, the most eligible bachelor on the Island. Luca is rich, handsome, mysterious, aloof, and one of the most beautiful men Eva has ever seen. Eva prides herself on her ability to read people. In fact, this is part of what she is working on for her dissertation, but Luca Minaldi is an enigma, a mystery, which both baffles and intrigues h ...more
Kathy
Oct 02, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book, my original thought was that I was in another very dark read. I kept feeling this for about the first 35% of the book. Then, I kept thinking I was reading a paranormal romance, but it isn't a paranormal romance, and it isn't a dark story. It is something completely different. Courtney Cole has taken the plunge into the adult genre head first without looking back and scored. She has stepped out of her YA comfort zone to bring a chilling, romantic thriller w ...more
Christina  Torretta
Oct 23, 2012 Christina Torretta rated it really liked it
This is a very unusual story. Eva is an interesting character but I don’t understand her decisions. Straight from the beginning she starts to think about this guy Luca before she even really knows him. Actually she does not really get to know him until much further in the book but she’s already lusting over him. I guess in my mind she is smarter than just falling for some hot guy.

Then again Luca isn’t just some hot guy. He has an intensity about him that she can’t place and being someone that ca
Sarah (Inklings Read)
Oct 16, 2012 Sarah (Inklings Read) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Oozing mystery, suspense, and intrigue, Of Blood and Bone by Courtney Cole makes for a perfect Fall read! While this is certainly not for young adults, it is definitely worthy of being reviewed here at Inklings Read!

Courtney does a fantastic job of teasing the readers in this book with the fantastic plot and steamy romance! She slowly reveals bits and pieces of information, but only enough to keep you guessing. I loved that she chose to write this story using multiple POVs! That extra peek into
FicTalk Blog
Sep 24, 2012 FicTalk Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed-in-2012
Reviewed by Meg

As a little boy, Luca Minaldi was told he was a monster. As an adult, he knows it is true. He lives in Malta, a fairytale-like place filled with sunshine and sea, beauty and secrets. And Luca’s darkest of secrets is the best kept of them all.

Eva Talbot arrives in Malta for the summer to finish up her doctoral dissertation. When she meets Luca, a mysterious and handsome shipping tycoon, there is an instant attraction, a disturbing and beautiful energy that she has never felt before
Deea (Andreea)
Oct 08, 2012 Deea (Andreea) rated it really liked it
I loved it! I've wanted to read something written by Courtney Cole for a long time, so I was super excited when she and the lovely ladies at Kismet Blog Touring offered me a review copy and the chance to help Courtney promote this new release! I had a good feeling about this book from the first time I heard about it, and I was so right to feel that way! I had big expectations going into it and they were actually exceeded, I was very impressed with Ms. Cole's writing.

Even from the start, you can
Belkis
Mar 28, 2013 Belkis rated it really liked it
Well when I started reading this book I didn't really have a clear take on what genre the storyline was going to fall into but the synopsis had me intrigued so I bought it. I started reading it and at the beginning the initial setup and book atmosphere had me leaning towards the supernatural and I thought that maybe it would end up having some kind of paranormal element in it. Total surprise, it did not. Very well written suspenseful adult romance. Which I admit I enjoyed very much. Loved Luca. ...more
Clista
Oct 23, 2012 Clista rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started this book. I was interested from the start, wondering what was going on. Loved getting to know the characters and wanting to know more about Eva and Luca straight away. The darkness and mystery of the whole place was intriguing. The story had suspense and emotions that kept building. I was surprised, and really wanting to read more to finish this unfinished story!
Tiffanie
Feb 03, 2015 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing
Courtney Cole has a way of drawing you into her world and this book was a testament to that. I feel in love the with the people on the island and the characters of the story. At times I was wondering if this was paranormal story, with the things that kept happening to Luca. But the twist and turns that keep you engaged till the end were amazing and I can not wait for the next book to be released.
Mariana
Sep 28, 2012 Mariana rated it it was amazing
What a dark, twisted, passionate sotry. Its hard notto love Luca but you do find yourself questioning yourself about your reaction to him. what great charcters courtney has created in Eva and Luca. I throughly enjoyedthis book. Courtney has done a great job with her first contemporary romance. I look forward to the second book of this series... it cannot come out fast enough
Lizzy
Oct 15, 2012 Lizzy rated it it was amazing
AMAZING STORY..

Love is dangerous… and its called LUCAS MINALDI!!
This book was HOT,STEAMY PASSIONATE INTENSE AND DARK..

Courtney Cole I LOVE THIS BOOK!! And im in LOVE with LUCA..

"His the most beautiful male body I've ever seen, absolutely perfect in every way" .

This BOOK Is a must READ!! BOOK 2 where are you??
Theresa Morgan
Sep 19, 2012 Theresa Morgan rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough about this book.... I absolutely LOVED it! What is it about a seemingly broken man and the strong woman who saves him that makes a story all consuming??? Add in passion, mystery, and a bit of jealousy, and you get this book. I was devoured by this book and I am left in strong anticipation of the sequel....
Nov 04, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, favorites
My mind can't handle what I just read. I love a dark and twisty male lead! Luca you filled the role perfectly! I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next book to come out because Courtney you left me with Book Blue Balls! (BBB)
Nicky Webb
Feb 08, 2013 Nicky Webb rated it really liked it
Loved this, Luca is as the synopsis says - "mesmerising" excellent story, look forward to more!
Marybel
Oct 15, 2012 Marybel rated it it was amazing

Wow it was so good, omigod can't wait for book two.
UltraMeital
Jul 02, 2015 UltraMeital rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I didn't really know what to expect from this book what I DIDN'T expect is an absolute and total disappointment! The story itself had it's potential but it was ruined by too many things. With all the hailing reviews I can't believe that I'm giving it one star but I can't say that I found this book interesting, maybe the prelude was, but the story itself and mostly the way it was written felt cold and detached to me so I couldn't feel anything during the whole ride. The mystery could have b ...more
Katrina Tinnon
Nov 18, 2012 Katrina Tinnon rated it really liked it
Courtney Cole had me hooked and wanting more.

The prologue is what completely piqued my interest. You have a woman trying to help the man she has fallen for. The "darkness" is a scary place for Luca, and he can't remember what happened.

Eva is trying to finish her dissertation in on of her favorite childhood places. She has an odd run in with Luca, and becomes instantly infatuated. Eva started getting on my nerves about half way through the book. She goes from a strong independent woman to extreme
The BookWhisperer
Oct 15, 2012 The BookWhisperer rated it liked it
For some reason, the synopsis above was nothing like what I pictured the book to be. In a lot of ways, that is good. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I found myself submersed into this book; the plot, the characters, and the mystery behind it all.

I really enjoyed the character Eva most of the time (towards the end of the book I started to lose that feeling.) She was driven, smart, charming, and knew exactly what she wanted in life, to finish her dissertation. However, that want was thrown
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Evangeline (Eva) is an American psychiatrist, who travels to Malta to finish her dissertation over the summer. On her first day, Eva meets Luca Minaldi, who 'protects' her from a spider..and so begins the romantic interlude. In this new place, people are friendly and accepting, except there are strange murders happening all over the place. While her attraction towards Luca increases over time, she also learns that this rich, gorgeous and mysterious male has some dark secrets.

This felt like a mod
Ana
Oct 21, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
So, the first thing you need to know is that this book is a departure from Courtney’s previous series. And what a departure it is! First of all, it’s an adult book with adult situations. It’s a dark mystery with some steamy romance. Oh, and let’s not forget murder, family curses and betrayals. Yup…it’s different! But in such a good way!

The characters are unique and well written, each with their own story to tell. Eva is finishing her dissertation in hopes of beginning her career as a psychiatris
Caro
Sep 18, 2012 Caro rated it liked it
Jen
Oct 02, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s
3.5 Stars

*There are a few things mentioned that could be viewed as "spoilery" but I will do my best not to get too detailed with those.

Dark, mysterious and hauntingly romantic are the first words that come to mind when I think of this book. It's a story that draws you in and holds you captive until the last page, if for no other reason than wanting to solve the mystery surrounding Luca Minaldi. It's well written, the characters are engaging and the setting makes me want to book a trip to Malta
Shut Up & Read: Of Blood and Bone by Courtney Cole Giveaway 1 14 Sep 26, 2012 08:50PM
  • Whisper (Whisper Trilogy, #1)
  • Waterfall (Dragon's Fate, #1)
  • Shockwave (The Tarot Series, #1)
  • Supernaturally Kissed (Frostbite, #1)
  • Embracing the Flames (Born in Flames Trilogy, #2)
  • His Perfect Game
  • Lord of the Deep (Horde Wars, #5)
  • Flesh and Feathers (The Flesh Series #1)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Love Lines (Love Lines, #1)
  • Dark Shadows: Wolf Moon Rising
  • Dark Mist Rising
  • Vertical Drop
  • The Dragon Stirs (Energen, #1)
  • Damned  (The Pirate, #1)
  • Paradise Hops
  • Wanted: One Ghost (The Crossroads of Kings Mill #1)
  • The Royal Scam (The Martian Alliance, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...

The Minaldi Legacy (2 books)
  • Of Darkness and Demons (The Minaldi Legacy, #2)

“Because I'm a monster, like my father before me and his father before him, and so on. There is no help for me.” 5 likes
“I enjoy the vibration of the sound against my lips, the heat of her breath against mine. Everything is visceral now, an explosion of sensations and my vision blurs.
She is soft and I am hard and I rage against her, taking her over and over until her eyes glaze and her screaming stops.
Her heart is pounding against my chest and her body is so very fragile.
So I break it.”