Enter the Dragon

Enter the Dragon (The Bestiary)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Since a ceasefire was called on the Dragon Wars, dragons and humans have lived in an uneasy partnership. To help humans understand dragons and prepare future dragon trainers, the Academy was created. Jac Conway is an eager student, long enthralled with all things dragon. But even he, with all his hopes and ambitions, never dreamed of just how close to them one night would...more
Published November 21st 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC

Deeze
A very different take on the Dragon theme.

I admit I normally prefer my Dragon fics more clichéd, but despite the unusual turn this one took, I still enjoyed the ride.

A pretty unique and very entertaining story.

Another plus, there are Dragon babies lol
Ami

After my first (good) experience with Jamie Sullivan in Imaginary, I decided to try her other work ... Let me say this first. OMG BABY DRAGONS!!! SO CUUUUUTEEE!!!!

Okay, now that I let that out of the way... I find this story to be pretty interesting. A couple of other reviewers have said it; it is a different take on dragons and their mating behavior. While it is quite short (only 15.500 words), but I find the characters to be well portrayed.

I might be a liiiiitle bit uncomfortable wit...more
Heller
I liked this story. There was a really interesting take on dragons and even though it was a short story I found the MC's were detailed and rich. Loved the little dragons as well!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*
A very different and unique take on dragons, dragon mating and magic.
It begins with Jac, the narrator of this story and his excitement about finally being able to fulfill his dreams and obsession with dragons by attending the academy for dragon tamers. His exuberance and joy at being there is so clear and tangible.
He's 18 and only just begun his schooling when the older boys lure him into the drain cave during mating season.
I can see some people maybe having issues with a bit of this story,...more
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
3.65

It was a really sweet and wonderful read, and I particularly like the author's take on dragons. Original!

There were a few things I felt a bit iffy about, but overall I enjoyed it a lot!
blub
A good take on dragons, their mating and what it means for them to mate( all in all a good job world building). Loved the baby dragons.
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I thought I knew what to expect with this story, but I was wrong. I always love to read stories and dragons or dragon shifters and I always make sure to snatch them up. I was surprised then, to see the very different type of dragon story this was, and it goes well in The Bestiary collection from Less Than Three Press, because it shows a different sort of dragon that I've yet read in m/m fantasy.

Jac has always been fascinated by dragons. Raised by a...more
Teetee
This was an interesting short story about Jac, a young man who’s curiosity about how dragons mate lead him to meet and sleep with one, much to his surprise. At the start of the book Jac is a first year in dragon school and knows very little about the beasts. His ‘friends’ trick him and take him down to the dragon caves and Jac bravely enters, only to meet a ‘boy-dragon’ who’s shaped like a young man but is obviously a dragon. The two mate and Jac leaves, refusing to return the following mating s...more
Sue
This was a sweet story with a rather original approach to dragons and their interaction with humans.
I really enjoyed it.
Jamie Sullivan is a new author to me; I'd like to read more from them.
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Anne Freya
Anne Freya marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
KJW
KJW marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Davina
Davina added it
Dec 18, 2013
Snuffles
Snuffles marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013