Start by marking “Table Manners” as Want to Read:
Table Manners

Table Manners

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Celebrated artists Raschka and Radunsky join forces to give us all a valuable, riotous crash course in Table Manners.
Why is speaking with your mouth full a bad idea? Who is permitted to wave his napkin like a flag? What happens if you don't chew your food? Two renowned artists, Vladimir Radunsky and Chris Raschka (and their alter egos, Dudunya and Chester), provide hilari
Published December 31st 2001 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Table Manners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Table Manners

Julie Sigmund
Kids would like it because it is silly. I was disappointed because I thought it would help with a teaching point, but it is about table manners. I was under the impression it would also include tips about table conversation.
Lauren
Once again, weird. And that's precisely why I love Radunsky. Some of the most off-the-wall children's books I've read are by him. I love the hilarious photos of the kids with their messy faces at the beginning of the book (assumedly before they learn "table manners.") Duddunya and Chester, the main characters, teach their readers: the proper utensils to use while eating, how to politely eat and drink while at the table, how to fold a napkin correctly, the importance of chewing your food, not tal ...more
Alice
3.75 stars A not so serious book about table manners. Funny scenarios and pictures. Teach those kids some table manners!!
Danelle Spicer
A great picture book to teach children about table manners. The pictures are very colorful and very informative.
Caitlin Barclay
This is such a great book for teaching kids good table manners (which is obvious from the title I know). Chris Raschka knows kids and their humor. Written in part as a conversational text and in part as a free manual (as stated on the front cover) the author uses common situations and makes them humorous and opportunities to teach good manners. It even teaches us a few polite phrases to say in other countries! I think Pre-K and Kindergarten students would love this book!
Amy Hughes
"Table Manners" would be a fun picture book to read for a read aloud. It is both informative and funny. The students would think it is funny but it also discusses different table manners. It discusses why we do not talk with our mouth full and that we need to chew our food. This would be good to read to young students who have not picked up on the different unwritten rules of dinner time manners.
Brittany Gormong
My favorite part of this book is the fact that multiple languages are represented throughout. This book would be a great one to consider for a unit on polite manners, etc.

Author/Illustrator: Chris Rashcka
Samantha
A crash course in manners for youngsters known for causing problems at the dinner table. All the basics are covered with humor and are positioned around vivid mixed media artwork. PreK-2.
Christina Schmitt
A great book about teaching children table manners. This would be a good read aloud in the classroom and could also be used in the home setting.
Tiah Keever
I love this book on manners. Elevenses! aka teatime/snack time. "Make ready the napkins!" Radunksy's sense of humor and art are great.
Amanda Funnell
This is beautiful! It was goofy but true all at the same time.
Jocelyn
Oct 09, 2008 Jocelyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jocelyn by: parents reading to kids; kids
VERY funny. Our copy had a great poster too.
Molly
Fun, and informative, but a little chaotic!
Preetkamal
Preetkamal marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Gary Masskin
Gary Masskin marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Jyothi
Jyothi marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Dorcas Adeyinka
Dorcas Adeyinka marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Chidera Duru
Chidera Duru marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Trey Veazey
Trey Veazey marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Thinh Nguyen
Thinh Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
"I always try to treat the book itself as the artwork," Chris Raschka says. "I don't want you to stop while you're reading one of my books and say, 'Oh! What a gorgeous illustration!' I want you to stop at the end of the book and say, 'This is a good book.' "

Chris Raschka is one of those people who knew from an early age what he wanted to be when he grew up. "It was never a question in my mind,"
More about Chris Raschka...
A Ball for Daisy Yo! Yes? Daisy Gets Lost Charlie Parker Played Be Bop Everyone Can Learn to Ride a Bicycle