Start by marking “Untouched (The Girl in the Box, #2)” as Want to Read:
Untouched (The Girl in the Box, #2)

Untouched (The Girl in the Box #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  4,553 Ratings  ·  237 Reviews
Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges – Aleksandr Gavrikov, a metahuman so powerful, he could destroy entire cities – and he's focused on bringing the Directorate to its knees.
Published April 21st 2012 by Robert J. Crane

To ask other readers questions about Untouched, please sign up.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. MaasCrown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGraceling by Kristin CashoreDivergent by Veronica Roth
'I Am Woman Hear Me Roar'
572 books — 664 voters
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingKnight of Flame by Scott EderCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Fire
273 books — 111 voters

More lists with this book...

Misericordia ❣
Aug 26, 2016 Misericordia ❣ rated it it was amazing
Q:
The sky was slightly brighter when I walked back outside, though there was still no break in the clouds. In spite of it, I could see the lightness in the sky where the sun must be hiding, and felt the slight creep of a smile at the corner of my lips as I trod across the salted sidewalks, back to the dormitory I was calling home.
(c)
Q:
She turned to walk away. I watched her go, noticed the sway of her hips, and wondered what kind of a man would be attracted to a woman so obviously starved for att
Jagged
Feb 22, 2015 Jagged rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
This book was slightly better than the last, but not by much.

The one thing this series has going for it is action. I like action. It's probably the only reason why I have been able to finish the books.

I found it amusing how Sienna mentions that the movie she was watching with Zack was stupid and didn't have a plot. Ironic, really, considering how the plot to this book and the first was also non-existent.

There is a main goal here somewhere, but as of yet, I have no clue what it is. And normally
MartaSMB
Jan 05, 2016 MartaSMB rated it it was amazing
This is not even going to be a decent review because all I can do while and after reading these books is fangirl and everything I can say is gonna come out smthg like "OMG SIENNA AND ZACK I'm D-Y-I-N-G OOOHHHH EM GEEEE ASDFGHJKL I AM SO DEAD *SCREAMS* *SQUEALS* *CRIES TEARS OF HAPPINESS* *FALLS TO THE FLOOR* *REPEATS* I LUUV THEM SOOO MUUUCH :'DDDDD" so, I apologize.
This book's plot is amazing! I love Sienna, I love how witty and stubborn and idk-what-else she is, she makes me laugh like crazy a
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Sep 13, 2012 Amy_Read to My Heart's Content rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
See review at: http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

I am a huge fan of this author. It seems like every story he writes, he puts his heart and soul into it and you get this work of pure creativity with some very hefty world building.
Ya'll know I do like book covers(even if I am reading it on a digital device) and if one stands out for me I love to point out the reasons why.
Obviously fire is a pretty metaphorical element in a story. It is hot, it burns everything around, but it also brings s
Booksnwhatever
Oct 17, 2014 Booksnwhatever rated it it was amazing
Book 2, Untouched, is more or less Sienna "finding herself" after discovering some strange and overwhelming facts she never even imagined could be possible. We welcome a few more dangerous characters to the series, and even find minor characters mentioned in book 1 finally getting a little spotlight. Also jam-packed with action, there's plenty more adrenaline and vigor for the thrill-seekers. With no sign of her mother still, Sienna is stuck with no one or no place to go. She chooses to stay wit ...more
Caty.vg
Dec 22, 2015 Caty.vg rated it really liked it
This book was much better than "Alone". I must say that I was not expecting the final part, I was really surprised (something that did not happen in book 1).
The only problem for me was Sienna steping out of the line of cool insulting to hurting feelings too quickly, I was hoping for a little more consideration in some cases.
What I really liked in this book was the message that it sends, about not caring too much with the bad things that happen but more with what we can do from there, how to mak
Larissa
Nov 26, 2016 Larissa rated it really liked it
Catch it in full at ♀Bookworm.

Untouched picked up right after Alone ended, and I gotta admit that I couldn't put this book down for longer than a sleep session at 1am. Managed to read even though my eyes were swimming in blood. You could see the veins, seriously. But, Untouched did touch me. It was action packed. It was teenage-y but it had plenty of adult repercussions, and many many questions left unanswered. Not to count the shocking outcomes: wild animal living inside her head, wild human to
Michelle
Jan 23, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like NA meta-human stories with a bit of drama and a touch of romance
I didn't enjoy this as much as the first book, but the reason is highly subjective. Untouched deals more with Sienna's emotional development and recovery from the events of the first book. Unfortunately this means she goes through a lot of self-indulgent and self-pitying behaviors. If you've ever been around anyone going through that, you know it's fairly obnoxious. Crane's portrayal is accurate enough to be as annoying as being around the real thing. There is also more of a romance factor in th ...more
Michelle Bacon
Dec 06, 2014 Michelle Bacon rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
Book two in the Girl In the Box trilogy. This one has Sienna battling an Iron Man type guy while trying to locate her mother. She is also being recruited by the Directorate to be one of their superior Metahumans (a human with super powers. Kinda similar to X-Men). I'm not 100% convinced with this book hence the 3-star rating. There are still many glaring flaws in this storyline. After Book 3, I am done with this series. Not really worth my time to read any further.
Katrina
Jan 13, 2016 Katrina rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was alright. I think it's interesting how Wolfe gets stuck in Sienna's head. That's a pretty rough side affect of her powers, and it makes sense, so I'm actually surprised I haven't read something like it before. Sienna still annoys be though, because she just does and says whatever she wants without thinking about what it means for other people. She admits to being wrong in the last book, but she doesn't think she's ever in the wrong in this one, and I really don't like that.
Latisha Griffin
Jun 19, 2016 Latisha Griffin rated it it was amazing
I really like how the book expresses Sienna's feelings. This book is wonderful.
Heather Holman
Apr 23, 2015 Heather Holman rated it really liked it
Good sequel, but I'm kinda getting tired of her getting the crap beat out of her and ready for the plot to move forward. Perhaps auntie Charlie will boost it forward....
Sara Myers
Oct 01, 2014 Sara Myers rated it liked it
Shelves: free
Better than the first. Once again, I didn't think I would read the next book until the final chapter hooked me.
Anita
May 23, 2017 Anita rated it did not like it
In this second book of 'The Girl in the Box'series, heroine Sienna, having dispatched Wolfe, is now fighting a flaming flying Russian meta human who is looking for his dead/cloned sister. As he erases an entire town with a fireball in order to gain the Directorate's attention and chars Sienna's hand to a crisp in his quest, our heroine has her hands full (or the one remaining) to say the least. But Sienna has a plan.
Accompanying his sister to a meeting with this monster (is this really a good i
Melissa Levine
I thought this was well written but it left me with so many questions. There were several things (read below) that left me confused because certain things weren't adding up, in my opinion. I had to get rid of some of them because I ended up with so many...majorly long review.

Sienna seemed to be a lot more than just sarcastic in book 2. Like she referenced different things/cliches, that made me question where she learned, heard, saw them from. Considering she hadn't been out that long, I doubt s
Mimi Davis Hopkins
May 23, 2017 Mimi Davis Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Untouchable

This book is as good as book one. Great characters, who are the same from book one. The j storyline it's exceptional with a great plot. This series is a great adventure for all who love a great read. On to book three!
Amber
Jun 01, 2017 Amber rated it it was amazing
I did my review on the box set of books 1-3
Irene
May 28, 2017 Irene rated it it was ok
I was disappointed that I didn't find the second book as interesting the first . The surprise ending has me looking forward to the next book .
Bee Halton
May 17, 2017 Bee Halton rated it liked it
It starts to grow on me. Certainly worth a try :-)
Cathy McGough
Mar 02, 2017 Cathy McGough rated it really liked it
An action filled page turner which makes me want to read the next book straight away and so I'm off to do that now!
Jenn
Feb 28, 2017 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Donna Rice
Mar 07, 2017 Donna Rice rated it really liked it
A solid sequel.
Leigh Ann - Silver Wings Reviews
See my review and more like it: http://flyingonsilverwings.blogspot.c...

*May contain minor spoilers for Alone (#1)*

Untouched is the second book in The Girl in the Box series. I am a huge fan of this author, and every Girl in the Box story just makes me love him more. Once again the story is told from Sienna's point of view. I love Sienna! She is such a smart-ass, and I love her attitude. I also enjoy getting to see inside her head. She's so tough on the outside and refuses to show any weakness.
Stephanie Waterhouse
Dec 13, 2014 Stephanie Waterhouse rated it really liked it
Book #2 continues with the coming out/becoming aware by the main character Sienna. At the start of the book we're introduced to a character from 1908 Russia named Aleksandr Gavrikov. This book gives us more insight to these special people and the different interactions between them and Sienna, Kurt, Zack and others at the agency Directorate.

In this book Sienna is dealing with the fact of not being Touched. I can't imagine what life was like for this soon to be eighteen year old whose been alone
Jack Murphy
Feb 27, 2016 Jack Murphy rated it really liked it
Cheryl M-M
Aug 21, 2012 Cheryl M-M rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Girl in a Box series. It is an urban supernatural with a flair of dystopian fantasy. Crane doesn't disappoint with yet another fine example of his creative imagination.

The main character Sienna has finally figured out what her main meta power is, she is one of very few succubi. Crane hasn't used the word succubus in the same sense as the usual contemporary paranormal/supernatural books.
Sienna 'takes in' the people she overpowers and then by definition they become
Timothy Carter
Jul 28, 2014 Timothy Carter rated it really liked it
Dave
Aug 15, 2015 Dave rated it liked it
If a single day goes by in this series in which Sienna doesn't get pummeled within an inch of her life, I'll be terribly surprised. In the first book, it was dramatic. She'd been training as a fighter for twelve years straight against her own mother, and as soon as she leaves the house, she gets beaten and tortured nearly to death multiple times a day for a week. That was dramatic. When it happens in the second book, it begins to lose its punch. Yeah, Sienna's getting beaten up again. She'll be ...more
Jack Vasen
Sep 06, 2016 Jack Vasen rated it it was ok
Lacey
Dec 05, 2014 Lacey rated it liked it
This was a really good book and packed to the gills with action. I also loved the learning about the different metas powers. I was glade that old man winter explained some things from the first book. There was some setups for the next book that left us wondering whats going on just as in the first one, but this time with Aleksandr. I felt like he was the main "to do" in this book and all that was important from the first book took a back seat which is what I didn't like. Sienna didn't know what ...more
  • Hunting Love
  • Dark Union (Descent, #3)
  • When Water Burns (Telesa, #2)
  • The Necromancer (Amber Lee, #4)
  • Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2)
  • Burnt Snow
  • Davy Harwood (The Immortal Prophecy, #1)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • Flashback (Saskia Brandt, #2)
  • Tangled (Torn Trilogy, #2)
  • Pretend (Pretend, #1)
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • Stalking  Shadows (Scary Mary, #2)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)
Robert J. Crane was born and raised on Florida's Space Coast before moving to the upper midwest in search of cooler climates and more palatable beer. He graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in English Creative Writing. He worked for a year as a substitute teacher and worked in the financial services field for seven years while writing in his spare time.
More about Robert J. Crane...

The Girl in the Box (10 books)
  • Alone (The Girl in the Box, #1)
  • Soulless (The Girl in the Box, #3)
  • Family (The Girl in the Box, #4)
  • Omega (The Girl in the Box, #5)
  • Broken (The Girl in the Box, #6)
  • Enemies (The Girl in the Box, #7)
  • Legacy (The Girl in the Box, #8)
  • Destiny (The Girl in the Box, #9)
  • Power (The Girl in the Box, #10)