Untouched (The Girl in the Box, #2)

Untouched (The Girl in the Box #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,273 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges – Aleksandr Gavrikov, a metahuman so powerful, he could destroy entire cities – and he's focused on bringing the Directorate to its knees.
Published April 21st 2012 by Robert J. Crane

To ask other readers questions about Untouched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untouched

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. MaasCrown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGraceling by Kristin CashoreDivergent by Veronica Roth
'I Am Woman Hear Me Roar'
98th out of 244 books — 218 voters
Knight of Flame by Scott EderCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Fire
44th out of 172 books — 93 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
See review at: http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

I am a huge fan of this author. It seems like every story he writes, he puts his heart and soul into it and you get this work of pure creativity with some very hefty world building.
Ya'll know I do like book covers(even if I am reading it on a digital device) and if one stands out for me I love to point out the reasons why.
Obviously fire is a pretty metaphorical element in a story. It is hot, it burns everything around, but it also brings s...more
Timothy Carter
Birdie Tracy
An Expanding View

This segment of the story continues Sienna's introduction into a vastly wider world. One of the major struggles for her is obviously going to be dealing with her "gift" and how hard it is to finally be released from the captivity of her home only to find that she is even more limited. She must find a way to come to terms with the fact that she will never be the girl in the red dress out on a date, holding hands with a boyfriend. Touching is death and she will be forever on the o...more
Paliden
Warning- May contain spoilers for Alone (book one)

Oh my gosh! I got the first three books of this series because they were free on Kindle. I read them all in three days! Be warned! There are 9 books so far in this series and it is not finished yet!

Okay, as far as this book goes, we get to see a lot more of Kat and Scott which was cool. And wow, I was not prepared for Charlie! Not at all what I expected. And then there is the whole thing with Zack that is so difficult it is almost sad. Not to me...more
Lizz Matthews
yep! i read it in one day! i couldnt put it down! absolutely love this series so far! the third one cant download fast enough!
C. Erani Kole
Sienna has grown from the first book, and the mystery about her mama continues to present itself while she battles against the beast in her head and this new opponent who may not be all that bad.

I was just as entertained by this as I was with the first one. I loved Zack and Sienna, the introduction of the M-Squad and the new characters like Kat and Scott. The world of Crane expanded, so it was nice to see a broader POV. I'm also glad with what Sienna decided with in the end.

I'd recommend this, a...more
Jacki
I love this series
Melissa Levine
I thought this was well written but it left me with so many questions. There were several things (read below) that left me confused because certain things weren't adding up, in my opinion. I had to get rid of some of them because I ended up with so many...majorly long review.

Sienna seemed to be a lot more than just sarcastic in book 2. Like she referenced different things/cliches, that made me question where she learned, heard, saw them from. Considering she hadn't been out that long, I doubt s...more
Doreen
cannot help but comparing sienna with rogue from the x-men. in fact, the meta humans are similar to the x-men. we are still in the dark as to the identity of the other meta humans group.
sienna is still in hiding / fighting off this other group from taking her. the story this time seems to run off a bit from its main plot, the search for sienna's mother is almost non-existent. sienna was still in her self-pitiful mode but she was on her way to redemption. (which is good but she still has 'me' is...more
Cheryl M-M
This is the second book in the Girl in a Box series. It is an urban supernatural with a flair of dystopian fantasy. Crane doesn't disappoint with yet another fine example of his creative imagination.

The main character Sienna has finally figured out what her main meta power is, she is one of very few succubi. Crane hasn't used the word succubus in the same sense as the usual contemporary paranormal/supernatural books.
Sienna 'takes in' the people she overpowers and then by definition they become...more
Leigh Ann - Silver Wings Reviews
See my review and more like it: http://flyingonsilverwings.blogspot.c...

*May contain minor spoilers for Alone (#1)*

Untouched is the second book in The Girl in the Box series. I am a huge fan of this author, and every Girl in the Box story just makes me love him more. Once again the story is told from Sienna's point of view. I love Sienna! She is such a smart-ass, and I love her attitude. I also enjoy getting to see inside her head. She's so tough on the outside and refuses to show any weakness....more
Chrisie
Read the 7 written already and completely addicted . I have Just bought this second book in audio form and will revisit. Let you know how it s end if the week
Completed audio:
Narrator has a mid American accent soft and expressive, Sienna's voice is great not too strong of accent since all of her childhood was spent away from others unable to pick up a strong local accent from school and family. Most of the voices were good except wolfs whose voice is a cross between scooby do and Bart Simpsons au...more
Davina
This is the type of book you stay up all night reading and the only reason you put it down is because your battery runs out.
The main character Sienna is annoying. Is she believeable? Who cares. She is tough, she is funny and even though she doesn't always do things the right way, she does them with her heart and morals in the right place. Between her character, some great side characters, the action being non stop and the romantic tention, I am hooked on this series.
Shivani
This is the second book in the girl in the box series and it is just as good as the first one.

Wolfe is inside Sienna's head and she can't get him out. He is stuck there and he keeps giving her his personal point of view on everything Sienna is doing. He is driving her mad but she doesn't want to tell anyone in fear of being locked up for being mad. The problem starts to get out of hand when Wolfe starts controlling what she does in her sleep.

Kyra Dunst
This has been a pretty amazing series so far. The meta-humans are mostly original, with some familiar villains (big bad wolf, anyone?), but the witty barbs and intense emotions of the characters really make the story shine. I enjoyed the first and second book in this series, and hope the rest of the series continues to be as edge-of-the-seat entertaining as the first two.
Catherine Gordon
You can almost feel the bones crunch in this second installment of the series. It's nice to have a heroine who doesn't dwell on her looks or outfit or moping around after men, even though there are some elements of that our main character can definitely look after herself. Nothing is black and white, so even our villians have dimension. Enjoyable read.
Shannon
Another Fun Read

Another Fun Read

Book 2 in the series is once again an easy read great for pool days. I no longer feel the series is just for kids. Some of the story line is a tad disturbing.
Looking forward to book 3
Dawn
I almost put the book down during the cafeteria scene. It really bugged me that Sienna and Clary had no concern about the damage they were causing during their spat. It also bugs me that Sienna has sarcasm like a street smart kid when she spent 10 years in just her house. IF she really learned so much from just watching TV then she would have realized that $100K was an awesome yearly pay.

I am reading another series with a heroine who cannot be touched - must have be the "in thing" for YA along...more
Alicia Brockie
I enjoyed this one as much as the first. Sienna seems to be finding ways to cope, even with her crush on Zach. And even though Wolfe want the nicest fellow I like that Robert J. Crane found a way to include him in this book. I did like Wolfe. Another wonderful book in this series
Fiona MacLellan
Enjoyable second instalment in the series, it's nice to catch up and see the developments in the characters and I look forward to knowing more about how things change now that Sienna's aunt is involved and may be able to help her with her powers.
Jemma *Dolly*
Again, just wow.

I can't even say what I thought about it because I can't put it.in words.

Gripping and compelling, I had to read the next chapter. I fall in love with very few books but this series I loved.
AmelieD
Reading books without any romance is just not my cup of tea. But, I have to say this book was really great. Sienna is still a kickass character getting stronger and stronger, not only physically but psychically. She has a strong attitude and harsh words on her tongue, and she's the queen of sarcasm. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't pretend to be the smartest person in the world, she's just a bit wicked (in a good way).

I really, really. Missed Reed. Zack is good, but just not for Sienna. The two...more
Philena
I'm really enjoying these books. As I keep reading, the story is losing it's X-men similarities and gaining individuality. I'm really looking forward to finding out what will happen with Sienna in book 3.
Hil Haddock
Sienna is still struggling to come to terms with being a meta and to cope with her new found powers. There are new monsters to be thought and revelations to be made.
A very enjoyable read though a little too many detailed fights.
Crystal
Better than the first one, but perhaps not quite four stars...let's say 3.75...secondary characters are fleshed out a bit more...plot moves along at a nice pace...overall, an entertaining read...
Keri
Beginning is very slow. I almost stopped reading it but pushed through. At 80% it really picked up and had an action packed ending. Going to finish Soulless since its already on my kindle but will probably stop this series there.
Lyndaa
The second book in the series and the characters are developing their powers. However, being a teenager is hard enough without finding out you have special powers too!
Nikki
I always start off with how I do my rating- 5 stars are my favorite books and will re-read and recommend to anyone. 4 stars are ones that I liked a lot but not loved as a favorite. 3 stars are ones that I liked (just liked). 2 stars are ones that I was not fond of. 1 star is for ones I hate and can not stand.

Much better than the first book
Diane
Wow. There wasn't one dull moment. I love everything about this series so far. Great pacing with excellent characters and dialogue.
  • Hunting Love
  • When Water Burns (Telesa, #2)
  • Davy Harwood (The Immortal Prophecy, #1)
  • Burnt Snow
  • Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2)
  • Stalking  Shadows (Scary Mary, #2)
  • Haunting Blackie (Cyborg Seduction, #8)
  • Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Living with the Bad Boy
  • The Death Series: Volume One (Death, #1-3)
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Endurance (Afterlife, #3)
  • Tangled (Torn Trilogy, #2)
  • Spirit Seeker (Talisa Santiago #1)
  • Balance (The Divine, #1)
Robert J. Crane was born and raised on Florida's Space Coast before moving to the upper midwest in search of cooler climates and more palatable beer. He graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in English Creative Writing. He worked for a year as a substitute teacher and worked in the financial services field for seven years while writing in his spare time.
More about Robert J. Crane...
Alone (The Girl in the Box, #1) Soulless (The Girl in the Box, #3) The Girl in the Box Set (The Girl in the Box, #1-3) Family (The Girl in the Box  #4) Omega (The Girl in the Box #5)