Start by marking “CAT SAYINGS: wit & wisdom from the whiskered ones” as Want to Read:
CAT SAYINGS: wit & wisdom from the whiskered ones

CAT SAYINGS: wit & wisdom from the whiskered ones

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  9 reviews
New Book Dedicated to the Cat Lover is Released Featuring Cat Art from Around the Globe

This cat art book showcases artwork along with quotations about cats that cover topics including the bond between humans and their cats, the cat personality, of cats & dogs, and even wild cats. This collaborative publication has two goals in mind: first, to honor and highlight the ca
Published September 1st 2012 by BookCollaborative.com

To ask other readers questions about CAT SAYINGS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CAT SAYINGS

Erika
I have to admit, although being intrigued by this book and getting my hands on a copy I was a bit hesitant but as a cat lover I just couldn't resist it. Well, upon receiving CAT SAYINGS in the mail and opening it up, I immediately fell in love with it. I could not stop turning the pages to see the next piece of artwork and read the sometimes quirky, sometimes brilliant, and insightful quotes about cats.

I applaud Bradford G. Wheler's great abilty to select the artwork and quotes for this piece. I
Yvonne
Cat Sayings is a beautiful book filled with pictures and drawings of various cats and some lions and tigers, too. Each one is accompanied by quotations appropriate to felines. Many of the quotes are right on the mark and I was nodding my head as I was reading – truer words were never spoken.

The quotations are from very notable people including Winston Churchill to Rodney Dangerfield to Ernest Hemingway, to name a few.

A couple of favorites of mine…

"One cat just leads to another" – Ernest Hemingwa
Donald Armfield
This is a cool little book, but with a big meow. Cat sayings combine famous quotes, dialogue and poetry with pictures from illustrations and pictures from different artists and photographers.

I want to thank the author for the copy. It will now be passed on to my mother inlaw who believes her cats are people. Here are some of my favorite quotes and illustrators.

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. -Grouch Marx-
I have an Egyptian cat he leaves pyramids in ev
Jennifer Defoy
This was a pretty neat book. It combined quotes about cats with pictures, drawings, and paintings of cats. It wasn't just house cats, there were a few wild cats in there to. But I think the neatest part of this book is that it was a collaboration. Artists submitted their artwork for consideration and some of the submissions were used in the book. Then in the back of the book you can find a biography for each artist and photographer. What a great way to get some exposure for these artists.

Some o
Alain Burrese
“Cat Sayings: wit & wisdom from the whiskered ones” by Bradford G. Wheler is a colorful and entertaining book that is sure to be a delight to all art and cat lovers. While the quotes are interesting and entertaining, it is the art, from 60 different artists from 9 different countries that really make the book. The pictures and photographs are full color and run the gamut from beautiful to more abstract. All of them add to the book and make this a perfect gift for any cat lover.

The quotes and
Lois
If you love, admire and respect cats, which, all cat-lovers would be prone to admit, is only their due, then an excellent way of paying them the most appropriate homage would be to acquire a copy of Bradford G. Wheler’s composite of fine written and visual images: Cat Sayings: Wit & Wisdom from the Whiskered Ones. Having already gained experience of how best to present a finely illustrated collection of wide-ranging quotations on animals that he, and countless others, love, in his two works ...more
The Loopy Librarian
Cat Sayings is part of the Wit and Wisdom Series of BookCollaborative.com which has a goal of promoting artwork in books. Cat Sayings features 60 artists from 9 different countries paired with famous and not-so-famous quotes about cats. I enjoyed the original artwork and the pairings. I was also impressed that the book contained short biographies of the artists and photographers as well as an index of all of the quotes. Bradford G. Wheler, the compiler of this book and the brainchild behind Book ...more
McGuffy Morris
Beautifully illustrated, this book indeed captures the wit, wisdom and elegance of the feline. The illustrations are artwork of various mediums from photographs to paintings. Styles range from abstract to realism in amazing in colour and detail.

Some of the sayings collected here are well-known while others are obscure. However, all celebrate the unique creature we know and love: the cat.

The book includes a biography of the sixty artists and photographers, and their work, followed by a list of th
Sharon
This book is part of BookCollaborative.com's Wit & Wisdom series which "provides artists with a platform through which they can gain exposure and recognition". The book contains a majority of oil paintings, watercolor paintings and photographs of cats, both domestic and wild, along with cat and animal quotes from Winston Churchill to Charles Dickens. Mr. Wheler adds biographies at the back of the book for all of the artists and photographs whose art is featured in the book.

See my complete re
Paralelism
Paralelism marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
INCA’S DEATH CAVE An Archaeological Mystery Thriller Dog Sayings; Wit & Wisdom from Man's Best Friend Eighteen 6/10/71 the Poetry of John G. Hunter III